Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 41878
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby kalm » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:27 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Gender is not the same as sex. It is self identification and should not be codified.

(Preaches to the choir)


Well then I’m going to start identifying as a non-binary gay black individual once reparations start rolling in...


I thought you already did?

:suspicious:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34115
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby CAA Flagship » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:34 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Gender is not the same as sex. It is self identification and should not be codified.

(Preaches to the choir)


Well then I’m going to start identifying as a non-binary gay black individual once reparations start rolling in...

Just start identifying as Italian. It will get you three-quarters of the way there. 8-)

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11361
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Col Hogan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:03 am

∞∞∞ wrote:https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/08/28/children-us-troops-born-overseas-will-no-longer-get-automatic-american-citizenship.html

Children born to U.S. service members and government employees overseas will no longer be automatically considered citizens of the United States, according to a policy alert issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on Wednesday.

Overwhelmingly affects legal immigrants serving in the military/gov't (aka. Hispanics).

But Trump's not racist... :coffee:


Now that this has basically been proven to be false, I was looking for the correction on this thread...but failed to find it...

Hmmmmmm???

:roll:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10022
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby ∞∞∞ » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:19 am

Col Hogan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/08/28/children-us-troops-born-overseas-will-no-longer-get-automatic-american-citizenship.html


Overwhelmingly affects legal immigrants serving in the military/gov't (aka. Hispanics).

But Trump's not racist... :coffee:


Now that this has basically been proven to be false, I was looking for the correction on this thread...but failed to find it...

Hmmmmmm???:

What correction? It's f*cking racist.

It only affects non-citizens serving in the U.S. military and gov't, most of which are in fact Hispanic.

Conservatives can justify it however they want, but it's a targeted, racist, change.

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 50621
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Ibanez » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:12 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
Now that this has basically been proven to be false, I was looking for the correction on this thread...but failed to find it...

Hmmmmmm???:

What correction? It's f*cking racist.

It only affects non-citizens serving in the U.S. military and gov't, most of which are in fact Hispanic.

Conservatives can justify it however they want, but it's a targeted, racist, change.
I'm not saying you're wrong but why should the children of NON CITIZENS become CITIZENS when they are born in a country not named the United States of America? :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11361
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Col Hogan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:16 pm

∞∞∞ wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
Now that this has basically been proven to be false, I was looking for the correction on this thread...but failed to find it...

Hmmmmmm???:

What correction? It's f*cking racist.

It only affects non-citizens serving in the U.S. military and gov't, most of which are in fact Hispanic.

Conservatives can justify it however they want, but it's a targeted, racist, change.


You don’t read very well, and have no prof that mot non-citizens in the military and government are in fact Hispanic...

You are talking out of your own racist asshole...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21041
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby CID1990 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:17 pm

∞∞∞ wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
Now that this has basically been proven to be false, I was looking for the correction on this thread...but failed to find it...

Hmmmmmm???:

What correction? It's f*cking racist.

It only affects non-citizens serving in the U.S. military and gov't, most of which are in fact Hispanic.

Conservatives can justify it however they want, but it's a targeted, racist, change.


No, it doesn’t affect minorities any more than any other group, and I already clarified that.

It affects military and government parents who have children born abroad.

Remember this next time you’re scoffing at low information Trumpers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17809
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Chizzang » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:18 pm

US spies say Trump's G7 performance suggests he's either a 'Russian asset' or a 'useful idiot' for Putin


https://www.businessinsider.com/spies-r ... reddit.com
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21041
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby CID1990 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:19 pm

Ibanez wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:What correction? It's f*cking racist.

It only affects non-citizens serving in the U.S. military and gov't, most of which are in fact Hispanic.

Conservatives can justify it however they want, but it's a targeted, racist, change.
I'm not saying you're wrong but why should the children of NON CITIZENS become CITIZENS when they are born in a country not named the United States of America? :coffee:


They can’t unless they are born in the US. LPR’s do not convey citizenship. The path to citizenship for children of LPRs is unchanged and remains the same under the INA.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12273
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:22 pm

Chizzang wrote:US spies say Trump's G7 performance suggests he's either a 'Russian asset' or a 'useful idiot' for Putin


https://www.businessinsider.com/spies-r ... reddit.com


por que no los dos?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2220
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby css75 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:25 pm

∞∞∞ wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
Now that this has basically been proven to be false, I was looking for the correction on this thread...but failed to find it...

Hmmmmmm???:

What correction? It's f*cking racist.

It only affects non-citizens serving in the U.S. military and gov't, most of which are in fact Hispanic.

Conservatives can justify it however they want, but it's a targeted, racist, change.



You do know that the people who scream racism are they themselves the racists, think about it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2220
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby css75 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:26 pm

Chizzang wrote:US spies say Trump's G7 performance suggests he's either a 'Russian asset' or a 'useful idiot' for Putin


https://www.businessinsider.com/spies-r ... reddit.com



Ok, Jelly Jr.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17809
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Chizzang » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:37 pm

css75 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:US spies say Trump's G7 performance suggests he's either a 'Russian asset' or a 'useful idiot' for Putin


https://www.businessinsider.com/spies-r ... reddit.com



Ok, Jelly Jr.


Hear me out... I'm spitballin

The liar and deceiver who claims to be the new prophet (The chosen one)
Tricking Christians into following him, leading them to directly defy God's will
while professing the opposite...

He is the physical manifestation of the seven deadly sins
and the more depraved and evil he acts, the more they love him and defend him

:lol:

The End Times are near
a pale horse named death
and hell will follow me
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21041
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby CID1990 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:40 pm

Chizzang wrote:
css75 wrote:

Ok, Jelly Jr.


Hear me out... I'm spitballin

The liar and deceiver who claims to be the new prophet (The chosen one)
Tricking Christians into following him, leading them to directly defy God's will
while professing the opposite...

He is the physical manifestation of the seven deadly sins
and the more depraved and evil he acts, the more they love him and defend him

:lol:

The End Times are near


That’s a good take, and one you’ve made many times

It sort of reminds me of you...

Decrying mortals who want to tell us what God thinks as you tell us what God thinks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17809
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Chizzang » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:44 pm

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Hear me out... I'm spitballin

The liar and deceiver who claims to be the new prophet (The chosen one)
Tricking Christians into following him, leading them to directly defy God's will
while professing the opposite...

He is the physical manifestation of the seven deadly sins
and the more depraved and evil he acts, the more they love him and defend him

:lol:

The End Times are near


That’s a good take, and one you’ve made many times

It sort of reminds me of you...

Decrying mortals who want to tell us what God thinks as you tell us what God thinks



Dude!!!
fore I have read the scripture and knoweth what the lord will have us do

:nod:

Do as I say and not as I do (a do do do)
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5432
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby UNI88 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:14 pm

Chizzang wrote:
css75 wrote:

Ok, Jelly Jr.


Hear me out... I'm spitballin

The liar and deceiver who claims to be the new prophet (The chosen one)
Tricking Christians into following him, leading them to directly defy God's will
while professing the opposite...

He is the physical manifestation of the seven deadly sins
and the more depraved and evil he acts, the more they love him and defend him



The End Times are near
a pale horse named death
and hell will follow me
I think Trump's more like Loki.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21041
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby CID1990 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:39 pm

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
That’s a good take, and one you’ve made many times

It sort of reminds me of you...

Decrying mortals who want to tell us what God thinks as you tell us what God thinks



Dude!!!
fore I have read the scripture and knoweth what the lord will have us do

:nod:

Do as I say and not as I do (a do do do)


I’m telling you-

Trump is the sinful warrior for Christ.

Christian history and the Bible itself is full of them


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12273
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:14 pm

without redemption? examples?

there are saints who were prostitutes, thieves, and satanists, but (at least according to their hagiography) were redeemed and led pious lives after.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17809
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Chizzang » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:18 pm

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Dude!!!
fore I have read the scripture and knoweth what the lord will have us do

:nod:

Do as I say and not as I do (a do do do)


I’m telling you-

Trump is the sinful warrior for Christ.

Christian history and the Bible itself is full of them



At least we agree he is the Chosen One...

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21041
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby CID1990 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:20 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:without redemption? examples?

there are saints who were prostitutes, thieves, and satanists, but (at least according to their hagiography) were redeemed and led pious lives after.



He isn't redeemed yet!

And this is part of a larger ongoing conversation Clitz and I have had and it is mostly tongue in cheek. You were off peddling some conspiracy theory and must have missed it

So go bite somebody else's ankles you fvcking midget
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 22679
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Ivytalk » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:04 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:without redemption? examples?

there are saints who were prostitutes, thieves, and satanists, but (at least according to their hagiography) were redeemed and led pious lives after.

And since when have you started reading “hagiography” of any kind, SmellyBelly? And unauthorized bios of Clinton and Obama don’t count.

Next thing you know, you’ll be telling us that you went to Catholic school, and were an altar boy, and a special emissary to the Vatican. :coffee:
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12273
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:55 am

Catholics aren't the only ones with saints.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 22679
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Ivytalk » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:02 am

Yeah, Episcopalians have them, the Orthodox Church has them, etc. I don’t associate you with any particular variety of religious fervor.
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 41878
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby kalm » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:40 am

Chizzang wrote:US spies say Trump's G7 performance suggests he's either a 'Russian asset' or a 'useful idiot' for Putin


https://www.businessinsider.com/spies-r ... reddit.com


That makes no sense whatsoever. It's already been proven Trump owes nothing to Russia.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 22679
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby Ivytalk » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:47 am

Chizzang wrote:US spies say Trump's G7 performance suggests he's either a 'Russian asset' or a 'useful idiot' for Putin


https://www.businessinsider.com/spies-r ... reddit.com

“One Russian asset in Trump’s inner circle.”

I nominate that slimeball Stephen Miller. He’s got KGB written all over his face.
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 74 guests