Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:Chalk up another one for the Religion of Peace. Bill Barr has officially declared last month’s killing of 3 US sailors in Pensacola by a Saudi “cadet” an act of jihadist terrorism. About two dozen more Saudis will be expelled.
He also wants Apple to unlock the dude’s phone

Actually, the FBI likely wants Apple to give them the ability to unlock the phone, which should not be allowed

Get a warrant and order Apple to unlock it. FBI has wanted the ability to crack into iphones for years. I think events recent as well as not so recent should illustrate for everyone why they should not have this ability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Hiking Is Racist? The Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations Comes for Nature

Link

Are you white? Do you like hiking? If the answer is “yes”, the Sierra Club wants you to know you’re a racist…or, at least, you are aiding and abetting racism.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:Hiking Is Racist? The Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations Comes for Nature

Link

Are you white? Do you like hiking? If the answer is “yes”, the Sierra Club wants you to know you’re a racist…or, at least, you are aiding and abetting racism.
I want to think that was a Babylonbee article trying to be satirical. :?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

phpBB [video]
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Medvedev and the entire cabinet resigns to make room for Putin to make Constitutional changes.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russ ... SKBN1ZE1RB
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

The newest Chevy Corvette can apparently do at least 120 mph, but it's a bad idea to test that out in a 45 mph zone. Two General Motors engineers learned that lesson the hard way last week, when they were arrested for racing in Bowling Green, Kentucky -- not far from the factory that builds the legendary sports cars.Kentucky State Police arrested Alexander Thim and Mark Derkatz on Wednesday night after a trooper spotted them driving at high speeds in two 2020 Corvette Stingrays.Thim was driving a red Corvette that reached a speed of 120 mph, according to the citation. Derkatz was in a white Corvette that was clocked at 100 mph. The posted speed on the road was 45 mph.They were charged with reckless driving, racing on a public highway and driving more than 26 mph faster than the posted speed limit.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/13/us/corve ... index.html
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Authorities Horrified At Woman Who Killed Baby With Meth Instead Of Traditional Brain-Sucking Device
HANFORD, CA—Authorities are looking for a woman who gave birth to a stillborn baby with toxic levels of methamphetamine in his system. "This is a complete horror," said Hanford Mayor Carl Eggburn. "She didn't even use calipers to rip the child to pieces like a decent human being."

"We have methods in order for this sort of thing. Like this brain-sucking vacuum. Why reinvent the wheel?" said Hanford superintendant Mario Waldorf.

Police obtained a murder warrant for the woman's arrest. "We couldn't really decide if this was murder or not because it was an unborn baby and all," said Sgt. Cornlock of Henford P.D. "We decided to do a coin toss. Heads, it's no biggie, tails, MURDER." The coin landed on tails.

"What she did is disgusting," said local doctor Margaret Helborn. "She spat in the face of the abortion industry."

The mother remains at large and is wanted for the first-degree murder of an unborn child without using a government-sanctioned murder tool.
Last edited by JBB on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Modern day debtors prison? Mississippi makes people work to pay off debt

Mississippi appears to be the only state where judges lock people up for an indefinite time while they work to earn money to pay off court-ordered debts. While there is no comprehensive data, legal experts who study fines, fees and restitution say Mississippi is unusual at the very least.

“We don’t know of any other states that have a program quite like Mississippi’s,” said Sharon Brett, a senior staff attorney with Harvard’s Criminal Justice Policy Program.'
Last edited by JBB on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Hiking Is Racist? The Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations Comes for Nature

Link

:lol:

You really don’t know since it is all lies, half truths, omission and fabrication anyway.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JBB wrote:
kalm wrote:

You really don’t know since it is all lies, half truths, omission and fabrication anyway.
I’m starting to think you’re a Russian bot. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JBB wrote:
kalm wrote:

It's satire. Do you know what satire means? You keep posting fake news articles without citing the source, even a common core idiot knows to cite his/her work. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

mainejeff2 wrote:Betty White turns 98 today. The combined age of the 4 surviving cast members of the Mary Tyler Moore Show (White, Cloris Leachman, Ed Asner and Gavin McLeod) is 379 years! Wow. :shock:
That’s almost as many years as Gil, Houndy, Winterborn, and me. 8-)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:Betty White turns 98 today. The combined age of the 4 surviving cast members of the Mary Tyler Moore Show (White, Cloris Leachman, Ed Asner and Gavin McLeod) is 379 years! Wow. :shock:
That’s almost as many years as Gil, Houndy, Winterborn, and me. 8-)
Add me in there and you’re still short by a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
phpBB [video]
Hodgkin's Lymphoma: half a million

I have the receipts. :lol:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

https://news.yahoo.com/teacher-of-the-y ... 57498.html

Former State Teacher Of The Year Kneels During Anthem At Game Attended By Trump

The educator wrote on Twitter later that night that she knelt because she was given a “platform to stand up for marginalized and oppressed people.”

“Like many before, I respectfully kneeled during Nat’l Anthem because, ‘No one is free until we are all free’ (MLK).”
Last edited by CAA Flagship on Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CAA Flagship wrote:https://news.yahoo.com/teacher-of-the-y ... 57498.html

[img]
https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/cNcVY ... 47303c.jpg[/img]
The educator wrote on Twitter later that night that she knelt because she was given a “platform to stand up for marginalized and oppressed people.”

“Like many before, I respectfully kneeled during Nat’l Anthem because, ‘No one is free until we are all free’ (MLK).”
A radical lesbian. It figures.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:https://news.yahoo.com/teacher-of-the-y ... 57498.html

Do we need a thread (or polls) on what most triggers snowflakes on the right and left. It's obvious that kneeling for the national anthem is a Conk trigger and that corporate patriotism (Black Rifle Coffee, Chick Fillet, etc.) is a Donk trigger.

What are the biggest Conk and Donk triggers?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
Do we need a thread (or polls) on what most triggers snowflakes on the right and left. It's obvious that kneeling for the national anthem is a Conk trigger and that corporate patriotism (Black Rifle Coffee, Chick Fillet, etc.) is a Donk trigger.

JSO. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

JSO. :coffee:
:rofl: He is definitely up there.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Douchebag journalist publicly shames a Target manager on Twitter over a toothbrush.
He even called the police about it.
Of course he is being ridiculed on Twitter. A guy starts a gofundme for Tori, the Target manager, to send her on vacation. Currently up to over $23k.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-tori-ta ... rom-target

#TargetTori
Last edited by HI54UNI on Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

LAWL Thanks for the entertainment HI54!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Cottage Grove church to usher out gray-haired members in effort to attract more young parishioners
A prayer for survival rose from the back of the church last Sunday.

“I pray for this church, getting through this age-discrimination thing,” said William Gackstetter, as the gray-haired heads around him nodded in agreement.

Gackstetter and other members of the Grove United Methodist Church in Cottage Grove are upset enough that their church is closing in June. What makes it worse is that their church is reopening in November — pretty much without them.

The church wants to attract more young families. The present members, most of them over 60 years old, will be invited to worship somewhere else. A memo recommends that they stay away for two years, then consult the pastor about reapplying.

Officials say the church needs a reset, and reopening the church is the best way to appeal to younger people.

But the older church members say they see that as an insult.

“This is totally wrong,” said Gackstetter’s wife, Cheryl. “They are discriminating against us because of our age.”

After the plan was explained by a visiting pastor on Jan. 5, she said, “I called him a hypocrite. I said, ‘You are kicking us out of our church.’ ”
Not sure if this is the newly formed non-christian wing of the methodist church or the traditional old-fashioned christian wing.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Progressives Call On African Americans To Quit Their Jobs To Avoid Being Used As A Trump Statistic
U.S.—Progressive activists across the country have begun calling on African Americans to quit their jobs in order to avoid being used as a Trump statistic.

White liberals generally like when minorities get hired, but they've begun to grow concerned with just how many black people are working under the Trump economy.

"If you really cared about the cause, you'd quit and become homeless so we could tell everyone how bad Trump's economy is for black people," communist activist Pau Jamm told his only black friend in a Portland coffee shop Wednesday. "You guys are really killing us here with how much you're working."

Some committed progressives are even firing black people in order to show just how bad the economy is for minorities. Austin woman Britney Baila sat down one of her employees, black man Henry Porter, to let him know that he was being fired for his own good. "Listen, you're doing great -- you've been a valued part of this organization for several years now. But you're just not helping the narrative that Trump is harming minority workers."

"Take one for the team, and maybe we'll rehire you when a Democrat gets elected," she added to the perplexed Porter.

Black people who do not quit their jobs are being called "Uncle Toms" and "race traitors."
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

mainejeff2 wrote:I call BS! ^^^^
Ignore the village idiot MJ. He posts all these Babylon Bee articles without linking them. He thinks they're real.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:I call BS! ^^^^
Ignore the village idiot MJ. He posts all these Babylon Bee articles without linking them. He thinks they're real.
:lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12