Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:22 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:13 pm
I believe they're MAGAts.
Hmm. Curiouser and more curiouser. Seems no one can find the gal that posted the original tweet tagging all the journalists.

Did it not happen? Were the pictures and videos doctored?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:38 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:22 pm

Hmm. Curiouser and more curiouser. Seems no one can find the gal that posted the original tweet tagging all the journalists.

No, it happened but everything seems to be a set up. The gals face is supposedly a AI blend if multiple faces, she doesn't exist as a person and that was her second tweet.

Regardless, there are real groups on right that fit the bill.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:54 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:38 pm
No, it happened but everything seems to be a set up. The gals face is supposedly a AI blend if multiple faces, she doesn't exist as a person and that was her second tweet.

Let's not help the bozos who will try to deflect from the story about the racist thugs marching through the capital by focusing attention on the identity of the person who broke it?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

:lol:

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Are you kidding me???

"an out of control SUV...."

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:58 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:54 pm

Let's not help the bozos who will try to deflect from the story about the racist thugs marching through the capital by focusing attention on the identity of the person who broke it?
You mean the fake made up person that broke the story? Plus, how many "patriots" have you seen that wear khakis, don't have big guts and are clean cut? They looked like a GAP commercial.

False flag operation.

Now if you want to talk whatever the Boogaloo boys or 2% ers, I'll agree they exist and fit your description.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:52 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:58 pm
You mean the fake made up person that broke the story? Plus, how many "patriots" have you seen that wear khakis, don't have big guts and are clean cut? They looked like a GAP commercial.

False flag operation.

Now if you want to talk whatever the Boogaloo boys or 2% ers, I'll agree they exist and fit your description.
So you're saying the dudes in khakis are plants and not really MAGAts? Do you have proof other than questioning the identity of the person who broke the story? Or are you falling in with MTG in stating “No Patriot group I’ve ever seen wears khakis, Stormtrooper knee pads, and covers their faces like they’re scared. Just more movie characters.”
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:46 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:52 pm

False flag operation.

So you're saying the dudes in khakis are plants and not really MAGAts? Do you have proof other than questioning the identity of the person who broke the story? Or are you falling in with MTG in stating “No Patriot group I’ve ever seen wears khakis, Stormtrooper knee pads, and covers their faces like they’re scared. Just more movie characters.”
Yep. Fake.

I don't doubt we have plenty of nut jobs on the right, but I'm not buying that group wasn't anything other than theater.

They remind me of the guys who had the tiki torches a couple years ago. They start smashing shit like Antifa, then we can include them in the same discussion, but marching around in khakis and flags leaves me underwhelmed.

If even remotely dangerous, they are infiltrated worse than Gretchen Whitmers kidnapping team. I thought for sure I was going to see Ray Epps out there with them.

I agree with Joe

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:43 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:46 pm

Yep. Fake.

I don't doubt we have plenty of nut jobs on the right, but I'm not buying that group wasn't anything other than theater.

They remind me of the guys who had the tiki torches a couple years ago. They start smashing shit like Antifa, then we can include them in the same discussion, but marching around in khakis and flags leaves me underwhelmed.

If even remotely dangerous, they are infiltrated worse than Gretchen Whitmers kidnapping team. I thought for sure I was going to see Ray Epps out there with them.

I agree with Joe

So no proof other than Rogan's opinion. You can't duck everything. The nutjobs on the right are just as fvcking crazy and unpatriotic as the nutjobs on the left. Pretending they don't really exist and are left-wing/government frame jobs doesn't make them go away.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:49 pm

Yep. Fake.

I agree with Joe

So no proof other than Rogan's opinion. You can't duck everything. The nutjobs on the right are just as fvcking crazy and unpatriotic as the nutjobs on the left. Pretending they don't really exist and are left-wing/government frame jobs doesn't make them go away.
Um. Did you not see where I said there are plenty on the right deserving of scorn? I simply feel this group is a little to "fed-ish" looking to be taken seriously.

Can you give me a link, or any proof, they have done anything more than put on their cleetsesque pressed khakis and marched like a bunch of douchebags, or held a few Ace and Gary retreats?They for sure must have some instance in which they busted someone up who wasn't white. Broke some windows? Set a cross on fire in a minority's yard?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:34 pm

Um. Did you not see where I said there are plenty on the right deserving of scorn? I simply feel this group is a little to "fed-ish" looking to be taken seriously.

Can you give me a link, or any proof, they have done anything more than put on their cleetsesque pressed khakis and marched like a bunch of douchebags, or held a few Ace and Gary retreats?They for sure must have some instance in which they busted someone up who wasn't white. Broke some windows? Set a cross on fire in a minority's yard?
When you Joe Rogan and MTG are your sources. Might as well use snopes to counter… :lol:
However, several figures from the American right sought to undermine the authenticity of the rally, claiming variously that it was conducted by federal law enforcement agents in disguise, and/or left-wing agents provocateurs, or actors. For example, U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., described the men shown in one video as “movie characters”:

“No Patriot group I’ve ever seen wears khakis, Stormtrooper knee pads, and covers their faces like they’re scared. Just more movie characters.”

For his part, right-wing commentator Dinesh D’Souza speculated that the event was “fake,” and conducted by “FBI agents,” and asked “Where are the media interviews so we can see and hear directly from this group?”

On Telegram, far-right conspiracy theorist Jacob Wohl claimed “these are feds,” on the basis that the men shown in videos appeared to be unusually slim, :rofl: and Arizona state Sen. Wendy Rogers, a prominent supporter of disproven election fraud conspiracy theories, described Patriot Front as a “fake group” composed of “feds.”

On Gateway Pundit, right-wing conspiracy theorist Jim Hoft described the event as “feds on parade,” while on the right-wing website 100 Percent Fed Up, Patty McMurray falsely described Patriot Front as “a group no one has ever heard of.”

While McMurray and others may not have been aware of Patriot Front’s existence before December 2021, it is indeed a real, earnestly-motivated white nationalist group with a real, readily verifiable history. Its leader, a 23-year-old Texan named Thomas Ryan Rousseau, is a known far-right and fascist activist in the United States, and he was clearly visible and identifiable at the Dec. 4 National Mall rally.

Claims that the event was faked or staged, by federal agents or actors, are entirely lacking in evidence, and are contradicted by the best available evidence. As a result, we are issuing a rating of “False.”
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/patri ... y-dc-fake/
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

According to a Wall Street Journal poll, the Dems are underwater with Team Brown…

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Col Hogan wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:14 am According to a Wall Street Journal poll, the Dems are underwater with Team Brown…
As they should be. :nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Yep. Fake.

I agree with Joe

Saying THESE idiots are fake <> saying “nut jobs on the right don’t exist”.

You’re usually better than that, 88.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Google, search "soft bigotry of lowered expectations".

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:13 am Google, search "soft bigotry of lowered expectations".

‘You’re just bad at taking tests? You mean that part where we find out how much you’ve learned?’.

- Tosh
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:38 am

Right-wing nutjobs exist and there are plenty of them otherwise we wouldn't have people like MTG, Bobert, Gaetz, Gosar, etc. in Congress. Do I think there are trolls to make the right look bad, both by Feds and left-wingers? Yes, but there are also people out there who buy the MAGAt bullshit and are ready and willing to be trolled and taken advantage of. Just because it was Feds trying to stir up the Whitmer kidnapping doesn't mean we shouldn't be concerned about the right-wing nutjobs. Next time it might be a Clive/Ammon Bundy or Randall Weaaver type who rallies them. We need to shine the light on these pseudo-patriots on the right and step on them like cockroaches and we need to do the same to the anarchists on the left.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Pwns wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:13 am Google, search "soft bigotry of lowered expectations".

You didn’t get the memo that math, reading & writing is racist?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:12 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:38 am

Right-wing nutjobs exist and there are plenty of them otherwise we wouldn't have people like MTG, Bobert, Gaetz, Gosar, etc. in Congress. Do I think there are trolls to make the right look bad, both by Feds and left-wingers? Yes, but there are also people out there who buy the MAGAt bullshit and are ready and willing to be trolled and taken advantage of. Just because it was Feds trying to stir up the Whitmer kidnapping doesn't mean we shouldn't be concerned about the right-wing nutjobs. Next time it might be a Clive/Ammon Bundy or Randall Weaaver type who rallies them. We need to shine the light on these pseudo-patriots on the right and step on them like cockroaches and we need to do the same to the anarchists on the left.
You’re arguing a point no one is denying.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:07 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:12 am
Then why does it seem like "fake news" is the conservative response to reports of right-wing nutjobs?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:

You didn’t get the memo that math, reading & writing is racist?
No longer the 3 Rs!

Now there are 4

Readin, Ritim, Rithmatick, and Rayyyyycism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:32 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:07 pm

Then why does it seem like "fake news" is the conservative response to reports of right-wing nutjobs?
Only when it appears to BE fake news….there’s plenty of ACTUAL RWNJ’s…no need to make up fake ones.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:05 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:32 pm

Only when it appears to BE fake news….there’s plenty of ACTUAL RWNJ’s…no need to make up fake ones.
Plus, I'm not seeing a weekly trashing of businesses, stoppage of traffic and lighting shit on fire from Patriot Front.