Political discussions
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

Chizzang wrote:Indiana citizens will now pay $7,000,000 in annual tax incentives for 800 Carrier jobs to stay in Indiana...

:rofl:

"We certainly don't want to take as our guide to creating jobs special tax breaks for a company that earned $7.5 billion in profits last year, got $6 billion in defense contracts, paid its top five executives $50 million, in order to preserve 1,000 out of 2,100 jobs," said Shapiro.

"It's essentially a transfer from the taxpayers of Indiana, who are providing these tax breaks, to the shareholders of United Technology plus those 1,000 workers. That's really not a model for creating jobs across America," he added..."
Yes, which also brings up the point that it wasn't Trump. It was Indiana State government. Trump had no power to do anything at this point and he didn't do anything. People who support him did something as a publicity stunt.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Chizzang wrote:Indiana citizens will now pay $7,000,000 in annual tax incentives for 800 Carrier jobs to stay in Indiana...

"We certainly don't want to take as our guide to creating jobs special tax breaks for a company that earned $7.5 billion in profits last year, got $6 billion in defense contracts, paid its top five executives $50 million, in order to preserve 1,000 out of 2,100 jobs," said Shapiro.

"It's essentially a transfer from the taxpayers of Indiana, who are providing these tax breaks, to the shareholders of United Technology plus those 1,000 workers. That's really not a model for creating jobs across America," he added..."
Yes, which also brings up the point that it wasn't Trump. It was Indiana State government. Trump had no power to do anything at this point and he didn't do anything. People who support him did something as a publicity stunt.

This is the new normal...
and we can expect 4 years of this kind of "greatness"

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Donald Trump: Bringing JSO and Chizzang Together Since 2016
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

:dunce:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

BDKJMU wrote:

Well nobody seems to be able to confirm the exact number
it's anywhere from 750 to 1,100

Depending on the report and what the final plan is - you do the math and tell me

"allowing Carrier to outsource 1,300 jobs to Mexico in return for 800 jobs remaining in Indiana for economic incentives worth a total of $7 million, negotiated by the vice president-elect, Mike Pence, who for the time being is still the state’s governor"
Last edited by Chizzang on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:Donald Trump: Bringing JSO and Chizzang Together Since 2016
Have you rinsed you mouth out yet, there seems to be some build up on your chin...?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

The citizens of Indiana aren't paying Carrier 7 million annually. The state of Indiana isn't making any 7 million in annual payments to Carrier. Taking less $ doesn't = paying. Of course in liberals minds it does..

The state of Indiana (state and local) will reap millions a year in taxes from those 1,000 relatively good paying jobs.. Income taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, etc, etc, etc...Plus not be paying out millions in unemployment & social servives & welfare & job training to 1,000 unemployed people (with families maybe around 4k people) most of whom would end up getting lesser paying jobs (full or part time) or no jobs at all, which would mean less tax revenue.

7 million annually for 1k jobs is only 7k per job annually. Leave it to Clitz and JSO to argue that it would be better to let those jobs go to Mexico.. :dunce:
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

BDKJMU wrote:

The citizens of Indiana aren't paying Carrier 7 million annually. The state of Indiana isn't making any 7 million in annual payments to Carrier. Taking less $ doesn't = paying. Of course in liberals minds it does..

The state of Indiana (stae and local) will reap millions a year in taxes from those 1,000 relatively good paying jobs.. Income taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, etc, etc, etc...Plus not be paying out millions in unemployment & social servives & welfare & job training to 1,000 unemployed people most of whom would end up getting lesser paying jobs (full or part time) which would mean less tax revenue.
Spin it baby SPIN IT..!!!!

:clap:
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Chizzang wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

The state of Indiana (stae and local) will reap millions a year in taxes from those 1,000 relatively good paying jobs.. Income taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, etc, etc, etc...Plus not be paying out millions in unemployment & social servives & welfare & job training to 1,000 unemployed people most of whom would end up getting lesser paying jobs (full or part time) which would mean less tax revenue.
Spin it baby SPIN IT..!!!!

:clap:
Holy crap, Chizz, you are really out there...as in, another reality.

Not taking taxes from a corporation is not taking money from people's pockets.

Furthermore, if the company moves to Mexico, then there would be ZERO taxes coming in from Carrier.

ZERO, as in, ZERO.

Let's do the easy math for those slow people in the room.

Carrier leaves = 2,100 job lost. Carrier pays ZERO taxes. the 2,100 workers pay no taxes.

Yea, no income for the state.

Furthermore, the taxpayers would pay a LOT of money to provide welfare for those 2,100 people. That is real money that needs to be paid out.

Yea, lost money for the state.

Carrier stays = Carrier pays taxes into the state, and the 1,000 Carrier workers pay taxes on their income and spending. That's real income to the state. But, apparently, to Libs, income to the state is worse than the state having to support unemployed people, because rich people should pay more taxes, and the Libs are willing to eliminate ALL jobs to prove that. :dunce:

Dumbasses.
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

BTW, it is $7 million over 10 years. That's $700k per year. Adjust your math accordingly. That is all.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

CAA Flagship wrote:BTW, it is $7 million over 10 years. That's $700k per year. Adjust your math accordingly. That is all.
Chizzy. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, let all the jobs go away...it won't impact Chizz one bit. :lol:

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

The exciting part is we get to do this back and forth bickering for at least 4 more years..!!!

and
Washington lost thousands of jobs to South Carolina (thousands) and here were are 4 years later
The No. 1 or 2 ranked economy in the country (Forbes has Washington #2 and Business Insider #1)

Indiana's economy under it's leadership is #37

Their shennaningans used to "keep jobs' is cute but a meaningless gesture
But it is good for the Trump bandwagon and press clippings

:nod:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Another fact regarding Carrier:
The $7mil was offered early this year by Indiana and it was turned down. So this is not a new offer. It was a change of heart.

#TrumpEffect
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Chizzang wrote:The exciting part is we get to do this back and forth bickering for at least 4 more years..!!!

and
Washington lost thousands of jobs to South Carolina (thousands) and here were are 4 years later
The No. 1 or 2 ranked economy in the country (Forbes has Washington #2 and Business Insider #1)

Bickering?

By bickering, you mean that you toss out some silly, nonsensical, falsehood spread by the tin hat people, and the thinking people laugh while proving you to be the shallow thinking tool.

OK, I'm good with that. :lol:

Say, speaking of wasting millions of dollars of taxpayer money, what was your girl's motivation for those recounts? :rofl: :rofl:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Cutting corporate taxes is giving people back money that already belongs to them but unless spending is cut it's also transferring the tax burden from the top down. If spending is cut then government services are reduced which affects the middle and lower classes.

At least until the magical pixie dust of supply side economics brings revenue back up.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

kalm wrote:Cutting corporate taxes is giving people back money that already belongs to them but unless spending is cut it's also transferring the tax burden from the top down. If spending is cut then government services are reduced which affects the middle and lower classes.

At least until the magical pixie dust of supply side economics brings revenue back up.
Wait, so we don't have a revenue problem...we have a spending problem?

Who knew? :lol:

And let's cut the crap...there is a lot of waste to cut before people start losing services.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Chizzang wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
Well nobody seems to be able to confirm the exact number
it's anywhere from 750 to 1,100

Depending on the report and what the final plan is - you do the math and tell me

"allowing Carrier to outsource 1,300 jobs to Mexico in return for 800 jobs remaining in Indiana for economic incentives worth a total of $7 million, negotiated by the vice president-elect, Mike Pence, who for the time being is still the state’s governor"
:thumb:
Fox News yesterday said Carrier was going to keep 1,200 of the original 2,400 that were going to Mexico, 800 of them were union jobs. I think CNN said 1,100.

The truth is somewhere...probably.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Cluck U wrote:
kalm wrote:Cutting corporate taxes is giving people back money that already belongs to them but unless spending is cut it's also transferring the tax burden from the top down. If spending is cut then government services are reduced which affects the middle and lower classes.

Wait, so we don't have a revenue problem...we have a spending problem?

Who knew? :lol:

And let's cut the crap...there is a lot of waste to cut before people start losing services.
Not as much at the state level. When I695 passed in WA, small town police and fire took a huge hit. The City of Cheney literally closed up its Parks and Rec Dep. including the city pool. The state started charging Kalm $35/year to park at fishing public accesses. Why do you hate recreational swimming and fishing, Cluck? :lol:

But yes, there is indeed a ton of stuff to cut! Let's get going and let groups start lobbying for a their piece of the pie and see how far we get.

Cut your obligations then cut taxes. It's the fiscally responsible thing to do. You are into fiscal responsibility, aren't you? :mrgreen:
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

kalm wrote:
Not as much at the state level. When I695 passed in WA, small town police and fire took a huge hit. The City of Cheney literally closed up its Parks and Rec Dep. including the city pool. The state started charging Kalm $35/year to park at fishing public accesses. Why do you hate recreational swimming and fishing, Cluck? :lol:

But yes, there is indeed a ton of stuff to cut! Let's get going and let groups start lobbying for a their piece of the pie and see how far we get.

Cut your obligations then cut taxes. It's the fiscally responsible thing to do. You are into fiscal responsibility, aren't you? :mrgreen:
Nonsense...still a lot to cut everywhere.

And hey, I love recreational swimming and fishing. I also happen to pay for those services. Pay to play.

The government should not be into crap that isn't essential. :coffee:

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Cluck U wrote:
Chizzang wrote:The exciting part is we get to do this back and forth bickering for at least 4 more years..!!!

and

Bickering?

By bickering, you mean that you toss out some silly, nonsensical, falsehood spread by the tin hat people, and the thinking people laugh while proving you to be the shallow thinking tool.

Say, speaking of wasting millions of dollars of taxpayer money, what was your girl's motivation for those recounts? :rofl: :rofl:
My girl..?

:suspicious:

You've become delusional with your Trump euphoria
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Cluck U wrote:
kalm wrote:

And hey, I love recreational swimming and fishing. I also happen to pay for those services. Pay to play.

I feel the same away about municipal golf courses. :nod: :nod: :nod: :coffee:
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Chizzang wrote:
Cluck U wrote:
Bickering?

My girl..?

:suspicious:

You've become delusional with your Trump euphoria
No...you're a Green Guy so she's your Green Girl. :nod:

YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

kalm wrote:
Cluck U wrote:

I feel the same away about municipal golf courses. :nod: :nod: :nod: :coffee:

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote:Carrier will keep jobs in the US. Apple is contemplating making iPhones in the US.

Trump not even in office yet and already kicking ass.

They got $7,000,000 and then sent 1100 jobs to Mexico. :coffee:

:coffee: Great job, Don.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

The average Trump voter in 3 years...