Political discussions
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CAA Flagship »

BDKJMU wrote:"Private Sector Reports Stronger-Than-Expected Boost to Payrolls in March
Private payrolls across the nation rose by 263,000 last month

Private-sector hiring this year remained strong as employers reported adding more workers to their payrolls in March than expected, according to a report released Wednesday.

Private payrolls across the nation rose by 263,000 last month, said payroll processor Automatic Data Processing Inc. and forecasting firm Moody’s Analytics. This was much better than a gain of 180,000 expected by economists polled by The Wall Street Journal. In February, ADP’s report showed the private-sector added 298,000 jobs. The report is based on data collected from ADP clients in addition to lagged behind government figures.

“The gains are broad based but most notable in the goods producing side of the economy including construction, manufacturing and mining,” said Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody’s Analytics.

Goods-producing industries, which include construction and manufacturing, added 82,000 jobs. Meanwhile, service-providing sectors such as hospitality added 181,000 jobs in March.

Most of the job gains came from small businesses, defined by ADP as companies with 49 or fewer employees. These firms added 118,000 jobs. Midsize firms with 50 to 499 employees added 100,000 workers, while large businesses added 45,000.

“Consumer dependent industries including health care, leisure and hospitality, and trade had strong growth during the month,” said Ahu Yildirmaz, vice president and co-head of the ADP Research Institute.

The Labor Department’s job report for March is expected on Friday. Economists surveyed by the Journal expect employers to have added 175,000 nonfarm jobs."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/private-se ... 1491397601
Thanks, Obama.
If you hadn't been pulling on the reins for the last 8 years, this wouldn't be possible after you were forced to let go. :thumb:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:"Private Sector Reports Stronger-Than-Expected Boost to Payrolls in March
Private payrolls across the nation rose by 263,000 last month

Private-sector hiring this year remained strong as employers reported adding more workers to their payrolls in March than expected, according to a report released Wednesday.

Private payrolls across the nation rose by 263,000 last month, said payroll processor Automatic Data Processing Inc. and forecasting firm Moody’s Analytics. This was much better than a gain of 180,000 expected by economists polled by The Wall Street Journal. In February, ADP’s report showed the private-sector added 298,000 jobs. The report is based on data collected from ADP clients in addition to lagged behind government figures.

“The gains are broad based but most notable in the goods producing side of the economy including construction, manufacturing and mining,” said Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody’s Analytics.

Goods-producing industries, which include construction and manufacturing, added 82,000 jobs. Meanwhile, service-providing sectors such as hospitality added 181,000 jobs in March.

Most of the job gains came from small businesses, defined by ADP as companies with 49 or fewer employees. These firms added 118,000 jobs. Midsize firms with 50 to 499 employees added 100,000 workers, while large businesses added 45,000.

“Consumer dependent industries including health care, leisure and hospitality, and trade had strong growth during the month,” said Ahu Yildirmaz, vice president and co-head of the ADP Research Institute.

The Labor Department’s job report for March is expected on Friday. Economists surveyed by the Journal expect employers to have added 175,000 nonfarm jobs."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/private-se ... 1491397601
Thanks, Obama.
If you hadn't been pulling on the reins for the last 8 years, this wouldn't be possible after you were forced to let go. :thumb:

I see
It's all that "New" Trump legislation

:lol:

Healthcare sector grew...
That's the new Trump Care in action baby
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Chizzang wrote: I see
It's all that "New" Trump legislation

Healthcare sector grew...
That's the new Trump Care in action baby
Well, his supporters are rejoicing about being covered under Trumpcare.

Premium dropping from $567 a month to $88.

"A blessing from God"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 7e7e138495
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

The man credited with honing Donald Trump’s populist message and guiding him into the White House has grown frustrated amid continued infighting in the West Wing, so much so that in recent weeks a top donor had to convince him to stay in his position.

Five people, including a senior administration official and several sources close to the president, tell POLITICO that Bannon, one of Trump’s closest advisers, has clashed with the president’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, who’s taken on an increasingly prominent portfolio in the West Wing. Bannon has complained that Kushner and his allies are trying to undermine his populist approach, the sources said.

Republican mega-donor Rebekah Mercer, a longtime Bannon confidante who became a prominent Trump supporter during the campaign, urged Bannon not to resign. “Rebekah Mercer prevailed upon him to stay,” said one person familiar with the situation.

Another person familiar with the situation, a GOP operative who talks to Mercer, said: “Bekah tried to convince him that this is a long-term play.”

Bannon has worked closely with Mercer not only at the right-wing website Breitbart News, where her family is a major investor and where he served as executive chairman until joining the Trump campaign in August, but also at Cambridge Analytica, the data-analytics firm owned largely by the Mercers. Bannon is a part owner of the firm, though he’s trying to sell his stake, and until recently he served as vice president of the company’s board.

The White House said that Bannon had not taken any steps to leave, and Bannon told POLITICO that any suggestion he threatened to resign was “total nonsense.”

At Breitbart, Bannon, 67, was among the earliest Trump supporters and is credited with building the ideological foundation of the Trump movement. A former investment banker of considerable means, he is somebody the president views as an equal – and whose departure would scramble the pecking order of a White House that seems to have chaos in its DNA.

“It hasn’t all been fun, and I know he’s been frustrated,” said a Republican who has spoken with Bannon in recent weeks. His position in the West Wing took a blow on Wednesday, when the White House issued a national security directive removing him from the National Security Council, where he had been installed as a member in the first weeks of the administration.

Bannon opposed the change, even saying he’d quit if the president signed off on it, according to one person familiar with the situation.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/b ... ump-236939
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/n ... obe-236951
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) will temporarily step aside from an investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, including interactions between Moscow and the Trump campaign.
:coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

So much drama.

There will be a popcorn shortage before Trump's term is up.
Donald Trump’s chief strategist Stephen Bannon has called the president’s senior advisor and son-in-law Jared Kushner a “cuck” and a “globalist” during a time of high tension between the two top aides, several Trump administration officials told The Daily Beast.

The fighting between Kushner and Bannon has been “nonstop” in recent weeks, according to sources who spoke on condition of anonymity. It’s been an “open secret” that Bannon and Kushner often clash “face-to-face,” according to senior officials.

One official said Bannon has lately complained about Kushner trying to “shiv him and push him out the door” and likened him to a fifth column in the White House.

“[Steve] recently vented to us about Jared being a ‘globalist’ and a ‘cuck’…He actually said ‘cuck,’ as in “cuckservative,’” the administration official told The Daily Beast.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -back.html
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

This administration is like watching a slow motion train wreck...

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:This administration is like watching a slow motion train wreck...

I like the "Roosevelt" and "Hoover" signs on the sides of those trains. Good find, Cleets!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Who knew governance could be so complicated?
President Trump has gone back to the drawing board on tax reform as he looks for wide-ranging Republican support behind legislation to overhaul the tax system.

A White House official told Fox Business Network that all options are still on the table. However, a detailed tax plan is still weeks away.

A complete tax overhaul will likely miss the August deadline set by Treasury Secretary Mnuchin. The White House is trying to learn from the failure of enacting a new health care law to replace ObamaCare and take a more active role in getting legislation passed.

White House aides told The Associated Press Monday that the goal is to cut tax rates sharply enough to improve the economic picture in rural and industrial areas of the U.S. However, the administration so far has swatted down alternative ways for raising revenues, such as a carbon tax, to offset lower rates.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04 ... eform.html
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote:So much drama.

Donald Trump’s chief strategist Stephen Bannon has called the president’s senior advisor and son-in-law Jared Kushner a “cuck” and a “globalist” during a time of high tension between the two top aides, several Trump administration officials told The Daily Beast.

The fighting between Kushner and Bannon has been “nonstop” in recent weeks, according to sources who spoke on condition of anonymity. It’s been an “open secret” that Bannon and Kushner often clash “face-to-face,” according to senior officials.

One official said Bannon has lately complained about Kushner trying to “shiv him and push him out the door” and likened him to a fifth column in the White House.

“[Steve] recently vented to us about Jared being a ‘globalist’ and a ‘cuck’…He actually said ‘cuck,’ as in “cuckservative,’” the administration official told The Daily Beast.
Is that the correct term when the other man is your father-in-law? :?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:So much drama.

Let's break this down. The term "cuck" comes from "cuckold." If Trump cuckolded Kushner, we'd have an issue.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Ivytalk wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Let's break this down. The term "cuck" comes from "cuckold." If Trump cuckolded Kushner, we'd have an issue.
I don't think Trump would have an issue with it...
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Is anyone actually living in the WH now? Serious question.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Let's break this down. The term "cuck" comes from "cuckold." If Trump cuckolded Kushner, we'd have an issue.
I don't think Trump would have an issue with it...
He's said as much.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Spicer tries to say Nazis never gassed anyone. :lol:

Rough few months for Spicey.

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Honestly, they should just cut Spicer loose. Homeslice is the definition of the Peter Principle. Sure, he was making a valid point about the use of chemical weapons on the battlefield, albeit awkwardly as usual and the liberal MSM is of course going to pounce, but the guy is just way out of his league.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

It's like removing Saddam or Assad. Sure, they're shitty. But, what shittier person ends up in his place? Stephen Miller? Kellyanne Conway? :lol:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:It's like removing Saddam or Assad. Sure, they're shitty. But, what shittier person ends up in his place? Stephen Miller? Kellyanne Conway? :lol:
Man, Kellyanne got hidden somewhere in a corner, didn't she? :lol:

I'd love Miller. For a little while. His psychopathic brilliance would have the MSM in disbelief once more. That's why Spicer stays. I think Trump gets a kick out of it all.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Spicer tries to say Nazis never gassed anyone. :lol:

Rough few months for Spicey.

I saw that. Even though he was trying to say Hitler never released sarin gas, Spicer is so wrong on this one. He needs to be cut loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

93henfan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:It's like removing Saddam or Assad. Sure, they're shitty. But, what shittier person ends up in his place? Stephen Miller? Kellyanne Conway? :lol:

I'd love Miller. For a little while. His psychopathic brilliance would have the MSM in disbelief once more. That's why Spicer stays. I think Trump gets a kick out of it all.
I don't think Trump is getting any kicks. I mean, yes, he's got some satisfaction from people going brain dead and electing him. But he can see that the people he cares about thinking he's "all that" don't. He can see that the media, the intelligentsia, etc., see him as the buffoon he is.

It's not "Trump is Great" that he's seeing. He's seeing "OMG what the HELL did the United States electorate just do?"
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
93henfan wrote:

I don't think Trump is getting any kicks. I mean, yes, he's got some satisfaction from people going brain dead and electing him. But he can see that the people he cares about thinking he's "all that" don't. He can see that the media, the intelligentsia, etc., see him as the buffoon he is.

It's not "Trump is Great" that he's seeing. He's seeing "OMG what the HELL did the United States electorate just do?"
Yeah, sort of like how all of us view you.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Man, Kellyanne got hidden somewhere in a corner, didn't she? Image

1) The only person/opinion Trump really cares about is Trump.

2) He's an egomaniac who needs to be the center of attention which he is.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Are we planning on assassinating Kim Jong-Un?

By 'we' I mean the United States. Not CS.com members.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Spicer tries to say Nazis never gassed anyone. :lol:
He said Hitler 'didn't even sink to using chemical weapons'. He was referring to their military in combat operations, which would be correct.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.