The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17486
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: The Official

Post by houndawg »

css75 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Bullshit. Trump is the Republican party. :rofl:

But it is an American Republican Party not a Russian one. Your girl pantsuit Hilly is the losing party.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wrong, Trump grovels before Putin's feet.

Probably sucked him off in Helsinki. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53444
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: The Official

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
css75 wrote:

But it is an American Republican Party not a Russian one. Your girl pantsuit Hilly is the losing party.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wrong, Trump grovels before Putin's feet.

Probably sucked him off in Helsinki. :coffee:
I'll have more flexibility after the election. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9198
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Official

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Wrong, Trump grovels before Putin's feet.

Probably sucked him off in Helsinki. :coffee:
I'll have more flexibility after the election. :coffee: :coffee:
More flexibility to lead from behind. Obama was feckless.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 13573
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Wrong, Trump grovels before Putin's feet.

Probably sucked him off in Helsinki. :coffee:
I'll have more flexibility after the election. :coffee: :coffee:
:lol:

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17418
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote:Partial win for Tump on barring asylum seekers in the U.S. if they first passed through another nation without seeking protection:

“A federal appeals court on Friday handed the Trump administration a partial victory in its quest for an asylum ban, appearing to clear the way for imposing it along the border in New Mexico and Texas, at least temporarily.

While the three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit upheld a lower court's decision to block the ban, it narrowed the nationwide injunction to the 9th Circuit, which encompasses district courts in the border states of Arizona and California....”
https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2019 ... p-1667003P

Good. A single circuit judge shouldn’t be able to issue a nationwide injunction- the injunction should be limited to his/her circuit. A say single 9th Circuit Judge shouldn’t be able to issue an injunction that rules on what can happen in say the 5th Circuit, without a single 5th Circuit nudge having the opportunity to overturn the injunction applying in the 5th Circuit.
And SCOTUS overturns the 9th Circuit 7-2, saying the asylum ban could go into effect..
https://reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1VW2U4

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23518
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Partial win for Tump on barring asylum seekers in the U.S. if they first passed through another nation without seeking protection:

“A federal appeals court on Friday handed the Trump administration a partial victory in its quest for an asylum ban, appearing to clear the way for imposing it along the border in New Mexico and Texas, at least temporarily.

While the three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit upheld a lower court's decision to block the ban, it narrowed the nationwide injunction to the 9th Circuit, which encompasses district courts in the border states of Arizona and California....”
https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2019 ... p-1667003P

Good. A single circuit judge shouldn’t be able to issue a nationwide injunction- the injunction should be limited to his/her circuit. A say single 9th Circuit Judge shouldn’t be able to issue an injunction that rules on what can happen in say the 5th Circuit, without a single 5th Circuit nudge having the opportunity to overturn the injunction applying in the 5th Circuit.
And SCOTUS overturns the 9th Circuit 7-2, saying the asylum ban could go into effect..
https://reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1VW2U4
Sotomayor's dissent is full of emotion and "this is not how it's done" SJW language but curiously free of actual legal opinion
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 24931
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: And SCOTUS overturns the 9th Circuit 7-2, saying the asylum ban could go into effect..
https://reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1VW2U4
Sotomayor's dissent is full of emotion and "this is not how it's done" SJW language but curiously free of actual legal opinion
What do you expect from the Wise Latina? :lol:
“I’m just dealing with reality.” — JohnStOnge 12/19/19

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17486
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: The Official

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I'll have more flexibility after the election. :coffee: :coffee:
More flexibility to lead from behind. Obama was feckless.
:rofl:

Feckless and Black....and not a day goes by when you don't think about it :nod:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9198
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Official

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
More flexibility to lead from behind. Obama was feckless.
:rofl:

Feckless and Black....and not a day goes by when you don't think about it :nod:
I'll go with just feckless. Could care less about him being black. If you were to ask me what item I most disliked about Obama? He didn't appear to like America much.
Everything is better with Montana.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17486
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: The Official

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote:
houndawg wrote:
:rofl:

Feckless and Black....and not a day goes by when you don't think about it :nod:
I'll go with just feckless. Could care less about him being black. If you were to ask me what item I most disliked about Obama? He didn't appear to like America much.
You're out of step with your ilk.

It was the tan suit. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by css75 »

houndawg wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
I'll go with just feckless. Could care less about him being black. If you were to ask me what item I most disliked about Obama? He didn't appear to like America much.
You're out of step with your ilk.

It was the tan suit. :coffee:
I liked Obama outside of the fact he was a total douche.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9198
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Official

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
I'll go with just feckless. Could care less about him being black. If you were to ask me what item I most disliked about Obama? He didn't appear to like America much.
You're out of step with your ilk.

It was the tan suit. :coffee:
:lol: I actually liked the tan suit.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13048
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18234
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official

Post by JohnStOnge »

css75 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
You're out of step with your ilk.

It was the tan suit. :coffee:
I liked Obama outside of the fact he was a total douche.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I disagree with his philosophy of government. But he is a FAR more honorable man than Trump is.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17486
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: The Official

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:
css75 wrote:
I liked Obama outside of the fact he was a total douche.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I disagree with his philosophy of government. But he is a FAR more honorable man than Trump is.
Right now today he still draws bigger crowds than Trump can hire. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11052
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: The Official

Post by ∞∞∞ »

houndawg wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I disagree with his philosophy of government. But he is a FAR more honorable man than Trump is.
Right now today he still draws bigger crowds than Trump can hire. :coffee:
Yeah, but you see Obama's a douche 'cause he's a well-educated, well-spoken, family-oriented man.

Can't have people like that as President.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 13573
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Right now today he still draws bigger crowds than Trump can hire. :coffee:
Yeah, but you see Obama's a douche 'cause he's a well-educated, well-spoken, family-oriented man.

Can't have people like that as President.
Obama was just one big ass disappointment. All the nice talk and optics mean nothing if your policies don't benefit the average American...

...this goes for pretty much any President on any side of the aisle.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 13573
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Agree. GOP should be doing nothing but touting the economy and how POC's have greatly benefited from it. Nobody cares about debt aside from politicos grandstanding on that issue.

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by css75 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Right now today he still draws bigger crowds than Trump can hire. :coffee:
Yeah, but you see Obama's a douche 'cause he's a well-educated, well-spoken, family-oriented man.

Can't have people like that as President.[/quot


.Such an honorable man

“If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.”
“If I had a son, he would be like Treyvon Martin.”
When Kris Kyle died he never acknowledged it
When Whitney Houston died he ordered flags at half mast.

More if you want them.

He could have healed racial tension, instead he made it the worst since the 60s.





Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17486
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: The Official

Post by houndawg »

css75 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:
Yeah, but you see Obama's a douche 'cause he's a well-educated, well-spoken, family-oriented man.

Can't have people like that as President.[/quot


.Such an honorable man

“If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.”
“If I had a son, he would be like Treyvon Martin.”
When Kris Kyle died he never acknowledged it
When Whitney Houston died he ordered flags at half mast.

More if you want them.

He could have healed racial tension, instead he made it the worst since the 60s.





Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:rofl:

I'm dying to hear where you acquired your expertise in race relations.. :notworthy:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6517
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Pwns »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAHrjFQ

Seeing some people on the right complain about this, but the alternative is that California basically gets to set the standards for the whole country, in which case why even have federal agencies to oversee this?

See what happened with California's goofy gas cans that you need 3 hands to use.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 36747
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CAA Flagship »

Pwns wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAHrjFQ

Seeing some people on the right complain about this, but the alternative is that California basically gets to set the standards for the whole country, in which case why even have federal agencies to oversee this?

See what happened with California's goofy gas cans that you need 3 hands to use.
I was watching some guy ripping Trump on MSNBC last week on this. He pointed to the comment that was made by the Admin that the cars would be less safe. He said, "I don't even know what that means", while laughing. :dunce: That's typical politics right there. It's not hard to understand that the weight of the vehicle and fuel mileage are tied to each other. And that lighter cars are less safe.

Meh. Let's have the courts decide. That's what they are there for.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23518
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

Well well

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... -sanctions

So Iran has a temper tantrum, pirating ships, shooting down drones, and even attacking Saudi Arabia.... because they were counting on France, Germany, and the UK to continue to support the original “deal”.

Then after the attack on the Saudi oil facilities, France Germany and the UK issue statements that Iran was responsible

Suddenly Iran is singing a different tune. They grossly miscalculated and vaulted themselves right back into pariah status overnight

Trump should demand they enter into treaty negotiations and make it clear that sanctions relief is dependent on the signing of a nuclear nonproliferation treaty. Doubtful that he will, because he’ll want a quick “win”, and of course he likes “deals” too.... but if Lindsey has any juice at all with Trump he should be pushing this


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19274
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: The Official

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:Well well

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... -sanctions

So Iran has a temper tantrum, pirating ships, shooting down drones, and even attacking Saudi Arabia.... because they were counting on France, Germany, and the UK to continue to support the original “deal”.

Then after the attack on the Saudi oil facilities, France Germany and the UK issue statements that Iran was responsible

Suddenly Iran is singing a different tune. They grossly miscalculated and vaulted themselves right back into pariah status overnight

Trump should demand they enter into treaty negotiations and make it clear that sanctions relief is dependent on the signing of a nuclear nonproliferation treaty. Doubtful that he will, because he’ll want a quick “win”, and of course he likes “deals” too.... but if Lindsey has any juice at all with Trump he should be pushing this
It's cute how you still think Trump is capable of doing something not entirely neurotic and myopic...

:lol:

meanwhile:
Trumps headed to a rally in the midwest where he can talk about himself
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7820
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by UNI88 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Well well

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... -sanctions

So Iran has a temper tantrum, pirating ships, shooting down drones, and even attacking Saudi Arabia.... because they were counting on France, Germany, and the UK to continue to support the original “deal”.

Then after the attack on the Saudi oil facilities, France Germany and the UK issue statements that Iran was responsible

Suddenly Iran is singing a different tune. They grossly miscalculated and vaulted themselves right back into pariah status overnight

Trump should demand they enter into treaty negotiations and make it clear that sanctions relief is dependent on the signing of a nuclear nonproliferation treaty. Doubtful that he will, because he’ll want a quick “win”, and of course he likes “deals” too.... but if Lindsey has any juice at all with Trump he should be pushing this
It's cute how you still think Trump is capable of doing something not entirely neurotic and myopic...

Image

meanwhile:
Trumps headed to a rally in the midwest where he can talk about himself
I agree that Trump is neurotic, myopic and a number of other things but where would we likely be with Hillary or someone else as POTUS? My guess is either capitulating in hopes of convincing Iran to settle down or raising the alarm and sending in the __th Fleet and racheting up the tensions and likelihood of an actual conflict. I'll take Trump's lack of follow through over either of those and I don't care if his business interests are what drives his administration in the right direction.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Reply