Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53433
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
Classy move by Bennett. :clap:
Plus he's made all that money on his music...so, does he REALLY need more? :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7812
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Classy move by Bennett. :clap:
Plus he's made all that money on his music...so, does he REALLY need more? :coffee: :coffee:
And don't forget the money he made playing for the Packers and Colts.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53624
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Classy move by Bennett. :clap:
Plus he's made all that money on his music...so, does he REALLY need more? :coffee: :coffee:
That's very true. He has had a successful musical career.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53433
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Plus he's made all that money on his music...so, does he REALLY need more? :coffee: :coffee:
And don't forget the money he made playing for the Packers and Colts.
See? Because of his successful music career I COMPLETELY forgot about that! :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6516
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Pwns »

https://www.wired.com/story/adaptation- ... cant-read/

I've brought up this exact point before...it's one thing to be able to count the number of vowels or instances of one word in a million-word document in a few hundred milliseconds, it's another to be able to read and comprehend sentences.

This is a mathematical puzzle and not engineering one. Better hardware won't get you any closer to solving this problem.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11650
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Col Hogan »

Pwns wrote:https://www.wired.com/story/adaptation- ... cant-read/

I've brought up this exact point before...it's one thing to be able to count the number of vowels or instances of one word in a million-word document in a few hundred milliseconds, it's another to be able to read and comprehend sentences.

This is a mathematical puzzle and not engineering one. Better hardware won't get you any closer to solving this problem.
Interesting read...so, am I correct to assume that robots will not be a threat to take over until they can read basic literature????









Wait, some f our politicians can’t read basic literature....

Disregard...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11650
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Col Hogan »

Col Hogan wrote:
Pwns wrote:https://www.wired.com/story/adaptation- ... cant-read/

I've brought up this exact point before...it's one thing to be able to count the number of vowels or instances of one word in a million-word document in a few hundred milliseconds, it's another to be able to read and comprehend sentences.

This is a mathematical puzzle and not engineering one. Better hardware won't get you any closer to solving this problem.
Interesting read...so, am I correct to assume that robots will not be a threat to take over until they can read basic literature????









Wait, some of our politicians can’t read basic literature....

Disregard...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 24901
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ivytalk »

Things not looking good for Bibi Netanyahu as the ballots are counted. “The Arabs are coming! The Arabs are coming! Vote for me!” :roll:
“I’m just dealing with reality.” — JohnStOnge 12/19/19

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 13981
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:Things not looking good for Bibi Netanyahu as the ballots are counted. “The Arabs are coming! The Arabs are coming! Vote for me!” :roll:
Stalemate again it looks like. And talk of the Blue/White party not wanting to agree on any unity coalition government that includes Bibi staying on as Prime Minister and the Likud's saying they will never let another party name who should lead Likud. I think Netanyahu stays on and they pretty much bypass him for most of the stuff.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19274
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Chizzang »

Fox News is doing their UFO's are real thing again...

phpBB [video]
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53433
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:Fox News is doing their UFO's are real thing again...

phpBB [video]
No, they’re reporting the news. Strange to see, I know, if you watch the rest of MSM...don’t see much real news on there as they spend 98% of their time trying to get Trump impeached.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 45991
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by kalm »

Another witch hunt?
The whistleblower complaint that has triggered a tense showdown between the U.S. intelligence community and Congress involves President Trump’s communications with a foreign leader, according to two former U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

Trump’s interaction with the foreign leader included a “promise” that was regarded as so troubling that it prompted an official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general for the intelligence community, said the former officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

It was not immediately clear which foreign leader Trump was speaking with or what he pledged to deliver, but his direct involvement in the matter has not been previously disclosed. It raises new questions about the president’s handling of sensitive information and may further strain his relationship with U.S. spy agencies. One former official said the communication was a phone call.

The White House declined to comment late Wednesday night. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence and a lawyer representing the whistleblower declined to comment.

Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson determined that the complaint was credible and troubling enough to be considered a matter of “urgent concern,” a legal threshold that requires notification of congressional oversight committees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 35625
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:Another witch hunt?
Hard to say. Two anon sources with an unknown foreign leader with a promise of something....

Could be he promised Trudeau asylum when he's run out of Canada for the atrocities of black face.

Maybe he promised Kim Jong Un a round of golf at one of his courses with no spectators so he can post an 18.

Dunno.
Image

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13043
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

kalm wrote:Another witch hunt?
The whistleblower complaint that has triggered a tense showdown between the U.S. intelligence community and Congress involves President Trump’s communications with a foreign leader, according to two former U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

Trump’s interaction with the foreign leader included a “promise” that was regarded as so troubling that it prompted an official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general for the intelligence community, said the former officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

It was not immediately clear which foreign leader Trump was speaking with or what he pledged to deliver, but his direct involvement in the matter has not been previously disclosed. It raises new questions about the president’s handling of sensitive information and may further strain his relationship with U.S. spy agencies. One former official said the communication was a phone call.

The White House declined to comment late Wednesday night. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence and a lawyer representing the whistleblower declined to comment.

Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson determined that the complaint was credible and troubling enough to be considered a matter of “urgent concern,” a legal threshold that requires notification of congressional oversight committees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html


This is going to need its own thread. :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 45991
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
kalm wrote:Another witch hunt?
This is going to need its own thread. :coffee:
:lol:
Image
Image
Image

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10918
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by HI54UNI »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
kalm wrote:Another witch hunt?
This is going to need its own thread. :coffee:
Why don't you start it then? You were so good with the last one that it's over 200 pages now.
All my posts are satire.

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13043
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

HI54UNI wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
This is going to need its own thread. :coffee:
Why don't you start it then? You were so good with the last one that it's over 200 pages now.
You're right. My threads are quite popular. :thumb:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 13981
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
Why don't you start it then? You were so good with the last one that it's over 200 pages now.
You're right. My threads are quite popular. :thumb:
Everyone loves a trainwreck. Can't blame people for rubbernecking when they saw your pileup. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7812
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
Why don't you start it then? You were so good with the last one that it's over 200 pages now.
You're right. My threads are quite popular. :thumb:
So is Moby Dick Ahab. Have you caught your great white whale yet?

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13043
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Trump's defense:
If the President decided that he wanted to share, or provide, or promise something sensitive, then he has full authority under the law to do that. The public may not love what he promised, but he does have the authority under the law to do that.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by css75 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Trump's defense:
If the President decided that he wanted to share, or provide, or promise something sensitive, then he has full authority under the law to do that. The public may not love what he promised, but he does have the authority under the law to do that.

Give it up, really,you have been lugging around that big fat nothing burger Image Image Image for over 3 years now and nothing, repeat, nothing has been found. Neck pants Nadler has been on a fishing expedition, nothing, Mueller, nothing. It’s not gonna happen.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13043
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 24901
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ivytalk »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
:jack:
“I’m just dealing with reality.” — JohnStOnge 12/19/19

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23513
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:Another witch hunt?
The whistleblower complaint that has triggered a tense showdown between the U.S. intelligence community and Congress involves President Trump’s communications with a foreign leader, according to two former U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

Trump’s interaction with the foreign leader included a “promise” that was regarded as so troubling that it prompted an official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general for the intelligence community, said the former officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

It was not immediately clear which foreign leader Trump was speaking with or what he pledged to deliver, but his direct involvement in the matter has not been previously disclosed. It raises new questions about the president’s handling of sensitive information and may further strain his relationship with U.S. spy agencies. One former official said the communication was a phone call.

The White House declined to comment late Wednesday night. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence and a lawyer representing the whistleblower declined to comment.

Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson determined that the complaint was credible and troubling enough to be considered a matter of “urgent concern,” a legal threshold that requires notification of congressional oversight committees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html


No, klam

That one was done correctly

What is it with you drawing tortured parallels?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 45991
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:Another witch hunt?
No, klam

That one was done correctly

What is it with you drawing tortured parallels?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was a sincere question. I’m naturally skeptical.
Image
Image
Image

Post Reply