houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:22 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:08 am Historic Presidency!

Well, at least Trump wasn't as bad for his party as Obama, under whom the democrats suffered the biggest of any president since Eisenhower. Under Obama donks went from:
60 Senate seats to 48
257 House seats to 194
29 governors to 16
Control (both Houses) of 27 state legislatures to 13. Conks went from 16 to 32.
816 state legislature seats.
https://www.quorum.us/data-driven-insig ... isenhower/
So you must be really excited about how well things are being run now. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:20 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:22 pm
Well, at least Trump wasn't as bad for his party as Obama, under whom the democrats suffered the biggest of any president since Eisenhower. Under Obama donks went from:
60 Senate seats to 48
257 House seats to 194
29 governors to 16
Control (both Houses) of 27 state legislatures to 13. Conks went from 16 to 32.
816 state legislature seats.
https://www.quorum.us/data-driven-insig ... isenhower/
Says the board’s resident retard from Illinois who takes 4+ months to respond to a post.. :dunce:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:58 am

Says the board’s resident retard from Illinois who takes 4+ months to respond to a post.. :dunce:
With your constant use of the term retard and I suggest you consider using an insult that doesn’t use the developmentally handicapped to punch down.

But there’s nowhere but up for you! So you’ve got that going for ya. :notworthy:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:58 am

So that others don't run afoul of you, what's the appropriate length between post and response?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

According to a new McLaughlin & Associates survey, 73% of the base wants Trump to run again in 2024. Even more would vote for him if he did run, with 83% saying they would do so. Those are some pretty big numbers, and it’s clear that it means the base hasn’t moved on from Trump.

So, how do other possible, 2020 primary candidates stack up against him? No one is even close; he completely stomps every other possibility, at 57%.

The person in second is perhaps surprising. It’s Vice President Mike Pence at 10%. What about Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who seems to be the second name in other polls? He’s at 8% in this one. Nikki Haley was at 5%. Every other name was lower.

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) shows up at 1% on this poll, and that’s likely an overestimate. I think that shows she has absolutely no constituency.

Meanwhile, what about the Democrats in 2024? 64% thought that Biden was not likely to serve out his term. Even 51% of Biden voters thought that. That doesn’t look great for Biden, although Biden has suggested he would likely try to run again.

Keeping that in mind, the poll asked how a Democratic 2024 primary would stack up without Biden: Kamala led with 35%, Michelle Obama at 16%, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) at 7%, and Pete Buttigieg at 6%.

But perhaps the thing that is going to cause the Democrats to have a complete meltdown is how a projected race between Trump and Kamala Harris would end up.

According to the survey, Trump would trounce Harris, 49% to 45%.

Now, obviously, 2024 is a long way off, but Democrats definitely will not be happy with that prediction. It’s also consistent with the prior poll we reported on that showed that Americans delivering a brutal rejection of Harris — that Americans had an unfavorable opinion of her 48% to 41%, with the critical Independents having an unfavorable opinion of her, 57% to 32%.

Add to that all the mess that unfortunately Biden is going to leave in his wake, the desire to bring back Trump is going to keep growing.
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/05 ... la-n384555
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
According to a new McLaughlin & Associates survey, 73% of the base wants Trump to run again in 2024. Even more would vote for him if he did run, with 83% saying they would do so. Those are some pretty big numbers, and it’s clear that it means the base hasn’t moved on from Trump.

So, how do other possible, 2020 primary candidates stack up against him? No one is even close; he completely stomps every other possibility, at 57%.

The person in second is perhaps surprising. It’s Vice President Mike Pence at 10%. What about Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who seems to be the second name in other polls? He’s at 8% in this one. Nikki Haley was at 5%. Every other name was lower.

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) shows up at 1% on this poll, and that’s likely an overestimate. I think that shows she has absolutely no constituency.

Meanwhile, what about the Democrats in 2024? 64% thought that Biden was not likely to serve out his term. Even 51% of Biden voters thought that. That doesn’t look great for Biden, although Biden has suggested he would likely try to run again.

Keeping that in mind, the poll asked how a Democratic 2024 primary would stack up without Biden: Kamala led with 35%, Michelle Obama at 16%, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) at 7%, and Pete Buttigieg at 6%.

But perhaps the thing that is going to cause the Democrats to have a complete meltdown is how a projected race between Trump and Kamala Harris would end up.

Now, obviously, 2024 is a long way off, but Democrats definitely will not be happy with that prediction. It’s also consistent with the prior poll we reported on that showed that Americans delivering a brutal rejection of Harris — that Americans had an unfavorable opinion of her 48% to 41%, with the critical Independents having an unfavorable opinion of her, 57% to 32%.

Add to that all the mess that unfortunately Biden is going to leave in his wake, the desire to bring back Trump is going to keep growing.
Polling aside, I think the Dems will be doing themselves a great disservice if they deliver the 2024 nomination to Kamala Harris. She was an empty suit in the 2020 primaries, bombed right out of the gate. And she is proving to be an empty suit as VP.

I think pretty much any Republican would trounce her, and the independents would largely be responsible for that. Just as they were in the last two elections. She is just not really very likeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: The Official

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:06 am
Polling aside, I think the Dems will be doing themselves a great disservice if they deliver the 2024 nomination to Kamala Harris. She was an empty suit in the 2020 primaries, bombed right out of the gate. And she is proving to be an empty suit as VP.

I think pretty much any Republican would trounce her, and the independents would largely be responsible for that. Just as they were in the last two elections. She is just not really very likeable.

Do you think independents would vote for Trump over Kamala?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Remember when Trump was accused of being a Putin puppet. Well, well, look who's actually proving himself to being a Putin puppet by doing an about face on Nord Stream 2, and waiving sanctions...Good times...
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Yes, 88 - I do

It would be close though ...

Therein lies the danger for both parties -

DeSantis or Hogan would landslide Harris. It would be quite ugly

Trump would scrape past her and then we’d get tied up in the Felchyfetty Russian Collusion Thread Part II

But Trump running again would in fact be a risk - heis the only one that Harris would get close to in the general election. Anu other candidate would clean her clock

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:18 pm

I thought you didn't believe in polls?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:01 pm Yes, 88 - I do

Trump would scrape past her and then we’d get tied up in the Felchyfetty Russian Collusion Thread Part II

But Trump running again would in fact be a risk - heis the only one that Harris would get close to in the general election. Anu other candidate would clean her clock

Agreed. She’s an even bigger empty suit than Obama.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:24 am
Count me in the 27% that don’t want him to run again. But, like 2020, I’d hold my nose and vote for him, most likely. Because I have ZERO faith the Dems would put up any candidate who wasn’t waaaaay left of Biden.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:00 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:24 am

Count me in the 27% that don’t want him to run again. But, like 2020, I’d hold my nose and vote for him, most likely. Because I have ZERO faith the Dems would put up any candidate who wasn’t waaaaay left of Biden.
Unless he has health or criminal issues you’ll get your wish.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:22 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:00 am

Which wish? That he doesn’t run?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:59 am
CID1990 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:01 pm Yes, 88 - I do

So an empty suit like Harris is worse than a suit filled with flatulence like Trump? ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

It would be really, really stupid to run Biden's token "wxman of cullah" for president in 2024 instead of having a primary race.

I wouldn't put it past Democrats, though.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:29 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:59 am

So an empty suit like Harris is worse than a suit filled with flatulence like Trump? ;)
From a policy standpoint, yes. And that’s really all i care about anyways. To me it’s not a personality contest.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:29 am
kalm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:22 am

Which wish? That he doesn’t run?
Oops, sorry. I was thinking voting for Trump against a Dem. :oops:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Remember when Trump had the US Park Police clear ‘mostly peaceful’ protestors by gassing them so he could have a photo op holding a bible upside down in front of a church?

Turns out the FAKE NEWS Media LIED. According to the IG reort issued last week the police had cleared the park to allow a contractor install more anti scale fencing in response to destruction ofproperty in.the area.

One of the many issues 2016-2020 where the Fake News media lied about Trump’s actions.

Even the left has to begrudgingly admit it..
https://www.npr.org/2021/06/09/10048323 ... rump-last-
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:47 pm Remember when Trump had the US Park Police clear ‘mostly peaceful’ protestors by gassing them so he could have a photo op holding a bible upside down in front of a church?

Turns out the FAKE NEWS Media LIED. According to the IG reort issued last week the police had cleared the park to allow a contractor install more anti scale fencing in response to destruction ofproperty in.the area.

One of the many issues 2016-2020 where the Fake News media lied about Trump’s actions.

Glenn Greenwald had a good article on the whole debacle a week back. The IG report was particularly forthcoming in shredding the mainstream media narrative.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/yet-an ... trump-tear
Over and over we see the central truth: the corporate outlets that most loudly and shrilly denounce “disinformation” — to the point of demanding online censorship and de-platforming in the name of combating it — are, in fact, the ones who spread disinformation most frequently and destructively. It is hard to count how many times they have spread major fake stories in the Trump years. For that reason, they have nobody but themselves to blame for the utter collapse in trust and faith on the part of the public, which has rightfully concluded they cannot and should not be believed.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:47 pm Remember when Trump had the US Park Police clear ‘mostly peaceful’ protestors by gassing them so he could have a photo op holding a bible upside down in front of a church?

You're late....

https://www.championshipsubdivision.com ... e#p1363357
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:59 am

You're late....

No I wasn‘t. That link made no mention of the IG report‘s findings. It couldn’t have, as it hadn‘t even been released yet.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:01 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:59 am

You're late....

No I wasn‘t. That link made no mention of the IG report‘s findings. It couldn’t have, as it hadn‘t even been released yet.
Oops my bad. I should've said you're late on gas dispersal. That had been confirmed...after you denied it occurred.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:24 pm Jesus fucking Christ :? :ohno: :ohno:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/08/us/g ... litia.html

Defendants claiming that the FBI set them up.

An examination of the case by BuzzFeed News also reveals that some of those informants, acting under the direction of the FBI, played a far larger role than has previously been reported. Working in secret, they did more than just passively observe and report on the actions of the suspects. Instead, they had a hand in nearly every aspect of the alleged plot, starting with its inception. The extent of their involvement raises questions as to whether there would have even been a conspiracy without them.

A longtime government informant from Wisconsin, for example, helped organize a series of meetings around the country where many of the alleged plotters first met one another and the earliest notions of a plan took root, some of those people say. The Wisconsin informant even paid for some hotel rooms and food as an incentive to get people to come.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ke ... -informant
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... -up-report
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:34 am
DuckDuckGriz wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:24 pm Jesus fucking Christ :? :ohno: :ohno:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/08/us/g ... litia.html

Defendants claiming that the FBI set them up.

An examination of the case by BuzzFeed News also reveals that some of those informants, acting under the direction of the FBI, played a far larger role than has previously been reported. Working in secret, they did more than just passively observe and report on the actions of the suspects. Instead, they had a hand in nearly every aspect of the alleged plot, starting with its inception. The extent of their involvement raises questions as to whether there would have even been a conspiracy without them.

A longtime government informant from Wisconsin, for example, helped organize a series of meetings around the country where many of the alleged plotters first met one another and the earliest notions of a plan took root, some of those people say. The Wisconsin informant even paid for some hotel rooms and food as an incentive to get people to come.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ke ... -informant
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... -up-report
What did they have? Something like 11 FBI agents in with 6 nutjobs? Totally pulled ng those numbers out my ass, so don't expect them to be accurate.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz