Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
a better question is... what research is being done ..?
what team of financial and medical systems experts are working together
and studying the US healthcare landscape..?

:coffee:

I'll wait right here...

oh, and if you want to see a bi-partisan commission
with the worlds foremost experts all working together
take away politicians healthcare

:nod:
That’s quite a drift away from the original premise - that it would be “fixed” if Congresscritters had to utilize the ACA
Not a drift my friend it's a spot on match.. and you know I'm right
Congress only creates bi-partisan committees and research councils to solve problems they care about

and my original point still stands
Healthcare isn't going to get fixed by congress until we take away what THEY have
and force them to solve the problem

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Who or what were you trying to troll Mr. Just Joshin Ya?
I’m not trolling anybody

A response from you is Pavlovian, a given on any topic where apologies for Islamists and communists are available

I just pull you off the hook and throw you up on the bank to rot with the rest of the junk fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you posted a sophistic article, admitted to trolling, but now you aren’t?

Okey dokey, Just Joshin!

:lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I’m not trolling anybody

A response from you is Pavlovian, a given on any topic where apologies for Islamists and communists are available

I just pull you off the hook and throw you up on the bank to rot with the rest of the junk fish

Okey dokey, Just Joshin!

No, I didn't

I said you were easy to troll. In other words, it can be done without trying.

I pretty much take a knee jerk reply from you whenever criticisms of Islam or communism are mentioned as an operating cost. Like saying Trump and getting a JSO response.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
That’s quite a drift away from the original premise - that it would be “fixed” if Congresscritters had to utilize the ACA
Congress only creates bi-partisan committees and research councils to solve problems they care about

Healthcare isn't going to get fixed by congress until we take away what THEY have

I'll leave to Ganny to continue this obvious line of questioning since he does it better. I try not to follow too deep into the rabbit hole with populist oversimplifications

But you are not correct about a "fix" unless you mean this fix :

If Congress had to go on Obamacare they would not fix anything - they would just repeal or neuter Obamacare and we would go back to the status quo ante... with private or employer paid healthcare

which I would consider to be a "fix" and a good one - I doubt that is the "fix" you are thinking of though
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

Okey dokey, Just Joshin!

No, I didn't

I pretty much take a knee jerk reply from you whenever criticisms of Islam or communism are mentioned as an operating cost. Like saying Trump and getting a JSO response.

Ah...my bad. So then let's go back to the whining, snivelling article you felt worthy of posting (rather than trolling) that suggests any wealthy person is a hypocrite if they're ok with higher taxes and more spending on social programs if they don't give it all away.

Some might think that's illogical. It's not.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Quien es mas macho? CID, Klam, Chizzang, o Ricardo Montalban? :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
No, I didn't

Ah...my bad. So then let's go back to the whining, snivelling article you felt worthy of posting (rather than trolling) that suggests any wealthy person is a hypocrite if they're ok with higher taxes and more spending on social programs if they don't give it all away.

No, klam, that isn’t the point at all

It is king commie himself thinking that he actually has the right to the fruits of his labor - and quite clearly pointing that out when questioned about it

You don’t have to be defensive about this particular commie, klam... he has as many apologists as Trump

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

You're so over your skis on this one I'm shocked you haven't knocked yourself out from falling yet. You're basically saying the only way to come up with the best healthcare system is to take elected officials, most of whom have no medical/healthcare background whatsoever, deny them any healthcare at all (again, for their voluntary, elected position), and wait for them to just figure it out for us. Like some weird political Thunderdome game; like 535 elected officials enter, 1 perfect healthcare system for everyone leave kind of thing? You really don't believe that, do you? You have to be trolling here, that's so absurd. And I don't mean so absurd it's awesome like Gritty is, but just silly absurd.

Our healthcare system comes down to choice, and it's the choice we, as the collective electorate, make. If we want a single payer system then we'll vote it into place (and I think somewhere in the next decade we do just that). We don't have one yet because not enough of us have wanted one so far. There's no magic elixir out there, whatever healthcare system we end up with will be good and bad, just like it is everywhere else in the world, and its success (the outcomes) will be impinged on by lifestyle choices and behaviors of the population at large. There's no real solve the problem here, there's just different degrees of what we could want. But yes, go on propagating the silly idea that it's a tiny cabal of elected politicians are too comfy that is getting in the way of healthcare nirvana. And unicorns too. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
I respectfully disagree
If we changed our politicians healthcare to Obama care
Our national healthcare situation would get fixed in 36 months

Not if they want to keep their jobs -

That’s assuming that when you say “fix”, you mean one of the Democrats’ “fixes”.

(There is no fix that is politically possible now)

You could get insurance out ofbthe equation and prices would plummet in less than 6 months

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

You're so over your skis on this one I'm shocked you haven't knocked yourself out from falling yet. You're basically saying the only way to come up with the best healthcare system is to take elected officials, most of whom have no medical/healthcare background whatsoever, deny them any healthcare at all (again, for their voluntary, elected position), and wait for them to just figure it out for us. Like some weird political Thunderdome game; like 535 elected officials enter, 1 perfect healthcare system for everyone leave kind of thing? You really don't believe that, do you? You have to be trolling here, that's so absurd. And I don't mean so absurd it's awesome like Gritty is, but just silly absurd.

Our healthcare system comes down to choice, and it's the choice we, as the collective electorate, make. If we want a single payer system then we'll vote it into place (and I think somewhere in the next decade we do just that). We don't have one yet because not enough of us have wanted one so far. There's no magic elixir out there, whatever healthcare system we end up with will be good and bad, just like it is everywhere else in the world, and its success (the outcomes) will be impinged on by lifestyle choices and behaviors of the population at large. There's no real solve the problem here, there's just different degrees of what we could want. But yes, go on propagating the silly idea that it's a tiny cabal of elected politicians are too comfy that is getting in the way of healthcare nirvana. And unicorns too. :coffee:
None of this is even remotely what I'm suggesting...
you obviously haven't read or comprehended a word of my posts

I never suggested anybody in congress had a clue about our healthcare system
I never suggested there was a magical solution

I suggested that congress hasn't done anything about Obama Care
because they don't have to use Obama Care

and by "not done anything" I mean they haven't created any research committees or bi-partisan studies
so there's no accumulated data on the proper direction any new legislation should take
there is no hard information to even begin the process of "fixing"

and none is forthcoming
because there is no healthcare crisis as far as they're concerned
there is just big pharma and Group Health buying politicians to stand still and do nothing

I understand that you don't think it's political obstruction - like I do
and you can argue that all you want... but we're having two different conversations
Last edited by Chizzang on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

It is king commie himself thinking that he actually has the right to the fruits of his labor - and quite clearly pointing that out when questioned about it

You don’t have to be defensive about this particular commie, klam... he has as many apologists as Trump

Just stop. It’s a giant swing and miss - turd of an article.

It’s ok, I’ve posted a few too in my time.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

and by "not done anything" I mean they haven't created any research committees or bi-partisan studies
so there's no accumulated data on the proper direction any new legislation should take

and none is forthcoming
there is just big pharma and Group Health buying politicians to stand still and do nothing

and you can argue that all you want... but we're having two different conversations
Come on, that's even sillier than your first posts on this. Now politicians aren't doing anything because there isn't anything known about healthcare? There aren't many industries we don't know more about than healthcare, both in just this country and then even worldwide. And who's voting these politicians into office? If people want healthcare to be a major priority then they will elect people who will make healthcare a major priority. We get the government we want/deserve.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

and none is forthcoming

Come on, that's even sillier than your first posts on this. Now politicians aren't doing anything because there isn't anything known about healthcare? There aren't many industries we don't know more about than healthcare, both in just this country and then even worldwide. And who's voting these politicians into office? If people want healthcare to be a major priority then they will elect people who will make healthcare a major priority. We get the government we want/deserve.
Again ^ irrelevant...
It's not what I'm arguing

Voting politicians into office and getting the government we deserve isn't even a part of this conversation
You are having a conversation about something entirely different than any comments I made

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

[/b]
Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

and none is forthcoming

They would be correct then.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Bibi wins! (And this probably deserves it own thread).
https://news.yahoo.com/king-bibi-perenn ... 54335.html
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Again ^ irrelevant...

Voting politicians into office and getting the government we deserve isn't even a part of this conversation
You are having a conversation about something entirely different than any comments I made

Dude, you're dodging all over the place, it is what you're arguing no matter how many times you want to pretend it's not. You said if we gave politicians Obamacare today and make them live it them healthcare would be fixed because they would care about it then. That assumes, again, that a "fix" could actually exist, that assumes that they (the politicians) even have the wherewithal to manage the process to "fix" it (again, assuming it can even be "fixed"), and those assumptions completely undermine your premise that it's just an issue of politicians caring enough. Caring about it isn't the magic bullet keeping us from a perfect (or fixed) healthcare system.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Cleets is always right, just ask him.

Oh and THANKS for being here to educate all usn country folk!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Again ^ irrelevant...

Dude, you're dodging all over the place, it is what you're arguing no matter how many times you want to pretend it's not. You said if we gave politicians Obamacare today and make them live it them healthcare would be fixed because they would care about it then. That assumes, again, that a "fix" could actually exist, that assumes that they (the politicians) even have the wherewithal to manage the process to "fix" it (again, assuming it can even be "fixed"), and those assumptions completely undermine your premise that it's just an issue of politicians caring enough. Caring about it isn't the magic bullet keeping us from a perfect (or fixed) healthcare system.
Now that ^ is a good point...
And agreed, my premise is that if we forced them into a shit healthcare situation
They would band together (work together) to solve what now has become their problem

I believe they would work together
and I believe they would commission studies and bi-partisan committees

But to your point, that still MIGHT NOT work...
Fair enough, I concede

:ohno:

But to my point:
They aren't doing sh!t about it... and they don't care
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

BDKJMU wrote:[/b]
Chizzang wrote:

and none is forthcoming

So you're saying Obama Care is good then..?

:shock:

I wanna make sure I got this right
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Chizzang wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:[/b]

JFC, you are jumping all over the place on this topic. :roll: No. Saying there isn't a healthcare crisis isn't saying Obamacare is good. That's one giant leap you made there. :suspicious:
And the most onerous, and wrong part about Obamacare, was the Obamacare penalty which has been eliminated (for 2019 and on).

We have a # of healthcare problems in this country. But we don't have a crisis.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

BDKJMU wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

JFC, you are jumping all over the place on this topic. :roll: No. Saying there isn't a healthcare crisis isn't saying Obamacare is good. That's one giant leap you made there. :suspicious:
And the most onerous, and wrong part about Obamacare, was the Obamacare penalty which has been eliminated (for 2019 and on).

We have a # of healthcare problems in this country. But we don't have a crisis.

Seems like "perspective" but I'll take it on faith that we don't have a crisis

Half A Century Of The Health Care Crisis (And Still Going Strong)
https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.137 ... 7305/full/
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Gotta agree with Chizz.

You've got hospitals and private practices that have no incentive to keep costs low as long as insurance companies and medicare are paying the bills, and they're not only not concerned about price, some of them are more than happy to milk them for as much as they can.

The insurance companies just shrug their shoulders at all this and raise premiums because they know their policy holders aren't going to have any other choice but to pay up.

And some big corporations might get fed up with paying the costs of employees health care but care more about how much they have to pay rather than how expensive health care is.

No one wants to talk about why it's all so expensive instead of who is going to pay for it, because who stands to gain (besides patients) if costs get reasonable?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Just stop. It’s a giant swing and miss - turd of an article.

It’s ok, I’ve posted a few too in my time.

That’s your opinion - we all know you have one when it comes to the communists and the islamists, for sure

Poor Bernie - being questioned about his money. Good thing he has you, klam

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

and none is forthcoming

That’s better -

I could have sworn you said Congress would “fix” healthcare if they didn’t have the good stuff

BTW - I have the good stuff too (sorta)... as do millions and millions of other people. Single payer and “medicare for all” would take that away. Maybe we’re a part of the equation too?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

and none is forthcoming

That’s better -

I could have sworn you said Congress would “fix” healthcare if they didn’t have the good stuff

BTW - I have the good stuff too (sorta)... as do millions and millions of other people. Single payer and “medicare for all” would take that away. Maybe we’re a part of the equation too?

Indeed. Now...

Reconcile this post with our discussion about Bernie and your article...

(If this post was an intentional troll it’s fantastic by the way.)