BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Brexit Thread

Postby BDKJMU » Fri May 24, 2019 9:39 am

CID1990 wrote:It’s going to be Johnson and a no-deal Brexit now

Should have been that in the 1st place..

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 93henfan » Fri May 24, 2019 9:42 am

I just made a no-deal Brexit on the shitter.

Ouch.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Postby JohnStOnge » Fri May 24, 2019 4:26 pm

The British screwed up. Same problem as we have here only worse. Dying spasms of an element of the population dominated by ignorance and resentment. The problem for the young Brits is that the results of the dying spasms over there are going to be much harder to overcome.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Brexit Thread

Postby CID1990 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:42 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:The British screwed up. Same problem as we have here only worse. Dying spasms of an element of the population dominated by ignorance and resentment. The problem for the young Brits is that the results of the dying spasms over there are going to be much harder to overcome.

I guess you’d support a NAU then huh, John? One with Canada, Mexico, and maybe including Central America?

You can’t see the problems of signing over most of the key elements of national sovereignty (immigration/trade/civil rights) to a congressional body in, say, Toronto - a body consisting of reps from all of those countries?

Brexit was inevitable when the EU was formed, and it should be a cautionary tale to any future countries considering joining similar schemes

The EU is a Warsaw Pact with better window dressing

The British are going to suffer consequences for leaving that were purely created by the charter they entered in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Postby Ivytalk » Sat May 25, 2019 6:50 am

JohnStOnge wrote:The British screwed up. Same problem as we have here only worse. Dying spasms of an element of the population dominated by ignorance and resentment. The problem for the young Brits is that the results of the dying spasms over there are going to be much harder to overcome.

You haven’t had an original thought in months (years?). Just spewing the official CNN/MSNBC/Al Jazeera line equating Brexit supporters with Trump supporters.
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Brexit Thread

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun May 26, 2019 1:08 pm

Ivytalk wrote:

You haven’t had an original thought in months (years?). Just spewing the official CNN/MSNBC/Al Jazeera line equating Brexit supporters with Trump supporters.
I'm telling you. StOnge passed away and D1B was asked to fill his role.
Everything is better with Montana.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Postby AZGrizFan » Sun May 26, 2019 3:02 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:You haven’t had an original thought in months (years?). Just spewing the official CNN/MSNBC/Al Jazeera line equating Brexit supporters with Trump supporters.

:lol: No shit.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

mainejeff
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Postby mainejeff » Sun May 26, 2019 3:42 pm

Ivytalk wrote:

They are one and the same. :thumb:

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!

mainejeff
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Postby mainejeff » Sun May 26, 2019 3:43 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:You haven’t had an original thought in months (years?). Just spewing the official CNN/MSNBC/Al Jazeera line equating Brexit supporters with Trump supporters.

Welcome to Trump World. :nod:

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:55 pm

Here’s a little something for those who think a second referendum in the UK would return a different result (those Brits seeing them consequences and all):

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/27/eu-elec ... seats.html

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Postby GannonFan » Tue May 28, 2019 7:40 am

CID1990 wrote:Here’s a little something for those who think a second referendum in the UK would return a different result (those Brits seeing them consequences and all):

Yup, there's a reason why no one is really pushing for a second referendum - if Brexit wins again, as it would very likely do, how can you have any political party that has Remain as part of its agenda?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:10 am

GannonFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Here’s a little something for those who think a second referendum in the UK would return a different result (those Brits seeing them consequences and all):

Yup, there's a reason why no one is really pushing for a second referendum - if Brexit wins again, as it would very likely do, how can you have any political party that has Remain as part of its agenda?

I think we are going to see Irish reunification and Scottish independence in our lifetimes.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ivytalk » Tue May 28, 2019 9:48 am

CID1990 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

I think we are going to see Irish reunification and Scottish independence in our lifetimes.

But what about the Welsh? :? They’re my peeps!

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Postby GannonFan » Tue May 28, 2019 10:37 am

CID1990 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

I don't know so much about the Irish reunification - they can both be separate entities inside the larger EU, assuming the EU exists long-term (not going anywhere currently, I'm just thinking out 50 years or so). But yes, could certainly see Scottish independence depending on what post Brexit looks like. I still don't think it'll look all that bad - a lot of fear-mongering on both sides over this.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Tue May 28, 2019 1:02 pm

CID1990 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Not a whole lot separating Ireland and NI right now....no wall, no fence, no border check stations....just a line on a map...
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ivytalk » Tue May 28, 2019 2:04 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Not a whole lot separating Ireland and NI right now....no wall, no fence, no border check stations....just a line on a map...

And the whole country is getting more secular (like the West in general), so there’s that.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Postby SDHornet » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Boris Johnson is PM after another pro-Brexit wave in the last elections a month or so ago. My guess is a hard Brexit in late October.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Postby JohnStOnge » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:20 pm

CID1990 wrote:

I guess you’d support a NAU then huh, John? One with Canada, Mexico, and maybe including Central America?

You can’t see the problems of signing over most of the key elements of national sovereignty (immigration/trade/civil rights) to a congressional body in, say, Toronto - a body consisting of reps from all of those countries?

Brexit was inevitable when the EU was formed, and it should be a cautionary tale to any future countries considering joining similar schemes

The British are going to suffer consequences for leaving that were purely created by the charter they entered in the first place

Bottom line is that, at this point, they are going to be worse off by virtue of leaving. And I also think that the younger Brits don't want to do it. They have to suffer the consequences of votes by old people that are going to be gone in a few years.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:54 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Bottom line is that, at this point, they are going to be worse off by virtue of leaving. And I also think that the younger Brits don't want to do it. They have to suffer the consequences of votes by old people that are going to be gone in a few years.

All of which could have been avoided by not joining in the first place.

5-10 years from now the UK will be glad they don’t have their cart hitched to that mule.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:56 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

No they’re not. The vast majority of the majority of the other countries in the EU look like 3rd world countries, once you peak behind their “tourism” curtains...Why would you want to drain resources supporting that BS? If you got out of your Louisiana cocoon once in a while and knew what was happening beyond Lake Charles you might understand that.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Postby BDKJMU » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:58 pm

SDHornet wrote:Boris Johnson is PM after another pro-Brexit wave in the last elections a month or so ago. My guess is a hard Brexit in late October.

Yep.

Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Postby Aho Old Guy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:10 am

:thumb:

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:48 am

Aho Old Guy wrote::thumb:

I love that quote do much

If he brings back Top Gear they’ll rename Trafalgar Square after him

Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Postby Aho Old Guy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:13 pm

:lmao:
John Bolton promises Britain will be ‘front of the trade queue’ after Brexit

In some areas, the disruption may be already showing. Britain’s Office for National Statistics announced last week that the country’s economy shrank for the first time since 2012, while the pound fell to a 10-year low against the euro.

Bolton’s reassurances appeared likely to elicit a sigh of relief from Johnson, who has refused to rule out a no-deal Brexit amid a push against the E.U. for better terms.

The U.S. official said that if the British government ultimately opted to leave the E.U. without a deal, “we would support it enthusiastically.” And he rejected the suggestion, made by President Barack Obama in 2016, that Britain would join the “back of the queue” for a new trade deal.

Bolton’s idea that trade agreements could be reached sector by sector, without the need for a single comprehensive deal first, is a concession that should make the lives of negotiators easier and speed up progress on deals.

Although Bolton said that in some areas of trade, such as financial services, it may be hard to reach a deal, he expressed optimism that working in a “modular fashion” could yield progress. “In other words, you can carve out some areas where it might be possible to reach a bilateral agreement very quickly, very straightforwardly,” he said, according to the Guardian newspaper.

First Thang: It is highly improbable that the House of Commons will submit to a *No-Deal Brexit* __ even Boris The Wanker is pissing in the wind on that one. In fact, Johnson is counting on the Tories in Parliament to nip that sheet in the bud.

Second Thang: That 'queue' is wide __ and, it's deep, too :dunce: No deal with China. South Korea? The yucks are on us. Japan? Ditto. NAFTA? [snicker] Auto sales in the US are cratering. It's easy to win a trade war!

Third Thang: I'm thinking that "U.S. official" is a knob-polishing sycophant; busy up-dating his resume...

Fourth Thang: John . . . Bolton? Really? The great thing about Bolt-On __ he has as much credibility as Larry "Currency Wars Are Easy To Win" Kudlow (Hint: Not Much)

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Postby Skjellyfetti » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:39 pm

Good post. You should show up more, Aho. :thumb:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

Return to “Politics”