HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:28 pm On the threat to Democracy thing:

Right now. the Republican Party is clearly the bigger threat to Democracy. Or I should say they are the bigger threat to government by the People.
We get it. You don't like Trump. You don't have to keep saying this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:35 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:28 pm On the threat to Democracy thing:

Right now. the Republican Party is clearly the bigger threat to Democracy. Or I should say they are the bigger threat to government by the People.
We get it. You don't like Trump. You don't have to keep saying this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
You're right. I don't like Trump. But it is more than that. We have a serious problem in that we have a significant proportion of the population that would vote for somebody like that. We also have a major political Party that, Trump or no Trump, recognizes that it is in trouble due to demographic trends and is responding by doing things like trying to repress voting by groups that tend to vote for the other Party and setting it up so that partisan bodies can manipulate the election results.

The Republican Party, and the fact that we have a lot of people willing so support a Party like that, is a big problem for this country right now. If you want a free society governed through the Will of the People, you don't want the Republican Party having power. Not if you have any sense.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:35 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:35 pm

You're right. I don't like Trump. But it is more than that. We have a serious problem in that we have a significant proportion of the population that would vote for somebody like that. We also have a major political Party that, Trump or no Trump, recognizes that it is in trouble due to demographic trends and is responding by doing things like trying to repress voting by groups that tend to vote for the other Party and setting it up so that partisan bodies can manipulate the election results.

The Republican Party, and the fact that we have a lot of people willing so support a Party like that, is a big problem for this country right now. If you want a free society governed through the Will of the People, you don't want the Republican Party having power. Not if you have any sense.
^^^^. He’s right. Zero policy at the national level, only culture war/cancel culture.

Then there’s the D’s, politically incompetent to not avoid stepping on their own dicks.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:35 pm You're right. I don't like Trump. But it is more than that. We have a serious problem in that we have a significant proportion of the population that would vote for somebody like that. We also have a major political Party that, Trump or no Trump, recognizes that it is in trouble due to demographic trends and is responding by doing things like trying to repress voting by groups that tend to vote for the other Party and setting it up so that partisan bodies can manipulate the election results.

^^^^. He’s right. Zero policy at the national level, only culture war/cancel culture.

Then there’s the D’s, politically incompetent to not avoid stepping on their own dicks.
By being “politically incompetent” you must mean something. What to you have the Dems done to be “politically incompetent”?

It must be their failure to maneuver around Republicans, and surely not their policies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:35 pm You're right. I don't like Trump. But it is more than that. We have a serious problem in that we have a significant proportion of the population that would vote for somebody like that....
Yeah, voters are crazy.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

89Hen wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:16 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:35 pm You're right. I don't like Trump. But it is more than that. We have a serious problem in that we have a significant proportion of the population that would vote for somebody like that....
Yeah, voters are crazy.

Voters voting for any of those depicted is not NEARLY as bad as voters voting for somebody like Trump. Not even in the same ballpark. Well, maybe waters is remotely in the same ballpark. But not nearly as bad.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Yeah, voters are crazy.

BTW: None of those people would have a chance to win a Presidential election. Pelosi is far more competent than Trump is. Far more qualified for the position. Far more rational and far greater emotional stability. We'd be way better off with her as President than we were with Trump being President or would be with Trump being President in the future. But it would never happen anyway because we don't have anywhere near a large enough proportion of the population nationally that would vote for her. The others? Same story on the electability at the Presidential level.

The problem we have is that we DO have a sufficient proportion that would elect somebody like Trump; who is way worse than any of those depicted.
Could I ever be a star?

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Tech billionaire allegedly kept spreadsheet of 5,000 women he had sex with

Whitefish, Mont., is known for fly fishing and hiking trails studded with yellow Aspen trees. But after Silicon Valley billionaire Michael Goguen took up residence in the Rocky Mountain town several years ago, he transformed it into his private fiefdom: a dark banana republic where he allegedly controls local law enforcement — and a “harem” of young women.

The bombshell allegations, which also include claims of Goguen ordering his security chief to kill detractors, are contained in a lengthy civil complaint recently filed in United States District Court for the District of Montana.

According to the court papers, Goguen, 57, employs hundreds of residents in companies he controls, and owns a series of luxury “safe houses” where he takes dozens of young women for sex. He has a spreadsheet documenting his sexual encounters with 5,000 women, and even outfitted a local bar he owns with a basement “boom boom” room, which features a stripper pole. The underground enclave is allegedly used “to maintain women for the purpose of committing illicit sexual activity.”

https://nypost.com/2021/11/20/billionai ... -partners/

Ok Montanans, what's the real scoop?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:22 pm Tech billionaire allegedly kept spreadsheet of 5,000 women he had sex with

Whitefish, Mont., is known for fly fishing and hiking trails studded with yellow Aspen trees. But after Silicon Valley billionaire Michael Goguen took up residence in the Rocky Mountain town several years ago, he transformed it into his private fiefdom: a dark banana republic where he allegedly controls local law enforcement — and a “harem” of young women.

The bombshell allegations, which also include claims of Goguen ordering his security chief to kill detractors, are contained in a lengthy civil complaint recently filed in United States District Court for the District of Montana.

According to the court papers, Goguen, 57, employs hundreds of residents in companies he controls, and owns a series of luxury “safe houses” where he takes dozens of young women for sex. He has a spreadsheet documenting his sexual encounters with 5,000 women, and even outfitted a local bar he owns with a basement “boom boom” room, which features a stripper pole. The underground enclave is allegedly used “to maintain women for the purpose of committing illicit sexual activity.”

Women were jealous of the sheep? ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I’m going to Whitefish this summer. Anybody got this guy’s phone number?

LAWL

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:22 pm Tech billionaire allegedly kept spreadsheet of 5,000 women he had sex with

:shock: :shock: :shock: Who keeps a spreadsheet of women they've had sex with?! I can only think of two types of people - Germans and JSO.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:38 pm Voters voting for any of those depicted is not NEARLY as bad as voters voting for somebody like Trump. Not even in the same ballpark. Well, maybe waters is remotely in the same ballpark. But not nearly as bad.
Yes, they are.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:24 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: Who keeps a spreadsheet of women they've had sex with?! I can only think of two types of people - Germans and JSO.
How else would you keep track of them?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:47 pm
Yeah, voters are crazy.

BTW: None of those people would have a chance to win a Presidential election. Pelosi is far more competent than Trump is. Far more qualified for the position. Far more rational and far greater emotional stability. We'd be way better off with her as President than we were with Trump being President or would be with Trump being President in the future. But it would never happen anyway because we don't have anywhere near a large enough proportion of the population nationally that would vote for her. The others? Same story on the electability at the Presidential level.

The problem we have is that we DO have a sufficient proportion that would elect somebody like Trump; who is way worse than any of those depicted.
I gotta give you credit. When you drink the koolaid, you really drink the fucking koolaid.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:19 am
How else would you keep track of them?
I find my 10 fingers and 10 toes to be sufficient.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:lol:
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Believing that even a broken clock is right twice a day, the New York Times opinion folks put out a video that could get them fired…it is real informative…

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I wonder how long it will take the left to move the Overton Window on this particular issue?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... 0&ito=1490

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:06 pm I wonder how long it will take the left to move the Overton Window on this particular issue?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... 0&ito=1490

And what is this “them” and “their” pronoun shyt? :ohno:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Political dysfunctionality all over the world.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:47 pm Political dysfunctionality all over the world.

I thought Trip told us parliamentary gubmints are the way to go and can avoid gubmint dysfunction.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Look like a Ruger PC9 with a free floating barrell..Droppped on only 1 shot..
https://www.foxnews.com/us/caught-on-ca ... t-to-death
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:04 pm Look like a Ruger PC9 with a free floating barrell..Droppped on only 1 shot..
Looks like murder to me. Stand your ground going to be harder to prove in this one.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:10 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:04 pm Look like a Ruger PC9 with a free floating barrell..Droppped on only 1 shot..
Looks like murder to me. Stand your ground going to be harder to prove in this one.
Clearly a racist.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:10 pm
I thought I read Castle Doctrine in this one.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz