Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:28 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:33 pm

Democrats use similar logic to justify Biden's command decisions.

I'd prefer they left local matters to local governments/school boards. If local voters don't like it then they can vote them out at the next election.
That’d be great if they acted like adults.
If who acted like adults? The local government/school boards?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:45 am

yes. Or really ANYBODY in a government position to not be drunk on power. That would be greaaaaatttttt....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:33 pm
Democrats use similar logic to justify Biden's command decisions.

I'd prefer they left local matters to local governments/school boards. If local voters don't like it then they can vote them out at the next election.
Trump didn't act like an adult, did that force Pelosi to make the command decisions to impeach him?

Overriding local decisions is a two-edged sword. You might support it while they are overriding decisions that you disagree with but at some point, the approach will be used by people to override decisions that you support. What if Cuomo did the opposite to rules in upstate New York?

Let's let local decisions be made by local governments and school boards.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:22 am

yes. Or really ANYBODY in a government position to not be drunk on power. That would be greaaaaatttttt....
Agreed. :thumb: :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:28 am

Trump didn't act like an adult, did that force Pelosi to make the command decisions to impeach him?

Overriding local decisions is a two-edged sword. You might support it while they are overriding decisions that you disagree with but at some point, the approach will be used by people to override decisions that you support. What if Cuomo did the opposite to rules in upstate New York?

Government for me..not for thee
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:32 am

Government for me..not for thee
:nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

as long as they act like adults. :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:22 am

Some of us still act like adults.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:44 am
HI54UNI wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:11 pm

The Iowa legislature passed several laws this year limiting local control. I am not happy about it. Between being a school board member and a municipal utility guy I'm very much in favor of local control. But the assholes on the school boards in Des Moines and Iowa City decided to play politics with Covid response and fucked the rest of us over. :evil:
Everyone has played politics with the COVID response. At this point - it should be up to the town/city/school board. SC has taken away power from the school boards and cities...but in true SC fashion - cities and school boards have rebelled. Columbia - home of the Governor - has a mask-mandate. The school board for my daughters school isn't mandating masks in the class room - but they will be required on the bus (against the law.)

It should be up to the parents and local control - not politicians trying to score points with superficial, mask mandates. There's no need for a state house to determine if a community wants to mandate masks. Zero.
There's playing politics and then there's outright stupidity. When you're at bottom of the power pyramid you might be able to push back some but you can't tell the people at the top to fuck off. It's not going to end well for you. And that's what the dipshits in Des Moines did. And now we are all paying the price.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:02 am

IMO, part of acting like an adult is respecting other people's opinions. That might disqualify DeSantis and and bunch of other (Republican and Democrat) governors.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:10 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:44 am

Everyone has played politics with the COVID response. At this point - it should be up to the town/city/school board. SC has taken away power from the school boards and cities...but in true SC fashion - cities and school boards have rebelled. Columbia - home of the Governor - has a mask-mandate. The school board for my daughters school isn't mandating masks in the class room - but they will be required on the bus (against the law.)

It should be up to the parents and local control - not politicians trying to score points with superficial, mask mandates. There's no need for a state house to determine if a community wants to mandate masks. Zero.
There's playing politics and then there's outright stupidity. When you're at bottom of the power pyramid you might be able to push back some but you can't tell the people at the top to fuck off. It's not going to end well for you. And that's what the dipshits in Des Moines did. And now we are all paying the price.
:thumb: Got it.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:13 am

IMO, part of acting like an adult is respecting other people's opinions. That might disqualify DeSantis and and bunch of other (Republican and Democrat) governors.
Nah. All that matters is #winning
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Truth.

It’s a challenge with a culture built strongly on personal responsibility and freedom. (Not arguing with you. Just adding to yours and Fiver’s excellent posts).
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:49 am

Truth.

It’s a challenge with a culture built strongly on personal responsibility and freedom. (Not arguing with you. Just adding to yours and Fiver’s excellent posts).
But what if that opinion is retarded? Are we still to respect it?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:54 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:49 am

Truth.

Have you ever had a regarded opinion?

Have their been opinions widely regarded as retarded that ended up being the truth?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:14 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:54 pm

Have their been opinions widely regarded as retarded that ended up being the truth?
I’ve had a regarded one, but not a retarded one.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:55 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:14 pm

I’ve had a regarded one, but not a retarded one.
:lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

A judge has ordered that Norwegian Cruise Lines can defy Desantis’s order and require proof of vaccination.

Dallas Public Schools are requiring masks in defiance of Abbot’s orders.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:58 pm A judge has ordered that Norwegian Cruise Lines can defy Desantis’s order and require proof of vaccination.

ooooh. Abbot isn't going to like parents and local governments determining for themselves. No sir. That sort of autonomy isn't acceptable to Big Government Republicans like Abbot, McMaster or DeSantis.

Florida is facing the same rebellion
Two Florida school districts are refusing to allow parents to opt out of having their children wear masks in school, risking financial retribution and the ire of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

As ABC News reports, the superintendents of Leon and Alachua counties have come forward with their plans to enforce mask mandates, citing the latest surge in COVID-19 cases brought on by the delta variant.

“If something happened and things went sideways for us this week and next week as we started school, and heaven forbid we lost a child to this virus, I can’t just simply blame the governor of the state. I can’t,” Leon County superintendent Rocky Hanna said during a news conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
“If there’s an out and I didn’t take the out, and I didn’t do what was best for the children here in Tallahassee and Leon County, that’s on me,” Hanna added.

ABC notes that Florida currently has the highest number of pediatric COVID-19 hospitalizations. The state is currently regarded as being the worst hit by the surge in COVID-19 cases. Despite accounting for roughly 7 percent of the U.S. population, Florida is reporting about 20 percent of new COVID-19 cases.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... ut-of-mask
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:58 pm A judge has ordered that Norwegian Cruise Lines can defy Desantis’s order and require proof of vaccination.

ooooh. Abbot isn't going to like parents and local governments determining for themselves. No sir. That sort of autonomy isn't acceptable to Big Government Republicans like Abbot, McMaster or DeSantis.

Two Florida school districts are refusing to allow parents to opt out of having their children wear masks in school, risking financial retribution and the ire of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

As ABC News reports, the superintendents of Leon and Alachua counties have come forward with their plans to enforce mask mandates, citing the latest surge in COVID-19 cases brought on by the delta variant.

“If something happened and things went sideways for us this week and next week as we started school, and heaven forbid we lost a child to this virus, I can’t just simply blame the governor of the state. I can’t,” Leon County superintendent Rocky Hanna said during a news conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
“If there’s an out and I didn’t take the out, and I didn’t do what was best for the children here in Tallahassee and Leon County, that’s on me,” Hanna added.

ABC notes that Florida currently has the highest number of pediatric COVID-19 hospitalizations. The state is currently regarded as being the worst hit by the surge in COVID-19 cases. Despite accounting for roughly 7 percent of the U.S. population, Florida is reporting about 20 percent of new COVID-19 cases.
I think DeSantis has said numerous times that wearing a mask was a personal choice

Nothing he has done prohibits mask wearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

I'd like to twist his nose three stooges style. He and that cunt Cruz send their whelps to private schools that require masks while they rail against masks.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Official

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:32 pm
Ibanez wrote:

I think DeSantis has said numerous times that wearing a mask was a personal choice

He threatened to withhold the paycheck of any school superintendent that requires masks in their district, which doesn't prohibit mask wearing - but for fuck's sake why make that threat?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:37 pm
CID1990 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:32 pm

He threatened to withhold the paycheck of any school superintendent that requires masks in their district, which doesn't prohibit mask wearing - but for fuck's sake why make that threat?
Because those superintendents aren’t allowing people in their schools to have the personal choice of wearing a useless mask or not.

Edit: ‘aren’t’ not ‘are’
Last edited by BDKJMU on Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:32 pm I think DeSantis has said numerous times that wearing a mask was a personal choice

Yeah he did that. Bad bad bad

And, I think he is retreating off it now

It was definitely bad judgment but I’m sure it was calculated to shore up his MAGA support

I’m still not yet convinced to not vote for him but time will tell

Maybe if he implodes, and Kamala is his opponent, we might actually see a chance for the Libertarian candidate. I would love to see Gary run again. I actually would like for the guy to be President. He’d be the “do no harm” candidate

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:07 pm
houndawg wrote:
Yeah he did that. Bad bad bad

And, I think he is retreating off it now

It was definitely bad judgment but I’m sure it was calculated to shore up his MAGA support

I’m still not yet convinced to not vote for him but time will tell

Maybe if he implodes, and Kamala is his opponent, we might actually see a chance for the Libertarian candidate. I would love to see Gary run again. I actually would like for the guy to be President. He’d be the “do no harm” candidate

The Libertarians will never run someone as electable as “Aleppo” Johnson again. They’re having enough trouble finding candidates to run in winnable local elections, and they have so many caucuses and factions fighting each other that it makes the Judean People’s Front against the Popular Front of Judea look sane.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.