Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 35169
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote:He knows one thing: He's living rent free in all your heads. :lol:
:rofl: :rofl: :notworthy: :notworthy:

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17842
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

CAA Flagship wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:He knows one thing: He's living rent free in all your heads. :lol:
:rofl: :rofl: :notworthy: :notworthy:
That's fine. We SHOULD be concerned about having somebody like that in that position. Having someone like that as President of the United States is a big problem.

If I woke up tomorrow and the news was that an asteroid is heading for Earth impact that would be in my head. And it should be.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51981
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:He knows one thing: He's living rent free in all your heads. :lol:
Right next to AOC in the minds of "conservatives" and "republicans." :thumb:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10329
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by ∞∞∞ »

https://www.newsweek.com/king-trump-gop ... op-1361192
More than a dozen Republican senators introduced new legislation seeking to put a cap on presidential emergency powers, days before they were expected to vote on a measure against President Donald Trump's national emergency declaration on immigration.

In a statement introducing the legislation, Senator Mike Lee of Utah said he spearheaded the bill in a bid to stop a president from "acting like a king [by] taking back the legislative powers that allow him to do so." The new bill, he said, "will go a long way to restoring the balance of powers in our republic."

...While Lee's measure would not affect Trump's current national emergency declaration, it would apply to future declarations.
:roll:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51981
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:https://www.newsweek.com/king-trump-gop ... op-1361192
More than a dozen Republican senators introduced new legislation seeking to put a cap on presidential emergency powers, days before they were expected to vote on a measure against President Donald Trump's national emergency declaration on immigration.

In a statement introducing the legislation, Senator Mike Lee of Utah said he spearheaded the bill in a bid to stop a president from "acting like a king [by] taking back the legislative powers that allow him to do so." The new bill, he said, "will go a long way to restoring the balance of powers in our republic."

...While Lee's measure would not affect Trump's current national emergency declaration, it would apply to future declarations.
:roll:
They have to vote on his emergency declaration anyway, in fact aren't they doing that today?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51956
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :notworthy: :notworthy:
That's fine. We SHOULD be concerned about having somebody like that in that position. Having someone like that as President of the United States is a big problem.

If I woke up tomorrow and the news was that an asteroid is heading for Earth impact that would be in my head. And it should be.
What in the actual fuck?

Put down the acid, John. :dunce: :dunce: :suspicious:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 35781
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:01 pm
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ
Location: BSC

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Grizalltheway »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
That's fine. We SHOULD be concerned about having somebody like that in that position. Having someone like that as President of the United States is a big problem.

If I woke up tomorrow and the news was that an asteroid is heading for Earth impact that would be in my head. And it should be.
What in the actual fuck?

Put down the acid, John. :dunce: :dunce: :suspicious:
Shall we go back and dig up some of your hand wringing about Obama and how he was going to destroy life as we know it? :roll:

User avatar
Winterborn
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2144
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:He knows one thing: He's living rent free in all your heads. :lol:
Right next to AOC in the minds of "conservatives" and "republicans." :thumb:
I would have to give the edge to the conservatives/republicans. Miss perky tits would make a much better roommate than Trump. As long as you could get used to her eating your food out of the refrigerator and her "borrowing" your stuff from time to time.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

"Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams.” - Anon

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23801
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ivytalk »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Oooh oooh, today he's play aeronautical engineer! :lol:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... e-my-pilot
Image
Chizzang’s in the cockpit?

No homo.
“I’m just dealing with reality.” — JohnStOnge 12/19/19

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12541
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by css75 »

http://time.com/5551140/italy-rape-ugly-masculine/

Interesting case


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12541
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Ah. The ole Trump Defense.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11468
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Col Hogan »

Trump to host “Who Wants To Be A Cabinet Secretary?” to find next secretary of defense
The White House is negotiating a reality television show with producer Mark Burnett to identify the next secretary of defense nominee with President Donald Trump set to host, sources confirmed today.

The show, titled “Who Wants To Be A Defense Secretary?” will pit contestant against each other as they vie for the job of leading the U.S. military. Patrick Shanahan has been acting secretary of defense since January 1, 2019, and the White House must nominate a permanent appointee for Senate approval.
https://www.duffelblog.com/2019/03/trum ... 6b6288eb26
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16002
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by BDKJMU »

5 charged in MS-13-linked slaying of Va. teen who was stabbed 100 times, burned

Five people, including two teens, have been arrested in the slaying of a Virginia teen who was stabbed 100 times before his body was dumped in a remote area of Stafford County, Virginia, and set on fire last weekend.

Prince George’s County police said the killing was carried out by members of a clique affiliated with the MS-13 gang.

Police said they believe 16-year-old Jacson Pineda-Chicas, of Falls Church, Virginia, was stabbed to death during a group attack inside the home of a suspected MS-13 gang leader in Landover Hills, Maryland....”
https://wtop.com/local/2019/03/5-charge ... es-burned/

Animals. Oh wait...
Image

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4655
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by mainejeff »

BDKJMU wrote:5 charged in MS-13-linked slaying of Va. teen who was stabbed 100 times, burned

Five people, including two teens, have been arrested in the slaying of a Virginia teen who was stabbed 100 times before his body was dumped in a remote area of Stafford County, Virginia, and set on fire last weekend.

Prince George’s County police said the killing was carried out by members of a clique affiliated with the MS-13 gang.

Police said they believe 16-year-old Jacson Pineda-Chicas, of Falls Church, Virginia, was stabbed to death during a group attack inside the home of a suspected MS-13 gang leader in Landover Hills, Maryland....”
https://wtop.com/local/2019/03/5-charge ... es-burned/

Animals. Oh wait...
Image
When White Supremacists Target the Black Elderly

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/ ... roger.html

Image
Last edited by mainejeff on Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4655
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by mainejeff »

White Supremacist Pleads Guilty In Fatal Sword Stabbing Of Black Man

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/23/68804571 ... with-sword

Image
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4655
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by mainejeff »

Officials still don't know why a white man allegedly stabbed a black woman to death in a subway station

Image

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/27/us/nia-w ... index.html
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 24226
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Gil Dobie »

Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4655
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by mainejeff »

Gil Dobie wrote:Image
Which is perfectly legal......until you murder someone.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 24226
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Image
Which is perfectly legal......until you murder someone.

:coffee:
Well you may be okay with racism but I would recommend a diversity education program, and a hug from someone that is different than you. You may find racism is not your answer.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4655
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by mainejeff »

Gil Dobie wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
Which is perfectly legal......until you murder someone.

:coffee:
Well you may be okay with racism but I would recommend a diversity education program, and a hug from someone that is different than you. You may find racism is not your answer.
How's that #FakeClimateChange working out for y'all in the "Heartland"?

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 24226
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Well you may be okay with racism but I would recommend a diversity education program, and a hug from someone that is different than you. You may find racism is not your answer.
How's that #FakeClimateChange working out for y'all in the "Heartland"?

:coffee:
Climate change is affecting a lot, I thought you believe in Climate change? MJ not believing in Climate change is surprising to me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4655
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by mainejeff »

Gil Dobie wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
How's that #FakeClimateChange working out for y'all in the "Heartland"?

:coffee:
Climate change is affecting a lot, I thought you believe in Climate change? MJ not believing in Climate change is surprising to me.
So you don't support Trump's assertion that climate change is fake? Shame on you!
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 24226
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Climate change is affecting a lot, I thought you believe in Climate change? MJ not believing in Climate change is surprising to me.
So you don't support Trump's assertion that climate change is fake? Shame on you!
I'm not a partisan hack like some people from the Pine Tree State. The last 6 elections I voted Rep 2, Dem 1, Indy 3 times.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 43467
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
So you don't support Trump's assertion that climate change is fake? Shame on you!
I'm not a partisan hack like some people from the Pine Tree State. The last 6 elections I voted Rep 2, Dem 1, Indy 3 times.
I didn’t know Maine was the Pine Tree State. That’s kind of BS. I see a ton of Maples and oaks. Sure there are a few pines but I don’t see any pondersosas....

:ohno:
Image
Image
Image

Post Reply