Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:04 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:16 am

List why you consider all these people cancers
They are or support a narcissistic sociopath who has conned millions into believing he's fighting the establishment for them.
So you shouldn’t vote for anyone
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

“I thought I was dreaming. I opened my eyes and he was on the roof of the plane on his back, looking down on me. It was like The Exorcist," he said. “

Passenger flight goes into nose dive somewhere near New Zealand…. Holy moly that scares the crap out of me
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Boeing whistleblower found dead in US
A former Boeing employee known for raising concerns about the firm's production standards has been found dead in the US.

John Barnett had worked for Boeing for 32 years, until his retirement in 2017.

In the days before his death, he had been giving evidence in a whistleblower lawsuit against the company.
It said the 62-year-old had died from a "self-inflicted" wound on 9 March and police were investigating.
Did Boeing pull a clinton?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:21 am “I thought I was dreaming. I opened my eyes and he was on the roof of the plane on his back, looking down on me. It was like The Exorcist," he said. “

Passenger flight goes into nose dive somewhere near New Zealand…. Holy moly that scares the crap out of me
Another Boeing- was a 787..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:45 pm Boeing whistleblower found dead in US
A former Boeing employee known for raising concerns about the firm's production standards has been found dead in the US.

John Barnett had worked for Boeing for 32 years, until his retirement in 2017.

In the days before his death, he had been giving evidence in a whistleblower lawsuit against the company.
It said the 62-year-old had died from a "self-inflicted" wound on 9 March and police were investigating.
Did Boeing pull a clinton?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:16 pm
Sure hybrid. But there was never much natural demand for EVs. Instead it was a product being forced upon the consumer, subsidized with taxpayer money, all to combat a lie called "climate change".
Electric cars release more toxic emissions than petrol-powered vehicles and are worse for the environment
EVs weigh 30 percent more than petrol cars, causing tyres to wear out faster
The tire tread releases toxic particles 400 times greater than exhaust emissions

The study, which was published in 2022 but has begun circulating again after being cited in a WSJ op-ed, found that brakes and tyres release 1,850 times more particulate matter compared to modern exhaust pipes which have filters that reduce emissions.

It found that EVs are 30 percent heavier on average than petrol-powered vehicles, which causes the brakes and tyre treads to wear out faster than standard cars and releases tiny, often toxic particles into the atmosphere….
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/ele ... r-BB1jk7KT
EV euphoria is dead. Automakers are scaling back or delaying their electric vehicle plans

KEY POINTS
Automakers from Ford Motor and General Motors to Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Jaguar Land Rover and Aston Martin are scaling back or delaying their electric vehicle plans.

Though consumer demand for EVs hasn’t shown up in the way executives had expected, sales of the vehicles are still predicted to increase in the years to come.

A broad return to a more mixed offering of vehicles — with lineups of gas-powered vehicles alongside hybrids and fully electric options — assumes an all-electric future at a much slower pace, and it calls attention to ambitious EV targets set for the years ahead.
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/13/ev-euph ... in-us.html
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
EV euphoria is dead. Automakers are scaling back or delaying their electric vehicle plans

KEY POINTS
Automakers from Ford Motor and General Motors to Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Jaguar Land Rover and Aston Martin are scaling back or delaying their electric vehicle plans.

Though consumer demand for EVs hasn’t shown up in the way executives had expected, sales of the vehicles are still predicted to increase in the years to come.

A broad return to a more mixed offering of vehicles — with lineups of gas-powered vehicles alongside hybrids and fully electric options — assumes an all-electric future at a much slower pace, and it calls attention to ambitious EV targets set for the years ahead.
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/13/ev-euph ... in-us.html
Toyota smartly ignored the pressure and bet on hybrids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:34 pm
Toyota smartly ignored the pressure and bet on hybrids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Their CEO recently said he didn’t see EVs ever being more than 35% of the market.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:00 am “A New York City judge denied Daniel Penny's motion to dismiss the criminal case against the Marine veteran, who killed Jordan Neely with a chokehold on a subway last May.”

Unbelievable they waste time and money prosecuting this Ex Marine for his heroism, yet they can’t find a reason to prosecute the real criminals

Only in New Woke City
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Yet another shooting on NYC subway horrified onlookers

NYC straphanger shoots ‘aggressive’ rider in head after wrestling gun away from him during fight: cops

By Social Links for Tina Moore , Social Links for Larry Celona , Social Links for Joe Marino and Social Links for Steven Vago
Published March 14, 2024
Updated March 14, 2024, 6:24 p.m. ET

If you’re headed to NYC be careful

Progressive Mayor Adams is a nut case
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:37 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:00 am “A New York City judge denied Daniel Penny's motion to dismiss the criminal case against the Marine veteran, who killed Jordan Neely with a chokehold on a subway last May.”

Unbelievable they waste time and money prosecuting this Ex Marine for his heroism, yet they can’t find a reason to prosecute the real criminals

Only in New Woke City
Daniel Penny’s lawyer ‘applauds’ DA’s decision not to charge NYC subway shooter: ‘Forced to defend himself’
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Sanity prevails in a blurple state.
Maine rejects sweeping electric vehicle mandate in blow to governor's climate agenda

….The Maine Board of Environmental Protection (BEP) turned down the so-called Advanced Clean Cars program after receiving overwhelming opposition from stakeholders and citizens. The proposed program would have closely mirrored regulations approved in California, mandating that at least 51% of new car purchases in the state be electric by 2028 and 82% be electric by 2032.

"The Maine Board of Environmental Protection received nearly 1,800 comments from the people of Maine and nearly 84% were not in favor of this EV mandate," Maine Senate Republican Leader Trey Stewart told Fox News Digital. "Maine is far too rural with far too few charging stations, and many Mainers are also concerned about the reliability of these vehicles in our extreme cold-weather months.…..
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/maine- ... ate-agenda

The only states tbat have passed, or will pass, these crazy EV mandates, are the deep blue states..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Wisconsin GOP leader says Trump backers seeking to recall him don’t have enough signatures
Vos is being targeted for recall because he refused to impeach the state’s top elections official or proceed with attempting to decertify President Joe Biden’s 2020 victory in Wisconsin. His actions angered Trump, who accused Vos of covering up election corruption, while Trump’s followers mounted an unsuccessful primary challenge in 2022 and are now trying to force a recall election.
Hoping some of you MAQA yahoos can explain to me why Vos should be recalled.

His statement regard decertifying biden's 2020 win:
Wisconsin GOP leader rejects election decertification call
“We don’t have the ability to unilaterally overturn the election,” Vos said of 2020, repeating his long-held position. “It can’t happen.”

Vos said the oath he took as an elected official and the constitution “doesn’t allow me to decertify any of the elections, whether I want to or not. That’s not going to happen.”
Vos said the meeting was a chance for those who believe the 2020 election cannot be decertified to discuss it along with advocates for decertification. Nonpartisan attorneys who advise lawmakers were at the meeting. They have previously said it is illegal to decertify the election, as has the head of the conservative Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty.
Why he wouldn't
Republican leader of Wisconsin Assembly says he won’t move to impeach state’s top elections official
Assembly Speaker Robin Vos told a WKOW-TV reporter that he will wait until a judge has determined whether the Republican-controlled Senate had the authority to vote last month to fire Wisconsin Elections Commission Administrator Meagan Wolfe before he takes any further steps to oust her.
Vos said he believes that if the court rules there is a vacancy in office, lawmakers should move to appoint a replacement for Wolfe, rather than impeach her.

“There’s no need to do an impeachment because she’s not there lawfully,” Vos said. “We need to follow the law and see what the actual rulings are from the court.”
I disagree with a lot of what he does but Vos has been very good at strengthening the Republican party's hold on a purple state. Choosing absolute loyalty to trump over following the law seems foolish and short-sighted.

Can any MAQA yahoos tell me why this is a good idea?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Lol Sen Kennedy makes a fool of democrat climate ‘expert’ witness..
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:08 pm Lol Sen Kennedy makes a fool of democrat climate ‘expert’ witness..
Classic and the young clueless kid probably doesn’t realize it
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Welcome to North Alabama…
SPOKANE, Wash. — The NCAA Tournament was supposed to be a fun experience for the University of Utah women's basketball team.

Instead, the team was met with racial hate crimes the first night the team was in its host location.

Utah was sent to Spokane for the first and second rounds of the NCAA Tournament, but was stationed in a hotel in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho — about 35 minutes away from the McCarthey Athletic Center in Spokane.

On Thursday night, the basketball team — along with members of the band and cheerleading team — gathered together at a restaurant for a dinner to celebrate the season. While walking to the restaurant, a white truck got near the team, revved its engines to make its presence known, and then yelled the N-word toward the team before speeding off.

"We all just were in shock, and we looked at each other like, did we just hear that? ... Everybody was in shock — our cheerleaders, our students that were in that area that heard it clearly were just frozen," Utah deputy athletics director Charmelle Green, who is Black, told KSL.com. "We kept walking, just shaking our heads, like I can't believe that."

The team carried on with its dinner, but two hours later were met with a similar situation as they started to leave the restaurant. This time, though, two trucks were present, revving their engines and making a lot of noise in an intimidating way, while yelling the N-word again to those present

https://www.ksl.com/article/50961584/i- ... tournament
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:45 am Welcome to North Alabama…
SPOKANE, Wash. — The NCAA Tournament was supposed to be a fun experience for the University of Utah women's basketball team.

Instead, the team was met with racial hate crimes the first night the team was in its host location.

Utah was sent to Spokane for the first and second rounds of the NCAA Tournament, but was stationed in a hotel in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho — about 35 minutes away from the McCarthey Athletic Center in Spokane.

On Thursday night, the basketball team — along with members of the band and cheerleading team — gathered together at a restaurant for a dinner to celebrate the season. While walking to the restaurant, a white truck got near the team, revved its engines to make its presence known, and then yelled the N-word toward the team before speeding off.

"We all just were in shock, and we looked at each other like, did we just hear that? ... Everybody was in shock — our cheerleaders, our students that were in that area that heard it clearly were just frozen," Utah deputy athletics director Charmelle Green, who is Black, told KSL.com. "We kept walking, just shaking our heads, like I can't believe that."

The team carried on with its dinner, but two hours later were met with a similar situation as they started to leave the restaurant. This time, though, two trucks were present, revving their engines and making a lot of noise in an intimidating way, while yelling the N-word again to those present

You were right about Idaho. Not exactly high on my list of places to visit these days. And I think you're being unkind to Alabama, I'm not sure Alabama approaches anything like what you have in places in Idaho now.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Tonight this city lost a hero, a wife lost her husband, and a young child lost their father,” NYPD Commissioner Edward Caban wrote on X. “We struggle to find the words to express the tragedy of losing one of our own. The work that Police Officer Jonathan Diller did each day to make this city a safer place will NEVER be forgotten.

“Our prayers are with his family, loved ones, and brothers and sisters in blue.”

Jonathan Diller with his son
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:42 am

You were right about Idaho. Not exactly high on my list of places to visit these days. And I think you're being unkind to Alabama, I'm not sure Alabama approaches anything like what you have in places in Idaho now.
Idaho is beautiful. I've only driven through Coeur d'Alene but the view coming down I-90 from the east is pretty cool. I haven't been to Sun Valley but
I hear good things. I love Shoshone Falls in southern Idaho (with the bonus of the Evil Knievel jump Snake River jump site being just downriver):

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:54 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:42 am

Idaho is beautiful. I've only driven through Coeur d'Alene but the view coming down I-90 from the east is pretty cool. I haven't been to Sun Valley but
I hear good things. I love Shoshone Falls in southern Idaho (with the bonus of the Evil Knievel jump Snake River jump site being just downriver):

Oh there are many great outdoor areas and Wallace, Coeur d’ Alene and Sandpoint are cool cities in the panhandle. It just seems to attract more than its share of far righties.

Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Never had a problem in Alabama but you won’t catch me in your neck of the woods
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:13 am 31-year-old cop killed yesterday in Queens

And another death in on the subway as another wacko, pushes an innocent person onto the tracks and kills them

New Woke City is a disaster
Thug had 21 prior arrest and had just gotten released from jail. Never should have been let out. Thug was also shot, unfortunately not fatally.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:57 am

Never had a problem in Alabama but you won’t catch me in your neck of the woods
Why?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

We’ve seen bridges have 1 support collapse, and 1 or 2 sections on either side of it collapse- that’s what I would have expected. But you take out 1 support column and almost the entire 1.6 mile bridge collapses? Da fuq? :suspicious: