Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

kalm wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:FWIW..........I LOVE when you explain to Kalm like and 8 year old :coffee:

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
* an

Looser.
Quite you

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

So more JSO and Trip getting pwned on the economics front I see...

...the fact that the Trump '16 win is still paying entertainment dividends is priceless. :lol:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Hey, I have a little bit of perspective for you guys. I decided to just check out how the Dow Jones Industrial Average has done to this point of Trump's tenure as compared to the same point in the tenure of the first terms of the last two Democrat Presidents.

When Bill Clinton took office in January, 1993, the Dow was at 3,242.00. On May 16, 1995 it closed at 4,435.05. That's a 37% increase.

When Barrack Obama took office in January, 2009, the Dow was at 7,949.09. On May 16, 2011, it closed at 12,548.37. That's a 58% increase.

When Donald Trump took office in January, 2017, the Dow was at 19,732.40. It closed today at 25,862.68. That's 31% increase.

So, no, we are not enjoying unprecedented stock market gains under Trump in the terms (percent growth) that matter. If you'd have invested in a DJIA index fund on the day Obama took office you'd have gained substantially more by 2 years and 4 months later than you would have gained as of today if you'd have done it on the day Trump took office.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:Hey, I have a little bit of perspective for you guys. I decided to just check out how the Dow Jones Industrial Average has done to this point of Trump's tenure as compared to the same point in the tenure of the first terms of the last two Democrat Presidents.

When Bill Clinton took office in January, 1993, the Dow was at 3,242.00. On May 16, 1995 it closed at 4,435.05. That's a 37% increase.

When Barrack Obama took office in January, 2009, the Dow was at 7,949.09. On May 16, 2011, it closed at 12,548.37. That's a 58% increase.

When Donald Trump took office in January, 2017, the Dow was at 19,732.40. It closed today at 25,862.68. That's 31% increase.

So, no, we are not enjoying unprecedented stock market gains under Trump in the terms (percent growth) that matter. If you'd have invested in a DJIA index fund on the day Obama took office you'd have gained substantially more by 2 years and 4 months later than you would have gained as of today if you'd have done it on the day Trump took office.
Guess we’ll have to wait and see how the market does in years 7/8 of Trump’s presidency. Since we KNOW how Obama’s last two years went.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:Hey, I have a little bit of perspective for you guys. I decided to just check out how the Dow Jones Industrial Average has done to this point of Trump's tenure as compared to the same point in the tenure of the first terms of the last two Democrat Presidents.

What about the Dow from election day to May 16 for each?

John you have a habit of timing/selecting the parameters of your research so that the results fit your narrative.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote:

John you have a habit of timing/selecting the parameters of your research so that the results fit your narrative.

How about the market from Election Day to the day the took office? :lol:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote:

I’ll say. JSO is Mr. Confirmation Bias.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Face it, your generation's voting record (both Dem/GOP) has stolen from future Americans.

None of you have been fiscal conservatives and it's time to pay the piper.

I'm certainly not going to let you continue stealing from not just my generation, but my children's.

You come from a generation of thieves and commies, redistributing wealth from the future to you.
And the social programs that you support are Ponzi schemes that will steal even more from future generations. Trump's tax cut exasperated an existing problem. You don't fix a spending problem by spending more.

exacerbated.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Official

Post by houndawg »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:**** whiney workers. You guys sure know a lot about running a business for never having the balls to try and run a business before.

I will speak for business owners everywhere by saying **** off and shut up if you don't like it. Do something about YOUR choice to be common

straight from the lips of the whiniest cunt here... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Another set of results from a quality poll that describes an interesting phenomenon:

https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/us/u ... hlw22.pdf/

The phenomenon is that people think the economy is good but they think Trump sucks. So we have this:
The nation’s economy is “excellent,” 22 percent of American voters say in a Quinnipiac
University National Poll today, the highest “excellent” rating for the economy. Another 49
percent of voters say the economy is “good.” The total 71 percent for “excellent” and “good” is
the highest total number for American voter attitudes on the economy in almost 18 years.
Yet, among the same respondents who said all that, 57 percent said they disapprove of Trump's job performance vs. 38 percent who said they approve. Also, 54% said they will definitely NOT vote for Trump next time vs. only 31 percent who said that they definitely WILL vote for him.

Just imagine what it's going to be like if the best thing for the country happens and the next downturn that is inevitably going to happen starts happening about a year from now.
Could I ever be a star?

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

houndawg wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:**** whiney workers. You guys sure know a lot about running a business for never having the balls to try and run a business before.

I will speak for business owners everywhere by saying **** off and shut up if you don't like it. Do something about YOUR choice to be common

straight from the lips of the whiniest cunt here... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Shocking your fat ass was triggered by the truth staring at you every morning in the mirror

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:Another set of results from a quality poll that describes an interesting phenomenon:

The phenomenon is that people think the economy is good but they think Trump sucks. So we have this:
The nation’s economy is “excellent,” 22 percent of American voters say in a Quinnipiac
University National Poll today, the highest “excellent” rating for the economy. Another 49
percent of voters say the economy is “good.” The total 71 percent for “excellent” and “good” is
the highest total number for American voter attitudes on the economy in almost 18 years.
Yet, among the same respondents who said all that, 57 percent said they disapprove of Trump's job performance vs. 38 percent who said they approve. Also, 54% said they will definitely NOT vote for Trump next time vs. only 31 percent who said that they definitely WILL vote for him.

Just imagine what it's going to be like if the best thing for the country happens and the next downturn that is inevitably going to happen starts happening about a year from now.
There you go again, rooting for the country to fail.

Fuck off. :nod:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Another set of results from a quality poll that describes an interesting phenomenon:

**** off. :nod:
Beat me to it. :lol:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

**** off. :nod:
Beat me to it. :lol:
Again, it's not about the country failing. There are cycles. There will be ups and downs. I'm rooting for the next inevitable down to come at a time that maximizes the likelihood of getting rid of Trump. That would be the best thing.

I wan the country to succeed. And getting rid of Trump would be a success. Wouldn't eliminate the failure represented by having Trump end up as President in the first place. But it'd at least be correcting the mistake.
Could I ever be a star?

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Beat me to it. Image
Again, it's not about the country failing. There are cycles. There will be ups and downs. I'm rooting for the next inevitable down to come at a time that maximizes the likelihood of getting rid of Trump. That would be the best thing.

I wan the country to succeed. And getting rid of Trump would be a success. Wouldn't eliminate the failure represented by having Trump end up as President in the first place. But it'd at least be correcting the mistake.
You are in the minority, stop talking poorly about Americas President. You are going to have 6 more years of him

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Not to go all JSO here but...here's a continuation of a pattern:
Trump hires the best people, praises them.
They act responsibly and then either quit or get fired
Trump admonishes them publicly.

Trump insulting Rex Tillerson
Rex Tillerson, a man who is 'dumb as a rock' and totally ill prepared and ill equipped to be Secretary of State, made up a story (he got fired) that I was out-prepared by Vladimir Putin at a meeting in Hamburg, Germany. I don't think Putin would agree. Look how the U.S. is doing!"

:ohno: Makes you got to think of the man that blows hot and cold like this. He has no loyalty to anyone other than himself. :coffee: If you hire someone who is ill prepared for the role, then they aren't the problem. It's you.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:Not to go all JSO here but...here's a continuation of a pattern:

Rex Tillerson, a man who is 'dumb as a rock' and totally ill prepared and ill equipped to be Secretary of State, made up a story (he got fired) that I was out-prepared by Vladimir Putin at a meeting in Hamburg, Germany. I don't think Putin would agree. Look how the U.S. is doing!"

:ohno: Makes you got to think of the man that blows hot and cold like this. He has no loyalty to anyone other than himself. :coffee: If you hire someone who is ill prepared for the role, then they aren't the problem. It's you.
Repeatedly, apparently. :lol: :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

So what’s the “over” on the remaining lifespan of the George-Kellyanne Conway marriage? :lol:

If Trump is re-elected, two years max. :twocents:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Beat me to it. :lol:

You're right. You're rooting for a recession to surely harm millions of Americans, just so the guy YOU don't like isn't president anymore. A guy who has taken this country to rarified air with respect to employment, minority employment, GDP, stock market, wage growth, business & consumer confidence, etc., etc. Let's root for HIM to fail just so he doesn't get reelected.

What a fucking tool you've become. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:

RIght. He hires the best....until they do their jobs. Then they are dumb. :roll: :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:

So what’s the “over” on the remaining lifespan of the George-Kellyanne Conway marriage? :lol:

:lol: If Carville and his wife can make it work....maybe the Conways have a shot.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: So what’s the “over” on the remaining lifespan of the George-Kellyanne Conway marriage? :lol:

:lol: If Carville and his wife can make it work....maybe the Conways have a shot.
Matalin and Carville actually respect each other and keep their different politics out of the limelight. I actually think that Carville is one of the funniest leftish commentators around. The Conways, by contrast, are self-absorbed crybabies.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:
Ibanez wrote: :lol: If Carville and his wife can make it work....maybe the Conways have a shot.
Matalin and Carville actually respect each other and keep their different politics out of the limelight. I actually think that Carville is one of the funniest leftish commentators around. The Conways, by contrast, are self-absorbed crybabies.
I don't remember their hay-day in the 90s but I do agree with your assessment of the Conway's.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

At least Ben Carson knows what Oreo is. That guy has neurosurgeon smarts!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
RIght. He hires the best....until they do their jobs. Then they are dumb. :roll: :lol:
Never seen anything like it. :suspicious: :suspicious: