SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote:
Pwns wrote:
Aren't you one of those abortion-is-no-different-than-an-appendectomy guys, Chizz?

An anti-choice SCOTUS could take away your woman's right to crush the skull of a 20-week old fetus.
She's 50 years old... That ship has sailed
but we do smoke crushed baby skull (Totally legal in Washington)
and we eat salted Baby brains as hors d'oeuvres with a nice 22 week Fetus Pâté

:nod:

Image
A little bernaise sauce and you got yosef some good eatin'... :thumb:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23938
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
dbackjon wrote:The Thurmond Rule was what Senator Strom Thurmond (Bigot-SC) tried to espouse to block nominees of LBJ back in 1968, saying that no nominee should be considered in the last six months of a term.
:lol: If you're going to call Thurmond a Bigot, you might as well add that label to most if not all politicians. LBJ was a bigot. Lincoln too. Hell, Obama is a bigot (or is he reformed?) Bigot? The man is a product of his generation. He's a bigot by our standards. Most people in the early 20th Century were Anti-Semitic, should we destroy them because of that?
I believe the Dems had an actual Klukker until recently but he was a Dem so Jon forgave him
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14665
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
That's a great idea and all, but it's hard to take politics out of, well, politics. The Constitution is very clear - the President gets to pick someone to fill a Court vacancy, and the Senate has to say yes before that person is official. So in that context, Obama is perfectly fine nominating anyone and everyone he wants, whenever he wants to, and the Senate is perfectly fine voting (or in some cases not going to a vote) on anyone and everyone they don't want to fill that vacancy. It may not be pretty, but it's entirely Constitutional.

Oh, and that paragraph from addictinginfo seems like it was written before Bork. All the rules changed after Bork - it's practically Biden's legacy to have introduced contentious Senate questioning of prospective jurors.
How can he possibly resist having some fun with these imbeciles?

As we speak he is preparing a short list of lesbian abortion doctors...
Problem is Obama looks like a fool if he starts nominating less than stellar choices, just to poke fun at the opposition. Remind how the whole Harriet Miers thing went down. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Baldy
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8492
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by Baldy »

GannonFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
How can he possibly resist having some fun with these imbeciles?

As we speak he is preparing a short list of lesbian abortion doctors...
Problem is Obama looks like a fool if he starts nominating less than stellar choices, just to poke fun at the opposition. Remind how the whole Harriet Miers thing went down. :coffee:
If Harriett Miers was a Liberal Donk, she would have been overqualified to sit on the SCOTUS. :coffee:

Baldy
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8492
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by Baldy »

dbackjon wrote:BTW, SDHornet - a bunch of right-wing extremists in a circle jerk doesn't mean they have made any valid points. The opposite is true - as usual, the left-wing of the board has shown the right how foolish they are.
"I will be supporting the filibuster because I think Judge Alito, in fact, is somebody who is contrary to core American values, not just liberal values. When you look at his decisions--in particular, during times of war--we need a court that is independent and is going to provide some check on the executive branch."

--Barack Hussein Obama
:lol:

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55499
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by 93henfan »

Baldy wrote:
dbackjon wrote:BTW, SDHornet - a bunch of right-wing extremists in a circle jerk doesn't mean they have made any valid points. The opposite is true - as usual, the left-wing of the board has shown the right how foolish they are.
"I will be supporting the filibuster because I think Judge Alito, in fact, is somebody who is contrary to core American values, not just liberal values. When you look at his decisions--in particular, during times of war--we need a court that is independent and is going to provide some check on the executive branch."

--Barack Hussein Obama
:lol:
BOOM

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18652
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by JohnStOnge »

Aka not accept anyone that doesn't fit your ideology. The constitution should be apolitical, John.
People use the term "ideology" as though it's a bad word. It's not. You can look up various definitions but here is one that I think is representative from https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=de ... f+ideology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:
A set of doctrines or beliefs that are shared by the members of a social group or that form the basis of a political, economic, or other system.
Saying people should not be denied the vote because of their race or sex is expressing ideology. Our Declaration of Independence is an expression of ideology. Saying we should take care of the poor is expressing ideology. On and on.

And so is saying that we should be governed by the Constitution as each piece of language in it was originally understood. There is nothing at all wrong or unconstitutional about a majority of Senators saying they will NOT consent to seating a Supreme Court Justice who does not follow the Constitution. Whether or not someone is going to do that is a pretty damned important issue.

And to say the only thing that matters is if someone is "qualified" is utter nonsense. I don't think I need to elaborate. I think any reasonable person who thinks about it can see that that's true.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55305
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: :lol: If you're going to call Thurmond a Bigot, you might as well add that label to most if not all politicians. LBJ was a bigot. Lincoln too. Hell, Obama is a bigot (or is he reformed?) Bigot? The man is a product of his generation. He's a bigot by our standards. Most people in the early 20th Century were Anti-Semitic, should we destroy them because of that?
I believe the Dems had an actual Klukker until recently but he was a Dem so Jon forgave him
He doesn't count.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 37132
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I believe the Dems had an actual Klukker until recently but he was a Dem so Jon forgave him
He doesn't count.
Not even to 10? :?

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
How can he possibly resist having some fun with these imbeciles?

As we speak he is preparing a short list of lesbian abortion doctors...
Problem is Obama looks like a fool if he starts nominating less than stellar choices, just to poke fun at the opposition. Remind how the whole Harriet Miers thing went down. :coffee:
Well, of course; but that isn't what he'd do if he were inclined. He would send up an impeccably credentialed latino/latina candidate that leans left and watch Rafael Eduardo Cruz filibuster the conks right out of the election and further alienate the fastest growing minority group in the nation. Every time these ideologue halfwits like Cruz or Gingrich pull this kind of stunt they wind up making and even bigger joke of the so-called Republican Party. And now for a swan song Barack Hussein Obama will kick their asses with panache, or maybe its élan I'm thinking of... I guess it doesn't matter, you get the idea... one last time on his way out the door.. :thumb:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14665
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote:
GannonFan wrote: Problem is Obama looks like a fool if he starts nominating less than stellar choices, just to poke fun at the opposition. Remind how the whole Harriet Miers thing went down. :coffee:
Well, of course; but that isn't what he'd do if he were inclined. He would send up an impeccably credentialed latino/latina candidate that leans left and watch Rafael Eduardo Cruz filibuster the conks right out of the election and further alienate the fastest growing minority group in the nation. Every time these ideologue halfwits like Cruz or Gingrich pull this kind of stunt they wind up making and even bigger joke of the so-called Republican Party. And now for a swan song Barack Hussein Obama will kick their asses with panache, or maybe its élan I'm thinking of... I guess it doesn't matter, you get the idea... one last time on his way out the door.. :thumb:
It would be interesting if the GOP did end up nominating Cruz or Rubio, or have either on the ticket (i.e. a Latino presence on the ticket) but then the latino vote would go against them because of how they voted on a fellow latino candidate for the Supreme Court. And as retribution, those latino voters would vote for an elderly white man.

And do remember, on Obama's watch, the GOP has gone from being thrashed everywhere in the 2008 election, to now pretty much having a stranglehold on every single level of elected government, nationwide, from state legislatures to governors to both houses of the federal government, other than the Presidency. I'm not sure how Obama is kicking their assess and how the GOP is considered a joke party. It's been a pretty remarkable string of electoral success for the GOP in the span of 7 years - I'm not sure there's a similar repeat of such success in modern electoral history. If Obama keeps kicking their butts like this I'm not sure Democrats will survive. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
Posts: 27264
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:12 am
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME
Location: Eastern Palouse

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by andy7171 »

GannonFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Well, of course; but that isn't what he'd do if he were inclined. He would send up an impeccably credentialed latino/latina candidate that leans left and watch Rafael Eduardo Cruz filibuster the conks right out of the election and further alienate the fastest growing minority group in the nation. Every time these ideologue halfwits like Cruz or Gingrich pull this kind of stunt they wind up making and even bigger joke of the so-called Republican Party. And now for a swan song Barack Hussein Obama will kick their asses with panache, or maybe its élan I'm thinking of... I guess it doesn't matter, you get the idea... one last time on his way out the door.. :thumb:
It would be interesting if the GOP did end up nominating Cruz or Rubio, or have either on the ticket (i.e. a Latino presence on the ticket) but then the latino vote would go against them because of how they voted on a fellow latino candidate for the Supreme Court. And as retribution, those latino voters would vote for an elderly white man.

And do remember, on Obama's watch, the GOP has gone from being thrashed everywhere in the 2008 election, to now pretty much having a stranglehold on every single level of elected government, nationwide, from state legislatures to governors to both houses of the federal government, other than the Presidency. I'm not sure how Obama is kicking their assess and how the GOP is considered a joke party. It's been a pretty remarkable string of electoral success for the GOP in the span of 7 years - I'm not sure there's a similar repeat of such success in modern electoral history. If Obama keeps kicking their butts like this I'm not sure Democrats will survive. :coffee:
Obama is black. Dawg loves to promote how black people kick whites asses.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by houndawg »

andy7171 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
It would be interesting if the GOP did end up nominating Cruz or Rubio, or have either on the ticket (i.e. a Latino presence on the ticket) but then the latino vote would go against them because of how they voted on a fellow latino candidate for the Supreme Court. And as retribution, those latino voters would vote for an elderly white man.

And do remember, on Obama's watch, the GOP has gone from being thrashed everywhere in the 2008 election, to now pretty much having a stranglehold on every single level of elected government, nationwide, from state legislatures to governors to both houses of the federal government, other than the Presidency. I'm not sure how Obama is kicking their assess and how the GOP is considered a joke party. It's been a pretty remarkable string of electoral success for the GOP in the span of 7 years - I'm not sure there's a similar repeat of such success in modern electoral history. If Obama keeps kicking their butts like this I'm not sure Democrats will survive. :coffee:
Obama is black. Dawg loves to promote how black people kick whites asses.
Touch a nerve, Andrew? :lol:

Have you forgotten Muhammad Ali already?
Subvert the dominant paradigm

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Well, of course; but that isn't what he'd do if he were inclined. He would send up an impeccably credentialed latino/latina candidate that leans left and watch Rafael Eduardo Cruz filibuster the conks right out of the election and further alienate the fastest growing minority group in the nation. Every time these ideologue halfwits like Cruz or Gingrich pull this kind of stunt they wind up making and even bigger joke of the so-called Republican Party. And now for a swan song Barack Hussein Obama will kick their asses with panache, or maybe its élan I'm thinking of... I guess it doesn't matter, you get the idea... one last time on his way out the door.. :thumb:
It would be interesting if the GOP did end up nominating Cruz or Rubio, or have either on the ticket (i.e. a Latino presence on the ticket) but then the latino vote would go against them because of how they voted on a fellow latino candidate for the Supreme Court. And as retribution, those latino voters would vote for an elderly white man.

And do remember, on Obama's watch, the GOP has gone from being thrashed everywhere in the 2008 election, to now pretty much having a stranglehold on every single level of elected government, nationwide, from state legislatures to governors to both houses of the federal government, other than the Presidency. I'm not sure how Obama is kicking their assess and how the GOP is considered a joke party. It's been a pretty remarkable string of electoral success for the GOP in the span of 7 years - I'm not sure there's a similar repeat of such success in modern electoral history. If Obama keeps kicking their butts like this I'm not sure Democrats will survive. :coffee:
I guess this is why I feel such a disconnect at the conks ceaseless bleating about what awful shape our nation is in because of libtard guvmint.
Subvert the dominant paradigm

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 37132
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by CAA Flagship »

houndawg wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
It would be interesting if the GOP did end up nominating Cruz or Rubio, or have either on the ticket (i.e. a Latino presence on the ticket) but then the latino vote would go against them because of how they voted on a fellow latino candidate for the Supreme Court. And as retribution, those latino voters would vote for an elderly white man.

And do remember, on Obama's watch, the GOP has gone from being thrashed everywhere in the 2008 election, to now pretty much having a stranglehold on every single level of elected government, nationwide, from state legislatures to governors to both houses of the federal government, other than the Presidency. I'm not sure how Obama is kicking their assess and how the GOP is considered a joke party. It's been a pretty remarkable string of electoral success for the GOP in the span of 7 years - I'm not sure there's a similar repeat of such success in modern electoral history. If Obama keeps kicking their butts like this I'm not sure Democrats will survive. :coffee:
I guess this is why I feel such a disconnect at the conks ceaseless bleating about what awful shape our nation is in because of libtard guvmint.
Image

YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12088
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:48 am
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by YoUDeeMan »

houndawg wrote:
Have you forgotten Muhammad Ali already?
Mohammad Ali has forgotten Mohammad Ali already.
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by houndawg »

CAA Flagship wrote:
houndawg wrote:
I guess this is why I feel such a disconnect at the conks ceaseless bleating about what awful shape our nation is in because of libtard guvmint.
Image

Now that is just plain uncharitable, especially after I went to all that trouble last year to clue this board in to the fact that Hillary had a much bigger problem with Bernie than they thought. How sharper than a serpent's tooth... :ohno:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by houndawg »

Cluck U wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Have you forgotten Muhammad Ali already?
Mohammad Ali has forgotten Mohammad Ali already.
Maybe Andy got hit in the head too much, too.. :(
Subvert the dominant paradigm

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 37132
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by CAA Flagship »

houndawg wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Image

Now that is just plain uncharitable, especially after I went to all that trouble last year to clue this board in to the fact that Hillary had a much bigger problem with Bernie than they thought. How sharper than a serpent's tooth... :ohno:
Bernie??????
Hillary has a problem with Hillary. Bernie just happens to be the only other one standing next to her.
Biden would have blown both out of the water.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47113
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Now that is just plain uncharitable, especially after I went to all that trouble last year to clue this board in to the fact that Hillary had a much bigger problem with Bernie than they thought. How sharper than a serpent's tooth... :ohno:
Bernie??????
Hillary has a problem with Hillary. Bernie just happens to be the only other one standing next to her.
Biden would have blown both out of the water.
Yeah, there's nothing at all to this populist wave both Bernie and Trump are riding. :coffee:
Image
Image
Image

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by houndawg »

CAA Flagship wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Now that is just plain uncharitable, especially after I went to all that trouble last year to clue this board in to the fact that Hillary had a much bigger problem with Bernie than they thought. How sharper than a serpent's tooth... :ohno:
Bernie??????
Hillary has a problem with Hillary. Bernie just happens to be the only other one standing next to her.
Biden would have blown both out of the water.
Yeah, that's why he decided to sit this one out. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55499
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by 93henfan »

They're wheeling this stiff out for public viewing a few blocks away from my office on Friday.

Jon, if you have any requests shoot me a PM. I'm guessing selfies are banned, but if I could get an audible fart on CNN or something, I'm willing to give it the old college try. Let me know.

YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12088
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:48 am
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by YoUDeeMan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Biden would have blown both out of the water.
Biden is an azzclown.

It is amazing to everyone, even the hard core Dems, in Delaware that Biden is still considered by anyone to be presidential material. Biden is a joke...even he knows it.
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 37132
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by CAA Flagship »

Cluck U wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:
Biden would have blown both out of the water.
Biden is an azzclown.

It is amazing to everyone, even the hard core Dems, in Delaware that Biden is still considered by anyone to be presidential material. Biden is a joke...even he knows it.
Agree 100%.
But he would still be king of the dipshits when compared to the other two.

User avatar
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
Posts: 27264
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:12 am
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME
Location: Eastern Palouse

Re: SCALIA DEAD!!!!!!!

Post by andy7171 »

houndawg wrote:
andy7171 wrote: Obama is black. Dawg loves to promote how black people kick whites asses.
Touch a nerve, Andrew? :lol:

Have you forgotten Muhammad Ali already?
Rocky Marciano

Image
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."

Post Reply