Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:59 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:02 am

:ohno: :lol:

Speaking of McDonalds...Perhaps the customer should get a bike.

:lol: That's almost as bad as all the "renting is the future" articles being pushed by the msm since the Blackrock buying up neighborhoods article dropped.

BTW that crazy lady got pwned by that McD's employee. :lol:
Well that’s because that drink was so damned important she wouldn’t put the cup down! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Col Hogan wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:13 pm
Can someone translate what she’s saying into English?

The moral of the story: don’t fuck with Korean bodega owners..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Where are the White supremacists?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:02 am

:ohno: :lol:

Speaking of McDonalds...Perhaps the customer should get a bike.

:lol: That's almost as bad as all the "renting is the future" articles being pushed by the msm since the Blackrock buying up neighborhoods article dropped.

Black rock is going to be interesting to follow.
♦Tom Donilon’s brother, Mike Donilon is a Senior Advisor to Joe Biden {link} providing guidance on what policies should be implemented within the administration. Mike Donilon guides the focus of spending, budgets, regulation and white house policy from his position of Senior Advisor to the President.

♦Tom Donilon’s wife, Catherine Russell, is the White House Personnel Director {link}. In that position Donilon’s wife controls every hire in the Office of the Presidency.

♦Tom Donilon’s daughter, Sarah Donilon, who graduated college in 2019, now works on the White House National Security Council
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:40 am

Black rock is going to be interesting to follow.
♦Tom Donilon’s brother, Mike Donilon is a Senior Advisor to Joe Biden {link} providing guidance on what policies should be implemented within the administration. Mike Donilon guides the focus of spending, budgets, regulation and white house policy from his position of Senior Advisor to the President.

♦Tom Donilon’s wife, Catherine Russell, is the White House Personnel Director {link}. In that position Donilon’s wife controls every hire in the Office of the Presidency.

♦Tom Donilon’s daughter, Sarah Donilon, who graduated college in 2019, now works on the White House National Security Council
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

The Biden Administration is handing off the asylum decision making process to NGOs in consultation with the ACLU.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-more-mi ... ?mod=e2twp

The wheels are completely off the bus now.

Get ready for President DeSantis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:54 pm The Biden Administration is handing off the asylum decision making process to NGOs in consultation with the ACLU.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:55 am
That's the joke. Remember, msm tells us it's all MAGA/white supremacists as the largest threat to America. Lot's of Juneteenth violence due to MAGA/white supremacists this past weekend as well.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:54 pm The Biden Administration is handing off the asylum decision making process to NGOs in consultation with the ACLU.

RIP wage growth and jobs for young blacks and Hispanics. :ohno:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

One can only hope.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:58 am That's the joke. Remember, msm tells us it's all MAGA/white supremacists as the largest threat to America. Lot's of Juneteenth violence due to MAGA/white supremacists this past weekend as well.
I think we've been spared all this white supremacist terror because they labelled them the biggest threat. I mean it was rampant and now it's under control. :geek:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:13 pm
SDHornet wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:58 am That's the joke. Remember, msm tells us it's all MAGA/white supremacists as the largest threat to America. Lot's of Juneteenth violence due to MAGA/white supremacists this past weekend as well.
I think we've been spared all this white supremacist terror because they labelled them the biggest threat. I mean it was rampant and now it's under control. :geek:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. That's it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:40 pm

Is it?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:14 pm
89Hen wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Yep. That's it.
Well...perhaps. Do you think they’re done or just laying lied for awhile?

“Another, more widely optimistic, reading of Jones’s meltdown is the proposition that the destructive forces of alt right conspiracy are finally in retreat. It is hard to imagine the rise of Trump without the environment of outlandish falsehood that preceded him. If Fox News offered mainstream support to that war on reality, then Jones was a big part of its militia wing. When Trump first announced that he was running for the presidency he appeared on Infowars to tell Jones: “Your reputation is amazing. I will not let you down”, endorsing the host’s message that there was a secret liberal deep state cabal that controlled the world. In the months of campaigning that followed, when Trump shouted “Lock her up” of his opponent, Hillary Clinton, he knew he was preaching to the Infowars converted. On the morning after his inauguration, in 2017, Jones was among the first people Trump contacted to thank him for the help he had given.

The optimism that sees the events in the Capitol as the last chapter of that story, however, must be heavily tempered with the fear that rather than representing an endgame, it instead highlighted a first dramatic skirmish in a new kind of warfare. That contention is at the heart of a compelling book, The Storm Is Upon Us, to be published this week, by the California-based journalist Mike Rothschild. The book examines the internet-based conspiracies that led to the assault on the Capitol in forensic detail, in particular the story of QAnon, the obscure series of anonymous “prophecies” that became the declared philosophy of many of those who travelled from across the country intent on overturning Joe Biden’s election victory, the philosophy that even Jones thought was a conspiracy too far.

Rothschild’s book is a profoundly sobering read for anyone who retains faith in the inevitable progress of human reason, or a belief that in a free-speech environment where all opinions are given equal weight, Enlightenment views will necessarily prevail over violent untruths. It traces how a series of “data drops” from an anonymous poster QAnon – claiming to be a senior Pentagon insider – on the renegade internet platform 4chan came to be taken as prophetic gospels by thousands of disgruntled middle Americans staring at their screens.“

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... shmeWQU6Ao
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:58 am

That's the joke. Remember, msm tells us it's all MAGA/white supremacists as the largest threat to America. Lot's of Juneteenth violence due to MAGA/white supremacists this past weekend as well.
This is why commercial media thinks we are all stupid (and they are right 85% of the time)

The truth behind crimes against Asians is right at everyone's fingertips. It is called the Uniform Crime Report, published annually by the FBI. Any person who can read and filter by categories can see who commits the majority of violent or "hate"-like crimes against Asians.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:34 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Yep. That's it.

“Another, more widely optimistic, reading of Jones’s meltdown is the proposition that the destructive forces of alt right conspiracy are finally in retreat. It is hard to imagine the rise of Trump without the environment of outlandish falsehood that preceded him. If Fox News offered mainstream support to that war on reality, then Jones was a big part of its militia wing. When Trump first announced that he was running for the presidency he appeared on Infowars to tell Jones: “Your reputation is amazing. I will not let you down”, endorsing the host’s message that there was a secret liberal deep state cabal that controlled the world. In the months of campaigning that followed, when Trump shouted “Lock her up” of his opponent, Hillary Clinton, he knew he was preaching to the Infowars converted. On the morning after his inauguration, in 2017, Jones was among the first people Trump contacted to thank him for the help he had given.

The optimism that sees the events in the Capitol as the last chapter of that story, however, must be heavily tempered with the fear that rather than representing an endgame, it instead highlighted a first dramatic skirmish in a new kind of warfare. That contention is at the heart of a compelling book, The Storm Is Upon Us, to be published this week, by the California-based journalist Mike Rothschild. The book examines the internet-based conspiracies that led to the assault on the Capitol in forensic detail, in particular the story of QAnon, the obscure series of anonymous “prophecies” that became the declared philosophy of many of those who travelled from across the country intent on overturning Joe Biden’s election victory, the philosophy that even Jones thought was a conspiracy too far.

Rothschild’s book is a profoundly sobering read for anyone who retains faith in the inevitable progress of human reason, or a belief that in a free-speech environment where all opinions are given equal weight, Enlightenment views will necessarily prevail over violent untruths. It traces how a series of “data drops” from an anonymous poster QAnon – claiming to be a senior Pentagon insider – on the renegade internet platform 4chan came to be taken as prophetic gospels by thousands of disgruntled middle Americans staring at their screens.“

I think it's a vastly overrated "terror", much like the supremely overhyped "insurrection" that allegedly occurred on 1/6. People justify and gloss over the billions of dollars of damage and death in the past 18 months attributed to "an idea", but cower in fear from a group that represents less than 1/100th of 1% of the population.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

White men raised by single moms more likely to be incarcerated than black men raised by 2 parents. Not something that you'd expect if racism drives incarceration rates...

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:36 pm White men raised by single moms more likely to be incarcerated than black men raised by 2 parents. Not something that you'd expect if racism drives incarceration rates...

I’m no statistician but there seems to be something missing from these numbers to prove your point.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:44 am

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:47 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:34 pm

I think it's a vastly overrated "terror", much like the supremely overhyped "insurrection" that allegedly occurred on 1/6. People justify and gloss over the billions of dollars of damage and death in the past 18 months attributed to "an idea", but cower in fear from a group that represents less than 1/100th of 1% of the population.
There are some vaild points here but since you brought it it up, "but cower in fear from a group that represents less than 1/100th of 1% of the population." is an interesting position to take given that we've seen a group of men representing approximately 1% of the population start a war before and tear this country apart in 1860 and the alt-right loves to tag their trucks and gets tats' that suggest only 3% of the colonists fought against England.

Your posts seems to suggest that there is some number, some limit that would constitute taking something like the Jan6 Riot as something more. You seem to be downplaying it based on it's size (which is stupid, if you ask me).
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:17 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:47 pm

There are some vaild points here but since you brought it it up, "but cower in fear from a group that represents less than 1/100th of 1% of the population." is an interesting position to take given that we've seen a group of men representing approximately 1% of the population start a war before and tear this country apart in 1860 and the alt-right loves to tag their trucks and gets tats' that suggest only 3% of the colonists fought against England.

Your posts seems to suggest that there is some number, some limit that would constitute taking something like the Jan6 Riot as something more. You seem to be downplaying it based on it's size (which is stupid, if you ask me).
There's no number, and I'm not implying such. But we have an ACTUAL terroristic threat (ANTIFA) that's done billions in damage, caused multiple deaths, created chaos in many major US cities for MONTHS, and people who excuse that behavior write them off as "just an idea". Then we have an IMPLIED terrorist threat, that's done virtually ZERO damage in comparison (yes there's been some injuries and death associated with it over YEARS), created VERY little chaos, and it's viewed as "the number one terrorist threat in the US"....

Can you explain this? :? :? :?

Oh and THE HORROR!!! Tagging their trucks....when will the carnage ever stop??? :kisswink: :kisswink:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:01 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:17 am

There's no number, and I'm not implying such. But we have an ACTUAL terroristic threat (ANTIFA) that's done billions in damage, caused multiple deaths, created chaos in many major US cities for MONTHS, and people who excuse that behavior write them off as "just an idea". Then we have an IMPLIED terrorist threat, that's done virtually ZERO damage in comparison (yes there's been some injuries and death associated with it over YEARS), created VERY little chaos, and it's viewed as "the number one terrorist threat in the US"....

Oh and THE HORROR!!! Tagging their trucks....when will the carnage ever stop??? :kisswink: :kisswink:
You missed the point. :lol: Your bias is inhibiting your critical thinking. :kisswink: :kisswink: You're making the statement that there was a supposed "insurrection" by such a small group of people. I pointed out 2x in our history that a small group have had a major impact (ironically, both are idolized here in the South). I wouldn't say "virtually" zero damage. There have been lives lost and $1.5M in damages from the Jan 6 riot not to mention another tens of millions spent on security measures.

You're so focused on the size and the cost you're missing the point that these actions are taking place. Who cares if it was "virtually" zero - people died and were injured. That's already too much.

And Antifa is threat. There's no escaping that fact. Antifa / BLM are domestic terrorists. They may be fighting for equality but they're violent and dangerous. You can't be on the good and bad side of an issue.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:39 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:01 am

You missed the point. :lol: Your bias is inhibiting your critical thinking. :kisswink: :kisswink: You're making the statement that there was a supposed "insurrection" by such a small group of people. I pointed out 2x in our history that a small group have had a major impact (ironically, both are idolized here in the South). I wouldn't say "virtually" zero damage. There have been lives lost and $1.5M in damages from the Jan 6 riot not to mention another tens of millions spent on security measures.

You're so focused on the size and the cost you're missing the point that these actions are taking place. Who cares if it was "virtually" zero - people died and were injured. That's already too much.

And Antifa is threat. There's no escaping that fact. Antifa / BLM are domestic terrorists. They may be fighting for equality but they're violent and dangerous. You can't be on the good and bad side of an issue.
Well then stop burying the lede, motherfucker.

I call it a "supposed" insurrection because calling it an ACTUAL insurrection is a fucking joke. And the "virtually zero damages" is in relation to the multiple BILLIONS caused by those who "advocate" peace... :roll: :roll: :roll:

And here's another wakeup call: ANTIFA/BLM are NOT fighting for "equality". Not ever remotely.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:39 am You missed the point. :lol: Your bias is inhibiting your critical thinking. :kisswink: :kisswink: You're making the statement that there was a supposed "insurrection" by such a small group of people. I pointed out 2x in our history that a small group have had a major impact (ironically, both are idolized here in the South). I wouldn't say "virtually" zero damage. There have been lives lost and $1.5M in damages from the Jan 6 riot not to mention another tens of millions spent on security measures.

Well then stop burying the lede, motherfucker.

I call it a "supposed" insurrection because calling it an ACTUAL insurrection is a fucking joke. And the "virtually zero damages" is in relation to the multiple BILLIONS caused by those who "advocate" peace... :roll: :roll: :roll:

And here's another wakeup call: ANTIFA/BLM are NOT fighting for "equality". Not ever remotely.
I’ve written it 2x. Nothing is buried, sir