JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:And also BTW you should be ashamed of yourself if you are still a Trump supporter with what's going on right now going on.
I love your “PS, by the way...” posts. They add depth to your body of work on here. :coffee:
Yes and I think you need to stand back and take a look at what's going on right now in terms of the corruption of our system. This is WAY beyond anything any Clinton ever did.

And I don't need to explain what I'm talking about. You can see it as well as I can.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: The Official

Post by CID1990 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
TBH- I think the approach we are on is the right one, but it might not yield much more than the old make nice for food aid angle did

The whole Kim model is built on this national Confucian filial piety run amok model - and if getting Kim to the table for real results is even possible, it is going to require ignoring bluster from the Norks that may be impossible to ignore.

Kim staying in power is predicated him taking a no compromise approach with their mortal enemy - and that means for real progress, it might mean making it look like Kim won.... that’s a non starter for this President
To Ivy: Not sure why it was crazy to think that the meeting would happen. But thinking anything would come of it would be crazy.

Trump is actually playing this great.
By saying that NoKo would benefit economically puts Kim in a bind. Not that the NoKos can do anything about it, but it will show other countries with better access to world news that there are economic options on the table for their regimes. And that they are getting screwed if they don't take it.
I don't know if he is playing it "great"... I think our current approach is better than the slow burn of kicking the can down the road, waiting for some spark to set off a war on the peninsula.. this is really the best of few bad options with Kim

But Trump getting Korea right is just a broken clock scenario because it is the only way he plays anything

One thing is for sure though - this tough approach to the Kims hasn't been tried since the war and things certainly are happening - for better or worse

Another thing that is for sure is if somehow all of this leads to some kind of normalization in relations or (dare I say it) an eventual downfall of the Kim regime... a certain someone on this board will be here in 20 years saying how it wasn't because of Trump that the wall came down.....
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
SDHornet wrote: But he's smart enough to outwit the FBI, DOJ, and CIA on Russian collusion? Hmmm, something doesn't fit.
:lol: :lol:

Ah, the leftist conundrum rears its ugly head again... :rofl:
That’s great!

No conundrum here. It’s a a corrupt system and pleasantly distracted populace being played like a fiddle by an ignorant but effective con-man who apparently requires further defense by you and SD.

America! What’s not to like?

:thumb:

;)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :lol: :lol:

That’s great!

No conundrum here. It’s a a corrupt system and pleasantly distracted populace being played like a fiddle by an ignorant but effective con-man who apparently requires further defense by you and SD.

;)
He is no different than Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, et.al. There’s nothing altruistic about any of em, klammy boy. This sham has been carried on for a couple hundred years...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :lol: :lol:

That’s great!

;)
Huh? :? :lol:

Coming from someone who didn't vote for him in '16, I am thoroughly enjoying Trump smashing the leftists at every turn (and winning), and based off the polls ( :lol: @ JSO) a large portion of America does too. Trump has by far exceeded my expectations for his Presidency...and we're not even 2 years in.

Also the "Russia Russia Russia" narrative is imploding, but that thread is jellybean's brainchild so I'll leave the entertainment there. 8-) :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:And also BTW you should be ashamed of yourself if you are still a Trump supporter with what's going on right now going on.
We haven’t heard this before.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: I love your “PS, by the way...” posts. They add depth to your body of work on here. :coffee:
Yes and I think you need to stand back and take a look at what's going on right now in terms of the corruption of our system. This is WAY beyond anything any Clinton ever did.

And I don't need to explain what I'm talking about. You can see it as well as I can.
That was exactly my point. You don’t need to explain. So don’t. :lol:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:
That’s great!

;)

Coming from someone who didn't vote for him in '16,I am thoroughly enjoying Trump smashing the leftists at every turn (and winning), and based off the polls ( :lol: @ JSO) a large portion of America does too. Trump has by far exceeded my expectations for his Presidency...and we're not even 2 years in.

Also the "Russia Russia Russia" narrative is imploding, but that thread is jellybean's brainchild so I'll leave the entertainment there. 8-) :lol:
I do gotta admit that I enjoy watching him make a mockery of our system. It has to be embarrassing to be working for the government right now. The MAGAs think you're a commie and the rest think you're a nazi...what's an enabler to do?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

:lol: Who are you talking to?

Honestly - I think there are maybe 1 or 2, real Trump supporters on here. Aside from AlphaGriz and BDK, nobody here really supports Trump. I don't even believe that 93hen fully supports the Orange one. He's more of a fan of the turmoil he's causing for Dems.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:
That’s great!

;)

Coming from someone who didn't vote for him in '16, I am thoroughly enjoying Trump smashing the leftists at every turn (and winning), and based off the polls ( :lol: @ JSO) a large portion of America does too. Trump has by far exceeded my expectations for his Presidency...and we're not even 2 years in.

None of us 3 voted for him.

I don’t think he’s smart. You and Z don’t like that with Z claiming he’s no different than the last 4 presidents or the last 200 years of presidents.

I disagree. He’s extraordinary.

Trump is outstanding at trolling the left. I get a kick out of that too and I’m certain we are all pretty damn close in our views of Hillary. I’m just not willing to defend his stupidity on so many levels at this point especially based on the hyperventilating from the left. That doesn’t mean he’s not a douche and a dumb one at that.

But you two can carry on. :thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:

I don’t think he’s smart. You and Z don’t like that with Z claiming he’s no different than the last 4 presidents or the last 200 years of presidents.

Trump is outstanding at trolling the left. I get a kick out of that too and I’m certain we are all pretty damn close in our views of Hillary. I’m just not willing to defend his stupidity on so many levels at this point especially based on the hyperventilating from the left. That doesn’t mean he’s not a douche and a dumb one at that.

Hey kalmy, just for clarification, what "stupidity" are you referring to?
Are you talking about policies, style, _________.......?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:

Hey kalmy, just for clarification, what "stupidity" are you referring to?
There are policies that are stupid and yes his style is stupid. He sometimes gets a few things right but most of the time he talks or tweets, the stupidity is flowing.

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Hey kalmy, just for clarification, what "stupidity" are you referring to?
There are policies that are stupid and yes his style is stupid. He sometimes gets a few things right but most of the time he talks or tweets, the stupidity is flowing.

OK. I agree with most of that. Except I find that he gets more than "a few" things right.
But yeah, his inability to ignore "a hit on him" is getting old. And his need to be loved is ridiculous. He's got serious personality issues.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:

OK. I agree with most of that. Except I find that he gets more than "a few" things right.
But yeah, his inability to ignore "a hit on him" is getting old. And his need to be loved is ridiculous. He's got serious personality issues.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:

Yup. If only his ego were as small as his hands...
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:[
I do gotta admit that I enjoy watching him make a mockery of our system. It has to be embarrassing to be working for the government right now. The MAGAs think you're a commie and the rest think you're a nazi...what's an enabler to do?
:nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Trump is going to be a case study that I think will be studied for a long time. He is going to force scholars and pundits to reevaluate things that were once thought to be true of the presidency, democracy, and international relations. He is basically inadvertently stepping on the cracks to show it won't break your mom's back.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: None of us 3 voted for him.

I don't think he's smart. But the Trump haters can't have it both ways: If he's NOT smart, then he sure as fuck didn't mastermind the Russian collusion thing.

But on the flip side I don't think he's much worse than any of the past 8-10 presidents we've had either. His biggest "fault" is his lack of decorum--his inability to let ANY comment go without a ridiculous tweet (well, that and a complete inability to remain on script when in front of a podium). Other than that I just don't see much difference...except he's actually gotten some things done (by being willing to say "fuck you" and working in very unconventional ways) on several fronts whereas his predecessors mostly just gave a lot of lip service:

* banking regulation reform
* tax reform
* North Korea problem
* Chinese trade deficit
* border wall
* Keystone pipeline
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
I don't think he's smart. But the Trump haters can't have it both ways: If he's NOT smart, then he sure as fuck didn't mastermind the Russian collusion thing.

But on the flip side I don't think he's much worse than any of the past 8-10 presidents we've had either. His biggest "fault" is his lack of decorum--his inability to let ANY comment go without a ridiculous tweet (well, that and a complete inability to remain on script when in front of a podium). Other than that I just don't see much difference...except he's actually gotten some things done (by being willing to say "fuck you" and working in very unconventional ways) on several fronts whereas his predecessors mostly just gave a lot of lip service:

* tax reform
* North Korea problem
* Chinese trade deficit
* border wall
* Keystone pipeline
^This right here nailed it. Agree with every word. :nod:

Trump is willing to step on sidewalk cracks, walk under ladders, and swim without waiting 30 minutes after a big meal. He's a doofus, but maybe there will be some very useful lessons for future presidents regardless of which party has the presidency next.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

* tax reform
* North Korea problem
* Chinese trade deficit
* border wall
* Keystone pipeline
What exactly has been done on the border wall?

I'll grant you what you said - he's shaking up the old guard and old process.

It's weird - anyone of us could post on his Twitter page and there's a dang good chance that our POTUS would respond or react. That is pretty damn incredible.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

* tax reform
* North Korea problem
* Chinese trade deficit
* border wall
* Keystone pipeline
Agreed.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Pwns wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

* tax reform
* North Korea problem
* Chinese trade deficit
* border wall
* Keystone pipeline
^This right here nailed it. Agree with every word. :nod:

Trump is willing to step on sidewalk cracks, walk under ladders, and swim without waiting 30 minutes after a big meal. He's a doofus, but maybe there will be some very useful lessons for future presidents regardless of which party has the presidency next.
Interesting to see the parallels in where I work (huge corporation) and the government. Lots of group think, circling the wagons and virtually no accountability of management. This too is why I like Trump. He is exposing, by virtue of his non standard approach, all this bullshit as the waste of taxpayers money and time that it is.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

* tax reform
* North Korea problem
* Chinese trade deficit
* border wall
* Keystone pipeline
There are only a few things that bug me about him...
He crawled into bed with the deepest fringe of the sanctimonious relig-o-tards
people that would gladly bring this country to it's knees and cripple it for their true believer crap
See: Iran pre-revolution / post revolution

other than that he's exactly as he portrays himself
A hyper self absorbed Egomaniacal TV Personality that every criticism seems to hurt his feelings
who spends all his time blaming everybody else - zero accountability
He will be known as "the buck stops over there President"

He is exactly what this country deserves
and when it's all over nobody will have gotten what they want (nobody)

:geek:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

* tax reform
* North Korea problem
* Chinese trade deficit
* border wall
* Keystone pipeline
There are only a few things that bug me about him...
He crawled into bed with the deepest fringe of the sanctimonious relig-o-tards
people that would gladly bring this country to it's knees and cripple it for their true believer crap
See: Iran pre-revolution / post revolution

other than that he's exactly as he portrays himself
A hyper self absorbed Egomaniacal TV Personality that every criticism seems to hurt his feelings
who spends all his time blaming everybody else - zero accountability
He will be known as "the buck stops over there President"

He is exactly what this country deserves
and when it's all over nobody will have gotten what they want (nobody)

:geek:
Obama wrote that playbook, my friend. 8 years in office....NOTHING was ever his fault. He blamed Bush right up to the very end.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

* tax reform
* North Korea problem
* Chinese trade deficit
* border wall
* Keystone pipeline
Let me add a few things:

* Exiting Paris Accord
* Holding NATO accountable
* Giving UN the middle finger
* Veterans' Ability to seek medical care outside of VA
* Obamacare mandate repealed