Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
A war over what exactly..?

:lol:
Americans are way too lazy and comfortable for a Civil War. At worst, it'd be a bad spate of domestic terrorism and maybe a couple of nut job militias who get their ass handed to them in a day or two.
No. Apache gun ships are no match for the Bundys and their AR-15s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
css75 wrote:
A new civil war would be a lot different as it would be between cultures in the same area, perhaps multiple factions, and not by geographical region. This would really be ugly.
A war over what exactly..?

We want Healthcare for all, to save our forests and streams, greater income equality, and we're willing to kill over it!

It's a child-like fantasy of the right. Although I must say it is fascinating to see otherwise normal adult friends rub their hands together and mention it.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

kalm wrote:It's a child-like fantasy of the right. Although I must say it is fascinating to see otherwise normal adult friends rub their hands together and mention it.
And I'm sure those adult friends have nice homes, nice cars, and comfy lives too. I can imagine it:

"My child, I'm about to kill your friends' daddies and mommies 'cause they want to tax us 3% more for universal healthcare and environmental regulations. I may die and never see you grow, but remember my sacrifice when you feel accomplished to pay out-of-pocket for the birth of your child and have to go back to work two weeks later. Your boss will be so proud! God bless you, God bless capitalism, and God bless America."

Proceeds to get shot ten seconds into raising a loaded firearm in public.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Liberals are cute.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote:
kalm wrote:It's a child-like fantasy of the right. Although I must say it is fascinating to see otherwise normal adult friends rub their hands together and mention it.
And I'm sure those adult friends have nice homes, nice cars, and comfy lives too. I can imagine it:

"My child, I'm about to kill your friends' daddies and mommies 'cause they want to tax us 3% more for universal healthcare and environmental regulations. I may die and never see you grow, but remember my sacrifice when you feel accomplished to pay out-of-pocket for the birth of your child and have to go back to work two weeks later. Your boss will be so proud! God bless you, God bless capitalism, and God bless America."

"And don't forget when I'm gone to cut taxes again...so we can pay for the war."
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Ibanez wrote:
css75 wrote:

There is no such thing as a threesome according to Ibanez, it is a throughple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you read my posts you know that’s wrong. You’re too stupid to comprehend the difference. That’s you’re problem.

I knew what you meant, no sense of humor.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: If you read my posts you know that’s wrong. You’re too stupid to comprehend the difference. That’s you’re problem.

Protip:

Posting your replies below the Tapatalk line helps with reading them.

:thumb:

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
css75 wrote:
Protip:

Shuddup

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:Eat a dick
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
css75 wrote:
Protip:

Using emojis to show sarcasm or humor can help keep you from coming across as a dick.

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: If you read my posts you know that’s wrong. You’re too stupid to comprehend the difference. That’s you’re problem.

You have no detectable sense of humor.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:Maybe be I want to come off as a dick sometimes... :bow: :-P :licker: :flash: :whistle: :kissass:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:Maybe be I want to come off as a dick sometimes... :bow: :-P :licker: :flash: :whistle: :kissass:

Sometimes?
CSS might need a little help in conveying humor. He's gotten sideways with 93 and Ibanez.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:

Jesus. Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber.

Here you are. :suspicious: :suspicious:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote:

Yeah, 52 trillion over 10 years. That's only going to be 3% more :dunce: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Ibanez wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Americans are way too lazy and comfortable for a Civil War. At worst, it'd be a bad spate of domestic terrorism and maybe a couple of nut job militias who get their ass handed to them in a day or two.
No. Apache gun ships are no match for the Bundys and their AR-15s.

How many police departments (Local, state or federal) operate Apache gun ships???
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Ibanez wrote:
css75 wrote:

You have no detectable sense of humor.
You would be very wrong.

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

UNI88 wrote:

Sometimes?
CSS might need a little help in conveying humor. He's gotten sideways with 93 and Ibanez.
But at least Ibanez can move on, say nothing negative about Philly to 93.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: No. Apache gun ships are no match for the Bundys and their AR-15s.

How many police departments (Local, state or federal) operate Apache gun ships???
I was referring to the people vs the US govt. they have Apaches. And more.

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

Ibanez wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:

So, the military....

Have you heard of the Posse Comitatus Act???

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I was referring to the people vs the US govt. they have Apaches. And more.

So, the military....

Yes - it specifically says the Army and Air Force can’t be used to enforce Domestic Policy. However there are circumstances in the Act which allow the Army to be used. So if Congress authorizes the Army to quell a violent rebellion then it would be exempt from that Act because of the Insurrection Act(which is one of the exclusions.)

And if you think the government won’t respond if a paramilitary force of Bubbas start a war or engaging in treason then you’re either naive about what our govt would do to remain in power or you don’t want to accept it.

I suspect it would get suspended for the good of the republic. It’s been suspended before, IIRC.

Didn’t we all see the West Wing episode where they discussed this? :)
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

Ibanez wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
So, the military....

Yes - it specifically says the Army and Air Force can’t be used to enforce Domestic Policy. However there are circumstances in the Act which allow the Army to be used. So if Congress authorizes the Army to quell a violent rebellion then it would be exempt from that Act because of the Insurrection Act(which is one of the exclusions.)

And if you think the government won’t respond if a paramilitary force of Bubbas start a war or engaging in treason then you’re either naive about what our govt would do to remain in power or you don’t want to accept it.

I suspect it would get suspended for the good of the republic. It’s been suspended before, IIRC.

If you are using a West Wing episode for your information, you are wrong...only the President can exercise the exemption...
KEY EXCEPTIONS TO THE POSSE COMITATUS ACT

A summary of key exceptions to the Posse Comitatus Act follows:

* National Guard forces operating under the state authority of Title 32 (i.e., under state rather than federal service) are exempt from Posse Comitatus Act restrictions.

* Pursuant to the presidential power to quell domestic violence federal troops are expressly exempt from the prohibitions of Posse Comitatus Act, and this exemption applies equally to active-duty military and federalized National Guard troops.

* Aerial photographic and visual search and surveillance by military personnel were found not to violate the Posse Comitatus Act.

* Congress created a “drug exception” to the Posse Comitatus Act. Under recent legislation, the Congress authorized the Secretary of Defense to make available any military equipment and personnel necessary for operation of said equipment for law enforcement purposes. Thus, the Army can provide equipment,training, and expert military advice to civilian law enforcement agencies as part of the total effort in the “war on drugs.”

*. Use of a member of the Judge Advocate Corps as a special assistant prosecutor, while retaining his dual role in participating in the investigation, presentation to the grand jury, and prosecution, did not violate Posse Comitatus Act.

*. The Coast Guard is exempt from Posse Comitatus Act during peacetime.

*. Although brought under the Act through DoD regulation, described above, the Navy may assist the Coast Guard in pursuit, search, and seizure of vessels suspected of involvement in drug trafficking
And here is footnote # 4

10 U.S. Code Sections 331 through 334 provide guidance. Section 332 states: “When-
ever the President considers the unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages,
or rebellion against the United States, makes it impracticable to enforce the laws of the
United States in any state or territory by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings,
he may call into federal service such of the militia of any state, and use such of the
armed forces to suppress the rebellion” (Lujan, 1997)
https://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/p ... 1.AppD.pdf

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Col Hogan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Yes - it specifically says the Army and Air Force can’t be used to enforce Domestic Policy. However there are circumstances in the Act which allow the Army to be used. So if Congress authorizes the Army to quell a violent rebellion then it would be exempt from that Act because of the Insurrection Act(which is one of the exclusions.)

If you are using a West Wing episode for your information, you are wrong...only the President can exercise the exemption...

* National Guard forces operating under the state authority of Title 32 (i.e., under state rather than federal service) are exempt from Posse Comitatus Act restrictions.

* Pursuant to the presidential power to quell domestic violence federal troops are expressly exempt from the prohibitions of Posse Comitatus Act, and this exemption applies equally to active-duty military and federalized National Guard troops.

* Aerial photographic and visual search and surveillance by military personnel were found not to violate the Posse Comitatus Act.

* Congress created a “drug exception” to the Posse Comitatus Act. Under recent legislation, the Congress authorized the Secretary of Defense to make available any military equipment and personnel necessary for operation of said equipment for law enforcement purposes. Thus, the Army can provide equipment,training, and expert military advice to civilian law enforcement agencies as part of the total effort in the “war on drugs.”

*. Use of a member of the Judge Advocate Corps as a special assistant prosecutor, while retaining his dual role in participating in the investigation, presentation to the grand jury, and prosecution, did not violate Posse Comitatus Act.

*. Although brought under the Act through DoD regulation, described above, the Navy may assist the Coast Guard in pursuit, search, and seizure of vessels suspected of involvement in drug trafficking
And here is footnote # 4

10 U.S. Code Sections 331 through 334 provide guidance. Section 332 states: “When-
ever the President considers the unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages,
or rebellion against the United States, makes it impracticable to enforce the laws of the
United States in any state or territory by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings,
he may call into federal service such of the militia of any state, and use such of the
Again...why are we even having this exercise? What’s gonna trigger a civil war? All those heavily armed leftists with their stockpiles of weaponry lashing out at not being granted Medicare for all? That almost common now lefty domestic terrorism?

Trump being removed from office by a Republican held Senate? A disputed election where Trump still holds the reigns of power for at least 2 months and can waive posse comitatas to stay in power?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:

You’re forgetting one key fact. Most of the guys flying the Apaches are going to be on the side of the Bubbas with their ARs, not the leftists..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Yes - it specifically says the Army and Air Force can’t be used to enforce Domestic Policy. However there are circumstances in the Act which allow the Army to be used. So if Congress authorizes the Army to quell a violent rebellion then it would be exempt from that Act because of the Insurrection Act(which is one of the exclusions.)

And here is footnote # 4

:roll:
Relax Francis, the West Wing comment was a joke. :ohno:

Besides, you shouldn't say i'm wrong when I'm correct. Like I said, there are exemptions.
The United States Congress has enacted a number of exceptions to these general prohibitions that allow the military, in certain situations, to assist civilian law enforcement agencies in enforcing the laws of the U.S. The most common examples are the support activities authorized under Chapter 15 of Title 10 (10 USC Sections 271-284), such as the provision of information collected during military operations, the use of military equipment and facilities, and the maintenance and operation of equipment. Other examples include: Counterdrug and counter-transnational organized crime assistance (10 USC Section 284). This statute authorizes the Department of Defense to provide certain expanded, non-reimbursable support to the counterdrug or counter-transnational organized crime activities of law enforcement agencies.

The Insurrection Act, Chapter 13 of Title 10 (10 USC Sections 251-255). This act allows the President to use U.S. military personnel at the request of a state legislature or governor to suppress insurrections. It also allows the president to use federal troops to enforce federal laws when rebellion against the authority of the U.S. makes it impracticable to enforce the laws of the U.S. by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings.

Assistance in the case of crimes involving nuclear materials (18 USC Section 831). This statute permits Department of Defense personnel to assist the Justice Department in enforcing prohibitions regarding nuclear materials, when the Attorney General and the Secretary of Defense jointly determine that an “emergency situation” exists that poses a serious threat to U.S. interests and is beyond the capability of civilian law enforcement agencies.

Emergency situations involving weapons of mass destruction (10 USC Section 282). When the Attorney General and the Secretary of Defense jointly determine that an “emergency situation” exists that poses a serious threat to U.S. interests and is beyond the capability of civilian law enforcement agencies, Department of Defense personnel may assist the Justice Department in enforcing prohibitions regarding weapons of mass destruction.
https://www.northcom.mil/Newsroom/Fact- ... tatus-act/

And you also shouldn't say only POTUS can exercise an exemption and then cite Congresses creation of an exemption.