Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: That already happened with Clinton, and Obomba..What goes around, comes around.
And it's coming around again. :nod: :nod: :nod:

:coffee:
Isn't this fun?? :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Well, if you were in power and the opposition party in the House was launching numerous obviously politically motivated investigations, including on issues that had already been throughly investigated in exhaustive detail the previous 2 years by a special counsel, would you just sit there and cave, or fight it though denial, stonewall and delay?

Then again, I can laugh at myself and i'm not a arrogant, egotistical cunt like Trump.
:orly:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

Then again, I can laugh at myself and i'm not a arrogant, egotistical cunt like Trump.
:orly:
Fo sho

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: The donks want to rehash what has already been covered in Mueller’s 2 year investigation.
What they want is to have what was documented by the investigation played out on television. Trump does not want that because he knows it would make him look very bad. The Democrats do want that because they know it would make Trump look very bad.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Re: The Official

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:You cannot use their formula because a removal order in absentia is not issued in most no show cases (another way our immigration system is broken).
Do you have some basis for saying that beyond your personal experience and perception? Can you document your claim that, globally, "a removal order in abstentia is not issued in most no show cases?"
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:You cannot use their formula because a removal order in absentia is not issued in most no show cases (another way our immigration system is broken).
Do you have some basis for saying that beyond your personal experience and perception? Can you document your claim that, globally, "a removal order in abstentia is not issued in most no show cases?"
Well, John - since I am one of those "experts" in the field, my personal experience actually does matter..

In ten years of viewing literally tens of thousands of cases for 9A and 9B ineligibilities, a good chunk of them from El Salvador, I can count on one hand how many failures to show resulted in an actual deport order on the first sitting.

Feel free to research the dockets of our immigration courts and you'll see it as well.

Also - OF COURSE people show up for asylum hearings. asylum claims are a small portion of the catch and release population. AND - when they show up for an asylum hearing and are found to be frivolous or having a no claim, they are THEN released again, pending an actual status hearing, for which they do not show up.

Bad data is what you posted.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Well, if you were in power and the opposition party in the House was launching numerous obviously politically motivated investigations, including on issues that had already been throughly investigated in exhaustive detail the previous 2 years by a special counsel, would you just sit there and cave, or fight it though denial, stonewall and delay?
I wouldn't make it look like i've got something to hide. And when the report says I didn't commit treason, I'd welcome it and let that be that. I wouldn't act like a child or a bitch for most of my presidency.

Then again, I can laugh at myself and i'm not a arrogant, egotistical cunt like Trump. I can take criticism as long as it's constructive.

And unlike him, I don't think Russian interference de-legitimizes his win in 2016.
Dont sell yourself short, youre an incredible cunt.........

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: And then it'll happen again and again. And you all will bitch about it.

Or, our "leaders" can step up and not pull this sort of crap. This tit for tat crap. But that means we need to elect leaders and actually hold them accountable.
Well, if you were in power and the opposition party in the House was launching numerous obviously politically motivated investigations, including on issues that had already been throughly investigated in exhaustive detail the previous 2 years by a special counsel, would you just sit there and cave, or fight it though denial, stonewall and delay?
I wouldn't be doing shady deals with Russia so I wouldn't even have to deal with it.

Go Black Bears!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by Ibanez »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I wouldn't make it look like i've got something to hide. And when the report says I didn't commit treason, I'd welcome it and let that be that. I wouldn't act like a child or a bitch for most of my presidency.

Then again, I can laugh at myself and i'm not a arrogant, egotistical cunt like Trump. I can take criticism as long as it's constructive.

And unlike him, I don't think Russian interference de-legitimizes his win in 2016.
Dont sell yourself short, youre an incredible cunt.........

I've been called an asshole plenty. But never arrogant or egotistical. Or a cunt. A dickhead, sure. :thumb:

I accept my faults and try to change them. :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Well, John - since I am one of those "experts" in the field, my personal experience actually does matter..

In ten years of viewing literally tens of thousands of cases for 9A and 9B ineligibilities, a good chunk of them from El Salvador, I can count on one hand how many failures to show resulted in an actual deport order on the first sitting.

Feel free to research the dockets of our immigration courts and you'll see it as well.

Also - OF COURSE people show up for asylum hearings. asylum claims are a small portion of the catch and release population. AND - when they show up for an asylum hearing and are found to be frivolous or having a no claim, they are THEN released again, pending an actual status hearing, for which they do not show up.

Yeah, but Trump!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Well, you'll have to excuse me but I'll go with what appears to be going on with the guy who wrote the article at https://cis.org/Report/Courting-Disaster. He is a former immigration court judge. Also, he was arguing that the failure to appear rate is higher than Justice Department statistics suggest. But he argued that the rate is 37%. Also, as far as I can tell, he is accepting the in abstentia rate as the "failure to appear" rate. His argument is data based. Not a general impression based on his personal experience. And though he is arguing that the failure to appear rate is high the rate he is talking about, if anywhere close to accurate, means the statement that most illegal aliens don't show up for their hearings is false.

His big argument isn't about the in abstentia rate as reported by the Department of Justice not being a good metric for failure to appear. It's about counting detained aliens in the equation. In other words, he wrote that the problem is dividing the in abstentia rate by ALL illegals with hearings when it should be dividing it just by those who are released prior to their hearings. I think that makes perfect sense.

But it still appears to contradict your point of view. If it does not please explain.
Could I ever be a star?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JSO using cooked stats to argue against an industry expert. This should end well.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Well, you'll have to excuse me but I'll go with what appears to be going on with the guy who wrote the article at https://cis.org/Report/Courting-Disaster. He is a former immigration court judge. Also, he was arguing that the failure to appear rate is higher than Justice Department statistics suggest. But he argued that the rate is 37%. Also, as far as I can tell, he is accepting the in abstentia rate as the "failure to appear" rate. His argument is data based. Not a general impression based on his personal experience. And though he is arguing that the failure to appear rate is high the rate he is talking about, if anywhere close to accurate, means the statement that most illegal aliens don't show up for their hearings is false.

His big argument isn't about the in abstentia rate as reported by the Department of Justice not being a good metric for failure to appear. It's about counting detained aliens in the equation. In other words, he wrote that the problem is dividing the in abstentia rate by ALL illegals with hearings when it should be dividing it just by those who are released prior to their hearings. I think that makes perfect sense.

But it still appears to contradict your point of view. If it does not please explain.
Ok - I see where the disconnect is here.

In absentia orders make up 75% percent of all orders of removal. That is different from the total number of aliens with orders to appear who do not appear. So I'll concede that point.

The numbers I deal with are the bad actors, and therefore I see that 75% in my line of work. In fact, it is probably higher than that.

However, I agree completely with the author on his remedies. Especially the barring of waiver relief for people who have been given deport orders in absentia.

One final note- did you know that CIS is a SPLC designated hate group?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Clitz will love this one -

French is spot on

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/04/ ... l-witness/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:Clitz will love this one -

French is spot on

:clap: French nailed it. I never read NR, I may have to throw it into the rotation.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

US economy grows by 3.2% in the first quarter, topping expectations

....best growth to start a year in four years. First-quarter GDP expanded by 3.2%, the Bureau of Economic Analysis said in its initial read of the economy for that period. Economists polled by Dow Jones expected the U.S. economy increased by 2.5% in the first quarter. It was the first time since 2015 that first-quarter GDP topped 3%.....”
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/26/gdp-q1- ... -read.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

French is spot on

That Graham, or ANY evangelical, is stupid enough to put their words/weight behind ANY politician just shows how dumb they really are. Here's a hint, you religious types: If a politician's lips are moving, he's lying. The fact that the person may proclaim to agree with you (until it's politically expedient NOT TO) on a couple of fringe social issues doesn't make them a better person. And when you DO put your weight behind one while flame spraying another, your hypocrisy gets pointed out like in this article and any semblance of credibility you had left is eroded even further.

Honestly, the church should just stay the fuck out of the political arena altogether.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
One final note- did you know that CIS is a SPLC designated hate group?
No but I am not surprised. The SPLC is a little broad in the way it does that.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:US economy grows by 3.2% in the first quarter, topping expectations

....best growth to start a year in four years. First-quarter GDP expanded by 3.2%, the Bureau of Economic Analysis said in its initial read of the economy for that period. Economists polled by Dow Jones expected the U.S. economy increased by 2.5% in the first quarter. It was the first time since 2015 that first-quarter GDP topped 3%.....”
Now, see, when you quote that one wonders why one thinks that means things are better now under Trump. It's saying that it's the best 1st quarter growth rate since the one that happened during Obama's second to last year. And if you look it up you find that the 1st quarter growth rate during Obama's second to last year was slightly higher than 3.2% at 3.3%.

So...like...the fact that it was the highest first quarter rate since it happened under Obama is supposed to make everybody thing "OH WOW! THINGS ARE REALLY A LOT BETTER NOW!"
Could I ever be a star?

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

French is spot on

The Church has been shoveling their moral high ground into this dumpster fire for 2 years now...
Proving that their faith in their book is bullsh!t - it's just a tool to be used against others
Proving that their morality is more posturing than any actual belief system

Proving by their own actions and words
that American Christianity is a actually just a well run money grab

Last edited by Chizzang on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Good News! The Gold Standard poll has issued a report and it suggests Trump is still way under water on job approval. Also only 31% of respondents thought the Mueller report cleared Trump while 53% thought it did not.

Did not show support for impeachment but that's OK at this point. Impeachment would be a waste of time because Republicans in Congress including the Senate have zero integrity. They're all in with the Trump corruption.

I'm talking about the ABC News/Washington Post poll.

Another interesting and encouraging thing: As I've noted before only 6 of the more than 300 polls rated by 538 are rated A+. Two show up on the current Real Clear Politics average of polls for Trump's job approval right now. The ABC News/Washington Post poll is one. The Monmouth poll is the other. Trump is 12 percentage points under water in the ABC News/Washington Post poll and 14 percentage points under water in the Monmouth poll.

It's good to see that the majority is still not buying it.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:

French is spot on

The Church has been shoveling their moral high ground into this dumpster fire for 2 years now...
Proving that their faith in their book is bullsh!t
Proving that their morality is more posturing than a belief system

Proving by their own actions and words
that American Christianity is a actually just a well run money grab

Mainline Protestant denominations have been losing members and money for years, although that may have levelled off recently. Evangelicals holding their own but not surging. Fastest growing group over past 20 years is the “unchurched”/ “Nones”/ Chizzangs. :nod:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

BDKJMU wrote:US economy grows by 3.2% in the first quarter, topping expectations

Just shows that Trump really is smarter than everyone else commenting on him.

TRUMP did this against everyone else, its why hes Americas President and its why we voted for him.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:

French is spot on

That Graham, or ANY evangelical, is stupid enough to put their words/weight behind ANY politician just shows how dumb they really are. Here's a hint, you religious types: If a politician's lips are moving, he's lying. The fact that the person may proclaim to agree with you (until it's politically expedient NOT TO) on a couple of fringe social issues doesn't make them a better person. And when you DO put your weight behind one while flame spraying another, your hypocrisy gets pointed out like in this article and any semblance of credibility you had left is eroded even further.

Honestly, the church should just stay the **** out of the political arena altogether.
Or start paying taxes, like I do. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:

Now, see, when you quote that one wonders why one thinks that means things are better now under Trump. It's saying that it's the best 1st quarter growth rate since the one that happened during Obama's second to last year. And if you look it up you find that the 1st quarter growth rate during Obama's second to last year was slightly higher than 3.2% at 3.3%.

So...like...the fact that it was the highest first quarter rate since it happened under Obama is supposed to make everybody thing "OH WOW! THINGS ARE REALLY A LOT BETTER NOW!"
You’re right, John. Because economic conditions in 2015 were EXACTLY like they are today. Obama achieved 3.3% in a zero rate environment after THREE massive QE’s. Trump achieved 3.2% in the face of NINE rate increases and the Fed unwinding their balance sheet, but you already knew that. You seriously need to just STFU when it comes to economic discussions.