I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Postby SeattleGriz » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:20 am

CID1990 wrote:“It’s as if South Park planned this whole thing out.”

:lol:

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/20 ... -location/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I will eat at my local chik fil a today.
Everything is better with Montana.

css75
Level2
Level2

Postby css75 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:53 am

The tolerance crowd at its best today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:46 pm

So Trump says that the idea that he is willing to negotiate with Iran with no preconditions is "fake news." See https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... udi-strike.

Trump tweets that "The Fake News is saying that I am willing to meet with Iran, 'No Conditions.' That is an incorrect statement."

That article has Administration officials saying the opposite. But there is more. Trump told Chuck Todd on "Meet the Press" that there were no preconditions. See https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... s-n1020386.

The guy is not credible. Please, please you people who are conservatives who support this guy: Come to your senses.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Postby Ivytalk » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:46 am

Hey, Klam, your boy Snowden, that super-patriot, has asked Macron for asylum in France. Mon Dieu! :lol:
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Postby 89Hen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:03 am

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/27629534/virginia-bennett-rejects-raise-new-deal

Virginia coach Tony Bennett declined to take a raise while extending his contract by another year.

The Cavaliers announced the extension Monday, saying Bennett asked for the money to be used to pay his staff more and for improvements to both his program as well as other Virginia teams.

"[My wife] Laurel and I are in a great spot, and in the past I've had increases in my contract," Bennett said in the news release. "We just feel a great peace about where we're at, all that's taken place, and how we feel about this athletic department and this community and this school. I love being at UVA.

:notworthy:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Postby UNI88 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:53 am

89Hen wrote:https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/27629534/virginia-bennett-rejects-raise-new-deal

Virginia coach Tony Bennett declined to take a raise while extending his contract by another year.

The Cavaliers announced the extension Monday, saying Bennett asked for the money to be used to pay his staff more and for improvements to both his program as well as other Virginia teams.

"[My wife] Laurel and I are in a great spot, and in the past I've had increases in my contract," Bennett said in the news release. "We just feel a great peace about where we're at, all that's taken place, and how we feel about this athletic department and this community and this school. I love being at UVA.

:thumb: Class move.

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Postby HI54UNI » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:13 am

89Hen wrote:https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/27629534/virginia-bennett-rejects-raise-new-deal

Nice! :thumb:

All my posts are satire.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Postby Ibanez » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:25 am

Classy move by Bennett. :clap:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Postby AZGrizFan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:58 am

Plus he's made all that money on his music...so, does he REALLY need more? :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Postby UNI88 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:16 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Classy move by Bennett. :clap:

Plus he's made all that money on his music...so, does he REALLY need more? :coffee: :coffee:

And don't forget the money he made playing for the Packers and Colts.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Postby Ibanez » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:19 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Classy move by Bennett. :clap:

That's very true. He has had a successful musical career.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:22 pm

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

And don't forget the money he made playing for the Packers and Colts.

See? Because of his successful music career I COMPLETELY forgot about that! :nod: :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Postby Pwns » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:31 pm

https://www.wired.com/story/adaptation- ... cant-read/

I've brought up this exact point before...it's one thing to be able to count the number of vowels or instances of one word in a million-word document in a few hundred milliseconds, it's another to be able to read and comprehend sentences.

This is a mathematical puzzle and not engineering one. Better hardware won't get you any closer to solving this problem.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Postby Col Hogan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:37 am

Pwns wrote:https://www.wired.com/story/adaptation-if-computers-are-so-smart-how-come-they-cant-read/

I've brought up this exact point before...it's one thing to be able to count the number of vowels or instances of one word in a million-word document in a few hundred milliseconds, it's another to be able to read and comprehend sentences.

This is a mathematical puzzle and not engineering one. Better hardware won't get you any closer to solving this problem.

Interesting read...so, am I correct to assume that robots will not be a threat to take over until they can read basic literature????

Wait, some f our politicians can’t read basic literature....

Disregard...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Postby Col Hogan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:38 am

Col Hogan wrote:
Pwns wrote:https://www.wired.com/story/adaptation-if-computers-are-so-smart-how-come-they-cant-read/

Interesting read...so, am I correct to assume that robots will not be a threat to take over until they can read basic literature????

Wait, some of our politicians can’t read basic literature....

Disregard...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Postby Ivytalk » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:25 am

Things not looking good for Bibi Netanyahu as the ballots are counted. “The Arabs are coming! The Arabs are coming! Vote for me!” :roll:
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Postby GannonFan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:20 am

Ivytalk wrote:Things not looking good for Bibi Netanyahu as the ballots are counted. “The Arabs are coming! The Arabs are coming! Vote for me!” :roll:

Stalemate again it looks like. And talk of the Blue/White party not wanting to agree on any unity coalition government that includes Bibi staying on as Prime Minister and the Likud's saying they will never let another party name who should lead Likud. I think Netanyahu stays on and they pretty much bypass him for most of the stuff.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Postby Chizzang » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:53 pm

Fox News is doing their UFO's are real thing again...

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:10 pm

Chizzang wrote:Fox News is doing their UFO's are real thing again...

No, they’re reporting the news. Strange to see, I know, if you watch the rest of MSM...don’t see much real news on there as they spend 98% of their time trying to get Trump impeached.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam

Postby kalm » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:42 am

Another witch hunt?

The whistleblower complaint that has triggered a tense showdown between the U.S. intelligence community and Congress involves President Trump’s communications with a foreign leader, according to two former U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

Trump’s interaction with the foreign leader included a “promise” that was regarded as so troubling that it prompted an official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general for the intelligence community, said the former officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

It was not immediately clear which foreign leader Trump was speaking with or what he pledged to deliver, but his direct involvement in the matter has not been previously disclosed. It raises new questions about the president’s handling of sensitive information and may further strain his relationship with U.S. spy agencies. One former official said the communication was a phone call.

The White House declined to comment late Wednesday night. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence and a lawyer representing the whistleblower declined to comment.

Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson determined that the complaint was credible and troubling enough to be considered a matter of “urgent concern,” a legal threshold that requires notification of congressional oversight committees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Postby 89Hen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:59 am

kalm wrote:Another witch hunt?

Hard to say. Two anon sources with an unknown foreign leader with a promise of something....

Could be he promised Trudeau asylum when he's run out of Canada for the atrocities of black face.

Maybe he promised Kim Jong Un a round of golf at one of his courses with no spectators so he can post an 18.

Dunno.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Postby Skjellyfetti » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:05 am

The whistleblower complaint that has triggered a tense showdown between the U.S. intelligence community and Congress involves President Trump’s communications with a foreign leader, according to two former U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

Trump’s interaction with the foreign leader included a “promise” that was regarded as so troubling that it prompted an official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general for the intelligence community, said the former officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

It was not immediately clear which foreign leader Trump was speaking with or what he pledged to deliver, but his direct involvement in the matter has not been previously disclosed. It raises new questions about the president’s handling of sensitive information and may further strain his relationship with U.S. spy agencies. One former official said the communication was a phone call.

The White House declined to comment late Wednesday night. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence and a lawyer representing the whistleblower declined to comment.

Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson determined that the complaint was credible and troubling enough to be considered a matter of “urgent concern,” a legal threshold that requires notification of congressional oversight committees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

This is going to need its own thread. :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam

Postby kalm » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:23 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:

:lol:

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Postby HI54UNI » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:43 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:

Why don't you start it then? You were so good with the last one that it's over 200 pages now.

All my posts are satire.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Postby Skjellyfetti » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:56 am

HI54UNI wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

Why don't you start it then? You were so good with the last one that it's over 200 pages now.

You're right. My threads are quite popular. :thumb:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

Return to “Politics”