Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:25 am

C'mon....she really thought she'd get away with that?! :lol:
Iowawegians. :ohno:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Arrest warrants now allowed as ID….BRILLIANT!!!
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Col Hogan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:51 am Arrest warrants now allowed as ID….BRILLIANT!!!
I’ll actually defend Biden on that one, seeing as how David Pekoske, TSA Administrator, is a Trump holdover, and the practice pre-dates the Biden admin (not sure when it started).

There- no one can say I always blamed Biden..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:57 am This story is getting stranger and stranger

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/cri ... 76348.html
Hampton lawyer Alex Murdaugh plans to turn himself in to law enforcement on Thursday after police obtained an arrest warrant to charge him with conspiracy to commit insurance fraud, his lawyer said.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/cri ... 70083.html
Gloria Satterfield, 57, of Hampton County was a maid and nanny in the Murdaugh household for about 20 years until she died in a local hospital after falling in the Murdaughs’ home and sustaining an injury. Her obituary says she loved Alex and Maggie Murdaugh as family.

“On the death certificate the manner of death was ruled ‘Natural,’ which is inconsistent with injuries sustained in a trip and fall incident,” the coroner wrote. “In light of the inconsistencies noted above, I feel that it is prudent to pursue an investigation into Gloria Satterfield’s death.”

Satterfield’s sons’ lawsuit against Alex Murdaugh asks for a half-million dollars to settle a wrongful death claim in their mother’s death.

The lawsuit claims Murdaugh took responsibility for Satterfield’s death and told them he would “sue himself” to provide the family with financial compensation, according to the lawsuit. Murdaugh also provided them an attorney with close personal ties to his family.
A South Carolina grand jury has returned four new indictments against suspended attorney Alex Murdaugh, charging him with 23 more crimes, the state attorney general said Friday.

The charges include 19 counts of breach of trust with fraudulent intent and four counts of computer crimes.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/21/us/alex- ... index.html

No wonder this guy wanted to die....
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

He’s a walking shit show, for sure.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Since I don’t believe we have a triggered liberals thread, will put this here. Rep. Cawthorn is seen cleaning one of his guns, while presumably at home, during a zoom/web ex hearing, and the blue check brigade loses their shit..In their eyes, would have been better if he had just pulled a Toobin, and whipped his cock out..
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/libera ... rs-hearing
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Looks like Judicial Watch is now the ACLU, since they are taking cases that the ACLU used to take, but no longer will.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/jw-victor ... cism/#anc1

These extremists need a continual reminder that government cannot discriminate on the basis of race, gender, etc.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Just like an SUV plowed through a crowd of people.. :dunce:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:45 pm Since I don’t believe we have a triggered liberals thread, will put this here. Rep. Cawthorn is seen cleaning one of his guns, while presumably at home, during a zoom/web ex hearing, and the blue check brigade loses their shit..In their eyes, would have been better if he had just pulled a Toobin, and whipped his cock out..
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/libera ... rs-hearing
To me this is an obvious stunt. Why else would you clean a weapon on camera during a hearing?
Spoiler: show

Cawthorn comes off as just another immature politician (like 99.999999% of Congress) who faces opposition in his district by former supporters. Our cabin is in his district so we follow the politics of WNC very carefully. The only thing he has going for him is his smoke show of an ex-wife. He's really like Trump 2.0 - hot wife, bombastic...except Trump's companies actually make money and he didn't drop out of college. :mrgreen:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Interesting case here of workers rights to leave their current job for a better one. Obviously, the patient care component is part of it.
What to know about the battle over Fox Valley health care workers now playing out in court

APPLETON - It was unclear whether a group of former ThedaCare employees would be allowed to start their new jobs at Ascension Northeast Wisconsin Monday after lawyers for both health systems made their first appearance in court Friday morning.

The uncertainty is the latest development in a battle over health care employees that began late Thursday and is now playing out in court. It comes as staff shortages strain health systems nationwide — nearly one in five health care workers have quit their jobs since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.

ThedaCare requested Thursday that an Outagamie County judge temporarily block seven of its employees who had applied for and accepted jobs at Ascension from beginning work there on Monday until the health system could find replacements for them.

The employees were part of an 11-member interventional radiology and cardiovascular team, which can perform procedures to stop bleeding in targeted areas during a traumatic injury or restore blood flow to the brain in the case of a stroke. Each of them were employed at-will, meaning they were not under an obligation to stay at ThedaCare for a certain amount of time.

Outagamie County Circuit Court Judge Mark McGinnis granted ThedaCare's request and held an initial hearing Friday morning. The case will get a longer hearing at 10 a.m. Monday.
https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news ... 607417001/
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:22 am Interesting case here of workers rights to leave their current job for a better one. Obviously, the patient care component is part of it.
What to know about the battle over Fox Valley health care workers now playing out in court

APPLETON - It was unclear whether a group of former ThedaCare employees would be allowed to start their new jobs at Ascension Northeast Wisconsin Monday after lawyers for both health systems made their first appearance in court Friday morning.

The uncertainty is the latest development in a battle over health care employees that began late Thursday and is now playing out in court. It comes as staff shortages strain health systems nationwide — nearly one in five health care workers have quit their jobs since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.

ThedaCare requested Thursday that an Outagamie County judge temporarily block seven of its employees who had applied for and accepted jobs at Ascension from beginning work there on Monday until the health system could find replacements for them.

The employees were part of an 11-member interventional radiology and cardiovascular team, which can perform procedures to stop bleeding in targeted areas during a traumatic injury or restore blood flow to the brain in the case of a stroke. Each of them were employed at-will, meaning they were not under an obligation to stay at ThedaCare for a certain amount of time.

Outagamie County Circuit Court Judge Mark McGinnis granted ThedaCare's request and held an initial hearing Friday morning. The case will get a longer hearing at 10 a.m. Monday.
Maybe Thedacare should treat its employees better. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

https://pjmedia.com/culture/megan-fox/2 ... n-n1552303

The klam wing of the Dem party is why we can't have nice things. But as soon as we put them back in the corner we can!
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:22 am Interesting case here of workers rights to leave their current job for a better one. Obviously, the patient care component is part of it.

How could a judge prevent these people from switching jobs when there are no contracts and it is at will employment?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:54 pm https://pjmedia.com/culture/megan-fox/2 ... n-n1552303

The klam wing of the Dem party is why we can't have nice things. But as soon as we put them back in the corner we can!
There is no Klam wing of the Democratic Party… :ohno:

Your attempts to define notwithstanding… :ohno: :ohno:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:13 pm
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:54 pm https://pjmedia.com/culture/megan-fox/2 ... n-n1552303

You get triggered by attacks on it, and spill more ink defending it that anyone here. One can only conclude that the wokeist wing of the Party is where you reside.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:51 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:13 pm

You get triggered by attacks on it, and spill more ink defending it that anyone here. One can only conclude that the wokeist wing of the Party is where you reside.
Well it depends on which “it’s” you’re talking about. I’m mostly just trying to save borderline conks from taking full flight. See the CRT thread.

It’s because I care.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:55 pm

Well it depends on which “it’s” you’re talking about. I’m mostly just trying to save borderline conks from taking full flight. See the CRT thread.

It’s because I care.
Newsflash: There are things that we SHOULD be taking “full flight” on….CRT being one of them. :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:55 pm

It’s because I care.
That's heroic of you!

Just think what you could have accomplished if you'd tried to save Donks from taking full flight on things like Trump is a fascist.
Wait, you were one of those donks that took full flight. And now here you are telling us that we're going off the deep end. :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:00 pm

How could a judge prevent these people from switching jobs when there are no contracts and it is at will employment?
Judge lifts the injunction.
OUTAGAMIE COUNTY, Wis. (WBAY) - An Outagamie County judge has lifted an injunction, freeing seven members of ThedaCare’s accredited stroke care team to take jobs with Ascension Wisconsin.

Judge Mark McGinnis said, “Based up on the testimony, the exhibits that have come in that ThedaCare has not satisfied its burden that it will likely suffer irreputable harm without an injunction.”
Sounds like ThedaCare was just a bad employer. :coffee:
They told the judge changing jobs was not just about money but a better quality of life, not being on-call as often working at St. Elizabeth, and feeling appreciated for their work.

“It was in my opinion life changing money for my family in offering a work-life balance that created more time with my children and husband,” said Kailey Young, a former ThedaCare employee.

Young, a former ThedaCare employee, said, ”It’s hard to even collect my thoughts in this moment because this is where, it’s flooding me with emotion, rather than being able to think straight. So, the respect that we have not received until this day, hearing how magical what we do is, but nobody cared about that when we went and asked for a counteroffer to stay. It’s just a lot.”

“We were cordial, and we were trying to work with them and help provide coverage, but when this lawsuit came through that they would rather have us be unemployed and jobless than work for a competitor my willingness to help them out died,” former ThedaCare employee Michael Preissner said.

https://www.wbay.com/2022/01/24/employe ... ascension/

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I have a sneaking suspicion that Kalm is a "debater" type personality according to Myers Briggs. I'm that type.
One common myth about ENTPs is that they love to argue simply for the sake of arguing. While people with this personality type are often willing to play the devil's advocate at times, they enjoy debates as a way of exploring a topic, learning what other people believe, and helping others see the other side of the story.
https://www.verywellmind.com/the-entp-p ... cs-2795982
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:14 am I have a sneaking suspicion that Kalm is a "debater" type personality according to Myers Briggs. I'm that type.
One common myth about ENTPs is that they love to argue simply for the sake of arguing. While people with this personality type are often willing to play the devil's advocate at times, they enjoy debates as a way of exploring a topic, learning what other people believe, and helping others see the other side of the story.
That point could be debated. :coffee:

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

We basically have an open door policy for immigration.
A Fox News reporter showed some exclusive footage of something you won’t see on other networks. The video shows a mass release of single adult migrants in Brownsville. They arrived on buses contracted by the federal government and taken inside a small, unmarked office in a parking lot, according to reporter Bill Melugin. There was a makeshift black tarp with a sign that read “Border Patrol drop-off”. No cameras are allowed inside that building.

Melugin has been reporting on the Biden border crisis from its beginning. He and a few other FNC reporters are the only voices letting Americans know what is happening on the southern border. The rest of the networks are happy to provide cover for the Biden administration’s utter failure to keep the border secure. They simply don’t report on it unless it becomes so overwhelmingly in-your-face like when the huge wave of Haitian migrants crossed over into Del Rio. Even with that story, though, the media was only interested in manufacturing a story of abuse to the illegal migrants at the hands of the agents on horse patrol.

Single adult migrants are supposed to be immediately expelled via Title 42. The Biden administration claims that is what is happening at the border, much to the dismay of progressives and other open border advocates. However, though the Biden administration is keeping Title 42 in force, it does not include families or unaccompanied children for expulsion. There were no children or families in this group. These adults, mostly males, stepped off buses and out of vans in Brownsville. They left the office and got into taxis. Melugin and his cameraman followed the illegal migrants. They went to Harlingen airport. From there the migrant adults planned to board flights to Atlanta, Houston, and Miami. Some of the migrants said that they had just arrived in Texas that morning, after paying $2,000 to a cartel.
https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2022/ ... le-n443976

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Winterborn wrote:We basically have an open door policy for immigration.
A Fox News reporter showed some exclusive footage of something you won’t see on other networks. The video shows a mass release of single adult migrants in Brownsville. They arrived on buses contracted by the federal government and taken inside a small, unmarked office in a parking lot, according to reporter Bill Melugin. There was a makeshift black tarp with a sign that read “Border Patrol drop-off”. No cameras are allowed inside that building.

Melugin has been reporting on the Biden border crisis from its beginning. He and a few other FNC reporters are the only voices letting Americans know what is happening on the southern border. The rest of the networks are happy to provide cover for the Biden administration’s utter failure to keep the border secure. They simply don’t report on it unless it becomes so overwhelmingly in-your-face like when the huge wave of Haitian migrants crossed over into Del Rio. Even with that story, though, the media was only interested in manufacturing a story of abuse to the illegal migrants at the hands of the agents on horse patrol.

Single adult migrants are supposed to be immediately expelled via Title 42. The Biden administration claims that is what is happening at the border, much to the dismay of progressives and other open border advocates. However, though the Biden administration is keeping Title 42 in force, it does not include families or unaccompanied children for expulsion. There were no children or families in this group. These adults, mostly males, stepped off buses and out of vans in Brownsville. They left the office and got into taxis. Melugin and his cameraman followed the illegal migrants. They went to Harlingen airport. From there the migrant adults planned to board flights to Atlanta, Houston, and Miami. Some of the migrants said that they had just arrived in Texas that morning, after paying $2,000 to a cartel.
https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2022/ ... le-n443976
I was just about to post this.

Most transparent administration ever was another campaign promise that has not materialized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:37 am
HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:00 pm

Judge lifts the injunction.
OUTAGAMIE COUNTY, Wis. (WBAY) - An Outagamie County judge has lifted an injunction, freeing seven members of ThedaCare’s accredited stroke care team to take jobs with Ascension Wisconsin.

Judge Mark McGinnis said, “Based up on the testimony, the exhibits that have come in that ThedaCare has not satisfied its burden that it will likely suffer irreputable harm without an injunction.”
Sounds like ThedaCare was just a bad employer. :coffee:
They told the judge changing jobs was not just about money but a better quality of life, not being on-call as often working at St. Elizabeth, and feeling appreciated for their work.

“It was in my opinion life changing money for my family in offering a work-life balance that created more time with my children and husband,” said Kailey Young, a former ThedaCare employee.

Young, a former ThedaCare employee, said, ”It’s hard to even collect my thoughts in this moment because this is where, it’s flooding me with emotion, rather than being able to think straight. So, the respect that we have not received until this day, hearing how magical what we do is, but nobody cared about that when we went and asked for a counteroffer to stay. It’s just a lot.”

“We were cordial, and we were trying to work with them and help provide coverage, but when this lawsuit came through that they would rather have us be unemployed and jobless than work for a competitor my willingness to help them out died,” former ThedaCare employee Michael Preissner said.

https://www.wbay.com/2022/01/24/employe ... ascension/
ThedaCare management definitely are not the brightest bulbs. How could they think this was going to end well for them? Now they've not only lost the employees but they've pissed them off too and likely won't get any help from them. Plus they've gotten national attention as a shitty place to work. :dunce: :dunce:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:14 am I have a sneaking suspicion that Kalm is a "debater" type personality according to Myers Briggs. I'm that type.
Ya think? :lol:

My brotha!!!

:thumb: