Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun May 19, 2019 6:05 am

kalm wrote:There are a few principled Congress critters. Republican Justin Amash is one of them. He’s calling for impeachment and calling out Barr. Much gnashing of tribalistic teeth will ensue. :clap:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/justin-ama ... peachment/
Amash is co-owner of Dynamic Source International. A China based manufacturer of tools, in which Amash claimed his tools were American made.

His principles appear to only be limited to lining his pockets.

https://youtu.be/_mEchotw5OM
Everything is better with Montana.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam

Postby kalm » Sun May 19, 2019 6:48 am

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote:There are a few principled Congress critters. Republican Justin Amash is one of them. He’s calling for impeachment and calling out Barr. Much gnashing of tribalistic teeth will ensue. :clap:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/justin-ama ... peachment/
Amash is co-owner of Dynamic Source International. A China based manufacturer of tools, in which Amash claimed his tools were American made.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun May 19, 2019 6:50 am

Operation Hammer soon to be revealed.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun May 19, 2019 6:51 am

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Amash is co-owner of Dynamic Source International. A China based manufacturer of tools, in which Amash claimed his tools were American made.

Take a look at the Amash family. Dad owns an import company and imports **** from China. They are fully intertwined with China and don't like tariffs.

That must be the Libertarian in him. Wanting our government to stay out of his foreign business.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby kalm » Sun May 19, 2019 7:01 am

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote:
Take a look at the Amash family. Dad owns an import company and imports **** from China. They are fully intertwined with China and don't like tariffs.

That must be the Libertarian in him. Wanting our government to stay out of his foreign business.

You still need some thickening agent. Maybe a few dashes of Melinda’s Habanero.

:coffee:

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun May 19, 2019 7:09 am

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Take a look at the Amash family. Dad owns an import company and imports **** from China. They are fully intertwined with China and don't like tariffs.

You still need some thickening agent. Maybe a few dashes of Melinda’s Habanero.

Agreed. Pretty thin right now, but the internet just started digging into his history.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Postby SDHornet » Sun May 19, 2019 10:07 am

Didn't read the articles linked, but what is the reasoning behind Amash's impeachment? Anything other than "Orange Man Bad"?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SDHornet » Sun May 19, 2019 10:09 am

Back to the Russia Hoax, here is an interview with Papadopoulos last month. Back then he said the Italians flipped and just this past week we had some Italian intel agency folks getting axed. Papadop says British and Aussie intel folks also tied up in this. Interesting.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun May 19, 2019 12:02 pm

SDHornet wrote:Didn't read the articles linked, but what is the reasoning behind Amash's impeachment? Anything other than "Orange Man Bad"?
Him and his family use a factory in China to make tools, then import them and sell them under an American name.

Tariffs don't help them, and he has been vocal about being against them.

I don't see what the problem is, if he would just admit it. A quick search shows the tools are a decent value for the price and customer service seems to be good.

Of course it never looks good to choose China over the USA.

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Postby CID1990 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:36 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote:

Libertarians are typically free traders so I’m not sure how Amash’s business background should come as some kind of revelation

It puts him at odds with both parties (although Democrats are currently free traders because Orange Man Bad)

The media went for the distracting shiny object of his tweets and either missed or buried his central point (no surprise there)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun May 19, 2019 6:36 pm

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:I am reading pieces of the report from time to time. Just for you guys who think the report affirmatively "cleared" everybody in the Trump campaign of coordinating with Russia, note that Paul Manafort provided internal polling data with a guy with connections to Russian intelligence. Here is an interesting commentary on that from the report:

That is way more "we couldn't tell" than it is "he didn't do anything." In other words, the polling data Manafort provided to the Russians COULD have played a roel in Russian interference. They just weren't able to find out if that was the case.

This thing where the report is being spun as having shown "no collustion" is just absolute nonsense. Again: The investigators did not acquire sufficient evidence to charge anybody with criminal conspiracy with respect to two specific Russian government election interference efforts given the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard. That's not the same thing as "we found they didn't do anything wrong." Not at all.

Well then

I thought the Wunderkind was supposed to get to the bottom of all this

It’s Mueller Time!! All those retards in the Trump campaign won’t be able to hide their nefarious actions from Mueller!

How did dumb Trump and his dumb henchmen ever outsmart Mueller?

(Because there was no conspiracy)

Your comment in parenthesis is not supported by affirmative evidence. You start reading that report, and I'm doing it piecemeal, and the truth is clearly more a "we can't tell" thing than a "nothing happened" thing.

One can say that the "Wunerkind" was supposed to get to the bottom of everytihng. But he and his team clearly stated that they ran into situations where they could not do that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun May 19, 2019 6:41 pm

SDHornet wrote:Didn't read the articles linked, but what is the reasoning behind Amash's impeachment? Anything other than "Orange Man Bad"?

Even Barr's statements indicated that Mueller found things that could be construed as obstruction of justice. There's obviously a LOT more than just, "Orange Man Bad."

There's also stuff like this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... f-n1002436

Really man. This thing of trying to act like there's NO reason for a statement like Amash issued is ridiculous. If we had this situation, the President involved was a Democrat, and the Republicans were in control of Congress they would ALREADY have filed articles of impeachment.
Could I ever be a star?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SDHornet » Sun May 19, 2019 6:48 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:

Even Barr's statements indicated that Mueller found things that could be construed as obstruction of justice. There's obviously a LOT more than just, "Orange Man Bad."

Really man. This thing of trying to act like there's NO reason for a statement like Amash issued is ridiculous. If we had this situation, the President involved was a Democrat, and the Republicans were in control of Congress they would ALREADY have filed articles of impeachment.

Cool story bro. Tell the leftists in the House to impeach or STFU. :coffee:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kalm » Sun May 19, 2019 7:25 pm

CID1990 wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Take a look at the Amash family. Dad owns an import company and imports **** from China. They are fully intertwined with China and don't like tariffs.

Libertarians are typically free traders so I’m not sure how Amash’s business background should come as some kind of revelation

It puts him at odds with both parties (although Democrats are currently free traders because Orange Man Bad)

The media went for the distracting shiny object of his tweets and either missed or buried his central point (no surprise there)

:nod:

The Democrats flip on tree trade dovetails their sudden lack of populism. It’s deliciously ironic.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SDHornet » Sun May 19, 2019 7:40 pm

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

The Democrats flip on tree trade dovetails their sudden lack of populism. It’s deliciously ironic.

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:56 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote:

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:00 pm

Then charges should be forthcoming.... any day now

I’m gonna do some “but Hillary” here since you defended her email shenanigans

Remember how you held her to a different standard?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Mon May 20, 2019 3:01 pm

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Cool story bro. Tell the leftists in the House to impeach or STFU. :coffee:

Yes. I know. That's the Republican schtick right now. And it's probably a good schtick tactically. But it's intellectually dishonest.

We all know that if the shoe was on the other foot and we were talking about a Democrat President doing what Trump did the Republicans in Congress would be howling for impeachment and removal. And, yes, I know that the Democrats would be doing what the Republicans are doing now. At least I think I know. I'm not quite sure because what Clinton did wasn't nearly as bad as what Trump did. So I can't quite use the way the Democrats behaved then as a model.

And BTW I don't even think we needed the Mueller report to tell us that Trump obstructed justice in terms of the way obstructing justice if obstruction of justice is defined as trying to impede an investigation. Trump did that in plain sight.
Could I ever be a star?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SeattleGriz » Mon May 20, 2019 3:39 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Cool story bro. Tell the leftists in the House to impeach or STFU. :coffee:

Yes. I know. That's the Republican schtick right now. And it's probably a good schtick tactically. But it's intellectually dishonest.

We all know that if the shoe was on the other foot and we were talking about a Democrat President doing what Trump did the Republicans in Congress would be howling for impeachment and removal. And, yes, I know that the Democrats would be doing what the Republicans are doing now. At least I think I know. I'm not quite sure because what Clinton did wasn't nearly as bad as what Trump did. So I can't quite use the way the Democrats behaved then as a model.

And BTW I don't even think we needed the Mueller report to tell us that Trump obstructed justice in terms of the way obstructing justice if obstruction of justice is defined as trying to impede an investigation. Trump did that in plain sight.

What did Trump do that hasn't been covered by AG Barr and Rosenstein?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Mon May 20, 2019 4:57 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Nothing that was in the Barr report. But, obviously, there are many who have looked at the report and disagree with their conclusions on the obstruction of justice issues. That includes hundreds of former prosecutors from both political parties. Another thing is that the standard for impeachment is different than the standard for criminal prosecution. At least that's what everybody says.

When it comes to the "collusion" thing, Mueller specifically said he wasn't getting into that. The way I read what I've read so far, Mueller was looking at two specific election interference efforts by the Russian government. One was a Social Media campaign conducted by the Russian Internet Research Agency. The other was the hacking of the Democratic Party e mails by the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Russian Army (which is for some reason abbreviated as "GRU"). As I'm reading it Mueller was narrowly looking at whether people in the Trump campaign agreed to assist the Russian government in those two specific efforts. And he concluded that there was not sufficient evidence to conclude that any had. That's it.

To say that means Mueller broadly and affirmatively found that there was "no collusion" with Russians is either intellectually dishonest or ignorant.

And in fact we all know that Manafort, for example, was discussing strategies for winning midwestern states with a guy with connections to Russian intelligence while sharing internal campaign polling data on what was going on in those states with those guys. Mueller said they couldn't say it was part of the potential conspiracies he was looking into, in part, because he doesn't know what the guy with connections to Russian intelligence DID with the data. But Manafort was OBVIOUSLY cooperating with a guy with connections to Russian intelligence. Nobody even disputes the fact that it happened.
Could I ever be a star?

css75
Level2
Level2

Postby css75 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:10 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

Nothing that was in the Barr report. But, obviously, there are many who have looked at the report and disagree with their conclusions on the obstruction of justice issues. That includes hundreds of former prosecutors from both political parties. Another thing is that the standard for impeachment is different than the standard for criminal prosecution. At least that's what everybody says.

When it comes to the "collusion" thing, Mueller specifically said he wasn't getting into that. The way I read what I've read so far, Mueller was looking at two specific election interference efforts by the Russian government. One was a Social Media campaign conducted by the Russian Internet Research Agency. The other was the hacking of the Democratic Party e mails by the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Russian Army (which is for some reason abbreviated as "GRU"). As I'm reading it Mueller was narrowly looking at whether people in the Trump campaign agreed to assist the Russian government in those two specific efforts. And he concluded that there was not sufficient evidence to conclude that any had. That's it.

To say that means Mueller broadly and affirmatively found that there was "no collusion" with Russians is either intellectually dishonest or ignorant.

And in fact we all know that Manafort, for example, was discussing strategies for winning midwestern states with a guy with connections to Russian intelligence while sharing internal campaign polling data on what was going on in those states with those guys. Mueller said they couldn't say it was part of the potential conspiracies he was looking into, in part, because he doesn't know what the guy with connections to Russian intelligence DID with the data. But Manafort was OBVIOUSLY cooperating with a guy with connections to Russian intelligence. Nobody even disputes the fact that it happened.

John, Mueller had 18 rabid Democrats, manyHillary donors, they took 2 years and found zilch. Do you not think if they had something they would have pursued. Your TDS has taken your power of rational thought away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Postby BDKJMU » Mon May 20, 2019 6:56 pm

"Pelosi clashes with fellow Dems in closed-door debate on impeachment

Reps. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), and Joe Neguse (D-Colo.) — all members of the Democratic leadership — pushed to begin impeachment proceedings during a leadership meeting in Pelosi's office, said the sources....."
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/ ... nt-1336587

Do it. Do it. Please do it! :nod:

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:10 pm

BDKJMU wrote:"Pelosi clashes with fellow Dems in closed-door debate on impeachment

Reps. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), and Joe Neguse (D-Colo.) — all members of the Democratic leadership — pushed to begin impeachment proceedings during a leadership meeting in Pelosi's office, said the sources....."
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/ ... nt-1336587

Do it. Do it. Please do it! :nod:

It won’t happen.

These people using the criminal standard to justify a purely political act...

Pelosi rightly wants to push a legislative agenda but she can’t do it without the young Turks... it will be interesting to see. She’s going to have to appease the progs by offering them some authorship as well as running a lot of interference for the Jew baiting- but that will backfire because any bill containing unicorns from the simpleton sorority is going to be DOA

This is going to be an empty session in the House (nit much different from the status quo ante)

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Postby Pwns » Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 pm

Nancy Pelosi is going to feel exactly like John Boehner did in 2011. :lol:

Speaker of the House.
Keeper of the zoo.
Babysitter of AOC and Ilhan Omar too!
Listens to 'em whine, much as she can take.
Cleaning up the messes they leave in their wake!
Then they say "we want impeachment!"
"Nancy give it all you got!"
Dirty bunch of proggies Jesus what a sorry little lot!
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Postby Ivytalk » Tue May 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Pwns wrote:Nancy Pelosi is going to feel exactly like John Boehner did in 2011. :lol:

Speaker of the House.
Keeper of the zoo.
Babysitter of AOC and Ilhan Omar too!
Listens to 'em whine, much as she can take.
Cleaning up the messes they leave in their wake!
Then they say "we want impeachment!"
"Nancy give it all you got!"
Dirty bunch of proggies Jesus what a sorry little lot!

Les Miz

ISWYDT

Original or borrowed?
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

Return to “Politics”