Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
I'm not OK with a little Brett Kavanaugh punk from a Catholic all boys private school in Kentucky coming to Washington DC under the guise of pro-life only to belittle and make fun of a Native American Vietnam Vet for all of his friends to see on social media. Hope the kid is having fun with his fame! :) ;) :lol:

I also hope the kid has a miserable life....he deserves it. :thumb:
Under the guise of concern for the Native American, you persecute an entire group. Same shit you marched against, you now do. You’re a massive fucking hypocrite and you know it.
I don't go after people unprovoked. #MAGA cunts like you do.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I didn't know what you two guys were talking about at first but now I do. The actions by the students were unacceptable. The good news is that their school is considering expelling them.
Yes, I agree. And because of their actions the gigantic hypocrite has slandered an entire religion. That would be like me saying “because MJ is a fucking douchebag hypocrite, thereby ALL gays must be fucking douchebag hypocrites”...
Sue me.

Go Black Bears!
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
It is really, really disappointing coming from a member of ONE persecuted group demanding equality to see you persecute ANOTHER persecuted group. What’s good for the goose, dickwad. You and your massive double standard are an embarrassment to gay people everywhere.
I'm not OK with a little Brett Kavanaugh punk from a Catholic all boys private school in Kentucky coming to Washington DC under the guise of pro-life only to belittle and make fun of a Native American Vietnam Vet for all of his friends to see on social media. Hope the kid is having fun with his fame! :) ;) :lol:

That kid is representative of about 75% of his generation

they all need to be beaten severely

or destroyed Im not sure which

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

75% seems a little high... ya crotchety old bastard

:lol:

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

css75 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Looks like the Catholics sent their little Nazis.....

https://twitter.com/SikhProf/status/1086648872062119936
You are mentally warped, is anyone who disagrees with your left wing agenda a Nazi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Watch the videos. Those boys were out of line.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

Why can’t it be both?

Meanwhile, I’m sure we’ll hear some hollow apology from at least one of them saying he isn’t really a racist or teenage shithead and the video is out of context.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Is it ironic that Bobby Rush was the lone Representative to vote against the Steve King resolution? I agree with Rush that the resolution didn't go far enough but Rush is a former Black Panther which was in many ways a black nationalist movement.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I've been seeing Republicans on TV crow about this:

https://www.newsmax.com/us/latinos-hisp ... id/898717/
Marist Poll: Trump's Latino Support Jumps 19 Points
Could be there's something real with the idea that there's suddenly been a big jump in Hispanic support. But you'd have to wait and see if there are indications of a jump being reflected in other polls as well as in subsequent versions of this poll.

The two other polls I'm aware of that gauged opinion among Hispanics at about the same time paint a different picture. The NPR/Marist poll that had 50% of Hispanic registered voters approving of Trump's job was conducted January 10 through 13. A Quinnipiac poll conducted January 9 through 13 had 35% of Hispanic registered voters approving of Trump's job vs. 64% disapproving. A YouGov poll conducted January 12 through 15 had 25% of US adults approving vs. 56% disapproving.

A CNN poll conducted January 10 through 11 had 22% of non Whites approving vs. 64% disapproving. Hispanics are not broken out but it's very unlikely you'd get that kind of split if 50% of Hispanics had approved.

Marist is a very credible poll but sometimes outliers happen. Doesn't have to be the case. It could be that the Marist poll is closer to the truth than the others. But Republicans are jumping the gun getting all excited about it. In any case the same poll has Trump at only 40% approval as compared to 50% disapproval among Whites. And it's got him slightly more underwater in the Approve minus Disapprove number, at -14, than the overall RealClearPolitics average of -13.9 does.

Frankly the fact that the poll has him up by 50% to 46% among Hispanics while being down by 40% to 50% among Whites should make any reasonable person think they may have gotten an aberrant sample. That can happen. If You're sticking to probability sampling you can get some unlikely ones.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Chizzang wrote:
css75 wrote:
You are mentally warped, is anyone who disagrees with your left wing agenda a Nazi.

Have you watched the video..?

:ohno:
Yes, did not say anything about the kids, poor behavior. They need to learn manners, But that does not make them Nazis as Lazy Tom said. I seen no jack boots, swastikas or other Nazi garb. That name is used way too much and usually out of context.

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Why can’t it be both?

Meanwhile, I’m sure we’ll hear some hollow apology from at least one of them saying he isn’t really a racist or teenage shithead and the video is out of context.

I don’t know if they’re racist or not

I just don’t like the insolent cvnt look on that kid’s face

Let’s don’t assign racism to simply being a cvnt to somebody with different skin - I want to retain my right and ability to be a cvnt to everybody
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Why can’t it be both?

I don’t know if they’re racist or not

I just don’t like the insolent cvnt look on that kid’s face

Let’s don’t assign racism to simply being a cvnt to somebody with different skin - I want to retain my right and ability to be a cvnt to everybody

That kid does have the look of someone who needs to be slapped had.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

This is related to another issue but I'm putting it here because it reflects an underlying them where conservative firebrands criticize people who have put way more on the line than they have. This time it's Ann Coulter responding to Trump agreeing to end the partial shutdown. It's at https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/ ... ll-1127564. Here it is:
"Good news for George Herbert Walker Bush: As of today, he is no longer the biggest wimp ever to serve as President of the United States," tweeted conservative commentator Ann Coulter.
Really Coulter? REALLY? Do you have any videos like this pertaining to YOUR life:

phpBB [video]

Do YOU have anything like this in your life story:
Bush and his wingmen encountered intense anti-aircraft fire over their targets. Bush's airplane was hit by flak before catching fire. He dropped his bomb load over the target, but was forced to abandon his Avenger Torpedo Bomber.
That's from the article at https://www.businessinsider.com/how-geo ... ii-2017-12

And by the way here is a description of what happened to some of the airmen that were captured:
Like many prisoners of the Japanese, the captured men were tortured and killed using sharpened bamboo or bayonets. Many were beheaded.

Unlike many prisoners of the Japanese, however, four of the Navy pilots were slaughtered by their captors, who then had surgeons cut out their livers and thigh muscles — and then prepare the meat for Japanese officers.

Surgeons removed a four-inch by 12-inch piece of thigh, weighing six pounds. According to those Japanese survivors who were on the island, it was prepared with soy sauce and vegetables, then washed down with hot sake.
A wimp? You friggin' pampered blonde bitch.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Ann Coulter is part man.....part ostrich....and 100% trash. Too bad she wouldn't OD on sleeping pills.

Go Black Bears!
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

But...but...the left says there’s no voter fraud and ID cards to vote is a racist idea to suppress minorities...

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/58000 ... 81122.html
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Col Hogan wrote:But...but...the left says there’s no voter fraud and ID cards to vote is a racist idea to suppress minorities...

Voter fraud is like any other issue that will take more than a meme to solve - it's just too much work for legislators to handle so it gets ignored. If we can solve it with a soundbite we will, otherwise ignore it and move on. Immigration, military involvement around the world, federal spending, voter fraud, racial injustice, etc. Just way too complicated to try to solve apparently.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

ANTIFA is the good guys????

One down...

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/antifa ... z5eCIqcYnl
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Col Hogan wrote:But...but...the left says there’s no voter fraud and ID cards to vote is a racist idea to suppress minorities...

Fake News. That is not what the report says

1) The secretary of state’s advisory stated that the flagged records should all be considered “WEAK” matches.
2) The announcement referenced voting records spanning a 22-year period (1996 to 2018).
3) Persons who were non-citizens at the time they obtained driver’s licenses or ID cards may have since become naturalized citizens, but they are not required to go back to DPS and change their status,
making their voter registration records subject to being inaccurately flagged for review.

So a LEGAL Green Card holder gets a driver's licence. Becomes a citizen. Votes.
In the time frame stated, over 12 million people became American Citizens through naturalization.
The Weak match parts means they are acknowledging that data may not be accurate.

They also RETRACTED a large part of their claim:

Indeed, with a few days, the Texas Tribune reported, the Texas secretary of state’s office was informing counties that “some of those voters” — a “substantial number” in some cases — didn’t belong on the lists it sent out:

The secretary of state’s office incorrectly included some voters who had submitted their voting registration applications at Texas Department of Public Safety offices, according to county officials. Now, the secretary of state is instructing counties to remove them from the list of flagged voters.

“We’re going to proceed very carefully,” said Douglas Ray, a special assistant county attorney in Harris County, where 29,822 voters were initially flagged by the state. A “substantial number” of them are now being marked as citizens, Ray said.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Colorado had the same issue:

[Secretary of State Scott] Gessler sent out 3,903 letters to suspected noncitizen voters asking them to either prove their citizenship or take themselves off voter rolls. Those on the list were identified because they had used noncitizen documents — such as a green card — to obtain their driver’s licenses.

But the letters went out before Gessler’s office got access to the federal database, and even when he did get access, only 1,416 of those could be checked because there were not alien registration numbers in the federal database for the remainder.

Of those, 141 came up as noncitizens in the database, and of those, Gessler’s office said, 35 came up with a voting history — meaning they had voted at least once in an election in Colorado.

Elena Nuñez, executive director at Common Cause … said it’s still not proven that the 35 people Gessler pointed to are not citizens. She said the federal database contains errors sometimes and that voters still would have to be given the chance to prove they are citizens before county clerks could remove them from rolls.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Tarrant County:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/poli ... 46155.html

So without having to do any further checking, the Texas SOS was wrong

Nearly 20 percent of the names of registered voters given to Tarrant County election officials to determine if they are U.S. citizens should not have been on the list.

Tarrant County Elections Administrator Heider Garcia said he learned from the Texas Secretary of State’s Office Tuesday that 1,100 of the 5,800 people whose names were given to him for citizenship reviews had already proved they were U.S. citizens.
css75
Level3
Level3

Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by css75 »

What the left fails to point out is they are the racists in this by implying that blacks and other minorities are too stupid to get and keep an ID.

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

css75 wrote:

What the left fails to point out is they are the racists in this by implying that blacks and other minorities are too stupid to get and keep an ID.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
css75 wrote:

I know. I find it comical that the left doesn’t see the irony in their position either...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote:

Voter fraud is like any other issue that will take more than a meme to solve - it's just too much work for legislators to handle so it gets ignored. If we can solve it with a soundbite we will, otherwise ignore it and move on. Immigration, military involvement around the world, federal spending, voter fraud, racial injustice, etc. Just way too complicated to try to solve apparently.
so, in other words, voter fraud falls into the same bucket as abortion, immigration, climate change, school shootings, racism, poverty, illegal drugs and healthcare. Too much work for legislators to handle...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

css75 wrote:

You try negotiating a bureaucratic minefield rigged against you by politicians and judges motherfucker!

Go Black Bears!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:
css75 wrote:

That is sort of what they're implying. I mean, you need an ID for some many things, to not have one as an adult is very suspect. If you can't be bothered to get an ID, should you be voting on important matters?