Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:I don't get this idea that we can't type certain words anymore. It started with the n-word (can't say it, can't even spell it, unless you are African American) but now here's an article where it doesn't spell two words the entire article and I had to go look up in other publications what words were so offensive. I think we lose something when we become so offended by speech and words that we demand they be completely eradicated from the language, spoken or written.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mexican-fa ... 18817.html
Everybody loses when we are niggardly with our choice of words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Careful, that could be a burning faggot that could ignite a firestorm.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Was it Hans Brinker who stuck his finger in the dike? :?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

*fagot

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:I don't get this idea that we can't type certain words anymore. It started with the n-word (can't say it, can't even spell it, unless you are African American) but now here's an article where it doesn't spell two words the entire article and I had to go look up in other publications what words were so offensive. I think we lose something when we become so offended by speech and words that we demand they be completely eradicated from the language, spoken or written.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mexican-fa ... 18817.html

Some people have more Jew in them then others.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://mobile.twitter.com/raesanni/sta ... 0042445826

Apparently it's okay to call a black donk a "coon" if they speak out against slavery reparations in a congressional hearing.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Or could make someone want to pinch a fag..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

16.5 tons of cocaine, street value about 1 billion $$, seized at the Port of Philadelphia in one of the largest drug busts in U.S. history..
https://www.foxnews.com/us/more-than-16 ... %20Text%29

I imagine some cartel boss is pretty pissed off and some heads are going to roll..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote:"Americans continue their march to low-tax states

The United States Census Bureau released its annual state-by-state population estimates for 2018 in late December. It highlights migration trends across the states and sketches a picture of looming political changes that will take place after the complete census of 2020.

Idaho, Nevada, Utah and Arizona led the way this past year in overall population growth as a percentage of population.

Once again, Texas and Florida were the big winners in overall population gains, with the Lone Star State gaining more than 379,000 residents from 2017-18 and the Sunshine State posting a gain of more than 322,000.

The big net losers from the report were New York, which lost a total of 48,510 residents, and Illinois, which lost 45,116.

These state-by-state population numbers will alter the makeup of seats in the United States House of Representative during the once-a-decade reapportionment and redistricting process that will commence after the 2020 census.

Political strategists from both sides of the aisle are interested in predicting the state political winners and losers of the next census in 2020. Election Data Services uses several methods to estimate the state-by-state changes to expect in 2020.

According to Election Data Services, the following states are poised to gain seats:

Texas will gain three, from 36 to 39;
Florida will gain two, from 27 to 29;
Arizona will gain one, from nine to 10;
Colorado will gain one, from seven to eight;
Montana will gain one, from at-large to two;
North Carolina will gain one, from 13 to 14; and
Oregon will gain one, from five to six.
These states are poised to lose seats:

New York will lose two, from 27 to 25;
Alabama will lose one, from seven to six;
California will lose one or remain even, from 53 to 52 or no change;
Michigan will lose one, from 14 to 13;
Minnesota will lose one or remain even, from eight to seven or no change;
Ohio will lose one, from 16 to 15;
Pennsylvania will lose one, from 18 to 17;
Rhode Island will lose one, from two to one; and
West Virginia will lose one, from three to two.....

....Big winners in net domestic migration in the past year include: Florida (+132,602), Arizona (+83,240) and Texas (+82,569). On the losing end we find: New York (-180,306), California (-156,068) and Illinois (-114,154)...

....Our work in Rich States, Poor States has revealed that states without personal income taxes have seen significantly better rates of in-migration than states with high income tax rates.

Of the nine states with no personal income tax, seven experienced positive domestic migration in the past year, totaling more than 339,000 on net. On the other side of the equation, a majority of states with the highest personal income tax rates experienced net domestic out-migration last year...."
https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/429 ... tax-states
"New York, California high-tax state exodus just beginning, expert warns

The cap on state and local tax (SALT) deductions has already begun to drive Opens a New Window. some residents away from high-tax Opens a New Window. states like New York and New Jersey, but experts say that trend is only going to intensify.

“It took a few months for taxpayers to realize the dollar implications – until they actually filed their tax returns this year,” Alan Goldenberg, a principal at Friedman LLP, told FOX Business. “It quantified the impact of the loss of the SALT deduction when people saw it in front of their eyes on their tax return.”.....

....States that some Americans have already begun leaving for are Florida, Texas and Nevada, all three of which have no individual income tax.

Goldenberg expects to see “more and more” taxpayers looking to move in the wake of this year’s tax season, which remains ongoing for those who filed for a six-month extension...

....As previously reported by FOX Business, while Florida received more movers than any other state last year, New York's outflows to the Sunshine State were the highest – 63,772 people. New York had the third-largest outflows of any state, with 452,580 people moving out within the past year. California, another high-tax state, had the largest outflow of domestic residents – with the highest proportion of people headed to Texas, Arizona and Washington."
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/hig ... accelerate
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

More fake news out of MSNBC. referencing the 2 former Democrat segregationist Senators, James Eastland of Mississippi and Herman Talmadge of Georgia Biden worked with, MSNBC host:
“Still to come, Joe Biden references his relationships with two former Republican colleagues at an event in New York City. The only problem? They were both segregationists,” she said.
http://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... biden-seg/
:dunce:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:More fake news out of MSNBC. referencing the 2 former Democrat segregationist Senators, James Eastland of Mississippi and Herman Talmadge of Georgia Biden worked with, MSNBC host:
“Still to come, Joe Biden references his relationships with two former Republican colleagues at an event in New York City. The only problem? They were both segregationists,” she said.
That’s pretty stupid, all right.

Kasie Hunt, proud grad of GWU. :dunce:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Russia turns back North Dakota Based B52's.

Russia: Our Fighters Turned Back B52 Bombers

B52 bombers were intercepted by Russian fighter jets over the Baltic Sea and Black Sea yesterday according to the Russian government.

And it appears the bombers had taken off from Minot Air Force Base.
Why not?
Freezins the reason!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:More fake news out of MSNBC. referencing the 2 former Democrat segregationist Senators, James Eastland of Mississippi and Herman Talmadge of Georgia Biden worked with, MSNBC host:
That’s pretty stupid, all right.

That is what is known as a mistake. And it happens. I watch MSNBC pretty much and if you watch MSNBC pretty much you know that people on that network have reported, and even emphasized, the fact that the two referenced segregationists were Democrats. In fact one frequent take is that Biden should not have used his interactions with them as an example of bipartisanship because they were in the same Party as he is.

This is the same old same old. Countless statements are made each day on various news media and people make mistatements sometimes. Conservatives live in their bubble world of paranoia about media bias and look to pounce on any such mistatement to justify their paranoia. But if you watch these mainstream media at any length you know that, while there is some bias, paranoia is exactly what it is. And such is the case here. The "mainstream media" or "liberal media" or whatever you call them have made it very clear that the two segregationists in question were Democrats.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Here we go again:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-re ... 9418626c52
In a statement, Trump said that he’s “never met this person in my life” in reference to Carroll.

I'm sure that vast body of hypocritical White Evangelical Christians will say that if the allegation is true it doesn't matter because it was before Trump came to Jesus. But they will be ignoring the fact that, if it did happen, he is 1) lying about it now and 2) attacking the character of the woman reporting the incident. That's not someone who has come to Jesus acts.

And, really, who here doesn't believe the woman? If you raise your hand, at what point are you going to come to grips with the reality of what this guy has been and is?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: That’s pretty stupid, all right.

That is what is known as a mistake. And it happens. I watch MSNBC pretty much and if you watch MSNBC pretty much you know that people on that network have reported, and even emphasized, the fact that the two referenced segregationists were Democrats. In fact one frequent take is that Biden should not have used his interactions with them as an example of bipartisanship because they were in the same Party as he is.

This is the same old same old. Countless statements are made each day on various news media and people make mistatements sometimes. Conservatives live in their bubble world of paranoia about media bias and look to pounce on any such mistatement to justify their paranoia. But if you watch these mainstream media at any length you know that, while there is some bias, paranoia is exactly what it is. And such is the case here. The "mainstream media" or "liberal media" or whatever you call them have made it very clear that the two segregationists in question were Democrats.
You watch MSNBC “pretty much.” No true conservative/libertarian watches MSNBC “pretty much.” You are a fraud, sir.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: That’s pretty stupid, all right.

Well that just proves that watching MSNBC is not good for your mental health.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote:16.5 tons of cocaine, street value about 1 billion $$, seized at the Port of Philadelphia in one of the largest drug busts in U.S. history..
https://www.foxnews.com/us/more-than-16 ... %20Text%29

“I imagine some cartel boss is pretty pissed off and some heads are going to roll..
Cocaine haul from ship grows, arrests now stand at 6

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Federal authorities have upped the amount of cocaine they seized from a ship at the Philadelphia port to more than 35,000 pounds, or 15,876 kilograms, making it the largest cocaine haul in the history of U.S. Customs, authorities said Friday.

They put the street value of the drugs at $1.1 billion....”
https://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/amp/C ... 027996.php
Damn that is a lot of blow.. :shock:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

You watch MSNBC “pretty much.” No true conservative/libertarian watches MSNBC “pretty much.” You are a fraud, sir.
Neither do TRUE liberals or progressives.

:coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote:
Inciting violence, hatred, and Islamophobia by quoting her own words? :?

It's a strange new world. :nod:
Did she marry her own brother (an NDSU alum BTW) in order to skirt immigration laws?
http://startribune.com/new-documents-re ... 511681362/
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Elon Musk’s theory on population is the opposite of mine:

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/06/23/ ... -30-years/

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:Elon Musk’s theory on population is the opposite of mine:

The populations that grow among humans are largely hyper-religious or near dark ages
See: Africa and Middle East & S.E. Asia

Europe and USA are slowing
in 100 years planet Earth is going to consist of 75% dark ages Muslims and Latino Catholics

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Elon Musk’s theory on population is the opposite of mine:

The populations that grow among humans are largely hyper-religious or near dark ages
See: Africa and Middle East & S.E. Asia

Europe and USA are slowing
in 100 years planet Earth is going to consist of 75% dark ages Muslims and Latino Catholics

:lol:
The survival of the human race will require cultures of ambition, curiosity and a sense of the future

In light of that - culturally speaking - I think the human race would be in the best hands (in terms of its survival) with cultures from East Asia or Northern Europe. Put anybody else in charge and we’ll never get off this rock.

But those dark ages Muslim hordes you speak of .... we may be shrinking but between us and the Chinese I don’t see the muslim world as an existential threat to civilization as we know it (and they do need a Reformation)

Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

We will almost certainly have the type of pension crisis Musk talks about and we'll also have challenges with 9 billion+ people. It's not either-or, we're getting both challenges whether we like it or not.
Celebrate Diversity.*
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/20 ... story.html

Trump is basically a Hitler running concentration camps.

Also, if we make sure these kids don't have beds, Trump will say "aww shucks" and let all these kids go. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Illinois legalizes recreational cannabis! :thumb:

One more item they can tax the shyt out of. :thumbdown:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Ivytalk wrote:Illinois legalizes recreational cannabis! :thumb:

One more item they can tax the shyt out of. :thumbdown:
why do you hate America...

:ohno:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus