Page 115 of 171

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:59 am
by Col Hogan
Have I missed this news before...that Mexico has a pirate issue in the Gulf???

Pirates attack Gulf of Mexico oil rig, lock up crew and loot the contents

Pirates attacked and plundered an oil rig last Sunday in the Gulf of Mexico, locking up the crew while they looked for loot.

Witnesses said at least six men armed with guns and knives boarded the rig at 9:30pm and proceeded directly to the third floor to wake up the crew. After locking up workers in the cafeteria, the thieves wandered freely, looting equipment, materials, money and anything of value they could carry.

The pirates departed at 4:00 am on Monday, when the rig’s captain sent an emergency alert to authorities. The navy responded 4 1/2 hours later. The crew and company lawyers have spent this week in interviews and taking inventory of damaged or stolen items, which have still not been fully identified.


https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/pirate ... R5yIpdAO-E

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 am
by Chizzang
Michael Cohen’s Last Days of Freedom...

The Presidents 20 year fixer
and permanently on staff top lawyer
has just settled into the reality of where he's going to spend the next few decades

:nod:

Buddy up to Trump at your own risk

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:22 pm
by 93henfan

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:28 pm
by Pwns
They couldn't find a single white person to talk to? What a bigoted news outlet showing caricatures of black people
:ohno:

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:47 pm
by CID1990
Chizzang wrote:Michael Cohen’s Last Days of Freedom...

The Presidents 20 year fixer
and permanently on staff top lawyer
has just settled into the reality of where he's going to spend the next few decades

:nod:

Buddy up to Trump at your own risk


That’s absolutely true.

But you do need to be ethically challenged in the first place, too




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:11 am
by SeattleGriz
Today show gets fooled by Dick Chmeller and his cuck story over vegan lasagna.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/05/ ... reenshots/

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:54 pm
by UNI88
https://digitaledition.chicagotribune.c ... 943e58b4c5

The Smollett story keeps going and is a great example of Chicago and Donk Machine politics.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:30 am
by Winterborn
Have seen some other sources that say that China may loose up to 30% of their hog production this year and will have to import the difference. This topic maybe one of the reasons Trump put his China-U.S. trade tweets out this weekend as more information is being learned on how bad it is.

The U.S, Germany, and Spain are the big three exporters of pork, with the U.S. having a 50ish% tariff put on by China. Plus Canada's two main pork exporters had their import license suspended due to Wanzhou (Huawei CFO) being arrested in Vancouver.


China is desperately struggling to fill a market gap that could see as many as 200 million pigs lost to disease or slaughter, according to a worst-case scenario study from Rabobank, with African swine fever ripping through all 31 of its autonomous regions and provinces, from Tibet in the west to the tropical island of Hainan in the south, within just nine months.


https://www.scmp.com/economy/global-economy/article/3008729/chinas-african-swine-fever-outbreak-and-us-trade-war-combine


Stock tip for last month, buy pork futures. :nod:

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:19 am
by BDKJMU
A day late to be posting this:
Image

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:56 am
by CID1990
Attacks on NYC Jews increasing under Trump:

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/05/07 ... -brooklyn/

Those Nazis are everywhere

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:03 am
by Ibanez
The Boston Beer Company (SAM) — makers of the Samuel Adams beer brand and the second largest craft brewer in the United States — and Delaware-based brewer Dogfish Head Craft Brewery said Thursday that they plan to merge the companies in a deal valued at more than $300 million.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/09/business ... index.html

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:33 am
by Ivytalk
Ibanez wrote:
The Boston Beer Company (SAM) — makers of the Samuel Adams beer brand and the second largest craft brewer in the United States — and Delaware-based brewer Dogfish Head Craft Brewery said Thursday that they plan to merge the companies in a deal valued at more than $300 million.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/09/business ... index.html

:cry:

There goes the neighborhood.

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:43 am
by 89Hen
Ivytalk wrote:

:cry:

There goes the neighborhood.

Meh, DFH hadn't been good in many years. Only in the last 6-12 months have they gotten back to actually making new and different beers. The previous 5-7 years they became very stale and got lapped by a lot of other breweries.

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:39 pm
by Pwns
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... -deal.html

Where's the adult in this story?

1. Metro employee eats in plain view of passengers who would get in trouble if they were doing the same thing.

2. Woman passenger feels the need to tattle tale on that employee.

3. Idiots on twitter cry racism, review bomb that woman passenger's book which is pending publishing, and hypocritically complain they're trying to harm someone else's livelihood.

4. Cowardly publishing company backs down from publishing book.

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:32 am
by kalm
Pwns wrote:https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/05/woman-reports-employee-eating-may-lose-book-deal.html

Where's the adult in this story?

1. Metro employee eats in plain view of passengers who would get in trouble if they were doing the same thing.

2. Woman passenger feels the need to tattle tale on that employee.

3. Idiots on twitter cry racism, review bomb that woman passenger's book which is pending publishing, and hypocritically complain they're trying to harm someone else's livelihood.

4. Cowardly publishing company backs down from publishing book.


Great question and actually quite loaded.

Back in the day, we admired people for “getting away with it”. See Ferris Bueller. Now it creates national headlines.

And what if the employee is prone to getting the hangries? Do we as a society lack sympathy for that devastating affliction?

I hate the author, the twitter police, AND the publisher.

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:36 am
by CID1990
I’m OK with the author getting her ass handed to her. Complain directly to the DC Metro. Don’t broadcast that crap on social media

On the other side of the coin... the DC Metro is a dumpster fire nepotistic make-work program for Anacostia. If you criticize anyone who works for Metro, you’re a racist. They’l jack your ass for eating on the train... and they are public employees. So the cop running a red light analogy is correct.

It is really hard to have sympathy for either of them, but it looks like the only real consequences went to the author because she tried to shame a black woman


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:01 am
by Ibanez
Pwns wrote:https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/05/woman-reports-employee-eating-may-lose-book-deal.html

Where's the adult in this story?

1. Metro employee eats in plain view of passengers who would get in trouble if they were doing the same thing.

2. Woman passenger feels the need to tattle tale on that employee.

3. Idiots on twitter cry racism, review bomb that woman passenger's book which is pending publishing, and hypocritically complain they're trying to harm someone else's livelihood.

4. Cowardly publishing company backs down from publishing book.

I wonder if the author could sue to have those reviews removed as well as sue for defamation?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:17 am
by UNI88
CID1990 wrote:I’m OK with the author getting her ass handed to her. Complain directly to the DC Metro. Don’t broadcast that crap on social media

On the other side of the coin... the DC Metro is a dumpster fire nepotistic make-work program for Anacostia. If you criticize anyone who works for Metro, you’re a racist. They’l jack your ass for eating on the train... and they are public employees. So the cop running a red light analogy is correct.

It is really hard to have sympathy for either of them, but it looks like the only real consequences went to the author because she tried to shame a black woman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


CID's spot on. Using social media on this one is like touching the third rail, you're not going to get burned.

Is it ironic or hypocritical that the "idiots on twitter" harmed the author's livelihood?

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:50 am
by 93henfan
Didn't see it discussed anywhere else; apologies if it was.

Boston Beer (i.e. Sam Adams) bought out Dogfish Head for $300M:

https://www.eater.com/2019/5/10/18564328/boston-beer-company-dogfish-head-craft-brewery-merger

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:22 pm
by 89Hen
93henfan wrote:Didn't see it discussed anywhere else; apologies if it was.

Boston Beer (i.e. Sam Adams) bought out Dogfish Head for $300M:

About 7 posts above. Nobody seems to care.

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:30 pm
by Chizzang
89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:Didn't see it discussed anywhere else; apologies if it was.

Boston Beer (i.e. Sam Adams) bought out Dogfish Head for $300M:

About 7 posts above. Nobody seems to care.

Free Market... why should anybody care

Cable Companies did this 20 years ago (wheeee !!!)

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:37 pm
by 89Hen
Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote:About 7 posts above. Nobody seems to care.

Free Market... why should anybody care

Cable Companies did this 20 years ago (wheeee !!!)

:suspicious: I'm talking about caring from a beer standpoint, not a business one.

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:16 pm
by Chizzang
89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:Free Market... why should anybody care

Cable Companies did this 20 years ago (wheeee !!!)

:suspicious: I'm talking about caring from a beer standpoint, not a business one.



me too... :nod:

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:30 pm
by 89Hen
Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: :suspicious: I'm talking about caring from a beer standpoint, not a business one.



me too... :nod:

Then you've lost me. If you're a fan of DFH or Sam you should care. Unless they leave each other completely autonomous, one of them is going to be in for change, and why merge if you are going to stay autonomous?

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:14 pm
by CID1990
89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

me too... :nod:

Then you've lost me. If you're a fan of DFH or Sam you should care. Unless they leave each other completely autonomous, one of them is going to be in for change, and why merge if you are going to stay autonomous?


I stopped viewing them as craft breweries years ago so to me this is basically “Yuengling buys Coors”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk