Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:My brother was an Explorer Scout. I didn’t go into it. My buddy did but ended up banging and dating the only girl. Then dropped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I played with the Explorers from about 16 until I left for college. We didn’t have girls in the troop... I don’t think they were allowed back then.

I liked Explorers... we just camped and canoed down the Dan River and hunted and fished. By the time I was 16 I was bored with my Scout troop and just did Explorers and Order of the Arrow shit... I liked the hazing

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:06 am It is. I learned a lot in scouts that I still use today. Learning to camp, build a fire, shoot, fish, first head, community service have all been useful tools. Simply knowing how to tie knots comes in handy often. We of course called, but we’d call out at reenactments, camp out in adverse weather like snow for badges, rock climbing, skiing, whitewater rafting, etc...

We had great leaders who my father remained friends with until his death. I don’t recal any leader being creepy. I don’t think the rednecks would’ve tolerated it. The guys I was in with, for the most part, were classmates and we still talk and get together to this day. Looking back - I cherish those times. It was just Dad and I and we had some fun, scary, memorable experiences. I’m proud to be an Eagle Scout.

Are you sure you didn't have any creepy leaders?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:30 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:06 am It is. I learned a lot in scouts that I still use today. Learning to camp, build a fire, shoot, fish, first head, community service have all been useful tools. Simply knowing how to tie knots comes in handy often. We of course called, but we’d call out at reenactments, camp out in adverse weather like snow for badges, rock climbing, skiing, whitewater rafting, etc...

We had great leaders who my father remained friends with until his death. I don’t recal any leader being creepy. I don’t think the rednecks would’ve tolerated it. The guys I was in with, for the most part, were classmates and we still talk and get together to this day. Looking back - I cherish those times. It was just Dad and I and we had some fun, scary, memorable experiences. I’m proud to be an Eagle Scout.

You know what....I saw that when I posted it. but then I got off the train and walked to the office and didn't have time to edit until now. :lol: :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:24 am
Ibanez wrote:My brother was an Explorer Scout. I didn’t go into it. My buddy did but ended up banging and dating the only girl. Then dropped out.

I played with the Explorers from about 16 until I left for college. We didn’t have girls in the troop... I don’t think they were allowed back then.

I liked Explorers... we just camped and canoed down the Dan River and hunted and fished. By the time I was 16 I was bored with my Scout troop and just did Explorers and Order of the Arrow shit... I liked the hazing

The OA shit was serious in the low country. My brother was OA, though looking back it was because all of his friends were so I suspect it had more to do with that and less with being a person that best exemplified the Scout Oath.

Now that i'm thinking about it...i'm pretty sure my brother blackballed me and I that's why I never got an invite. :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:24 am I played with the Explorers from about 16 until I left for college. We didn’t have girls in the troop... I don’t think they were allowed back then.

The OA shit was serious in the low country. My brother was OA, though looking back it was because all of his friends were so I suspect it had more to do with that and less with being a person that best exemplified the Scout Oath.

Now that i'm thinking about it...i'm pretty sure my brother blackballed me and I that's why I never got an invite. :lol:
OA was serious shit where I was and it had little to do with who you knew - more to do with could you take the Ordeal

We had a famously hard Ordeal - and troops would select you based on whether or not they thought you could make it through. If your troop got a rep for nominating pussies it would reflect poorly. So they tended to nominate the toughest cookies.

But if you were a dick, you wouldn’t get nominated, either. You needed to have a balance- of toughness, but you had to be nice, too. All the guys I stay in contact with who were OA from my council are now captains of industry, military leaders (general officers, admirals), a couple ministers/priests, etc
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:12 am
Ibanez wrote:

OA was serious shit where I was and it had little to do with who you knew - more to do with could you take the Ordeal

We had a famously hard Ordeal - and troops would select you based on whether or not they thought you could make it through. If your troop got a rep for nominating pussies it would reflect poorly. So they tended to nominate the toughest cookies.

But if you were a dick, you wouldn’t get nominated, either. You needed to have a balance- of toughness, but you had to be nice, too. All the guys I stay in contact with who were OA from my council are now captains of industry, military leaders (general officers, admirals), a couple ministers/priests, etc
I'm going to ask my brother about their Ordeal. I remember him telling me but that was 1997ish. :lol:

Of all the guys I remember being in OA, they're ordinary people. No leaders of the community, or their church. They work at for MUSC in IT, grunt work for a defense contractor or for some German engineering company. Nothing special. And a couple of them are great friends of mine/family. I would include myself in that - I don't do anything earth shattering.

I only know one guy that has made something of himself. He took the SC Lottery Money and got an Associates in business then turned his mobile vehicle tinting company that he began in HS into something real and has built 3 more businesses on top that.

I won't lie - each summer at Ho Non Wah, during the campfire I always wanted to be tapped out.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:30 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:06 am It is. I learned a lot in scouts that I still use today. Learning to camp, build a fire, shoot, fish, first head, community service have all been useful tools.
Reminds me of this scene:

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:12 am
Ibanez wrote:

All I remember about my OA Ordeal was trooping along a rocky road at night by torchlight and being bopped on the shoulder by some white guy in bad Indian regalia, whereby I was ordered to drop on the spot with my sleeping bag. Worst night’s sleep I ever had, other than my “sleep test” for my CPAP. Wimachtendienk, my ass.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:46 pm Image
:rofl:

(I enjoyed that movie quite a bit)
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:58 pm
Chizzang wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:46 pm Image
:rofl:

(I enjoyed that movie quite a bit)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Wes Anderson spoofs are far funnier than Wes Anderson movies.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:06 am It is. I learned a lot in scouts that I still use today. Learning to camp, build a fire, shoot, fish, first aid, community service have all been useful tools. Simply knowing how to tie knots comes in handy often. We of course called, but we’d call out at reenactments, camp out in adverse weather like snow for badges, rock climbing, skiing, whitewater rafting, etc...

We had great leaders who my father remained friends with until his death. I don’t recall any leader being creepy. I don’t think the rednecks would’ve tolerated it. The guys I was in with, for the most part, were classmates and we still talk and get together to this day. Looking back - I cherish those times. It was just Dad and I and we had some fun, scary, memorable experiences. I’m proud to be an Eagle Scout.

y'all had to join Scouts to learn that shit? That's called "childhood" in Montana.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Scouting is just bullshit you have to do between Pinewood Derbies.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Virginia striking N*qqer Hill from the map:

https://wtop.com/loudoun-county/2020/02 ... egro-hill/
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:17 pm Scouting is just bullshit you have to do between Pinewood Derbies.
Yeah, but that bullshit includes popping open some beers after the scouts fall asleep on a camping trip.
Key ingredient: Single moms.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

The New Turkmenistan Republican party

https://forensicnews.net/2020/02/20/flo ... kmenistan/
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:36 pm The New Turkmenistan Republican party

Those people have to be good for something.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

George Zimmerman has now sued Bootyitch and Liawatha for defamation, based on tweets those two made to commemorate Trayvon’s birthday. He’s seeking $250 million in damages. :jack:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:54 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:06 am It is. I learned a lot in scouts that I still use today. Learning to camp, build a fire, shoot, fish, first aid, community service have all been useful tools. Simply knowing how to tie knots comes in handy often. We of course called, but we’d call out at reenactments, camp out in adverse weather like snow for badges, rock climbing, skiing, whitewater rafting, etc...

We had great leaders who my father remained friends with until his death. I don’t recall any leader being creepy. I don’t think the rednecks would’ve tolerated it. The guys I was in with, for the most part, were classmates and we still talk and get together to this day. Looking back - I cherish those times. It was just Dad and I and we had some fun, scary, memorable experiences. I’m proud to be an Eagle Scout.

y'all had to join Scouts to learn that shit? That's called "childhood" in Montana.
Move along, Tom. :roll:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:48 am
Chizzang wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:36 pm The New Turkmenistan Republican party

The women have vagine like leave of wizard.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:16 am
Ivytalk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:48 am

The women have vagine like leave of wizard.
*sleeve
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:14 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:54 pm

OK, sensitive libtard. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:27 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:14 am
OK, sensitive libtard. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Listen here fat ass, some of us had to be born at sea level. :thumb: