The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Political discussions
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ivytalk wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Manufacturing sector contracts for the first time in nearly a decade
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/08/22/man ... ssion=true
And you’re loving it.

Because Trump.
I'm ok with it.

As a first-world nation, we should continue to contract away from manufacturing and focus on higher-paying jobs in the services industries. Let third-world nations and robots do the dirty stuff.

And if some Americans can't keep up with the times, well that's capitalism. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: And you’re loving it.

Because Trump.
I'm ok with it.

As a first-world nation, we should continue to contract away from manufacturing and focus on higher-paying jobs in the services industries. Let third-world nations and robots do the dirty stuff.

And if some Americans can't keep up with the times, well that's capitalism. :coffee:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Higher paying service industries? Like hooking and waitressing?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I'm ok with it.

No, like education and healthcare and technology and energy and finance and consulting and hospitality and almost everything that has to do with providing a service.

You know, about 80% of our jobs and annual GDP. :?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, like education and healthcare and technology and energy and finance and consulting and hospitality and almost everything that has to do with providing a service.

You know, about 80% of our jobs and annual GDP. :?
Education? Seriously? Do you KNOW what 90% of people in education make?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I'm ok with it.

It's the Leftsist plan, that way more folks will be dependent on the gubmint and thus vote for more free shit. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff2 wrote:
SDHornet wrote: It's the Leftsist plan, that way more folks will be dependent on the gubmint and thus vote for more free shit. :coffee:
Hey....gubmint subsidies are the only thing keeping many Red State populations stable. Without bailouts & entitlements to agriculture and energy industries......America's bread basket and oil states would be very different places. :thumb:
Um... the oil states are just fine and always have been

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Manufacturing sector contracts for the first time in nearly a decade
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/08/22/man ... ssion=true
And you’re loving it.

Because Trump.
The point is that the idea that Trump improved the economy is nonsense. Whether it's good or bad as a matter for the country isn't the point. It's a bit of information that will at least HOPEFULLY make SOME people understand that there hasn't been a positive change in the direction of the Economy due to Trump being elected.

The idea that we need to keep Trump for reasons related to the Economy needs to be disabused. Anything that does that is a positive.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: And you’re loving it.

Because Trump.
The point is that the idea that Trump improved the economy is nonsense. Whether it's good or bad as a matter for the country isn't the point. It's a bit of information that will at least HOPEFULLY make SOME people understand that there hasn't been a positive change in the direction of the Economy due to Trump being elected.

The idea that we need to keep Trump for reasons related to the Economy needs to be disabused. Anything that does that is a positive.
You’re right. I mean, apparently every OTHER president in our lifetimes just chose NOT to break 50, 60 and 70 year-old economic records. ANYBODY could have done it. Hell, Obama could have done it...just didn’t want to, right? :rofl: :rofl:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Good. Maybe learn to tell woke mobs to go to hell instead of bending over backwards to them and then this won't work.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

You’re right. I mean, apparently every OTHER president in our lifetimes just chose NOT to break 50, 60 and 70 year-old economic records. ANYBODY could have done it. Hell, Obama could have done it...just didn’t want to, right? :rofl: :rofl:
AZ, John is going to ignore that because the data shows that Trump just maintained the good thing that Obama started. Trump can't get credit for keeping it going in the face of headwinds and for breaking those records, the credit belongs to Obama.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Who let JSO on CNN? Just when the Leftards couldn't get any more "leftard", this happens:

phpBB [video]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Somebody needs to re-take a HS world history class again. :ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

mainejeff2 wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Who let JSO on CNN? Just when the Leftards couldn't get any more "leftard", this happens:

phpBB [video]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Somebody needs to re-take a HS world history class again. :ohno:
Are you a Republican?
Registered donk. But now that the DNC is openly embracing Marxism, I have a hard time seeing myself vote for any donks in the near future.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

So...

A Trump - Tocqueville comparison was inevitable, right?

https://www.city-journal.org/democracy- ... ocqueville

I think there’s some truths in there for everybody

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: The Official

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:So...

I remember Harvey Mansfield. One of the toughest graders at Harvard. If you were a Gov major, you had to take his intro political philosophy course— a real ball-buster. One of the few conservatives on the Harvard faculty, then and now.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

The left misses the point that gubment doesn't create anything and is funded by taking stuff from those who do. Don't get me wrong, we need gubment to provide essential services, protect our interests, to referee, provide a basic safety net and a safe environment where producers can produce and all can pursue their dreams and be held accountable equally according to their gifts.

Manufacturing is a big deal. If you don't think manufacturing jobs can pay well, examine Boeing's annual report. Manufacturing by and large is not negatively impacted by raising the minimum wage as service industries are.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3

Post by LeadBolt »

mainejeff2 wrote:
LeadBolt wrote:.....and all can pursue their dreams and be held accountable equally according to their gifts.
How can everyone be held accountable "equally" if you are basing it on their "gifts" (whatever that means)?
The fact that you don't understand that is the problem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

LeadBolt wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:
How can everyone be held accountable "equally" if you are basing it on their "gifts" (whatever that means)?
What a bullshit answer. Be a man and answer the question.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:

I remember Harvey Mansfield. One of the toughest graders at Harvard. If you were a Gov major, you had to take his intro political philosophy course— a real ball-buster. One of the few conservatives on the Harvard faculty, then and now.
The same could be said of Paul Besch at Spokane Falls Community College (the Oxford of Palouse high schools with ash trays) :mrgreen:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Holy shit is that a tremendous read. Thanks for posting it CID!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :nod: :nod: :nod:

ps Don't tell Citadelgrad that we have a democracy. :lol:
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3

Post by LeadBolt »

Ibanez wrote:
LeadBolt wrote:
What a bullshit answer. Be a man and answer the question.

Ok Jack___, we are all created equal under the law, but we are not all created equal in terms of talents, interests, drive, resources, physical ability, etc.

Gubment is to provide an atmosphere where we are all free to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as each individual sees fit for themselves. It is not the job of gubment to guarantee equal outcome for all.

The gubment should guarantee equal rights for all people, not special rights for any particular group in trying to tip the scales in one direction or another..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

LeadBolt wrote:
Ibanez wrote: What a bullshit answer. Be a man and answer the question.

Ok Jack___, we are all created equal under the law, but we are not all created equal in terms of talents, interests, drive, resources, physical ability, etc.

Gubment is to provide an atmosphere where we are all free to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as each individual sees fit for themselves. It is not the job of gubment to guarantee equal outcome for all.

The gubment should guarantee equal rights for all people, not special rights for any particular group in trying to tip the scales in one direction or another..
Good to see you're backing down from your opening line:
"The left misses the point that gubment doesn't create anything and is funded by taking stuff from those who do."
:thumb:
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3

Post by LeadBolt »

kalm wrote:
LeadBolt wrote:

"The left misses the point that gubment doesn't create anything and is funded by taking stuff from those who do."
As usual, we seem to have a bit of a difference in interpretation.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

LeadBolt wrote:
kalm wrote:

As usual, we seem to have a bit of a difference in interpretation.
Government creates things, some big, some small, all the time. Government created the Columbia Basin Reclamation Project which the private sector has benefited from in a thousand ways. Government recreated a Spokane River that once again sustains a healthy population of native Redband Rainbow trout.

While government is indeed funded by taxing those who create things, those creators also benefit from those taxes. But government also is also slightly funded by takers (both wealthy and poor) who create practically nothing.

Disagree?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

LeadBolt wrote:

As philosophically spot on ^ as this is... and it is
it lacks the Practical, Cynical and Eventual surrendering of the said "neutral atmosphere"

as power concentrates in the hands of one group... and it always does
Feel free to call that group "those that help themselves'' if that makes you feel better

but as it concentrates under one groups control
that group will construct a legal system modified for them exclusively
and not only will it defend them it will embolden them further
for the concentration of even greater power

Epstien / Trump / Clinton / Koch / etc.

They can do whatever the fuck they want with virtually zero accountability
and not because "Things are Equal" as your fantasy Democratic Republic 101 story suggests

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

LeadBolt wrote:
Ibanez wrote: What a bullshit answer. Be a man and answer the question.

I'm the jackass? You're the guy that couldn't answer a question without a smartass remark . :roll:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17