Political discussions
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ivytalk »

89Hen wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:So 8-9 year old need to be given the option to be trans gendered? What a bunch of :dunce: running Montgomery Co schools..
It's not really that which bothers me as much as IMO this will lead to colleges doing it and then pretty soon they will start tracking their 'X' gender acceptance rates and will start issuing demands for more 'X' gender in their student bodies, and so begins another bastardization of college acceptance.

My kids are only four generations removed from Spain and Cuba. Should/could they have applied "Hispanic"? I know kids who are three generations removed who did. At least that can be quantified. How do you quantify gender?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:So 8-9 year old need to be given the option to be trans gendered? What a bunch of :dunce: running Montgomery Co schools..
It's not really that which bothers me as much as IMO this will lead to colleges doing it and then pretty soon they will start tracking their 'X' gender acceptance rates and will start issuing demands for more 'X' gender in their student bodies, and so begins another bastardization of college acceptance.

My kids are only four generations removed from Spain and Cuba. Should/could they have applied "Hispanic"? I know kids who are three generations removed who did. At least that can be quantified. How do you quantify gender?
Gender is not the same as sex. It is self identification and should not be codified.

(Preaches to the choir)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: It's not really that which bothers me as much as IMO this will lead to colleges doing it and then pretty soon they will start tracking their 'X' gender acceptance rates and will start issuing demands for more 'X' gender in their student bodies, and so begins another bastardization of college acceptance.

Gender is not the same as sex. It is self identification and should not be codified.

(Preaches to the choir)
Gender is a fictional construct. That's my point.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
FYP

:P
Those too for sandals and work.

Soft Science for golf and fishing.

:mrgreen:
And here I am wearing Keens, Tevas and Inov8's hoping to fit in in the rugged PNW when I should have just bought Birkies, Crocs and Sketchers?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Jazz Shaw interviews Deep Prasad about quantum computing, exotic materials, and the flying Tic Tacs:

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2 ... materials/

Wild but highly interesting stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: It's not really that which bothers me as much as IMO this will lead to colleges doing it and then pretty soon they will start tracking their 'X' gender acceptance rates and will start issuing demands for more 'X' gender in their student bodies, and so begins another bastardization of college acceptance.

(Preaches to the choir)
Then why are males who have male sex chromosomes allowed to compete on the same playing field as females who have female sex chromosomes just because they "identify" as a different gender?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote:
kalm wrote:

(Preaches to the choir)
Then why are males who have male sex chromosomes allowed to compete on the same playing field as females who have female sex chromosomes just because they "identify" as a different gender?
They shouldn't be.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

https://thefederalist.com/2019/08/14/so ... ropaganda/
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:

https://thefederalist.com/2019/08/14/so ... ropaganda/
Believe me, I know first hand how that goes. It will be an easy transformation into letting fictitious genders guide their acceptances. :nod:
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
Baldy wrote: Then why are males who have male sex chromosomes allowed to compete on the same playing field as females who have female sex chromosomes just because they "identify" as a different gender?
They shouldn't be.
Careful or you'll lose your Progressive card for failure to display appropriate amounts of wokeness. :D
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... nship.html
Children born to U.S. service members and government employees overseas will no longer be automatically considered citizens of the United States, according to a policy alert issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on Wednesday.
Overwhelmingly affects legal immigrants serving in the military/gov't (aka. Hispanics).

But Trump's not racist... :coffee:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

∞∞∞ wrote:https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... nship.html
Children born to U.S. service members and government employees overseas will no longer be automatically considered citizens of the United States, according to a policy alert issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on Wednesday.
Overwhelmingly affects legal immigrants serving in the military/gov't (aka. Hispanics).

I figured that is who it is aimed at.

He's been deported the soldiers, as well.
:thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

You get some leave, head to the bars, hook up with a member of the Swedish Bikini Team, she gets pregnant, has a baby in Europe, and somehow it's an American citizen?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

CAA Flagship wrote:

You get some leave, head to the bars, hook up with a member of the Swedish Bikini Team, she gets pregnant, has a baby in Europe, and somehow it's an American citizen?
Why shouldn't it be?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

5 year anniversary of the biggest scandal to rock the Obama White House
Spoiler: show
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Skjellyfetti wrote:5 year anniversary of the biggest scandal to rock the Obama White House

How far we have fallen in 5 years.

Or at least the GOP
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

dbackjon wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: You get some leave, head to the bars, hook up with a member of the Swedish Bikini Team, she gets pregnant, has a baby in Europe, and somehow it's an American citizen?
Why shouldn't it be?
Well then that brings up the question of whether a child is more tied to the mother or the father.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

CAA Flagship wrote:
dbackjon wrote:
Why shouldn't it be?
Well then that brings up the question of whether a child is more tied to the mother or the father.
To quote the great Dave Chappelle... :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:5 year anniversary of the biggest scandal to rock the Obama White House
:rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, THAT was it... :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:

(Preaches to the choir)
Well then I’m going to start identifying as a non-binary gay black individual once reparations start rolling in...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

(Preaches to the choir)
Well then I’m going to start identifying as a non-binary gay black individual once reparations start rolling in...
I thought you already did?

:suspicious:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

(Preaches to the choir)
Just start identifying as Italian. It will get you three-quarters of the way there. 8-)
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Now that this has basically been proven to be false, I was looking for the correction on this thread...but failed to find it...

Hmmmmmm???

:roll:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Col Hogan wrote:

Now that this has basically been proven to be false, I was looking for the correction on this thread...but failed to find it...

Hmmmmmm???:
What correction? It's f*cking racist.

It only affects non-citizens serving in the U.S. military and gov't, most of which are in fact Hispanic.

Conservatives can justify it however they want, but it's a targeted, racist, change.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:

Hmmmmmm???:
What correction? It's f*cking racist.

It only affects non-citizens serving in the U.S. military and gov't, most of which are in fact Hispanic.

Conservatives can justify it however they want, but it's a targeted, racist, change.
I'm not saying you're wrong but why should the children of NON CITIZENS become CITIZENS when they are born in a country not named the United States of America? :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17