Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Poor, White, Dangerous Idiots

Post by kalm »

No, the author is not talking about Trump supporters, they're relatively well-educated and financially ok. She's talking about the most downtrodden picked on segment of American society. The one it's perfectly fine to stereotype, call names, believe is monolithic, and often get politically wrong.

We can blame the smug prick establishment liberal media for much of this.

Regardless of your politics, this is a great fucking read.... :nod:
Last March, my 71-year-old grandmother, Betty, waited in line for three hours to caucus for Bernie Sanders. The wait to be able to cast her first-ever vote in a primary election was punishing, but nothing could have deterred her. Betty – a white woman who left school after ninth grade, had her first child at age 16 and spent much of her life in severe poverty – wanted to vote.

So she waited with busted knees that once stood on factory lines. She waited with smoking-induced emphysema and the false teeth she’s had since her late 20s – both markers of our class. She waited with a womb that in the 1960s, before Roe v Wade, she paid a stranger to thrust a wire hanger inside after she discovered she was pregnant by a man she’d fled after he broke her jaw.

Betty worked for many years as a probation officer for the state judicial system in Wichita, Kansas, keeping tabs on men who had murdered and raped. As a result, it’s hard to faze her, but she has pronounced Republican candidate Donald Trump a sociopath “whose mouth overloads his ass”.................

Media fascination with the hateful white Trump voter fuels the theory, now in fashion, that bigotry is the only explanation for supporting him. Certainly, financial struggle does not predict a soft spot for Trump, as cash-strapped people of color – who face the threat of his racism and xenophobia, and who resoundingly reject him, by all available measures – can attest. However, one imagines that elite white liberals who maintain an air of ethical grandness this election season would have a harder time thinking globally about trade and immigration if it were their factory job that was lost and their community that was decimated.

Affluent analysts who oppose Trump, though, have a way of taking a systemic view when examining social woes but viewing their place on the political continuum as a triumph of individual character. Most of them presumably inherited their political bent, just like most of those in “red” America did. If you were handed liberalism, give yourself no pats on the back for your vote against Trump.

Spare, too, the condescending argument that disaffected Democrats who joined Republican ranks in recent decades are “voting against their own best interests,” undemocratic in its implication that a large swath of America isn’t mentally fit to cast a ballot.

Whoever remains on Trump’s side as stories concerning his treatment of women, racism and other dangers continue to unfurl gets no pass from me for any reason. They are capable of voting, and they own their decisions. Let’s be aware of our class biases, though, as we discern who “they” are......

If you would stereotype a group of people by presuming to guess their politics or deeming them inferior to yourself – say, the ones who worked third shift on a Boeing floor while others flew to Mexico during spring break; the ones who mopped a McDonald’s bathroom while others argued about the minimum wage on Twitter; the ones who cleaned out their lockers at a defunct Pabst factory while others drank craft beer at trendy bars; the ones who came back from the Middle East in caskets while others wrote op-eds about foreign policy – then consider that you might have more in common with Trump than you would like to admit.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/ ... D=ref_fark
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Poor, White, Dangerous Idiots

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:No, the author is not talking about Trump supporters, they're relatively well-educated and financially ok. She's talking about the most downtrodden picked on segment of American society. The one it's perfectly fine to stereotype, call names, believe is monolithic, and often get politically wrong.

Regardless of your politics, this is a great **** read.... :nod:
Last March, my 71-year-old grandmother, Betty, waited in line for three hours to caucus for Bernie Sanders. The wait to be able to cast her first-ever vote in a primary election was punishing, but nothing could have deterred her. Betty – a white woman who left school after ninth grade, had her first child at age 16 and spent much of her life in severe poverty – wanted to vote.

So she waited with busted knees that once stood on factory lines. She waited with smoking-induced emphysema and the false teeth she’s had since her late 20s – both markers of our class. She waited with a womb that in the 1960s, before Roe v Wade, she paid a stranger to thrust a wire hanger inside after she discovered she was pregnant by a man she’d fled after he broke her jaw.

Betty worked for many years as a probation officer for the state judicial system in Wichita, Kansas, keeping tabs on men who had murdered and raped. As a result, it’s hard to faze her, but she has pronounced Republican candidate Donald Trump a sociopath “whose mouth overloads his ass”.................

Media fascination with the hateful white Trump voter fuels the theory, now in fashion, that bigotry is the only explanation for supporting him. Certainly, financial struggle does not predict a soft spot for Trump, as cash-strapped people of color – who face the threat of his racism and xenophobia, and who resoundingly reject him, by all available measures – can attest. However, one imagines that elite white liberals who maintain an air of ethical grandness this election season would have a harder time thinking globally about trade and immigration if it were their factory job that was lost and their community that was decimated.

Affluent analysts who oppose Trump, though, have a way of taking a systemic view when examining social woes but viewing their place on the political continuum as a triumph of individual character. Most of them presumably inherited their political bent, just like most of those in “red” America did. If you were handed liberalism, give yourself no pats on the back for your vote against Trump.

Spare, too, the condescending argument that disaffected Democrats who joined Republican ranks in recent decades are “voting against their own best interests,” undemocratic in its implication that a large swath of America isn’t mentally fit to cast a ballot.

Whoever remains on Trump’s side as stories concerning his treatment of women, racism and other dangers continue to unfurl gets no pass from me for any reason. They are capable of voting, and they own their decisions. Let’s be aware of our class biases, though, as we discern who “they” are......

If you would stereotype a group of people by presuming to guess their politics or deeming them inferior to yourself – say, the ones who worked third shift on a Boeing floor while others flew to Mexico during spring break; the ones who mopped a McDonald’s bathroom while others argued about the minimum wage on Twitter; the ones who cleaned out their lockers at a defunct Pabst factory while others drank craft beer at trendy bars; the ones who came back from the Middle East in caskets while others wrote op-eds about foreign policy – then consider that you might have more in common with Trump than you would like to admit.
That article is spot on.

Too bad the Podesta emails weren't available when it was written. The author could have quoted them exclusively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:No, the author is not talking about Trump supporters, they're relatively well-educated and financially ok. She's talking about the most downtrodden picked on segment of American society. The one it's perfectly fine to stereotype, call names, believe is monolithic, and often get politically wrong.

Regardless of your politics, this is a great **** read.... :nod:

That article is spot on.

Too bad the Podesta emails weren't available when it was written. The author could have quoted them exclusively.

:nod:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

I was told by a girl who comes from an exceptionally wealthy family, that never had a financial care in life, that a vote for Trump was essentially a vote for sexual assault on her two girls. She should have read this article.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I have colleagues at work who have taken this one step further-

That it is not only the mark of a Scots Irish redneck turd to vote for Trump, but that it is also immoral to vote for a third party, because that assumes that a vote is taken away from Hillary

AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Great article.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I've always said that, whether people who voted for Trump during the primaries are stupid in terms of IQ or not, they did a stupid thing by voting for Trump. And those of them who are NOT mentally impaired have to have suspended their critical thinking skills in order to support him. He clearly was not anywhere close to the strongest Republican candidate for the general election. Polls consistently showed that he was maybe in the 5th to 8th range in terms of performance against potential Democrat candidates when a bunch were in the race then he was always 3rd among the final three. He displayed obvious signs of being emotionally unstable and immature. He clearly had a target rich background of behavior that the Democrats were going to be able to exploit. He lied constantly and you didn't need fact checkers to see it. He championed protectionist trade policies that would be an absolute disaster. Economists on both sides were saying his plans would lead to horrible consequences.

I'm sorry, but there is no way someone could have rationally and objectively looked at the situation then decided to support Trump among all of the Republican candidates that were available. They had to have been in some kind of delusional trance. It is still possible he could win because Hillary is SUCH a bad candidate in her own right. But the likelihood is that, as I said at the start, Republican primary voters will end up having snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. And they did it by vesting their hopes in someone who is also a thoroughly dishonest, atrocious human being who has serious emotional stability and maturity issues.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Yeah, I've only been saying everything in this article for fifteen years now. But I'm apparently racist.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

But couldn't an article like this - one delicately weaving through a myriad of stereotypes to make one single marginally valid point about a widely varied group of people - be written about any group of people

I see articles (just like this) about young black American males
and Latino Americans too... Oddly and entertainingly to note: These huge groups of Americans are stereotyped into a small cylinder by Trump himself - who this writer expends a deluge of ink peering into the margins over

In the end
Any cult of Personalty is about the Man
not the mob that follows him

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:But couldn't an article like this - one delicately weaving through a myriad of stereotypes to make one single marginally valid point about a widely varied group of people - be written about any group of people

and Latino Americans too... Oddly and entertainingly to note: These huge groups of Americans are stereotyped into a small cylinder by Trump himself - who this writer expends a deluge of ink peering into the margins over

In the end

of course the logic in the article can apply to other groups

the difference is that the types of stereotypes you are talking about are not regularly being applied by the supposed "mainstream" media elites

i see them all the time in my facebook feed- usually accompanied by adverts for apocalypse rations, with URLs like www.infowars.com, and almost always followed by "share if you agree!!!!"

i dont consider those sites to be representative of "elite" anything

I believe we are on the topic of "respectable" journalism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

kalm wrote: We can blame the smug prick establishment liberal media for much of this.

I really don't get the belief that the "establishment media" is liberal.

I'm not saying that there isn't a bias toward Clinton on many of the networks.

I thought the same thing during the Democratic primary.... in that case - they weren't supporting the more liberal candidate.

It's corporatism. Kalm of all people should know that. :nod:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:But couldn't an article like this - one delicately weaving through a myriad of stereotypes to make one single marginally valid point about a widely varied group of people - be written about any group of people

In the end

the difference is that the types of stereotypes you are talking about are not regularly being applied by the supposed "mainstream" media elites

i see them all the time in my facebook feed- usually accompanied by adverts for apocalypse rations, with URLs like http://www.infowars.com, and almost always followed by "share if you agree!!!!"

So the term mainstream media elite isn't a stereotype..?

It's interesting how ones preferred stereotypes are somehow just "common knowledge"
and the idioms that we find bothersome are erroneous awful stereotypes

All language is persuasion

And the most excellent ironicle tid-bit of this whole thing is
The fans of the one Politician that is by far the most guilty of stereotyping
In fact stereotyping the world is his actual political platform
don't like being stereotyped

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ok. It's a long article and I'm not done reading it but I am already seeing that she cherry picked and ignored stuff in studies she cited that didn't comport with her thesis. Like for example it's pretty clear that she is suggesting that there's no evidence that those voting for Trump or less educated. You can see that in this statement:
Earlier this year, primary exit polls revealed that Trump voters were, in fact, more affluent than most Americans, with a median household income of $72,000 – higher than that of Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders supporters. Forty-four percent of them had college degrees, well above the national average of 33% among whites or 29% overall.
Interestingly, there is no link to the exit polls. But there is a link to a Gallup survey a couple of paragraphs earlier. She cited that for another point. But the abstract of the Gallup survey she linked includes this statement:
His supporters are less educated
So one survey she cites says his supporters are less educated then within a couple of paragraphs she writes stuff implying that they're not. Without providing a link to the data that would allow you to judge, by the way.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Look people. The polling clearly shows that the core of Trump support is White voters without college degrees. This woman spends a bunch of time trying to argue that's not the case. But it is. The "conventional wisdom" she tried to rebut is correct. I don't know why she felt the need to make her argument. But her argument is a failure.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

i see them all the time in my facebook feed- usually accompanied by adverts for apocalypse rations, with URLs like http://www.infowars.com, and almost always followed by "share if you agree!!!!"

It's interesting how ones preferred stereotypes are somehow just "common knowledge"

You didn't read the article, and if you did then you missed the point.

It isn't the poor white trash that are Trump's base. The mainstream media has painted them that way - Trump supporters are largely from the middle class, which largely gets a pass because everyone needs their votes

Your own biases caused your knees to jerk and now you get a C- for reading comprehension

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:

It isn't the poor white trash that are Trump's base. The mainstream media has painted them that way - Trump supporters are largely from the middle class, which largely gets a pass because everyone needs their votes

Your own biases caused your knees to jerk and now you get a C- for reading comprehension

I read the 500 word quote from the article...
So apparently the quote isn't indicative of the total message
And I don't think you understand my post

Oh...
and it wouldn't be my first C-
And I'm not certain I missed the point

:kisswink:
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

WTF did you people just read?

"One-dimensional stereotypes fester where journalism fails to tread."

Hello...the author just stereotyped. But that's OK, right? :suspicious:

"In a recent op-ed headlined Dignity and Sadness in the Working Class, David Brooks told of a laid-off Kentucky metal worker he met. On his last day, the man left to rows of cheering coworkers – a moment I read as triumphant, but that Brooks declared pitiable."

Triumphant? :suspicious: JFC...that is silly, stupid, and out of touch. Triumphant? Where is the triumph except in some imaginary victory for losers who commiserate with other losers? The Mother fvcker was just terminated and the author thinks that a round of applause is some sort of victory? :dunce:

"Maher is, perhaps, the pinnacle of classist smugness. In the summer of 1998, when I was 17 and just out of high school, I worked at a grain elevator during the wheat harvest. An elevator 50 miles east in Haysville, Kansas, exploded (grain dust is highly combustible), killing seven workers. The accident rattled my community and reminded us about the physical dangers my family and I often faced as farmers.
I kept going to work like everyone else and, after a long day weighing wheat trucks and hauling heavy sacks of feed in and out of the mill, liked to watch Politically Incorrect, the ABC show Maher hosted then. With the search for one of the killed workers’ bodies still under way, Maher joked, as I recall, that the people should check their loaves of Wonder Bread.

That moment was perhaps my first reckoning with the hard truth that, throughout my life, I would politically identify with the same people who often insult the place I am from."

You politically identify with the same people that would insult the place where you are from."

HELLO. YOU are the problem. YOU are the sucker. YOU are the weird clown that is at the root of our election issues. YOU want them to love and respect you...and they don't. But you support them anyway because they talk about respecting people. You are the idiot girlfriend who gets beaten and berated by a boyfriend that you would defend from any honest attack on his character. Hillary despises you and your kind, but she talks about always being on your side...so you will vote for her (now that Bernie sold out) because you hate that Trump is blunt (and far more honest than Hillary). The funny thing is that your whole article is about Trump, without mention of Hillary (who is the leader of the group that labels people), but you insult the media for not, in your mind, properly recognizing/identifying Trump supporters? :dunce:

"Many people recommended to me the bestselling new history book White Trash, for instance, without registering that its title is a slur that refers to me and the people I love as garbage. My happy relief that someone set out to tell this ignored thread of our shared past was squashed by my wincing every time I saw it on my shelf, so much so that I finally took the book jacket off."

Holy Christ...this is symbolic of the author's entire loser life. :nod: There is a problem, and an insult, right in front of your face...and instead of tossing out the book, she took off the cover. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yup...don't address the real issue...just hide the cover. Focus on the superficial crap.

What a weak minded, angry, shit-for-brains author. :tothehand:

I get that the author believes the MSM missed the mark on Trump's support. But what a crock of crap...the author is as bigoted, cowardly, hateful, and uninformed as most Bernie supporters are. :nod:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Cluck U wrote:WTF did you people just read?

"In a recent op-ed headlined Dignity and Sadness in the Working Class, David Brooks told of a laid-off Kentucky metal worker he met. On his last day, the man left to rows of cheering coworkers – a moment I read as triumphant, but that Brooks declared pitiable."

Triumphant? :suspicious: JFC...that is silly, stupid, and out of touch. Triumphant? Where is the triumph except in some imaginary victory for losers who commiserate with other losers? The Mother fvcker was just terminated and the author thinks that a round of applause is some sort of victory? :dunce:

"Maher is, perhaps, the pinnacle of classist smugness. In the summer of 1998, when I was 17 and just out of high school, I worked at a grain elevator during the wheat harvest. An elevator 50 miles east in Haysville, Kansas, exploded (grain dust is highly combustible), killing seven workers. The accident rattled my community and reminded us about the physical dangers my family and I often faced as farmers.
I kept going to work like everyone else and, after a long day weighing wheat trucks and hauling heavy sacks of feed in and out of the mill, liked to watch Politically Incorrect, the ABC show Maher hosted then. With the search for one of the killed workers’ bodies still under way, Maher joked, as I recall, that the people should check their loaves of Wonder Bread.

That moment was perhaps my first reckoning with the hard truth that, throughout my life, I would politically identify with the same people who often insult the place I am from."

You politically identify with the same people that would insult the place where you are from."

HELLO. YOU are the problem. YOU are the sucker. YOU are the weird clown that is at the root of our election issues. YOU want them to love and respect you...and they don't. But you support them anyway because they talk about respecting people. You are the idiot girlfriend who gets beaten and berated by a boyfriend that you would defend from any honest attack on his character. Hillary despises you and your kind, but she talks about always being on your side...so you will vote for her (now that Bernie sold out) because you hate that Trump is blunt (and far more honest than Hillary). The funny thing is that your whole article is about Trump, without mention of Hillary (who is the leader of the group that labels people), but you insult the media for not, in your mind, properly recognizing/identifying Trump supporters? :dunce:

"Many people recommended to me the bestselling new history book White Trash, for instance, without registering that its title is a slur that refers to me and the people I love as garbage. My happy relief that someone set out to tell this ignored thread of our shared past was squashed by my wincing every time I saw it on my shelf, so much so that I finally took the book jacket off."

Holy Christ...this is symbolic of the author's entire loser life. :nod: There is a problem, and an insult, right in front of your face...and instead of tossing out the book, she took off the cover. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yup...don't address the real issue...just hide the cover. Focus on the superficial crap.

I get that the author believes the MSM missed the mark on Trump's support. But what a crock of crap...the author is as bigoted, cowardly, hateful, and uninformed as most Bernie supporters are. :nod:
Strong work here Clucky! :notworthy:

But this seems similar to the old intolerant of intolerance debate (of which there's been a decent one going over at AGS recently).

Some stereotypes are accurate. The ones where all rural working class Americans are low information white trash Republicans, all Trump voters are of similar ilk, and the establishment liberal media understands America, being at play here.

AKA Bill Maher is a smug prick who just might live in a bit of a bubble.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

It depends on if you count the ex-middleclass now up-and-coming white trash who still have a tiny little piece of skin remaining in the game.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:

But this seems similar to the old intolerant of intolerance debate (of which there's been a decent one going over at AGS recently).

Some stereotypes are accurate. The ones where all rural working class Americans are low information white trash Republicans, all Trump voters are of similar ilk, and the establishment liberal media understands America, being at play here.

actually i picture the author as a very rare breed- someone who came from a rural background but never could quite connect with the people they grew up with.

most people like that eventually leave those communities and then disavow where they came from and condemn the people they grew up with.

The more rare bird is the one that leaves that community because they dont quite connect but they stay loyal to their people and remain very defensive of them. Sen. James Webb is one, and the author sounds that way too. So am I

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

The polling clearly suggests that the conventional wisdom the author railed against is correct. For instance if you look at the crosstabs of the ABC News/Washington Post poll at https://www.washingtonpost.com/page/201 ... se_452.xml, White respondents without a college degree favored Trump by 62 to 31% while White respondents with a college degree favored Clinton by 51 to 38% ( four way race).

The idea that whether or not one has a college degree is not a factor in "predicting" whether or not someone favors Trump is ridiculous.

If you think in terms of race and education level the ONLY race/education level group that favors Trump is Whites without college degrees. Non Whites favor Hillary whether they are grouped by college degree or not.

The woman who wrote the article is in denial.
Last edited by JohnStOnge on Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Could I ever be a star?

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:Ok. It's a long article and I'm not done reading it but I am already seeing that she cherry picked and ignored stuff in studies she cited that didn't comport with her thesis. Like for example it's pretty clear that she is suggesting that there's no evidence that those voting for Trump or less educated. You can see that in this statement:
Earlier this year, primary exit polls revealed that Trump voters were, in fact, more affluent than most Americans, with a median household income of $72,000 – higher than that of Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders supporters. Forty-four percent of them had college degrees, well above the national average of 33% among whites or 29% overall.
Interestingly, there is no link to the exit polls. But there is a link to a Gallup survey a couple of paragraphs earlier. She cited that for another point. But the abstract of the Gallup survey she linked includes this statement:
His supporters are less educated
So one survey she cites says his supporters are less educated then within a couple of paragraphs she writes stuff implying that they're not. Without providing a link to the data that would allow you to judge, by the way.
She's using "less educated" as a euphemism for "stupid to the bone". :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

actually i picture the author as a very rare breed- someone who came from a rural background but never could quite connect with the people they grew up with.

most people like that eventually leave those communities and then disavow where they came from and condemn the people they grew up with.

The more rare bird is the one that leaves that community because they dont quite connect but they stay loyal to their people and remain very defensive of them. Sen. James Webb is one, and the author sounds that way too. So am I

Good to see Jimmy has walked back on his opinion of women in the military. Can't wait to see results from his telescope.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:

You mean there's still a poli forum on AGS? :?

I get my politics here and my actual football info on AGS. Seems like a nuanced approach! :lol:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:

You mean there's still a poli forum on AGS? :?

I get my politics here and my actual football info on AGS. Seems like a nuanced approach! :lol:
I thought the great bagina conspiracy killed it.