Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Official

Postby houndawg » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:03 am

SDHornet wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Lol. Kind of like what the Dems are doing in this impeachment sham. Pretending to know things that they do not know....did not hear....but are CERTAIN happened. :lol:

ZING!!!

:rofl:

You slop Trump's knob with such gusto that Vladimir can feel from the other end. :nod:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Postby Ivytalk » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:57 am

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote:ZING!!!

You slop Trump's knob with such gusto that Vladimir can feel from the other end. :nod:

Ooh, another drive-by pooting from the pharaoh of Egypt. :coffee:
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby CID1990 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:22 am

Ivytalk wrote:
houndawg wrote:

BRAWWWK!

(As I like to say)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Postby Ibanez » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:23 am

SeattleGriz wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Oh and Mexico was going to pay for the wall.

They did. Maths already proved it.

Dana - you don’t really believe this do you? You’re joking, right? The money for the wall has come from the Pentagon and others US agencies. Mexico hasn’t given a dime.

And don’t say New NAFTA will pay for it. That isn’t how appropriations and tariffs work.
Meanwhile....
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -wall-yet/
The administration still has yet to fence in any new miles of border with President Trump’s wall, a top Homeland Security official acknowledged Thursday — though he said that’s not the right way to look at the problem.

Acting Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Mark Morgan told reporters that 78 miles of wall has been erected under Mr. Trump, but all of it has replaced outdated fencing or barriers that had previously existed.

None of it has blocked off a portion of the border where there wasn’t previously some type of barrier
Last edited by Ibanez on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Postby SDHornet » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:56 am

Ivytalk wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Yeah he got me good. :lol:

css75
Level3
Level3

Postby css75 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:11 am

SDHornet wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Lol. Kind of like what the Dems are doing in this impeachment sham. Pretending to know things that they do not know....did not hear....but are CERTAIN happened. :lol:

ZING!!!

The religion of liberalism,their sacrament is abortion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Postby SeattleGriz » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:45 pm

Ibanez wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
They did. Maths already proved it.

Dana - you don’t really believe this do you? You’re joking, right? The money for the wall has come from the Pentagon and others US agencies. Mexico hasn’t given a dime.

And don’t say New NAFTA will pay for it. That isn’t how appropriations and tariffs work.
Meanwhile....
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -wall-yet/
The administration still has yet to fence in any new miles of border with President Trump’s wall, a top Homeland Security official acknowledged Thursday — though he said that’s not the right way to look at the problem.

Acting Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Mark Morgan told reporters that 78 miles of wall has been erected under Mr. Trump, but all of it has replaced outdated fencing or barriers that had previously existed.

None of it has blocked off a portion of the border where there wasn’t previously some type of barrier

Do I think Mexico was going to write us a check? No, and neither did Trump. Pretty apparent he meant he was going to cause in influx of money in one fashion or another to offset the loss the taxpayer will have, for footing the bill for the wall.

Taken from his campaign. He is going to get cash one way or another and he only cares that the debits are higher than the credits to claim this true. Sounds just like a politician. And the maths are proving that broad definition correct.

“Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico (Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options). We will not be taken advantage of anymore.”
Everything is better with Montana.

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Postby Chizzang » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:54 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:“Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico (Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options). We will not be taken advantage of anymore.”
[/quote]

Dana, I need that link for that quote ^ please...

:geek:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Postby SeattleGriz » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:“Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico (Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options). We will not be taken advantage of anymore.”

Dana, I need that link for that quote ^ please...

:geek:[/quote]

ON the WAYBACK machine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160409064 ... ion-reform
Everything is better with Montana.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:39 am

Decided to take a look at where the Dow is in a different way. I took the core per session growth rate from the start of the Bull Market through 2016 election day and used it to estimate where the Dow would be now if it had continued at that rate since Trump took office in January 2016 through today.

Result: The Dow would be at 29,568.61 (it's currently at 28,004.89).

The rationale is as follows:

I did not give "credit" for what happened November 9, 2016 through January 20, 2017 because perception pertaining to who won likely impacted that. At the same time, I did not give "credit" to Trump because he could not actually do anything until he took office.

Of course Trump couldn't actually do anything until some point after he took office. So if anybody wants to suggest a start date as the point at which Trump's actual actions started to take effect I can plug that in.

I did just for the heck of it look at January 1, 2018 as a starting point. By that point the tax bill had been passed. The "where the Dow would be now" number for that starting point using the core pre 2016 election rate is 32,214.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Postby AZGrizFan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:59 am

Blah blah blah.....Jesus H Tittyfucking Christ you try soooo hard to twist facts to fit your narrative it’s almost comical.

You take the bottom of a bull market after the worst recession in 80 years....nice.

How about you look at how the market had basically stalled for almost the last THREE YEARS of obama’s Presidency...and then look at what it did literally THE MINUTE Trump was elected?

You are blind to what’s right in front of you. Your TDS is fully engaged at this point.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby UNI88 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:15 am

JohnStOnge wrote:Decided to take a look at where the Dow is in a different way. I took the core per session growth rate from the start of the Bull Market through 2016 election day and used it to estimate where the Dow would be now if it had continued at that rate since Trump took office in January 2016 through today.

I did not give "credit" for what happened November 9, 2016 through January 20, 2017 because perception pertaining to who won likely impacted that. At the same time, I did not give "credit" to Trump because he could not actually do anything until he took office.

Of course Trump couldn't actually do anything until some point after he took office. So if anybody wants to suggest a start date as the point at which Trump's actual actions started to take effect I can plug that in.

I did just for the heck of it look at January 1, 2018 as a starting point. By that point the tax bill had been passed. The "where the Dow would be now" number for that starting point using the core pre 2016 election rate is 32,214.
BRAWKKK!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Postby CAA Flagship » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:20 am

JohnStOnge wrote:Decided to take a look at where the Dow is in a different way. I took the core per session growth rate from the start of the Bull Market through 2016 election day and used it to estimate where the Dow would be now if it had continued at that rate since Trump took office in January 2016 through today.

Plug this in: What happened between election day and Trump's inauguration should absolutely be credited to Trump. I guess you don't understand how the market works.
Look at how many stocks drop after beating earnings estimates but lower their forward guidance. The market looks at the past AND future.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Postby Ibanez » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:49 am

You’re back dating a prediction to fit your opinion.

I’m with AZ...

Also, Get over it

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Postby UNI88 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Ibanez wrote:

I’m with AZ...

Also, Get over it

Debating anything Trump-related with JSO is a waste of time. He refuses to consider anything that doesn't match his narrative.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Postby SDHornet » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:13 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:Blah blah blah.....Jesus H Tittyfucking Christ you try soooo hard to twist facts to fit your narrative it’s almost comical.

You take the bottom of a bull market after the worst recession in 80 years....nice.

How about you look at how the market had basically stalled for almost the last THREE YEARS of obama’s Presidency...and then look at what it did literally THE MINUTE Trump was elected?

You are blind to what’s right in front of you. Your TDS is fully engaged at this point.

That magnificent orange bastard has one hell of a magic wand. :lol: 8-)

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:29 pm

SDHornet wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Blah blah blah.....Jesus H Tittyfucking Christ you try soooo hard to twist facts to fit your narrative it’s almost comical.

That magnificent orange bastard has one hell of a magic wand. :lol: 8-)

Like nothing I’ve ever seen.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:24 pm

Ibanez wrote:

No I'm not. I'm looking at the actual effects of Trump's actions while in power. He did not have any actions while in power during November 9, 2016 through January 20, 2017.

Also, Get over it

Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:25 pm

UNI88 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:You’re back dating a prediction to fit your opinion.

I’m with AZ...

Also, Get over it

Debating anything Trump-related with JSO is a waste of time. He refuses to consider anything that doesn't match his narrative.

I think the opposite is the case. I present you guys with objective data but you've decided in your own minds that the stock market is way better than it would be if Trump hadn't been elected. The objective data do not support that outlook so you do what you're doing now.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:27 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

I think the opposite is the case. I present you guys with objective data but you've decided in your own minds that the stock market is way better than it would be if Trump hadn't been elected. The objective data do not support that outlook so you do what you're doing now.

Says the guy ignoring three years worth of data. Along with every other record breaking performance during Trump’s presidency. :roll:

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 pm

As I've told you before: The problem with your thing about the stall is that there was a periodic low during February, 2016 then things generally rose from that point. It was not a situation in which things were flat for three years then Trump got elected and they were no longer flat. Things were not flat between early 2016 and 2016 election day.

Also, the point about what I described was to look at what has happened from the point at which Trump was actually in power. Whatever happened during the November 9, 2016 through January 20, 2017 period did not happen because of anything Trump actually did while in power.

You guys accuse me of trying to make the data fit my opinion. That is not the case. You guys are the ones doing that. You've bought into a myth and you're seeing what you want to see in order to maintain your belief in the myth.

Again: Nobody who would look at economic data including stock market data without thinking about who was in power when would say that something happened around the time Trump got elected or took power to change the basic nature of things. It's just not there.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:53 pm

John. NOBODY is saying the market was flat. That’s a ludicrous statement and shows an immense amount of ignorance to take the statement “the market didn’t move” to its logical extreme. The market moves every day. But that does not change the fact that from mid 2014-late 2016 (right up until Election Day) the market moved less than 100 points overall. And since then it’s gone up over 10,000 points. Look at the graph in just the month of November 2016 and tell me again how you can’t see that something happened when Trump was known as the president.

Its there. You’re blind to the facts if you can’t see it.

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Postby CAA Flagship » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Your math is wrong. There is no way the Dow could be at +29k using any projection of the DJIA thru the 2016 election, OR thru the 2017 inauguration. Show your work.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:34 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:John. NOBODY is saying the market was flat. That’s a ludicrous statement and shows an immense amount of ignorance to take the statement “the market didn’t move” to its logical extreme. The market moves every day. But that does not change the fact that from mid 2014-late 2016 (right up until Election Day) the market moved less than 100 points overall. And since then it’s gone up over 10,000 points. Look at the graph in just the month of November 2016 and tell me again how you can’t see that something happened when Trump was known as the president.

No. If one looks at the graph objectively and isn't thinking about who was President when one would say that there was a "stall" or "flattening" with fluctuations up and down. But an upward tend started after the DJIA reached a periodic bottom of 15,691 on February 12, 2016. It was 16% higher than that on November 8, 2016.

That's what you'd say if you were OBJECTIVE instead of trying to find ways to argue that there was a big change in the basic nature of things associated with Trump getting elected and/or taking office.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:08 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:John. NOBODY is saying the market was flat. That’s a ludicrous statement and shows an immense amount of ignorance to take the statement “the market didn’t move” to its logical extreme. The market moves every day. But that does not change the fact that from mid 2014-late 2016 (right up until Election Day) the market moved less than 100 points overall. And since then it’s gone up over 10,000 points. Look at the graph in just the month of November 2016 and tell me again how you can’t see that something happened when Trump was known as the president.

No. If one looks at the graph objectively and isn't thinking about who was President when one would say that there was a "stall" or "flattening" with fluctuations up and down. But an upward tend started after the DJIA reached a periodic bottom of 15,691 on February 12, 2016. It was 16% higher than that on November 8, 2016.

That's what you'd say if you were OBJECTIVE instead of trying to find ways to argue that there was a big change in the basic nature of things associated with Trump getting elected and/or taking office.

But your entire point is who was president. It’s integral to the entire discussion. So cherry picking the low point between early 14 and late 16 is just that: cherry picking.

You’ve proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you know nothing about economics. You should just stop digging.

Return to “Politics”