Political discussions
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Pwns »

Remember when progressives used to be concerned about big corporations censoring news and information? Good times.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Pwns wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:02 am

Remember when progressives used to be concerned about big corporations censoring news and information? Good times.
could you provide a link to refresh my memory
or are you just going to treat this as hyperbole ..?

Remember when Republicans were Nazis then Glenn Beck used a chalkboard and showed us that actually the liberals were nazis

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Chizzang wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:51 am I'm just wondering out loud if it's cool to ridicule and belittle Downs kids and Autistic kids..?
Because it seems perfectly okay to ridicule and belittle transgender kids

I'm fascinated by where exactly "The Line" is

we've got a guy in seattlegrizs shoes who finds it perfectly okay to belittle transgender kids
ponder that for a moment - I'm struggling to wrap my head around that disconnect
You need to reply to my stuff if you want me to reply.

My comment, while a little obscure, was apparently missed by you.

The dude in Jelli's post shot up a waffle house in Colorado, after three attempts to buy a waffle without a mask.
He should have ordered the transgender celebratory waffle, then sued them. That's a thing in Colorado, isn't it?
I was making reference to the LGBT community going into Masterpiece Cakeshop, ordering items they know he will not make, and then suing him. He is on his third court case, with two of them from the same person. That would have been easier.

Your work has gotten sloppy since you have decided to go for more volume than substance.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... mps-fault/

I’ll leave this here since it encompasses numerous events over the last few years.

Peter Van Buren was a FSO and on his way out the door at State when I joined in 2009. He quit over the fraud, waste and abuse he saw in Iraq. He seemed like a fairly typical State Dept liberal at the time, but I could swear he has taken a decidedly libertarian bent over the last few years. He has a blog that is referenced in some links in the article where he occasionally gives a snapshot of Federal government incompetence and dysfunction, mostly at State.

A recent article focusing on DoS’s current state:

https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... epartment/
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

So surprising

Ukraine found no evidence against Hunter Biden in case audit
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN23B2RB
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Someone ought to tell them they aren't really protesting unless they are burning and pillaging their own neighborhoods and communities.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:So surprising

Ukraine found no evidence against Hunter Biden in case audit
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN23B2RB
Why should he have done anything criminal ... and jeopardize the 50k per month he was pulling down for doing nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

WTF. :suspicious:

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:29 pm WTF. :suspicious:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah. I’m just certain they can prove a causal relationship between those disparate events. Jesus H Tittyfucking Christ, Jelly.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Did anyone else notice what they said in the video? It caught me off-guard since cons love to cite Wall Street so much:

“There's been a disconnect between what investors focus on and what happens across the rest of the country.”

No sh*t...never thought Fox News wouldn't lie there. :lol:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

:clap:

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:27 pm

Did anyone else notice what they said in the video? It caught me off-guard since cons love to cite Wall Street so much:

“There's been a disconnect between what investors focus on and what happens across the rest of the country.”

If that disconnect truly existed the market wouldnt have dropped 37% from COVID. :roll:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:12 pm :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:18 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:12 pm :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
This country should just erase all history prior to 2019. Throw away all history books. Tear down all statues. Rename all streets, buildings, towns, parks, etc. that are named after anyone. Because guaranfuckingTEED that whoever something is named after, based on today’s standards they were either overtly racist, subliminally racist, systemically racist, posted a racist thought, tweeted an offensive statement, or did SOMETHING that ultimately is gonna be their downfall.

This country has lost its collective fucking mind.
Just start over with a clean slate.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

That's the beauty (and point) of democracy...each generation decides what's important and how it wants to run things. The past shouldn't beholden us to the realities of the present. Some good news from Virginia, the former heart of the defunct confederation:

Richmond is removing the 130 year old statue of Robert E. Lee:

In Alexandria, the Daughters of the Confederacy just removed its 131 year old memorial:

And Roanoke is about to remove its memorial too: https://www.roanoke.com/news/local/coun ... 39f06.html
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:09 pm That's the beauty (and point) of democracy...each generation decides what's important and how it wants to run things. The past shouldn't beholden us to the realities of the present. Some good news from Virginia, the former heart of the defunct confederation:

Richmond is removing the 130 year old statue of Robert E. Lee:

In Alexandria, the Daughters of the Confederacy just removed its 131 year old memorial:

And Roanoke is about to remove its memorial too: https://www.roanoke.com/news/local/coun ... 39f06.html
That’s not democracy. It’s a mob of SJW Karens in action. And it’s a fucking disgrace. The cowtowing to social pressure just shows how weak we’ve become as a country.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:27 pm

You and felchy must have taken an Economics lesson from AOC or something.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Letter from John Dowd to Mattis. Oof.

https://ibb.co/2YQyBcy
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:33 pm Letter from John Dowd to Mattis. Oof.

Nah, just proves how dumb John Dowd has always been, and how far up Trump's ass he is.

Like all the other bootlickers, I'm sure Trump genuinely appreciates Dowd coming to his defense.

And yeah, calling civil rights protestors "terrorists" always puts people on the right side of history. Just look at how we label those who previously fought to advance our rights: terrorists. But if this is the hill he wants to die on, it's his life and legacy.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:43 pm

Nah, just proves how dumb John Dowd has always been, and how far up Trump's ass he is.

Like all the other bootlickers, I'm sure Trump genuinely appreciates Dowd coming to his defense.

And yeah, calling civil rights protestors "terrorists" always puts people on the right side of history. Just look at how we label those who previously fought to advance our rights: terrorists. But if this is the hill he wants to die on, it's his life and legacy.
Not all the folks out on the street are "civil rights protesters". Plenty have engaged in terrorism and other violence. But you're a Marxist so I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:54 pm Not all the folks out on the street are "civil rights protesters". Plenty have engaged in terrorism and other violence. But you're a Marxist so I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference.
Yup, all the suffragettes and Civil Rights activists who engaged in violence were terrorists. That's how we remember them. :nod:

Frederick Douglass was a Marxist:
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:00 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:54 pm Not all the folks out on the street are "civil rights protesters". Plenty have engaged in terrorism and other violence. But you're a Marxist so I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference.
Yup, all the suffragettes and Civil Rights activists who engaged in violence and property damage were terrorists. :nod:

Frederick Douglass was a Marxist:
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.
Never said "all". Reading is fundamental. :coffee:

But at least you didn't bastardize a MLK Jr quote so I guess you get points for effort on the response.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:43 pm

Over 60 Secret Service agents sustained injuries from "civil rights protestors"...60+

"peaceful protestors" :lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Baldy wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:04 pm Over 60 Secret Service agents sustained injuries from "civil rights protestors"...60+

Not my problem they woke up that morning and decided to defend a racist and fascist because they want money.

Blindly following orders isn't a good way to go through life.

The Secret Service deserves as much scrutiny as other law enforcement agencies, and needs to be reformed as well.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:11 pm
Baldy wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:04 pm Over 60 Secret Service agents sustained injuries from "civil rights protestors"...60+

Not my problem they woke up that morning and decided to defend a racist and fascist because they want money.

Blindly following orders isn't a good way to go through life.

The Secret Service should receive as much scrutiny and reformation as any other law enforcement agency.
:lol:

What? :?