SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I wish Virginia was more like California. Hopefully one day. :nod:

Let's get strong gun-control first though. That was one of the biggest issues in this election.

edit: the other big issue was a the minimum wage increase and Equal Rights Amendment.
Are you sure you're an engineer because math doesn't seem to be your strong suit. That was three big issues.

Why limit your aspirations to being like California? Shoot for the stars and try to be like Illinois with burgeoning taxes and a population that is fleeing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
The only thing keeping CA from devolving into IL is the natural resources, tourism, and agribusiness; otherwise this state would have ran out of money years ago.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Let's get strong gun-control first though. That was one of the biggest issues in this election.
Now there’s something you don’t hear every day. “I wish my state was more like California!”

Highest taxes
highest homeless population.
Highest gas prices.
Highest housing prices.
Highest illegal immigrant population.
Voted the worst state to do business in 8 years in a row.
Almost dead last in new business creation.
Highest corporate tax rate in the country.
Highest sales tax rate in the country.
Lowest credit/bond rating in the country.
2nd only to NY in unfounded pension liabilities.
Cities going bankrupt on a daily basis
Electricity costs that are 50% greater than the national average
State burns up every year because tree huggers won’t allow responsible forest management
Alternating between drought and floods
Rampant gang activity
3 of top 10 most violent cities in America are in California
Rated in top 5 most riskiest states for drivers (2/10 drivers don’t have insurance)
People shit on the streets and sidewalks

Yep. Sounds like a fucking utopia. You really have gone full retard. :rofl: :rofl:
Don't forget that when the wind blows too hard, the power gets turned off...even though green energy folks said wind generates more power. Go figure. :coffee:
css75
Level3
Level3

The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by css75 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Don't worry, nothing could possibly go wrong.

Signed,

California
I wish Virginia was more like California. Hopefully one day. :nod:

edit: the other big issue was a the minimum wage increase and Equal Rights Amendment.

If you get what you want,be sure and get a pooper scooper for the homeless mess. Also, donate cardboard to their houses,also watch your step you don’t want to get stuck by a needle a drug addict left. Finally, be prepared for forest fires, higher taxes (you will like that), and watch the crime rate increase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by css75 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Now there’s something you don’t hear every day. “I wish my state was more like California!”

Highest taxes
highest homeless population.
Highest gas prices.
Highest housing prices.
Highest illegal immigrant population.
Voted the worst state to do business in 8 years in a row.
Almost dead last in new business creation.
Highest corporate tax rate in the country.
Highest sales tax rate in the country.
Lowest credit/bond rating in the country.
2nd only to NY in unfounded pension liabilities.
Cities going bankrupt on a daily basis
Electricity costs that are 50% greater than the national average
State burns up every year because tree huggers won’t allow responsible forest management
Alternating between drought and floods
Rampant gang activity
3 of top 10 most violent cities in America are in California
Rated in top 5 most riskiest states for drivers (2/10 drivers don’t have insurance)
People shit on the streets and sidewalks

Yep. Sounds like a fucking utopia. You really have gone full retard. :rofl: :rofl:
Don't forget that when the wind blows too hard, the power gets turned off...even though green energy folks said wind generates more power. Go figure. :coffee:
And that’s because of something I left OFF the list. It’s considered the 2nd most LITIGIOUS state in the country, and the worst from a judicial standpoint. If I were running PG&E I’d shut that fucking power off too... :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by SDHornet »

css75 wrote:

If you get what you want,be sure and get a pooper scooper for the homeless mess. Also, donate cardboard to their houses,also watch your step you do t wa t to get stuck by a needle a drug addict left. Finally, be prepared for forest fires, higher taxes (you will like that), watch the crime rate increase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fun CA fact:

You can shoplift and be totally good so long as you don't steal more than $950 of merch in one trip.

Yay prop 47!!!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

BDKJMU wrote:Dow closes at record high as Walgreens reportedly considers going private
All three indexes set records on Monday.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/us- ... nov-5-2019
And the Dow & NASDAQ up again today..
It's just a continuation of the Obama years. :coffee:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Virginia Senate goes to Democrats.
House looking like it will go to the Dems too.

F*ckin' finally. Not counting my chickens yet, but I've been looking for the day that Virginia isn't red, isn't purple, but is a BLUE state.

And good job Kentuckians. :clap:
Start saving so you can pay your tax increase.

As far as gun control, I assume you want all handguns confiscated? That was the weapon of choice at VT. Also knives and blunt objects, as they kill more people. And cars. God are cars ever instruments of death!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

93henfan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: House looking like it will go to the Dems too.

F*ckin' finally. Not counting my chickens yet, but I've been looking for the day that Virginia isn't red, isn't purple, but is a BLUE state.

And good job Kentuckians. :clap:

As far as gun control, I assume you want all handguns confiscated? That was the weapon of choice at VT. Also knives and blunt objects, as they kill more people. And cars. God are cars ever instruments of death!
I'm not worried about tax increases; I typically vote for those. In fact, I expect and welcome it for higher government services and a pay increase for certain sectors, particularly education. I contend most teachers should make a minimum of $80-90K.

And no, I do not want all handguns confiscated. But stronger regulations are necessary, although it'll take a national effort. It won't matter what we do here if you can hop to West Virginia and get a firearm anyways. But it's a step forward in that national effort.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:
93henfan wrote:

I'm not worried about tax increases; I typically vote for those. In fact, I expect and welcome it for higher government services and a pay increase for certain sectors, particularly education. I contend most teachers should make a minimum of $80-90K.

And no, I do not want all handguns confiscated. But stronger regulations are necessary, although it'll take a national effort. It won't matter what we do here if you can hop to West Virginia and get a firearm anyways. But it's a step forward in that national effort.
It's really simple Trip - we do not have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
93henfan wrote:

If you raise taxes enough people won't just hop to West Virginia, they'll move there. What's the commute time from Charles Town to DC?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

UNI88 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I'm not worried about tax increases; I typically vote for those. In fact, I expect and welcome it for higher government services and a pay increase for certain sectors, particularly education. I contend most teachers should make a minimum of $80-90K.

If you raise taxes enough people won't just hop to West Virginia, they'll move there. What's the commute time from Charles Town to DC?
Less than my commute. We have more WV people working in our office than Delaware people. My commute is at a minimum 5 hours per day roundtrip. Worst (couple of times a year when a truck flips across US-50 or a family is wiped out in a head-on on the Bay Bridge) is around 8 hours of commute.
Last edited by 93henfan on Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
93henfan wrote:

CA teachers are highest paid in the nation. The state placed 46th out of 50 in student proficiency. So, good luck with that.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I'm not worried about tax increases; I typically vote for those. In fact, I expect and welcome it for higher government services and a pay increase for certain sectors, particularly education. I contend most teachers should make a minimum of $80-90K.

I’m seriously considering out near Harper’s Ferry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Virginia’s problem is 1/3 of the state’s population is in densely populated, deep blue, liberal, Northern VA. Most of them aren’t native Virginian’s, but liberal transplants. Most of the rest of VA outside the cities is deep red.

Taxes will go up, cost of living will go up, they’ll be going after people’s guns, etc. I’d scratched it off the potential retirement list decade ago.

VA would have been better off if Northern VA had gone to Maryland or WV when WV seceded from VA..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

-Conk gov, conk Lt gov, conk Attorney gen, with state senate & house controlled by conks.
-Lower cost of living.
-Sleightly lower taxes for individuals now according to the Tax Foundation for 2019. (WV 28th lowest, VA 35th). VA will go higher in the future).
-Won’t have to worry about liberal donks trying to take your guns.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

-Conk gov, conk Lt gov, conk Attorney gen, with state senate & house controlled by conks.
-Lower cost of living.
-Sleightly lower taxes for individuals now according to the Tax Foundation for 2019. (WV 28th lowest, VA 35th). VA will go higher in the future).
Other bonus: Trips won’t be living there. Nor will his issue (if any).
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

-Lower cost of living.
But, part of the plan is an hour and a half commute to your job in librulville. Should be fun with your 10 mpg dually.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

-Lower cost of living.
That's the only one I care about.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: -Conk gov, conk Lt gov, conk Attorney gen, with state senate & house controlled by conks.
-Lower cost of living.
But, part of the plan is an hour and a half commute to your job in librulville. Should be fun with your 10 mpg dually.
I ride a motorcycle and a long commute (which I have had in 2 out of 4 countries) is the BEST part of my day. Thanks for reminding me of what I have to look forward to... especially in fall when the leaves are turning

Oh... and I get to ride in the HOA lane and avoid several tolls... WINNING

:thumb:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Is your stash of powerbars hidden somewhere around Harper's Ferry, or was that SW VA?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Is your stash of powerbars hidden somewhere around Harper's Ferry, or was that SW VA?
Neither.

Try reading more carefully things I have written here and you'll suffer a lot less butthurt.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Don't worry, nothing could possibly go wrong.

Signed,

California
I wish Virginia was more like California. Hopefully one day. :nod:

Where's your post complaining about the popular vote??
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
I ride a motorcycle and a long commute (which I have had in 2 out of 4 countries) is the BEST part of my day. Thanks for reminding me of what I have to look forward to... especially in fall when the leaves are turning

Oh... and I get to ride in the HOA lane and avoid several tolls... WINNING

:thumb:
Do you ever get free garage parking on your motorcycle? I was surprised the parking lot at the medical center I worked let me in for free. Had spots just for bikes too.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

CID1990 wrote:

Where's your post complaining about the popular vote??
I’m going to have premium parking in Foggy Bottom.. it comes with my next assignment
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

My current plan is to retire in WV, but it'll be deeper into Almost Heaven than Harper's Ferry.

Btw, I was just there in June with my kiddos and the traffic was a bitch. That alarmed me. I don't want to be near people when I retire. I hate people.