Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:09 am Arkansas…updating laws to the early 20th century…

So what?
Act 195 — Removes the requirement for children under 16 years old who wish to work in Arkansas to obtain an employment certificate from the Division of Labor
When I was working for a landscaper at age 15, I didn’t have a ‘work permit’.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:41 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:09 am Arkansas…updating laws to the early 20th century…

So what?
Act 195 — Removes the requirement for children under 16 years old who wish to work in Arkansas to obtain an employment certificate from the Division of Labor
Rebel.

Not the case in nanny state WA. Parents and school districts have to sign off on it and there are restrictions regarding hours per week and time of day so that they are able to finish school and…you know…be a kid still. At least when I was still running the business. Glad I no longer have to suffer under that yoke of tyranny.
Last edited by kalm on Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:24 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:41 pm
So what?

Rebel.

Not the case in nanny state WA. Parents and school districts have to sign off on it and there are restrictions regarding hours per week and time of day so that they are able to finish school and…you know…be a kid still. At least when I was still running the business. Glad I know longer have to suffer under that yoke of tyranny.
You enslaved children for profit?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I like this Sikh? method of dealing with looters:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:31 am Can’t force consumers to buy something they don’t want at a price high enough to be profitable..
Ford Loses Nearly $60,000 for Every Electric Vehicle Sold
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... r-AA1aEOzO
After losing 2.1 billion on its EVs in 2022, for 2023:

Ford set to lose $4.5 billion on electric vehicles this year, despite increased revenue
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/ ... ed-revenue
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

After DeSantis suspends Worrell, new leadership fires staffer on maternity leave
Keisha Mulfort, the former chief of staff for the State Attorney’s Office and Worrell, went on leave on May 30, the day her daughter was born. She has spent time in the hospital due to birth-related complications, she told the Sentinel.
Williams asked Mulfort “to provide access” and “to change administrative profiles on the office’s social media pages,” according to the letter.

“The demand was perplexing,” the letter said. “As Ms. Mulfort informed [Williams], your office already had the passwords, which had been changed during her leave.”

Another employee from the State Attorney’s Office then “demanded that [Mulfort] respond to Williams” by 9 a.m. on Thursday, wrote Scheller.
I'm not an attorney but I think an employee who is on FMLA leave is on leave. Demanding that they work (change passwords) or respond by a certain time seems like a violation of FMLA.

DeConkis tripping over his dick again. He's seems to be an incompetent administrator, not qualified to run a lemonade stand much less the United States of America.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:46 am After DeSantis suspends Worrell, new leadership fires staffer on maternity leave
Keisha Mulfort, the former chief of staff for the State Attorney’s Office and Worrell, went on leave on May 30, the day her daughter was born. She has spent time in the hospital due to birth-related complications, she told the Sentinel.
Williams asked Mulfort “to provide access” and “to change administrative profiles on the office’s social media pages,” according to the letter.

“The demand was perplexing,” the letter said. “As Ms. Mulfort informed [Williams], your office already had the passwords, which had been changed during her leave.”

Another employee from the State Attorney’s Office then “demanded that [Mulfort] respond to Williams” by 9 a.m. on Thursday, wrote Scheller.
I'm not an attorney but I think an employee who is on FMLA leave is on leave. Demanding that they work (change passwords) or respond by a certain time seems like a violation of FMLA.

DeConkis tripping over his dick again. He's seems to be an incompetent administrator, not qualified to run a lemonade stand much less the United States of America.
Well considering our current President can't put on a pair of crocks on without help and our last one needed to be read a lullaby before he went to sleep and the previous one before that greatest strength was he said he wasn't like his predecessor, I say that DeSantis is more than qualified to be President.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:51 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:46 am After DeSantis suspends Worrell, new leadership fires staffer on maternity leave

Well considering our current President can't put on a pair of crocks on without help and our last one needed to be read a lullaby before he went to sleep and the previous one before that greatest strength was he said he wasn't like his predecessor, I say that DeSantis is more than qualified to be President.
All valid points but I can't help thinking that we can and should do better. Maybe I'm just a dreamer (but not the immigrant kind). :D
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:15 pm

All valid points but I can't help thinking that we can and should do better. Maybe I'm just a dreamer (but not the immigrant kind). :D
We can and we should (I do and that is what makes me truly independent :coffee: ).

The day it will happen is the day voters demand accountability across the spectrum. I am not going to hold my breath though. (This board is a microcosm of our voting population and look at the excuses/dodging that goes around here.)
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:07 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:15 pm

We can and we should (I do and that is what makes me truly independent :coffee: ).

The day it will happen is the day voters demand accountability across the spectrum. I am not going to hold my breath though. (This board is a microcosm of our voting population and look at the excuses/dodging that goes around here.)
It won’t significantly change unless campaign finance is changed and/or a significant 3rd party gets a seat at the table.

What’s unfortunate is there’s middle ground populist sentiments coming from both sides but the tribalism of a two party system nullifies it.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:48 pm I like this Sikh? method of dealing with looters:
:lmao:

he's lucky they didn't pull out their knives instead of a stick :rofl:

Sikh's are nobody to fuck around with :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

frat-boy weenie. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:45 am
Winterborn wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:07 am

It won’t significantly change unless campaign finance is changed and/or a significant 3rd party gets a seat at the table.

What’s unfortunate is there’s middle ground populist sentiments coming from both sides but the tribalism of a two party system nullifies it.
Campaign finance is certainly something that could change things. Still waiting for the proposal on how to do that without limiting people's speech. Things currently or previously proposed weren't really good legislation. But I'm sure we could do it.

As for the 3rd party, it's just not going to be something we have, at least a long term one. It's like a practice in game theory, every time we play it through, we'll always default to a two party system. People like to win, so they'll pick one team or the other. No one wants to long term be a team that can't win. It's why the Clippers haven't had a big following all these years. Perhaps if one branch of government (i.e. the Executive Branch) wasn't basically controlled by one person (and one party) every 4 years we could have a viable, long lasting 3rd party presence. Alas, we don't. Two parties is the reality.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

The state of Texas is questioning the legal rights of an “unborn child” in arguing against a lawsuit brought by a prison guard who says she had a stillborn baby because prison officials refused to let her leave work for more than two hours after she began feeling intense pains similar to contractions.

The argument from the Texas attorney general’s office appears to be in tension with positions it has previously taken in defending abortion restrictions, contending all the way up to the U.S. Supreme Court that “unborn children” should be recognized as people with legal rights.

It also contrasts with statements by Texas’ Republican leaders, including Gov. Greg Abbott, who has touted the state’s abortion ban as protecting “every unborn child with a heartbeat.”
https://apnews.com/article/texas-fetus- ... 36d1392d90
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Nobody said he wasn't. The reason he won't get within sniffing distance of being nominated is because his inner phoniness shines through his asshole-frat-boy exterior in his campaign to convince the handful of brain cells and teeth who comprise "the base" that if you love the Donald you'll really flip for the Ronald. Its the difference between somebody having no bottom to sink to and there being nothing there to sink.

Seriously. Vote for me because I'm more Trump than Trump. :facepalm:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Time to ban EVs?
The New York Fire Department recently reported that so far this year there have been 108 lithium-ion battery fires in New York City, which have injured 66 people and killed 13. According to FDNY Commissioner Laura Kavanagh, "There is not a small amount of fire, it [the vehicle] literally explodes." The resulting fire is "very difficult to extinguish and so it is particularly dangerous."

Last year there were more than 200 fires from batteries from e-bikes, EVs and other devices….

….FDNY also reports that in just three years, lithium-ion battery fires have surpassed those started by cooking and smoking as the most common causes of fatal fires in New York City. It's happening all over the country as these blazes have become commonplace. Cars and e-bikes are randomly blowing up in driveways and garages….
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 86d6ced58b
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I I had a dollar for every time I saw ‘X, formerly known as Twitter.‘ The msm has been doing it for the last month now. I think everyone gets it by now..they can just write/say ‘X‘.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:49 pm I I had a dollar for every time I saw ‘X, formerly known as Twitter.‘ The msm has been doing it for the last month now. I think everyone gets it by now..they can just write/say ‘X‘.
What does X signify? Is it:
- a letter?
- a number (10)?
- a symbol (X marks the spot)?

And if you enter an x.com URL into your browser why does it redirect you to twitter.com and not vice versa?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:57 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:49 pm I I had a dollar for every time I saw ‘X, formerly known as Twitter.‘ The msm has been doing it for the last month now. I think everyone gets it by now..they can just write/say ‘X‘.
What does X signify? Is it:
- a letter?
- a number (10)?
- a symbol (X marks the spot)?

And if you enter an x.com URL into your browser why does it redirect you to twitter.com and not vice versa?
X is a long time obsession with Musk.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-mus ... 49332.html
Tesla Model X, SpaceX, and now Twitter’s rebranding to X.com. Why is Elon Musk so obsessed with the 24th letter of the alphabet, and why is he replacing Twitter’s globally recognized logo, namely the Twitter bird, with a generic letter?

Not only has the Twitter owner changed his profile picture to the new X logo and made his profile bio “X.com,” but the company’s official name is now X Corp., owned by the holding company X Holdings Corp., according to legal filings. Musk has been planning the X transformation since he acquired Twitter, saying he wants to create a digital town square where anything goes.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Just thought everyone would want to know Mitch McConnell is okay. No stroke, no problem...nothing.

Fit as a fiddle.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:53 pm Just thought everyone would want to know Mitch McConnell is okay. No stroke, no problem...nothing.

Fit as a fiddle.
I heard he was examined by Dr. Ronnie Jackson whose integrity is above reproach.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:37 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:53 pm Just thought everyone would want to know Mitch McConnell is okay. No stroke, no problem...nothing.

Fit as a fiddle.
I heard he was examined by Dr. Ronnie Jackson whose integrity is above reproach.
The doctor who oversaw Obama's care? No, I think it's the doc who has JB Ware as a patient. You know. The guy you voted for.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:44 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:37 pm
The doctor who oversaw Obama's care? No, I think it's the doc who has JB Ware as a patient. You know. The guy you voted for.
No, the quack who said trump weighed 235 pounds.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:49 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:44 pm

No, the quack who said trump weighed 235 pounds.
The first step is to admit you have TDS SO bad, he lives in your head rent free.

I make a comment on the obvious fact McConnell isn't well and you IMMEDIATELY go to Trump. You need help Mr One Trick Pony (UNIcorn).