JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

Vidav wrote:
Seriously. WTF just happened? Trump may actually be crazy.
I was saying that within about a week after he opened his mouth to say he was running. That guy is not a mature, sane adult. And now he's President of the United States because people suspended their critical thinking skills in order to support him.

And there are some who STILL don't see it. I was listening to NPR today on a show where some guy from North Carolina called in to say how happy he was that Trump attacked the Press the way he did. The word "cult" has been used a lot to describe what's going on and I think it's apt.

When you see something like what happened in that press conference yesterday then see people thinking it was great that their Dear Leader Trump acted like that you know that's the case.

Very similar personality types.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

:rofl:

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote:Image

Very similar personality types.
Kinda like:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote::rofl:

He's obviously in distress...someone help him out!

Spoiler: show
Meh....slow news day
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Meh, i didn't post it because I thought it was "news". Just thought it was funny. :lol:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Meh, i didn't post it because I thought it was "news". Just thought it was funny. :lol:
I wasn't saying that you did. It is funny. Seriously, Spicer is reaching out. Won't someone help him!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Laughing because a pin is upside down? :suspicious:

Man, not only a slow news day, but a slow humor day, too.

Apparently, no one wears pins...it happens all the time.
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Cluck U wrote:Laughing because a pin is upside down? :suspicious:

I never wore my pins upside down...

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Every day I wake up I LOVE Trump more and more!

Now Sessions is asking all the remaining 46 US Attorneys from the Obama Admin to resign! LOL this shit just gets better and better.

GUT IT DONNY!

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

It's an American flag pin, genius. If a Dem did it the Lee Greenwoods of the world would have a stroke.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Trump almost had a stroke when spicer wore an I'll fitting suit and no pocket square for his first press briefing.

This will trigger him also. :lol:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Trump almost had a stroke when spicer wore an I'll fitting suit and no pocket square for his first press briefing.

That's shocking since Trump seems to wear suits that are ill fitting...and ties that are too long. :coffee:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Trump almost had a stroke when spicer wore an I'll fitting suit and no pocket square for his first press briefing.

That's shocking since Trump seems to wear suits that are ill fitting...and ties that are too long. :coffee:
And a bow tie guy knows when ties are too long? :doh: :loser: :poke:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:
Ibanez wrote: That's shocking since Trump seems to wear suits that are ill fitting...and ties that are too long. :coffee:
And a bow tie guy knows when ties are too long? :doh: :loser: :poke:
yes.

Also sodomy

YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Grizalltheway wrote:

It's an American flag pin, genius. If a Dem did it the Lee Greenwoods of the world would have a stroke.
Wait...you say that was an American flag pin? :suspicious:

Wow. It is that level of detailed analysis that sets you apart. We're all damned glad you are here to provide such insight into the most important newsworthy events of our time.

There's definitely a job waiting for you somewhere in the main stream media. :thumb:

Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

Ibanez wrote: I wasn't saying that you did. It is funny. Seriously, Spicer is reaching out. Won't someone help him!!??
Yup.
It was an intentional distress call -- a cry for help, as in ...
"Get Me The Hell Out Of Here - My Boss Is A Nut"
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote::rofl:

Well, when Spicer looks down at it, it's right side up

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Grizalltheway wrote:

You're both right and the hypocrisy of both sides is :rofl:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

In his book “Time To Start Thing: America In The Age of Descent," Edward Luce describes judging the National Defense University’s annual exercise in national strategizing (from 2011). The briefers made some excellent points on how to "Make America Great" or probably more accurately, Keep America Great.
The group’s premise was that America still had enough power to shape the kind of world it wanted to see. By 2021 that moment would have passed. The country needed to act very fast and very pragmatically. “The window on America’s hegemony is closing,” said the officer selected to provide the briefing. “We are at a point right now where we still have choices. A decade from now we won’t.”
A summary of the recommendations:
- We are way too dependent on our military. We should sharply reduce are global footprint by winding up all wars and by closing peacetime military bases.

- We should not to go to war with Iran. We have to learn to live with a nuclear-armed Iran.

- We should recognize the inevitable and green light China’s military domination of the Taiwan Strait in exchange for China pushing North Korea to unite with South Korea.

- The #1 threat facing us is our rising debt burden and our #1 goal should be to restore American prosperity.

- We to shrink the Pentagon budget by at least 20% by closing overseas bases, reducing the number of those in uniform by 100,000 and by cutting the number of aircraft carrier battle groups.

- Most of the savings would be spent on civilian priorities such as infrastructure, education and foreign aid.

- None of this would be possible if we were at war or under threat of war. It could be pulled off only if America were effectively to cede or share domination over large parts of the world.
Thoughts, opinions, responses?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:In his book “Time To Start Thing: America In The Age of Descent," Edward Luce describes judging the National Defense University’s annual exercise in national strategizing (from 2011). The briefers made some excellent points on how to "Make America Great" or probably more accurately, Keep America Great.
The group’s premise was that America still had enough power to shape the kind of world it wanted to see. By 2021 that moment would have passed. The country needed to act very fast and very pragmatically. “The window on America’s hegemony is closing,” said the officer selected to provide the briefing. “We are at a point right now where we still have choices. A decade from now we won’t.”
- We are way too dependent on our military. We should sharply reduce are global footprint by winding up all wars and by closing peacetime military bases.

- We should not to go to war with Iran. We have to learn to live with a nuclear-armed Iran.

- We should recognize the inevitable and green light China’s military domination of the Taiwan Strait in exchange for China pushing North Korea to unite with South Korea.

- The #1 threat facing us is our rising debt burden and our #1 goal should be to restore American prosperity.

- We to shrink the Pentagon budget by at least 20% by closing overseas bases, reducing the number of those in uniform by 100,000 and by cutting the number of aircraft carrier battle groups.

- Most of the savings would be spent on civilian priorities such as infrastructure, education and foreign aid.

- None of this would be possible if we were at war or under threat of war. It could be pulled off only if America were effectively to cede or share domination over large parts of the world.
I agree with the majority of this.

It won't happen, though. We will continue to tiptoe past the cemetery on the debt, and nobody understands China well enough to acquiesce to giving up Taiwan.

YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Re: The Official

Post by YoUDeeMan »

CID1990 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:In his book “Time To Start Thing: America In The Age of Descent," Edward Luce describes judging the National Defense University’s annual exercise in national strategizing (from 2011). The briefers made some excellent points on how to "Make America Great" or probably more accurately, Keep America Great.

It won't happen, though. We will continue to tiptoe past the cemetery on the debt, and nobody understands China well enough to acquiesce to giving up Taiwan.

:nod:

China plays the long game.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote:

I agree with almost all of it as well and I'm not sure China can realistically influence a reunification of the Koreas at this point. China is interesting, both complex and simple at the same time. I would hope that professional diplomats could figure them out but we keep stubbing our toes when we deal with them so you're probably right.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I agree with almost all of it as well and I'm not sure China can realistically influence a reunification of the Koreas at this point. China is interesting, both complex and simple at the same time. I would hope that professional diplomats could figure them out but we keep stubbing our toes when we deal with them so you're probably right.
The Norks are easy to figure out but we won't wash our hands of them because our leadership is made up of politicians, and politicians must always be seen to be DOING SOMETHING

The bottom line is that when we ignore NoKo they start beating the drums. What we seem to never learn is that China will only allow them to go so far. China just spanked them by cutting off a lot of money recently over Un's antics and this development came with no urging on our part.

China will not allow a US ally on their border (though giving ground on Taiwan might change their thinking) and they also dont want a war on their border. So a stable Nork regime is what they want, and they will pull the necessary strings to get it.

We should ignore North Korea, but monitor them as far as their exporting of nuke tech goes. But we don't need to engage them to clamp down on that.

I'm also in favor of serving notice to the UN that they should pay for our presence in South Korea. Foot the entire bill, or send in a true multinational force to enforce the armistice. Otherwise we leave. We have exceeded our responsibilities there.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
The Norks are easy to figure out but we won't wash our hands of them because our leadership is made up of politicians, and politicians must always be seen to be DOING SOMETHING

The bottom line is that when we ignore NoKo they start beating the drums. What we seem to never learn is that China will only allow them to go so far. China just spanked them by cutting off a lot of money recently over Un's antics and this development came with no urging on our part.

China will not allow a US ally on their border (though giving ground on Taiwan might change their thinking) and they also dont want a war on their border. So a stable Nork regime is what they want, and they will pull the necessary strings to get it.

We should ignore North Korea, but monitor them as far as their exporting of nuke tech goes. But we don't need to engage them to clamp down on that.

I'm also in favor of serving notice to the UN that they should pay for our presence in South Korea. Foot the entire bill, or send in a true multinational force to enforce the armistice. Otherwise we leave. We have exceeded our responsibilities there.

This truly seems like no-brainer. You would think China would be forced to deal with them, and would.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

:coffee:

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)