The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Political discussions
css75
Level3
Level3

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by css75 »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: You are a better apologist for the Donks than Chuck Todd, Jim Acosta, and Rachel Madcow rolled into one.
So you really disagree with what JSO posted?
Hell yes, he writes this stuff after he is out baying at the moon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

css75 wrote:
kalm wrote:
So you really disagree with what JSO posted?
Hell yes, he writes this stuff after he is out baying at the moon.

I feel sorry for you. :ohno:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
think it was a tactical error but Schiff simply paraphrased what Trump was reported as saying in that memo of telephone conversation. When a Republican complained about it he had no problem indicating that it was not a quote. He called it a "parody."

That's way different from what Trump does. Trump just flat out lies. Makes things up out of nothing. And he won't admit that he lied when he's called on it. He just doubles down and comes up with some kind of complete crap.

Schiff isn't part of what the Trump zombies are calling the "deep state" anyway. But to the extent that Trump may try to claim Schiff did something like Trump does: No. He didn't. NOBODY on the Democrat side is as bad as Trump about just total lying and bullshit. NOBODY on the Democrat OR the Republican side during my lifetime has been as bad as Trump is with respect to that. He is just completely the worst. And it's a disgrace to our country that ANYBODY supports that guy.
Why did he need to paraphrase if he had the transcript in front of him?
It’s called political theater. :coffee: it’s what makes people like Schiff a douche.

Here’s your homework assignment. Go back and watch clips of Graham during Clinton’s impeachment or Gowdy and Pompeo during the Benghazi hearings.

Quit being tribal and soak it all in from both sides. :coffee: :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:Oh Dear Leader! I can't believe this is real...
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...
8:38 AM · Oct 7, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Entertainment level 10 achieved. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Unemployment hit a fresh 50-year low in September even though nonfarm payrolls rose by just 136,000 as the economy nears full employment, the Labor Department reported Friday.

The jobless rate dropped 0.2 percentage points to 3.5%, matching a level it last saw in December 1969. A more encompassing measure that includes discouraged workers and the underemployed also fell, declining 0.3 percent points to 6.9%, matching its lowest in nearly 19 years and just off the all-time low of 6.8%.
Also, the jobless rate for Hispanics also hit a new record low, while the level for African Americans maintained its lowest ever.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/04/jobs-re ... -2019.html

Looks like that magic wand is still working. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Why did he need to paraphrase if he had the transcript in front of him?
It’s called political theater. :coffee: it’s what makes people like Schiff a douche.

Here’s your homework assignment. Go back and watch clips of Graham during Clinton’s impeachment or Gowdy and Pompeo during the Benghazi hearings.

Interesting statement to use when defending JSO considering in his mind Trump is always guilty and never does anything right while anyone who opposes him should get the benefit of the doubt and is justified in their opposition no matter what. JSO would argue that Trump's broken analog clock is never right.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:

Interesting statement to use when defending JSO considering in his mind Trump is always guilty and never does anything right while anyone who opposes him should get the benefit of the doubt and is justified in their opposition no matter what. JSO would argue that Trump's broken analog clock is never right.
Trump is always guilty because he’s an asshole...not because he’s a Republican. Same for Schiff.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Trump is always guilty because he’s an asshole...not because he’s a Republican. Same for Schiff.
If you purge all of the assholes out of politics, you couldn’t muster a quorum in either Congressional chamber. 8-)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Extactly! Trump is the perfect asshole our elected assholes deserve.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
But to JSO, Trump has cornered the market on assholery.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:
But to JSO, Trump has cornered the market on assholery.

And to Seagriz, Trump is innocent because “my tribe”.

Supposed liberals supported Hillary because “my tribe”.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:But to JSO, Trump has cornered the market on assholery.

And Israel had the Twelve Tribes. How fvcked up is that?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:

And Israel had the Twelve Tribes. How fvcked up is that?
Heck, there were 13 Tribes in Battlestar Galactica, although technically the 13th Tribe were actually Cylons. Very confusing. 8-)
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:But to JSO, Trump has cornered the market on assholery.

It's not about Trump being guilty or innocent, it's about everyone should have to play by the same rules.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

mainejeff2 wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Extactly! Trump is the perfect asshole our elected assholes deserve.
Yeah....let's keep voting with this attitude and see where this country ends up in 10 or 20 years. :roll:

Fucking Baby Boomers....... :ohno:

:coffee:
I would hope our elected officials quit their bullshit sooner rather than later if we keep electing Trump like people.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Bet StOnge is in Lake Charles tonight!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote:Bet StOnge is in Lake Charles tonight!
No I'm at a hotel in Sonora, Texas, resting up while driving back after being in California during the past week. But my wife, kids, and grandkids are in Lake Charles due to a family wedding. The big concern about Dick Head being in Lake Charles was that his presence would screw up routes for getting to the wedding.

Which reminded me of how I hate the way they act like President is a king regardless of who is President. The person is just the Chief Executive of the Executive Branch. No way we should have situations in which airports get shut down, traffic gets all screwed up, etc., because the President is there. The person in the Presidency simply is not that important. We should not be acting like it'd be the end of the world if something happened to them. No roads should be shut down because a President is coming through. They should just ride down the road like anybody else does.

It worked out fine in this case though. Reports are he didn't interfere with getting to the wedding.

And BTW Presidents should not be allowed to go do political things on the public dime. If they want to do campaign rallies they should have to pay for their own travel and their own security.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote:
No I'm at a hotel in Sonora, Texas, resting up while driving back after being in California during the past week. But my wife, kids, and grandkids are in Lake Charles due to a family wedding. The big concern about Dick Head being in Lake Charles was that his presence would screw up routes for getting to the wedding.

Which reminded me of how I hate the way they act like President is a king regardless of who is President. The person is just the Chief Executive of the Executive Branch. No way we should have situations in which airports get shut down, traffic gets all screwed up, etc., because the President is there. The person in the Presidency simply is not that important. We should not be acting like it'd be the end of the world if something happened to them. No roads should be shut down because a President is coming through. They should just ride down the road like anybody else does.

It worked out fine in this case though. Reports are he didn't interfere with getting to the wedding.

And BTW Presidents should not be allowed to go do political things on the public dime. If they want to do campaign rallies they should have to pay for their own travel and their own security.
So your wife supports Trump? Nice! Good for her.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

JohnStOnge wrote:

Though the public has paid for stuff long before Trump, I agree this should not be on the taxpayer dime. Also, throw out all the Congressional mailers and other similar campaign items.

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:

I agree - particularly on the funding part

But campaigning on public time and dime is how we operate - and let’s don’t pretend it started on Trump’s watch. You were curiously quiet about this before Trump came along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Alllllright!
Karen Pence tells audience of women 'don't be afraid to get on your knees' for Donald Trump as she urges them to pray for the president and praises his conduct with young women
By Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com
00:30 11 Oct 2019, updated 01:37 11 Oct 2019

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ssion=true
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:Alllllright!
Karen Pence tells audience of women 'don't be afraid to get on your knees' for Donald Trump as she urges them to pray for the president and praises his conduct with young women
By Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com
00:30 11 Oct 2019, updated 01:37 11 Oct 2019

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ssion=true
Please Jesus spare me from your followers

amen

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:Alllllright!

amen

Our next First Lady

Unless Buttigieg wins
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

amen

Our next First Lady

Unless Buttigieg wins
You mean Boot Edge Edge?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: And Israel had the Twelve Tribes. How fvcked up is that?
Heck, there were 13 Tribes in Battlestar Galactica, although technically the 13th Tribe were actually Cylons. Very confusing. 8-)
Well done. :clap: