Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
There is a decent chance that the Welsh beat the Vikings over but they definitely didn't settle here outside of building a couple of temporary camps. There are a few stories based on a early poem that a bastard son of a Welsh prince left before his dad passed ,in order not to cause any trouble and set off West with a crew just to see where the wind would take them and they ran into North America.

Also ran across a report made by some early explorers of Tennessee, in a old book on the history of Tennessee, that stated they found some mummies wrapped in hides in a manner that was indicative of the early Vikings who were blond hair and blue eyed. The book also mentioned a stone fort foundations that was built in the Welsh style that was discovered. I have the book on Tennessee history somewhere on Microfiche, as the library system I ordered it though didn't have a paper copy to loan me so they gave me a Microfiche version.

There is also Lewis and Clarks reports of blue eyed natives among the Mandan Indians when they came up the Missouri.
David Thompson and other brits and Frenchmen were already just north of the Mandans 20 years ahead of the Corps of Discovery exploring out from York Factory and Saskatchewan house up all of the river systems. Pretty good chance someone made it south from there and got bizzy.
I would say more than busy (They were Frenchmen after all :mrgreen: ) but the reports that Lewis and Clark mention were not so recent as that. There were other factors such as the buffalo hide round boats they used for fishing which had a nearly identical design as to some early Welsh fishing boats and a few other items.

I don't doubt that there were multiple periods of contact over centuries, most of which were lost in the annals of time. My guess is that North America/South America have been discovered and re-discovered multiple times. Some people just like to wander and see what is over the next horizon. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

https://theweek.com/articles/889882
Gordon Sondland, Trump's ambassador to the European Union who donated $1 million to Trump's inauguration, suffered a similar fate. In October, Trump said, "I would love to send Ambassador Sondland, a really good man and great American, to testify." After Sondland spilled the beans about the Ukraine scandal in his testimony, Trump said of him, "I hardly know the gentleman," "I don't know him very well," and "This is not a man I know well."
That's another favorite dodge. Trump, who claimed to have "the world's greatest memory," quickly forgets people when they tell the truth about him.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote:https://theweek.com/articles/889882
Gordon Sondland, Trump's ambassador to the European Union who donated $1 million to Trump's inauguration, suffered a similar fate. In October, Trump said, "I would love to send Ambassador Sondland, a really good man and great American, to testify." After Sondland spilled the beans about the Ukraine scandal in his testimony, Trump said of him, "I hardly know the gentleman," "I don't know him very well," and "This is not a man I know well."
That's another favorite dodge. Trump, who claimed to have "the world's greatest memory," quickly forgets people when they tell the truth about him.
Guess he should of donated more. :coffee:

That is the price to pay when one tries to buy power/favor.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Carmelo. Pipe Down!!!!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

All is not completely lost in VA. VA still has a few (not many) rural donks from Trump districts..
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virgin ... r-gun-bill
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I don't think I need to link it if you've been watching the news. To me it's an example of how what people view as the "liberal media" can get on a jag that is not what liberals want to hear. It's the thing about how Trump has his highest approval rating ever now. It's based on him reaching 49% in the Gallup poll. I've been watching CNN and MSNBC since Gallup released the results and it's all over the place. People keep saying "he's at his highest approval rating ever."

But it's just one poll. If you look at the Real Clear Politics average page on that issue right now it shows seven polls that represent later periods than that Gallup poll and they have Trump's approval rating at 44, 43, 46, 46, 42, 48, and 44%. And the 48% is the Rasmussen poll. By he real clear politics average he has a 45.0% approval rating. His historical high approval rating in that average is 46.0% and he's been in the 45 through 46 range a number of times.

Don't bet me wrong: I do think he's had a bit of an uptick in approval rating, I think he's in one of his better positions in that regard relative to where he's been historically and that does disturb me. But I don't think he's in the best position of his Presidency. Also, there is good news in that the two polls up that were conducted entirely during February that aren't Rasmussen have him at -10 (44% approve, 54% disapprove) and -13 (42% approve, 55% disapprove).

But anyway I think the "liberal media" have been a little off the mark by trumpeting the idea that he's got the highest approval rating of his presidency because that happened with one poll and the rest of the polls don't say that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

New news channel, the BNC:
https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/black ... t-spectrum

Well, if you had a WNC, people would be calling that racist. Should this be any different?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Criticizing Putin as dangerous as having dirt on the Clintons..
Anti-Putin blogger has throat slit in a hotel room after vocally opposing the Russian President

A Vladimir Putin critic has been found with his throat slit in what police are calling a "politically motivated" assassination in a French hotel.

Imran Aliev, 44, was found lying on the ground with "multiple wounds" in his chest and his throat slit with a bloodied knife next to it.

Aliev has been a strong critic of Vladimir Putin and Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov on his popular blog and youtube accounts for years, working under the pseudonyms of Mansur Stariy or Old Mansur.

His is the latest death to spark concerns of a Russian political hit squad running amok in Europe to hunt down any anti-establishment voices in hiding....
https://www.foxnews.com/world/anti-puti ... sident.amp
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:20 am Criticizing Putin as dangerous as having dirt on the Clintons..
Anti-Putin blogger has throat slit in a hotel room after vocally opposing the Russian President

A Vladimir Putin critic has been found with his throat slit in what police are calling a "politically motivated" assassination in a French hotel.

Imran Aliev, 44, was found lying on the ground with "multiple wounds" in his chest and his throat slit with a bloodied knife next to it.

Aliev has been a strong critic of Vladimir Putin and Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov on his popular blog and youtube accounts for years, working under the pseudonyms of Mansur Stariy or Old Mansur.

His is the latest death to spark concerns of a Russian political hit squad running amok in Europe to hunt down any anti-establishment voices in hiding....
Amateurs. Clinton would have made it look like a suicide.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:24 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:20 am Criticizing Putin as dangerous as having dirt on the Clintons..

Amateurs. The Italians would have dumped his body in the river with cement shoes.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:34 am

Amateurs. The Italians would have dumped his body in the river with cement shoes.
Amateurs. The Irish would've made it look alcohol poisoning.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ice makes cool sounds as it falls down a 450 ft hole. 8-)

mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

I still think that she ran that child slave ring out of the pizza joint basement. :nod: :thumb:
Go Black Bears!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

css75 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:50 am
BDKJMU wrote:Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

.....She recently finished second in the 55-meter dash at the state open indoor track championships. The winner, Terry Miller of Bloomfield High, is also transgender and set a girls state indoor record of 6.95 seconds. Yearwood finished in 7.01 seconds and the third-place competitor, who is not transgender, finished in 7.23 seconds.

Miller and Yearwood also topped the 100-meter state championships last year, and Miller won the 300 this season....

....Connecticut is one of 17 states that allow transgender high school athletes to compete without restrictions, according to Transathlete.com, which tracks state policies in high school sports across the country....
https://washingtontimes.com/news/2019/f ... -sprinter/
Apparently one of them even had a full mustache to boot..

Somewhere along the line, some parents of HS girls are going to sue and win a major lawsuit, which will put an end to this.

Transgenders are still generating male hormones regardless of how many surgeries they get. They need to have their own classification.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Conn. high school girls file lawsuit arguing that allowing transgender athletes to compete is sex discrimination
https://www.foxnews.com/us/connecticut- ... rimination

Hope the real girls get a giant sum of $$. Need to put an end to this insanity.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:41 pm
css75 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:50 am

Somewhere along the line, some parents of HS girls are going to sue and win a major lawsuit, which will put an end to this.

Transgenders are still generating male hormones regardless of how many surgeries they get. They need to have their own classification.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Conn. high school girls file lawsuit arguing that allowing transgender athletes to compete is sex discrimination

You're either born a man or a woman.....nothing in between! :tothehand: :ohno:
Go Black Bears!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

mainejeff wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:47 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:41 pm

You're either born a man or a woman.....nothing in between! :tothehand: :ohno:
I do like your new schtick. :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

those homophobe scientists and their inconvenient science

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2 ... ers-sexes/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:13 am those homophobe scientists and their inconvenient science
I've been getting a kick out of the Prep HIV drug commercial that says "people who were assigned female at birth" should not take this drug. :lol: :dunce:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:13 am those homophobe scientists and their inconvenient science

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2 ... ers-sexes/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there really an argument that gender I.D. and sex are the same thing? I mean outside of a few confused conks who secretly wonder what dick tastes like?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

While we're on gender, my high school has two chicks on the wrestling team, wrestling in the two lowest weight classes. We've won something like six state championships in a row.

Poor guys on the other teams are probably too worried about not getting a boner or not pussy grabbing to focus. It's a weird thing, no matter how progressive you are. Having a 16 year old boy have to press his dick all over a 16 year old chick and try to think strategy at the same time is quite an order.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

93henfan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:11 am While we're on gender, my high school has two chicks on the wrestling team, wrestling in the two lowest weight classes. We've won something like six state championships in a row.

Poor guys on the other teams are probably too worried about not getting a boner or not pussy grabbing to focus. It's a weird thing, no matter how progressive you are. Having a 16 year old boy have to press his dick all over a 16 year old chick and try to think strategy at the same time is quite an order.
:lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

I raced a whole season in which a professional woman cyclist raced in our races. She wanted the tougher competition to train for the World Championships.

She fucking lapped me in one race!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genevi%C3%A8ve_Jeanson
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

93henfan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:11 am While we're on gender, my high school has two chicks on the wrestling team, wrestling in the two lowest weight classes. We've won something like six state championships in a row.

Are you saying that guys wrestling press their dicks all over each other? I knew that this was the gayest sport ever! :nod:
Last edited by mainejeff on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Black Bears!
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Iowa started a HS girls wrestling program this year with its own state championship. Previously there have been some girls wrestling with the boys. A few years ago one girl made it to state in a low weight class and her first round opponent at state forfeited. He came from a very religious family and he felt it was wrong for a guy to be wrestling a girl.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

HI54UNI wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:19 am

Iowa started a HS girls wrestling program this year with its own state championship. Previously there have been some girls wrestling with the boys. A few years ago one girl made it to state in a low weight class and her first round opponent at state forfeited. He came from a very religious family and he felt it was wrong for a guy to be wrestling a girl.
That's one part of it. The other is trying to explain to your angry black dad why you got pinned by a white chick. Here's one of our girls doing just that. You know that kid got his ass whipped when he got home :lol:

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-