Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12224
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby GannonFan » Wed May 15, 2019 10:47 am

Makes you wonder if the Ottomans just could've run a better country and picked the correct side in WW1 that all of this never would've happened in the first place. Dumb Ottomans.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 5917
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Pwns » Thu May 16, 2019 2:16 pm

Why medical records should contain a person's real gender and not their fantasy gender.



So, do we use accurate genders in medical records or ask every man that comes in if they're pregnant whenever it might be relevant because tolerance?
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby css75 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:19 pm

Pwns wrote:Why medical records should contain a person's real gender and not their fantasy gender.



So, do we use accurate genders in medical records or ask every man that comes in if they're pregnant whenever it might be relevant because tolerance?



Cubs winning the World Series and now this, surely the end is approaching.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19839
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby CID1990 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:04 pm

I skimmed this article and my main takeaway was....

They have Five Guys in England??

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/05/20/ ... hakes-now/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 21608
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Ivytalk » Tue May 21, 2019 3:37 am

Better send out a search party for Bill Weld. Last seen somewhere in NH 4/30/19. :roll:
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51474
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby 93henfan » Wed May 22, 2019 10:38 am

From the land of the high speed pursuit comes another doozy. Good news is the dogs are going to recover, even the one at the end who went through the front of the RV, into a tree, and came out with the heavy limp and bleeding profusely. The one who jumped out earlier is supposedly 100%. **** cunt needs to see significant jail time after the meth wears off.

https://www.facebook.com/ktla5/videos/823809787986311/

∞∞∞
Level4
Level4
Posts: 9713
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby ∞∞∞ » Wed May 22, 2019 11:21 am

93henfan wrote:From the land of the high speed pursuit comes another doozy. Good news is the dogs are going to recover, even the one at the end who went through the front of the RV, into a tree, and came out with the heavy limp and bleeding profusely. The one who jumped out earlier is supposedly 100%. **** cunt needs to see significant jail time after the meth wears off.

https://www.facebook.com/ktla5/videos/823809787986311/

Good about the dogs, but any news on the driver in the black car the RV demolished? Hopefully they were uninjured but damn, that was brutal.

edit: seems the woman she hit was ok.

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 31820
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby 89Hen » Wed May 22, 2019 11:34 am

93henfan wrote:**** cunt needs to see significant jail time after the meth wears off.

Illegal, now protected by sanctuary city.
Image

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 16945
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby JohnStOnge » Wed May 22, 2019 3:15 pm

You know I am a "it's just an animal" guy. But I heard something on NPR yesterday that is a bit much. It was this guy talking about tiger farms. People breed tigers in captivity and show them until they are about three years old then butcher them for various purposes. One thing they talked about was pink tiger bone jewelry. To make pink tiger bone jewelry they remove the bones from the tiger while it is alive. They sedate the cat then debone it. That's to make the bone keep the pink color associated with blood flow.

I mean....that is a bit much. Asian culture. It's a bitch.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14851
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby BDKJMU » Thu May 23, 2019 9:33 pm

Jihad Johnny (still espousing Jihad) released after 17 years. :ohno:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1ST09T
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/americ ... -jihad.amp
Will be settling somewhere in Virginia. Hopefully some street justice is carried out on this guy before he tries to kill more Americans.

css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby css75 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:46 pm

Someone will get him, we should start a pool as to when he gets it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14851
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby BDKJMU » Fri May 24, 2019 7:20 am

css75 wrote:Someone will get him, we should start a pool as to when he gets it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would gladly contribute to his/her defense fund..

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14725
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: **** Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:40 am

BDKJMU wrote:
css75 wrote:Someone will get him, we should start a pool as to when he gets it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would gladly contribute to his/her defense fund..
If they don't right they won't need a defense fund

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7772
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun May 26, 2019 1:32 pm

93henfan wrote:From the land of the high speed pursuit comes another doozy. Good news is the dogs are going to recover, even the one at the end who went through the front of the RV, into a tree, and came out with the heavy limp and bleeding profusely. The one who jumped out earlier is supposedly 100%. **** cunt needs to see significant jail time after the meth wears off.

https://www.facebook.com/ktla5/videos/823809787986311/
**** that helicopter guy. Assumed gender.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4472
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby mainejeff » Sun May 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Wow....a bunch of triggered folk on here this week.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 16945
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun May 26, 2019 6:50 pm

Ok this is an old one I just came across but it illustrates the problem with the "Black History" distortions:

https://www.ebony.com/entertainment/queen-nefertiti/

It's Black people getting fired up because an image generated through imaging technology didn't look "Black."

Here's the problem: Queen Nefertiti reigned from 1353 to 1336 BC. The ancient Egyptians of that time were not what we call "Black."

Here's an article on DNA research into the matter:

https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/were- ... s-now-know

Take a look at this ancient bust of Nefertiti:

Image

That's not a "Black" woman.

The ancient Egyptians were no more "Black" than this guy is:

Image
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19839
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby CID1990 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:19 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:Ok this is an old one I just came across but it illustrates the problem with the "Black History" distortions:

https://www.ebony.com/entertainment/queen-nefertiti/

It's Black people getting fired up because an image generated through imaging technology didn't look "Black."

Here's the problem: Queen Nefertiti reigned from 1353 to 1336 BC. The ancient Egyptians of that time were not what we call "Black."

Here's an article on DNA research into the matter:

https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/were- ... s-now-know

Take a look at this ancient bust of Nefertiti:

Image

That's not a "Black" woman.

The ancient Egyptians were no more "Black" than this guy is:

Image


If you really want to see this thing go off the rails, just listen to people arguing that the Ptolemaic pharaohs were Africans


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4667
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby UNI88 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:13 am

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Ok this is an old one I just came across but it illustrates the problem with the "Black History" distortions:

https://www.ebony.com/entertainment/queen-nefertiti/

It's Black people getting fired up because an image generated through imaging technology didn't look "Black."

Here's the problem: Queen Nefertiti reigned from 1353 to 1336 BC. The ancient Egyptians of that time were not what we call "Black."

Here's an article on DNA research into the matter:

https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/were- ... s-now-know

Take a look at this ancient bust of Nefertiti:

Image

That's not a "Black" woman.

The ancient Egyptians were no more "Black" than this guy is:

Image


If you really want to see this thing go off the rails, just listen to people arguing that the Ptolemaic pharaohs were Africans


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a friend who is Namibian (of Dutch and/or German descent). His wife is American. Are his kids African-American?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19839
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby CID1990 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:37 am

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
If you really want to see this thing go off the rails, just listen to people arguing that the Ptolemaic pharaohs were Africans


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a friend who is Namibian (of Dutch and/or German descent). His wife is American. Are his kids African-American?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


They should apply for reparations
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby css75 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:15 am

CID1990 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:I have a friend who is Namibian (of Dutch and/or German descent). His wife is American. Are his kids African-American?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


They should apply for reparations


I always consider myself a Native American. I am of Swiss German descent, But I was born here, which makes me native.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51474
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby 93henfan » Mon May 27, 2019 5:26 pm

Army tweets, "How has serving impacted you?"

Yeah, that was a mistake. :lol:



Just a sampling of the replies:

Never met my grandfather thanks to a long battle with melanoma from Agent Orange in Vietnam but thanks for asking


My dad has had PTSD since his tours in Afghanistan post-9/11. He has not been able to hold a job for more than a month since he retired, and his alcoholism gets worse every year. He can’t get care at the VA. He wakes up screaming every night.


My dad had the choice of going to Vietnam or prison. He went to Vietnam and regrets not choosing prison.

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49785
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Ibanez » Tue May 28, 2019 6:23 am

93henfan wrote:Army tweets, "How has serving impacted you?"

Yeah, that was a mistake. :lol:



Just a sampling of the replies:

Never met my grandfather thanks to a long battle with melanoma from Agent Orange in Vietnam but thanks for asking


My dad has had PTSD since his tours in Afghanistan post-9/11. He has not been able to hold a job for more than a month since he retired, and his alcoholism gets worse every year. He can’t get care at the VA. He wakes up screaming every night.


My dad had the choice of going to Vietnam or prison. He went to Vietnam and regrets not choosing prison.


Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7772
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby SeattleGriz » Tue May 28, 2019 3:33 pm

I went for my first bicycle ride of the year and got stung on the face by a yellow jacket.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7772
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby SeattleGriz » Tue May 28, 2019 3:34 pm

My left shoulder is **** up and I don't know why. Think I slept on it funny.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
Winterborn
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1301
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Winterborn » Wed May 29, 2019 6:53 am

SeattleGriz wrote:My left shoulder is **** up and I don't know why. Think I slept on it funny.



Had a pinched nerve in my neck earlier this year and it eventually started to effect my right arm till I had it put back into place. Might of just kinked your neck while you were sleeping.


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: catbooster and 44 guests