Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:28 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:25 pm

Because I just saw it.

In other words: You still don't have good arguments for saying stuff like that.
:oops:

back to you, Z....
Nope. I've made it clear I'm done arguing with idiots. :thumb: :thumb:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:06 am
houndawg wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:28 am

:oops:

back to you, Z....
Bye, Felicia.

(No wait...)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:11 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:06 am

Bye, Felicia.

(No wait...)
:tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand:

I'm not going anywhere. Just done trying to convince an idiot he's an idiot.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:24 am
kalm wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:11 am

Bye, Felicia.

(No wait...)

Have you tried that on yourself?

:nutkick: :mrgreen:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:09 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:24 am

Have you tried that on yourself?

:nutkick: :mrgreen:
Ha!! That reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where Costanza has his comeback line all ready..."Really? Well the Jerk Store just called and apparently they're all out of you!". That's gold, Jerry, gold. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:46 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:36 pm
Not proven doesn’t mean disproven.
DA has revoked the emergency use authorization (EUA) to use hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat COVID-19 in certain hospitalized patients when a clinical trial is unavailable or participation is not feasible. We made this determination based on recent results from a large, randomized clinical trial in hospitalized patients that found these medicines showed no benefit for decreasing the likelihood of death or speeding recovery. This outcome was consistent with other new data, including those showing the suggested dosing for these medicines are unlikely to kill or inhibit the virus that causes COVID-19.
https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-a ... setting-or
A National Institutes of Health clinical trial evaluating the safety and effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of adults with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has formally concluded that the drug provides no clinical benefit to hospitalized patients. Though found not to cause harm, early findings in June when the trial was stopped indicated that the drug was not improving outcomes in COVID-19 patients.
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-re ... d-covid-19

HCQ for people infected with COVID‐19 has little or no effect on the risk of death and probably no effect on progression to mechanical ventilation. Adverse events are tripled compared to placebo, but very few serious adverse events were found. No further trials of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for treatment should be carried out.

These results make it less likely that the drug is effective in protecting people from infection, although this is not excluded entirely. It is probably sensible to complete trials examining prevention of infection, and ensure these are carried out to a high standard to provide unambiguous results.

Key messages

Hydroxychloroquine does not reduce deaths from COVID‐19, and probably does not reduce the number of people needing mechanical ventilation.

Hydroxychloroquine caused more unwanted effects than a placebo treatment, though it did not appear to increase the number of serious unwanted effects.
https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/do ... iesEnabled

Observation and clinical studies suggest otherwise. :coffee:
Your 1st 2 links are from last yr. The 3rd doesn’t work.

You said they have been DISPROVEN, which is saying proven not to work.
Subsequent studies came out that showed the drug did not work on patients who were already sick. Alpert said the drug may be useful as a preventative measure but those studies have not been widely done.

"We need more data, it's a new virus and we don't have all the answers right now," Alpert said. "Science is a constantly evolving entity. What is true today can be false tomorrow with new studies and new observations."
https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did ... id-1565459

Not proven, or showing no benefit in some studies, doesn’t mean proven not to work, or disproven.

You statement that Hyroxychloroquine has been DISPROVEN is false.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:55 am

Subsequent studies came out that showed the drug did not work on patients who were already sick. Alpert said the drug may be useful as a preventative measure but those studies have not been widely done.

"We need more data, it's a new virus and we don't have all the answers right now," Alpert said. "Science is a constantly evolving entity. What is true today can be false tomorrow with new studies and new observations."

Not proven, or showing no benefit in some studies, doesn’t mean proven not to work, or disproven.

You're a nitpicky, son of a bitch. You know that? :lol: Not proven or showing any benefit against COVID means that it doesn't work. :lol:

HCQ has been shown to have no benefit. Zero. If the use of HCQ does NOTHING then that tells me it does not work. The belief that HCQ was an effective treatment for COVID-19 was shown to be false (or disproved) by various clinical trials.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... prevention
All of the randomized controlled trials came to the same conclusion: There was, unfortunately, no demonstrated benefit in the use of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rial-flops
Proven to be ineffective

Of course, when you're combining HCQ with another drug in real use, you can't be sure which one is and isn't effective. Over a year into this thing and the consensus is that HCQ is mostly safe but it's ineffective. It doesn't work to heal and help you recover. You would think in a global pandemic with millions dying - if it was found to be helpful then it would be used as such.

I find it ironic you posted that link about science evolving. Does that mean, that on the whole, you accept that science is ever changing? Perhaps...biology?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

:suspicious: No it isn't. Your own quote indicates that it has been disproven for "patients who were already sick." You want to nitpick and deflect by focusing on "the drug may be useful as a preventative measure but those studies have not been widely done" to argue that Hyroxychloroquine hasn't been disproven at all. BDK going to BDK.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:17 am

:suspicious: No it isn't. Your own quote indicates that it has been disproven for "patients who were already sick." You want to nitpick and deflect by focusing on "the drug may be useful as a preventative measure but those studies have not been widely done" to argue that Hyroxychloroquine hasn't been disproven at all. BDK going to BDK.
That statement makes me wonder....why make the distinction of patients being sick?

If patients aren't sick with COVID, outside of malaria, lupus and any other illness in which HCQ is an approved and efficient treatment, why would anyone be taking it? :suspicious:

If you aren't sick, then you are well.
If you're well, why are you treating yourself with HCQ (or any drug?)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:51 am
That statement makes me wonder....why make the distinction of patients being sick?

If patients aren't sick with COVID, outside of malaria, lupus and any other illness in which HCQ is an approved and efficient treatment, why would anyone be taking it? :suspicious:

Maybe if you're a Trump worshipping MAGAt who refuses to take the vaccine but doesn't want to get the COVID you take HCQ as a preventative. The potential side effects of HCQ seem to be worse than the potential side effects of the vaccine though so I'm not sure if that's a rational decision.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

And yet we’ve forced millions and millions of “well” people to wear masks for no reason....
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:33 pm

And yet we’ve forced millions and millions of “well” people to wear masks for no reason....
Yep.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

You don't think in the early days of the Pandemic when we knew nothing about it, that wearing a mask as a precaution to help slow the spread was a good preventative measure?

There's an argument to be made about the prolonged wearing of them but to say " for no reason" is just intellectually dishonest.
Last edited by Ibanez on Thu May 20, 2021 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:24 am

Maybe if you're a Trump worshipping MAGAt who refuses to take the vaccine but doesn't want to get the COVID you take HCQ as a preventative. The potential side effects of HCQ seem to be worse than the potential side effects of the vaccine though so I'm not sure if that's a rational decision.
Taking health advice from a guy that mainlines Quarter pounders and believes we have a finite amount of energy so it's best not wasted on exercise isn't a rational decision.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Well we do have an novel pandemic that’s killed millions world wide and that’s transmitted through the air.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:46 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:58 am
President Trump is closing out his time in office with a significant increase in the stock market, but has fallen short of stock gains seen under predecessors former Presidents Obama and Clinton.

From Trump's inauguration day, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose from 19,827 to 30,930 on Tuesday, a 56 percent increase.

That increase is below the 73.2 percent rise the Dow saw in Obama's first term, or the 105.8 percent increase under Clinton's first term.

ADVERTISEMENT
A similar trend was true for the S&P 500, which gained 67.8 percent under Trump, rising from 2,263 to 3,799. It gained 84.5 percent in Obama's first term, and 79.2 percent in Clinton's first term.

The sole exception in the past three decades has been former President George W. Bush, who saw the Dow fall 3.7 percent and the S&P fall 12.5 percent in his first four years in office.

The figure will be unwelcome news to Trump, who frequently touted the stock market's performance as a sign of his economic acumen and business-minded policies.

[/quote

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/5348 ... ma-clinton
What a stupid article. Why don't they list what the Dow numbers were for Obama's first term? The numbers were smaller so the percent gain looks bigger. Would people look at it differently if the article said the Dow gained 11,130 points during Trump's term but only 5,700 points during Obama's first term? Same would be true of Clinton vs. Obama.
Not the ones that are literate. :coffee:

Because thats how you compare numbers that meant different things during different admins. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:58 am

You don't think in the early days of the Pandemic when we knew nothing about it, that wearing a mask as a precaution to help slow the spread was a good preventative measure?

There's an argument to be made about the prolonged wearing of them but to say " for no reason" is just intellectually dishonest.
Be not over-hasty to ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by stupidity. Napolean or somebody else
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Not necessarily - you have to shine a really bright light up your ass when you take Hydroxychloroquine.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:55 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:33 am

The stupid part is measuring economic success with the stock market always as the headline feature. This is true of both Obama and Trump. I don’t know if anyone noticed or cares but there is still a shit ton of disenfranchised people out there from rust belt Uber patriots to Fight for 15 Northwest hipsters.

But hey!...a rising tide!...or something!
Agreed. Trump set so many other meaningful economic records during his presidency, the stock market should be about 10th or 11th on the list of accomplishments. Many of those records will certainly not be broken in my lifetime, and not my children’s lifetime.
Expecially the ones pertaining to treason and criminal enterprise. :coffee:
Last edited by houndawg on Thu May 20, 2021 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:12 am
kalm wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:05 am “Fugitive at large” !

:lol:

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/pl ... YH0lEOPxME

Trump is so far inside the heads of liberals he's living rent free.
Yes he is, and liberals are loving every minute of it! :rofl:

And he won't be paying any rent at all where he's going. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Jaw dropping dishonesty. :rofl:

Both sides (were) doing it on Jan 6th. Only one side remembers... :nod:
A photo emerged of a GOP lawmaker who last week downplayed the Capitol siege and compared the rioters to tourists barricading the House doors with furniture on January 6.

Rep. Andrew Clyde said during a House oversight committee hearing on Wednesday that it was a "bald-faced lie" to call the riot an insurrection. He said the riot, in which hundreds of Trump supporters breached the Capitol, resembled a "normal tourist visit."

After Clyde's comments, a photographer shared a photo he had taken of Clyde using furniture to barricade the House against rioters trying to force their way in to disrupt the certification of President Joe Biden's election victory. Several people died in the riot.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo ... 48005.html

‘Sure we barricade the House Chamber doors pretty much everyday.’

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:06 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:37 am

Why are so many Trump supporters against the vaccine?
Because we're not pussies. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Everybody knows you're lying. :coffee:

You cunts can't even go to WalMart without a gun. Real men are their own weapon of self-defense. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:54 am
kalm wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:49 am

Maybe she didn’t want the corn eaten out of her shit???

(I miss bandl).

How do you know that Jared isn't already doing that?
he's full after Donald's...
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:31 pm On another note, the Trumps will be part of the recent mass exodus of New Yorkers to FL:
https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/donald-tr ... -720316648
Thats just about extradition laws :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:05 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:31 am

It’s worse than for-profit insurance or is it because of for profit insurance?
If you’ve ever dealt with the government end of it you’d understand.
I haven't had any problems with Medicare at all. :coffee: