Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12835
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:
Imagine if, when you were something like 13, you were indoctrinated into something like this and spent your entire adolescence and teen years miserable and angry
Yeah. Kinda like that group of high school students (and all the other groups of kids that were there) that took a field trip to DC to protest abortion.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23180
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

Well I certainly seem to have triggered the usual suspects
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 35601
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by 89Hen »

mainejeff2 wrote:In the U.S. it's usually boys indoctrinated into modern day conservatism (hate everyone that doesn't look or think like you).....and many act out by committing mass shootings. :nod:

:coffee:
:lol: :dunce:
Image

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7502
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:In the U.S. it's usually boys indoctrinated into modern day conservatism (hate everyone that doesn't look or think like you).....and many act out by committing mass shootings. :nod:

:coffee:
Image :dunce:
Jearf just painted himself into a corner. Let's see if he can figure out what it is.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by css75 »

mainejeff2 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Imagine if, when you were something like 13, you were indoctrinated into something like this and spent your entire adolescence and teen years miserable and angry
In the U.S. it's usually boys indoctrinated into modern day conservatism (hate everyone that doesn't look or think like you).....and many act out by committing mass shootings. :nod:

:coffee:
You mean like the Obama campaign worker in Connecticut.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19166
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Chizzang »

Image
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by css75 »

Chizzang wrote:Image

Do you know which doofus came up with this?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 35601
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by 89Hen »

css75 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:Image

Do you know which doofus came up with this?
Somebody from Sweden?
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19166
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Chizzang »

Image
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10819
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by HI54UNI »

89Hen wrote:
css75 wrote:

Do you know which doofus came up with this?
Somebody from Sweden?
:lol: :lol:
All my posts are satire.

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19166
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Chizzang »

Hey guess what...
We're deploying troops to protect Saudi interests
right after selling them billions in weapons to defend themselves

:rofl:

and they are in no danger
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10720
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CID1990 wrote: Scientist that she is
This is just hilarious.

“Why should we listen to a little girl?" Literally from her speech: “Don’t listen to me, listen to science."

*Conservatives proceed to ignore science and dismiss scientists as liberal shills.*
CID1990 wrote: Imagine if, when you were something like 13, you were indoctrinated into something like this and spent your entire adolescence and teen years miserable and angry
Imagine being a grown adult mocking a teenager for wanting to help the planet. :roll:

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 35601
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Scientist that she is
This is just hilarious.

“Why should we listen to a little girl?" Literally from her speech: “Don’t listen to me, listen to science."

*Conservatives proceed to ignore science and dismiss scientists as liberal shills.*
CID1990 wrote: Imagine if, when you were something like 13, you were indoctrinated into something like this and spent your entire adolescence and teen years miserable and angry
Imagine being a grown adult mocking a teenager for wanting to help the planet. :roll:
You are a tool.
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53007
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Scientist that she is
This is just hilarious.

“Why should we listen to a little girl?" Literally from her speech: “Don’t listen to me, listen to science."

*Conservatives proceed to ignore science and dismiss scientists as liberal shills.*
CID1990 wrote: Imagine if, when you were something like 13, you were indoctrinated into something like this and spent your entire adolescence and teen years miserable and angry
Imagine being a grown adult mocking a teenager for wanting to help the planet. :roll:
Oh, were “helping the planet” all she was after. :dunce: :dunce:

If only SHE would “listen to science”. Nobody is saying we’re at the beginning of a mass extinction, nobody (other than Dem shills) is saying the world is going to end in 12 years...NOBODY.

So fuck her and her dramatics. The left spent six weeks mocking a teenager for literally doing NOTHING, so she can take her turn in the barrel as long as she (or her parents in this case) is going to put herself out there. :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8941
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:
Baldy wrote:Child abuse.
:ohno:
Imagine if, when you were something like 13, you were indoctrinated into something like this and spent your entire adolescence and teen years miserable and angry

I'm talking about the effects of AGW here - not whether or not we are affecting the climate. I'm pretty sire this kid, if asked, will tell us all precisely what is going to happen to the earth in 12-15 years. Scientist that she is
She's admitted to having Aspergers. They tend to believe information, especially from parents, as fact and then have trouble when confronted with contrary "facts". I feel very sorry for this kid.

We had a friend of my oldest son's over, who has Aspergers, and he was railing on Trump until my wife said that we supported him in a nice manner. He curled up on the floor under a blanket. We told his mom and she said that it was her father that had been telling the kid all the shit about Trump.

It didn't make sense to me until I saw that girl and how she acted.
Everything is better with Montana.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 24720
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: This is just hilarious.

“Why should we listen to a little girl?" Literally from her speech: “Don’t listen to me, listen to science."

*Conservatives proceed to ignore science and dismiss scientists as liberal shills.*


Imagine being a grown adult mocking a teenager for wanting to help the planet. :roll:
Oh, were “helping the planet” all she was after. :dunce: :dunce:

If only SHE would “listen to science”. Nobody is saying we’re at the beginning of a mass extinction, nobody (other than Dem shills) is saying the world is going to end in 12 years...NOBODY.

So fuck her and her dramatics. The left spent six weeks mocking a teenager for literally doing NOTHING, so she can take her turn in the barrel as long as she (or her parents in this case) is going to put herself out there. :nod:
Yeah, she ain’t wired correctly. Send her back to 8th grade where she belongs. And get her some counseling,
“I’m just dealing with reality.” — JohnStOnge 12/19/19

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19166
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Chizzang »

SeattleGriz wrote:
She's admitted to having Aspergers. They tend to believe information, especially from parents, as fact and then have trouble when confronted with contrary "facts". I feel very sorry for this kid.
This ^ coming out of your mouth is hilarious...
Anybody that thinks Jesus cures cancer and hides dinosaur bones
is not allowed to pretend to use logic

:rofl:
Last edited by Chizzang on Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23180
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Scientist that she is
This is just hilarious.

“Why should we listen to a little girl?" Literally from her speech: “Don’t listen to me, listen to science."

*Conservatives proceed to ignore science and dismiss scientists as liberal shills.*
CID1990 wrote: Imagine if, when you were something like 13, you were indoctrinated into something like this and spent your entire adolescence and teen years miserable and angry
Imagine being a grown adult mocking a teenager for wanting to help the planet. :roll:
Fallacious logic - not surprising -

The straw man is the laziest one too ... you should try harder like Reek

I mock anybody who says with absolute conviction - conviction which should be supported by hard scientific data - that we are in the beginning of a mass extinction. That the earth will be irrevocably changed and inhospitable in 12-15 years (That’s Professor Ocasio-Cortez’s math but I’m sure Helga subscribes to it), that in that same period of time our coastal cities will be flooded

Maybe those things will happen, but claiming that they will- and laying down a timeline - is something even the most alarmist scientists have not done. So to make those claims I can only assume Ms. Gita has made her own scientific inquiry and has proven that yes, we are in fact in a mass extinction which is directly fueled by AGW

Your “how dare you” response is typically emotional an devoid of scientific support

But you’re right- we shouldn’t mock people who create things like those billboards Clitz put up a couple posts back “The End is Next Wednesday!! Pray to Jesus!!!” We should pity them.

I certainly do... for a few minutes. And then I go make a ham sandwich

BTW- this has nothing to do with denying science. AGW is real, and supported by science. Timelines and actual effects are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 24720
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
She's admitted to having Aspergers. They tend to believe information, especially from parents, as fact and then have trouble when confronted with contrary "facts". I feel very sorry for this kid.
This ^ coming out of your mouth is hilarious...
Anybody that thinks Jesus cures cancer and hides dinosaur bones
is not allowed to pretend to use logic

:rofl:
Bet you thought the old National Lampoon “Son o’ God” comic was a hoot. :coffee:
“I’m just dealing with reality.” — JohnStOnge 12/19/19

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8941
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
She's admitted to having Aspergers. They tend to believe information, especially from parents, as fact and then have trouble when confronted with contrary "facts". I feel very sorry for this kid.
This ^ coming out of your mouth is hilarious...
Anybody that thinks Jesus cures cancer and hides dinosaur bones
is not allowed to pretend to use logic

:rofl:
Dude. That kid was shakingly pissed. They got her believing she is going to die.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6441
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Pwns »

Baldy wrote:Child abuse.
:ohno:
A random observation that I might catch hell for:

Conservative people in general are a lot better about not letting their anxieties about the world affect them mentally. I can tell you right now if Lizzie Warren or Bernie Sanders get elected you won't see pharma companies making a killing on people visiting the doctor for "Bernie anxiety" or "Warren anxiety". I have my own concerns about the future of the world but I'm not letting myself lose a second of sleep over it.

That's probably why liberals are more vulnerable to doing things that make themselves feel good about some problem that ultimately isn't doing any good (e.g. driving electric cars even if most of their energy comes from coal, banning drinking straws, etc.).
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23180
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

Good lord I actually listened to her for the first time rather than reading the transcripts

She sounds like a breathier more dramatic version of Liz Warren :suspicious:

I hope they paid the crew who came to fetch her boat back to Sweden a lot of money because they are going to have to listen to that melodrama when she finds out they flew here on smoke spewing airplanes

"It would take a heart of unmelted ice not to laugh."

https://spectator.us/apotheosis-st-greta/
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by css75 »

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
She's admitted to having Aspergers. They tend to believe information, especially from parents, as fact and then have trouble when confronted with contrary "facts". I feel very sorry for this kid.
This ^ coming out of your mouth is hilarious...
Anybody that thinks Jesus cures cancer and hides dinosaur bones
is not allowed to pretend to use logic

:rofl:
Ok, just who is Jesus, according to the great Chiz?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19166
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Chizzang »

css75 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
This ^ coming out of your mouth is hilarious...
Anybody that thinks Jesus cures cancer and hides dinosaur bones
is not allowed to pretend to use logic

:rofl:
Ok, just who is Jesus, according to the great Chiz?

Well obviously - he's the guy that hides Dinosaur bones and cures cancer...

:ohno:

One thing is for sure
nobody is more revered yet simultaneously ignored by Republicans than Jesus
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23180
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
css75 wrote:
Ok, just who is Jesus, according to the great Chiz?

Well obviously - he's the guy that hides Dinosaur bones and cures cancer...

:ohno:

One thing is for sure
nobody is more revered yet simultaneously ignored by Republicans than Jesus
Is that the new doctrine?

I had heard it was Satan hiding dinosaur bones.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Post Reply