Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:01 pm Don't try to sweep Trip's sexism under the rug. Only a pig would advocate for treating women differently than men. :D
I mean I know you're joking, but there's a definitely a solid biological reason to saving women before men. It's not really because they're "weak" (women are strong AF), but because they're the more valuable sex to keep "alive" your culture, nation, etc.

They nurture the next generation but more importantly, a bunch of them can quickly replenish your "tribe" in the face of mass casualties as long as there is even one fertile man left. There's a reason behind this long-standing rule of thumb, across cultures and time (including matriarchies).
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:15 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:01 pm Don't try to sweep Trip's sexism under the rug. Only a pig would advocate for treating women differently than men. :D
I mean I know you're joking, but there's a definitely a solid biological reason to saving women before men. It's not really because they're "weak" (women are strong AF), but because they're the more valuable sex to keep "alive" your culture, nation, etc.

They nurture the next generation but more importantly, a bunch of them can quickly replenish your "tribe" in the face of mass casualties as long as there is even one fertile man left. There's a reason behind this long-standing rule of thumb, across cultures and time (including matriarchies).
Science be damned. Gender is a construct. Men can get pregnant. You need to go back to woke school and get with the pseudo-progressive program before kalm drags you away for re-education at the camp run by Commandant Cortez. :poke:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Kirsten Sinema is proof that "let's promote the interests of Big Pharma and billionaires over regular people but do it without the bigotry and racism" is bad politics.

She's going to spend the rest of her term enriching herself as much as possible until she either loses a primary or gives the seat back to the GOP.

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden lied.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

How in the hell did this freak get a TS security clearance? :suspicious:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sam-br ... eft-police
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:18 am Kirsten Sinema is proof that "let's promote the interests of Big Pharma and billionaires over regular people but do it without the bigotry and racism" is bad politics.

She's going to spend the rest of her term enriching herself as much as possible until she either loses a primary or gives the seat back to the GOP.

Spot on PWNSie!

:nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Not cool.

“A string of attacks on power facilities in Oregon and Washington has caused alarm and highlighted the vulnerabilities of the US electric grid.

The attacks in the Pacific north-west come just days after a similar assault on North Carolina power stations that cut electricity to 40,000 people.

As first reported by Oregon Public Broadcasting and KUOW Public Radio, there have been at least six attacks, some of which involved firearms and caused residents to lose power. Two of the attacks shared similarities with the incident in Moore county, North Carolina, where two stations were hit by gunfire. Authorities have not yet revealed a motive for the North Carolina attack.

The four Pacific north-west utilities whose equipment was attacked have said they are cooperating with the FBI. The agency has not yet confirmed if it is investigating the incidents.“

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... tid=Zxz2cZ
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:03 pm Not cool.

“A string of attacks on power facilities in Oregon and Washington has caused alarm and highlighted the vulnerabilities of the US electric grid.

The attacks in the Pacific north-west come just days after a similar assault on North Carolina power stations that cut electricity to 40,000 people.

As first reported by Oregon Public Broadcasting and KUOW Public Radio, there have been at least six attacks, some of which involved firearms and caused residents to lose power. Two of the attacks shared similarities with the incident in Moore county, North Carolina, where two stations were hit by gunfire. Authorities have not yet revealed a motive for the North Carolina attack.

The four Pacific north-west utilities whose equipment was attacked have said they are cooperating with the FBI. The agency has not yet confirmed if it is investigating the incidents.“

Any of us that work in the electric industry know how vulnerable these facilities are and the likelihood of getting caught is pretty slim. A coordinated attack in 20-30 places would create utter chaos. And now the media is amplifying it so every crazy person out there now has an idea that they probably never had before. :ohno:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:22 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:03 pm Not cool.

Any of us that work in the electric industry know how vulnerable these facilities are and the likelihood of getting caught is pretty slim. A coordinated attack in 20-30 places would create utter chaos. And now the media is amplifying it so every crazy person out there now has an idea that they probably never had before. :ohno:
If it’s a legit threat to public safety, what’s the media supposed to do?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:18 am Kirsten Sinema is proof that "let's promote the interests of Big Pharma and billionaires over regular people but do it without the bigotry and racism" is bad politics.

:shock: STOP THE PRESSES!
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:19 am

It's the catch-22 of the modern age. We're able to reach so many people, so quickly, with every bit of information, that you do wonder if we elevate things into news rather than them really being news. Do we make mountains out of molehills if you will. An isolated, crazy act in North Carolina happens. Do people, upon hearing it, in the detail they hear of it, decide they want to do it too? People say the same thing about school shootings - the act of publicizing them, and the prominent discussions of the perpetrators, brings up the idea that if we didn't cover them so extensively would we have more or less shootings? When Trump won in 2016 the media did all they could to find and publicize white nationalists and KKK-types - did that bring a small fringe grouping into much mainstream as a result? And I'm not advocating not reporting on stories, I think we should report on everything. But people 100-200 years from now will have a pretty interesting view of where all of this gets us. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:09 am

It's the catch-22 of the modern age. We're able to reach so many people, so quickly, with every bit of information, that you do wonder if we elevate things into news rather than them really being news. Do we make mountains out of molehills if you will. An isolated, crazy act in North Carolina happens. Do people, upon hearing it, in the detail they hear of it, decide they want to do it too? People say the same thing about school shootings - the act of publicizing them, and the prominent discussions of the perpetrators, brings up the idea that if we didn't cover them so extensively would we have more or less shootings? When Trump won in 2016 the media did all they could to find and publicize white nationalists and KKK-types - did that bring a small fringe grouping into much mainstream as a result? And I'm not advocating not reporting on stories, I think we should report on everything. But people 100-200 years from now will have a pretty interesting view of where all of this gets us. :coffee:
There have been 6 reported attacks on power stations in Oregon and Washington this year.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:39 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:09 am

There have been 6 reported attacks on power stations in Oregon and Washington this year.
Probably ANTeeFa..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:39 am
kalm wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:39 am

Probably ANTeeFa..
Why?
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Did you call your utility and ask what their plans are to prevent things like this from happening? Did you call your state utility commission or elected representatives to demand utilities take action to defend against it? If not, why not? And if not, what good did making what happened in NC or Washington or Oregon into national news do?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:18 pm

Did you call your utility and ask what their plans are to prevent things like this from happening? Did you call your state utility commission or elected representatives to demand utilities take action to defend against it? If not, why not? And if not, what good did making what happened in NC or Washington or Oregon into national news do?
I’ve imagined threats like this since 911…not just power but water supplies too. I didn’t know they were being acted on until the national headlines.

I admittedly need to go back and pay more attention to local news. Security taken for granted that shouldn’t be.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Not political, but DAMN.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

I am shocked! Overestimation of jobs...and then the election is over.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Trump's tax returns, which were going to spell doom and lay out his graft of the Government turned out to be ordinary.

I'm stunned Trump used accountants and lawyers for his taxes. We were assured he was overriding the Turbo Tax red flags as he assiduously screwed everyone and everything over while preparing his own taxes.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

McDonald's unveils first automated location, social media worried it will cut 'millions' of jobs
Customers can fully avoid interacting with any humans during their order and pickup

McDonald’s opened its first automated restaurant, with machines handling everything from taking orders to delivering the food – and dividing opinions everywhere.

When you step inside the test restaurant concept, you'll notice it's considerably smaller than a traditional McDonald's restaurant in the U.S.," McDonald’s said in a statement. "Why? The features—inside and outside—are geared toward customers who are planning to dine at home or on the go."

The Fort Worth, Texas, location uses technology to minimize human interaction when ordering and picking up food. The restaurant features an "Order Ahead Lane" where customers can receive orders by conveyor belt, Newsweek reported.

The initiative is part of McDonald’s "Accelerating the Arches" plan, which works to grow and innovate the customer experience, but not everyone is pleased with the direction the restaurant chain has chosen….
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I say good shooting. We’re going to see more and more of this due to the explosion in violent crime across the country..
https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-wom ... as-station
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:31 am I say good shooting. We’re going to see more and more of this due to the explosion in violent crime across the country..
This too is a violent crime.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:02 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:31 am I say good shooting. We’re going to see more and more of this due to the explosion in violent crime across the country..
A natural response to it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:12 am
kalm wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:02 am

A natural response to it.
Perhaps for some. Still violent and criminal.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:12 am A natural response to it.
Perhaps for some. Still violent and criminal.
Maybe if some jurisdictions hadn’t decided to 1) defund and demonize the police and 2) not prosecute a lot of criminal behavior then normally law-abiding citizens wouldn’t have felt the need to pursue vigilante justice. It’s symptomatic of a societal failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm