AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Official

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
LeadBolt wrote:
As usual, we seem to have a bit of a difference in interpretation.
Government creates things, some big, some small, all the time. Government created the Columbia Basin Reclamation Project which the private sector has benefited from in a thousand ways. Government recreated a Spokane River that once again sustains a healthy population of native Redband Rainbow trout.

While government is indeed funded by taxing those who create things, those creators also benefit from those taxes. But government also is also slightly funded by takers (both wealthy and poor) who create practically nothing.

Disagree?
Disagree. AMERICANS created those things with OUR money. "Government" was just an intermediary.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
LeadBolt wrote:
Ok Jack___, we are all created equal under the law, but we are not all created equal in terms of talents, interests, drive, resources, physical ability, etc.

Gubment is to provide an atmosphere where we are all free to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as each individual sees fit for themselves. It is not the job of gubment to guarantee equal outcome for all.

The gubment should guarantee equal rights for all people, not special rights for any particular group in trying to tip the scales in one direction or another..
As philosophically spot on ^ as this is... and it is
it lacks the Practical, Cynical and Eventual surrendering of the said "neutral atmosphere"

as power concentrates in the hands of one group... and it always does
Feel free to call that group "those that help themselves'' if that makes you feel better

but as it concentrates under one groups control
that group will construct a legal system modified for them exclusively
and not only will it defend them it will embolden them further
for the concentration of even greater power

Epstien / Trump / Clinton / Koch / etc.

They can do whatever the fuck they want with virtually zero accountability
and not because "Things are Equal" as your fantasy Democratic Republic 101 story suggests
To be fair, he said it's what government "SHOULD DO"...he didn't claim it's what they DID. :lol: :lol:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Government creates things, some big, some small, all the time. Government created the Columbia Basin Reclamation Project which the private sector has benefited from in a thousand ways. Government recreated a Spokane River that once again sustains a healthy population of native Redband Rainbow trout.

While government is indeed funded by taxing those who create things, those creators also benefit from those taxes. But government also is also slightly funded by takers (both wealthy and poor) who create practically nothing.

Disagree?
Disagree. AMERICANS created those things with OUR money. "Government" was just an intermediary.
I’m not sure you quite understand how this all works... :?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I think it's YOU who fails to understand... :nod: :nod:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: No, like education and healthcare and technology and energy and finance and consulting and hospitality and almost everything that has to do with providing a service.

You know, about 80% of our jobs and annual GDP. :?
Education? Seriously? Do you KNOW what 90% of people in education make?
I know quite a few Aircraft Maintenance Technicians that make over $130K pretty easily. Teachers make about that much, don't they? :D
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
I refer back to that old "We the people" thing.

https://www.facebook.com/FoxBusiness/vi ... =2&theater
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

LeadBolt wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I refer back to that old "We the people" thing.

https://www.facebook.com/FoxBusiness/vi ... =2&theater
I like that old “we the people” thing. I’m not sure how it supports your argument though. :?

And your link simply took me to my own Facebook newsfeed. :?
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I know quite a few Aircraft Maintenance Technicians that make over $130K pretty easily. Teachers make about that much, don't they? :D
People are paid what the payer thinks they are worth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
LeadBolt wrote:
Ok Jack___, we are all created equal under the law, but we are not all created equal in terms of talents, interests, drive, resources, physical ability, etc.

Gubment is to provide an atmosphere where we are all free to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as each individual sees fit for themselves. It is not the job of gubment to guarantee equal outcome for all.

The gubment should guarantee equal rights for all people, not special rights for any particular group in trying to tip the scales in one direction or another..
it lacks the Practical, Cynical and Eventual surrendering of the said "neutral atmosphere"

Feel free to call that group "those that help themselves'' if that makes you feel better

and not because "Things are Equal" as your fantasy Democratic Republic 101 story suggests

This has nothing to do with your post...

But is it just me, or does the fat cat in that meme look like every "eternal Jew" ever depicted in Der Sturmer in the 1930s?

Maybe our resident eugenicist JSO can tell us more about the clearly ethnic Jewish characteristics of that guy
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

But is it just me, or does the fat cat in that meme look like every "eternal Jew" ever depicted in Der Sturmer in the 1930s?

Maybe our resident eugenicist JSO can tell us more about the clearly ethnic Jewish characteristics of that guy

1) As long as the Judicial is a branch of Government - then I think it is related
2) Why bring jews into this..?

:geek:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

1) As long as the Judicial is a branch of Government - then I think it is related
2) Why bring jews into this..?

:geek:
I was prefacing my own reply to you

when I first saw the image it reminded me of these:

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3

Post by LeadBolt »

The "We the people" thing has to do with AZ's point that the gubment is just using our money to fund things, not really creating anything beyond that. In many instances they actually impede things. It's sort of like how lightly regulated and taxed Lyft and Uber run circles around heavily regulated and taxed old-line taxi companies.

With regard to Chizzy's post about wealthy individuals I submit this op-ed that the real folks with influence and power that avoid laws are the left leaning non profits.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-lefts- ... opin_pos_3
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

LeadBolt wrote:The "We the people" thing has to do with AZ's point that the gubment is just using our money to fund things, not really creating anything beyond that. In many instances they actually impede things. It's sort of like how lightly regulated and taxed Lyft and Uber run circles around heavily regulated and taxed old-line taxi companies.

With regard to Chizzy's post about wealthy individuals I submit this op-ed that the real folks with influence and power that avoid laws are the left leaning non profits.

Yeah...the Humane Society > than Raytheon... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thankfully, the article is behind a paywall or else I'd be dummer for reading another WSJ op-ed. You're losing badly here, LB. Time to call a time out. :lol:
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3

Post by LeadBolt »

kalm wrote:
LeadBolt wrote:The "We the people" thing has to do with AZ's point that the gubment is just using our money to fund things, not really creating anything beyond that. In many instances they actually impede things. It's sort of like how lightly regulated and taxed Lyft and Uber run circles around heavily regulated and taxed old-line taxi companies.

Thankfully, the article is behind a paywall or else I'd be dummer for reading another WSJ op-ed. You're losing badly here, LB. Time to call a time out. :lol:
No more like Planned Parenthood > the Koch's. Look at the money rolling into Dems. > than Reps. How do you think that PP gets away with 500,000 murders a year and selling body parts?

It's more like PP kills people, the NRA doesn't, but the spin and lie told by the left is just the opposite.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3

Post by LeadBolt »

mainejeff2 wrote:
LeadBolt wrote:Don't get me wrong, we need gubment to provide essential services, protect our interests, to referee, provide a basic safety net and a safe environment where producers can produce and all can pursue their dreams and be held accountable equally according to their gifts.
I'm still trying to understand what you are getting at...???

The bolded part just doesn't make sense. A common worker and the CEO of Boeing should be held accountable equally according to their gifts. WTF does that even mean? You are staying that they should both obey laws & regulations equally......but then something changes according to their "gifts". To me that says that those laws will not be enforced equally because the CEO earns more money & has more power (I'm not sure I would call that a "gift"). So the first part of that...."should both be held accountable equally" goes out the window due to some "gift".....which really is another way of saying that an individual is getting special privileges based on his/her status. Yup.....very Conk-like. :thumb: :roll:

:coffee:
Whatever. You have twisted my statement beyond my recognition. The common worker and CEO used their gifts to get where they are, not where they are is their gift. The common worker may have even greater gifts than the CEO, but choose to use them in a different way, hence pursued their dreams differently.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Starvation wages in Seattle. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:So...

A Trump - Tocqueville comparison was inevitable, right?

https://www.city-journal.org/democracy- ... ocqueville

I think there’s some truths in there for everybody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Holy shit is that a tremendous read. Thanks for posting it CID!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :nod: :nod: :nod:

ps Don't tell Citadelgrad that we have a democracy. :lol:
Agreed - fantastic read and a spot on analysis of how we are where we are right now. This snippet was especially on target...
The trouble with success in a democratic nation is that it leaves its failures behind, still holding votes with which to impede or overturn those to whom it owes its success. So, as Tocqueville also shows, democracy becomes its own unsparing critic. Trump’s educated opponents do not quite realize what has hit them, and they try to identify it as some force hostile to democracy—fascism or authoritarianism or just plain conservatism. In fact, their enemy comes from within their own egalitarianism, of which the vulgar Trump is a truer expression than they are, who constantly promote it but don’t practice it.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

LeadBolt wrote:
kalm wrote:

No more like Planned Parenthood > the Koch's. Look at the money rolling into Dems. > than Reps. How do you think that PP gets away with 500,000 murders a year and selling body parts?

It's more like PP kills people, the NRA doesn't, but the spin and lie told by the left is just the opposite.
Absolutely none of this ^ is related to anything from our previous debate points...

:shock:

at least I can't reasonably connect the dots you are connecting
I'm totally cool with debating planned Parenthood or whatever but how did we just get there?
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Starvation wages in Seattle. :coffee:
Probably, so that is why they all live north of Everett. I have met quite a few employees where both spouses started right out of high school and have insane retirements. The benefit of saving early.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:

*dumber

Oh, the irony. :rofl:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

*dumber

I’ve never been good at spelling dummer. :tothehand:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

mainejeff2 wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Registered donk. But now that the DNC is openly embracing Marxism, I have a hard time seeing myself vote for any donks in the near future.
I'm a Republican but the Party of Reagan has been going down the tubes for the last 20 years culminating in the election of Donald J. Trump. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: I'm done with them!

And Trump isn't an establishment repub, so at least now maybe you get it a little. :thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
*dumber

I’ve never been good at spelling dummer. :tothehand:
We all know that you're a dumby.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:
I'm a Republican but the Party of Reagan has been going down the tubes for the last 20 years culminating in the election of Donald J. Trump. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: I'm done with them!

And Trump isn't an establishment repub, so at least now maybe you get it a little. :thumb:
Bullshit. Trump is the Republican party. :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
css75
Level3
Level3

The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by css75 »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote: And Trump isn't an establishment repub, so at least now maybe you get it a little. :thumb:
Bullshit. Trump is the Republican party. :rofl:

But it is an American Republican Party not a Russian one. Your girl pantsuit Hilly is the losing party.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk