Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Political discussions
User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 50626
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Ibanez » Thu May 30, 2019 1:43 pm

css75 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
We'll see, but I think they're going to slow-roll it to maximize 2020 reverberations. And, I think that's the right strategy.

If they rush to impeach in the House, the Senate will move even faster to vote not to convict. It's a non factor or minor footnote in 2020 at that point.

Yes, it's entirely political. And will be a shitshow. It sucks, but that's the only mechanism the founders provided.


Just curious, what other mechanism would you provide?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Just curious, Why do you think Trump is beyond reproach?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12279
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Thu May 30, 2019 2:08 pm

kalm wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Indictment


No one should be above the law and the law should apply to all people equally but I’m guessing being able to indict the president would turn things even more political and become potentially destabilizing.


I agree that it could be destabilizing, but do not think it would be more political.

The DOJ and the Judicial branch are among the least political parts of our government. It may be less so now, but it's still nowhere near Congress. Without both agreeing to the merits of an indictment... It ain't happening. It also must be initiated by the DOJ from his own branch of government... and the AG... appointed by the President himself and confirmed by the Senate.

Currently, it falls solely to the Legislative Branch... the absolute worst branch to handle something like this. Limp dick subpoena power to actually compel testimony or procure evidence. And because it consists solely of 535 elected officials... any decision will be measured primarily by its political value.

And, it could be destabilizing, but no more than impeachments could be, imo. Perhaps less so because there would be checks on indictments brought against a President. There are no checks on the propriety of the House impeaching.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2238
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby css75 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:11 pm

Ibanez wrote:
css75 wrote:
Just curious, what other mechanism would you provide?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Just curious, Why do you think Trump is beyond reproach?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I don’t, but this Russia crap and everything associated with it is just plain stupid.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 41900
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby kalm » Thu May 30, 2019 2:15 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:
kalm wrote:
No one should be above the law and the law should apply to all people equally but I’m guessing being able to indict the president would turn things even more political and become potentially destabilizing.


I agree that it could be destabilizing, but do not think it would be more political.

The DOJ and the Judicial branch are among the least political parts of our government. It may be less so now, but it's still nowhere near Congress. Without both agreeing to the merits of an indictment... It ain't happening. It also must be initiated by the DOJ from his own branch of government... and the AG... appointed by the President himself and confirmed by the Senate.

Currently, it falls solely to the Legislative Branch... the absolute worst branch to handle something like this. Limp dick subpoena power to actually compel testimony or procure evidence. And because it consists solely of 535 elected officials... any decision will be measured primarily by its political value.

And, it could be destabilizing, but no more than impeachments could be, imo. Perhaps less so because there would be checks on indictments brought against a President. There are no checks on the propriety of the House impeaching.


Good points. Well thought out. :thumb:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21064
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby CID1990 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:02 pm

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Well, BDK... I've got a theory on that one (and it is as good as any other theory)

Somebody wanted to make sure they couldn't be maligned for partisanship when they knew they weren't going to find a conspiracy in the first place.

:coffee:

I think that's pretty true. I think Trump is too **** stupid to realize what's going on and he feels that acknowledging Russian involvement de-legitimizes his election. That's understandable. He's not the stable genius he thinks he, at least his words and actions don't prove that.

But then he stepped on his own dick and it appears that he tried to obstruct justice.


That’s about the size of it

Basically, nobody who was invested in the Russia conspiracy narrative has any room to criticize Trump’s intelligence- because they are right there with him


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21064
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby CID1990 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:05 pm

Anyone who agrees that a sitting President should be indicted should take a very close look at places like Nigeria - and then ask themselves if that’s truly a path they want to take

Try winning elections instead


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11941
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SDHornet » Thu May 30, 2019 6:03 pm

mainejeff wrote:It's amazing to see what depths people are willing sink to in order to defend their political ideology. Of course when Trump is done in 2024.....no one will have claimed to vote for him. :roll:

:coffee:

So maybe you can be the one that can explain how someone obstructs an investigation into something that didn't happen.

I'll wait. :coffee:

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11941
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SDHornet » Thu May 30, 2019 6:04 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Where's the proof that he hates Trump? Mueller is a life-long Republican, which is more than Trump can say. Did you even listen to what the man said? It's obvious you didn't, otherwise you would know why he didn't say Trump committed a crime Only a partisan hack doesn't understand what Mueller is saying here.

Futhermore, you missed the part where he was actually being fair towards Trump.
Spoiler: show
.

You may not like the investigation into Russia interfering with our election, and I don't understand why would you not. Mueller truly is the "last Boy Scout in Washington." The man worked hard and made his determination. You just don't like the outcome.


Face it - Trump is a shady as shit person who has more than likely committed the crimes of trying to obstruct justice. You're too partisan and divided to put country ahead of party. If this were a Democrat, you all would be foaming at the mouth for Impeachment. You vote and support someone who is a petulant child and has more than likely committed crimes at POTUS.

I hate to sound like Trip and JSO. But you guys need to think critically and honestly assess the situation. You aren't. :twocents: :coffee:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like somebody ELSE doesn't like the outcome either... :suspicious: :suspicious:

ORANGE MAN BAD!!!

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11941
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SDHornet » Thu May 30, 2019 6:06 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:
kalm wrote:
No one should be above the law and the law should apply to all people equally but I’m guessing being able to indict the president would turn things even more political and become potentially destabilizing.


I agree that it could be destabilizing, but do not think it would be more political.

The DOJ and the Judicial branch are among the least political parts of our government. It may be less so now, but it's still nowhere near Congress. Without both agreeing to the merits of an indictment... It ain't happening. It also must be initiated by the DOJ from his own branch of government... and the AG... appointed by the President himself and confirmed by the Senate.

Currently, it falls solely to the Legislative Branch... the absolute worst branch to handle something like this. Limp dick subpoena power to actually compel testimony or procure evidence. And because it consists solely of 535 elected officials... any decision will be measured primarily by its political value.

And, it could be destabilizing, but no more than impeachments could be, imo. Perhaps less so because there would be checks on indictments brought against a President. There are no checks on the propriety of the House impeaching.

Have you not been paying attention to anything regarding this Russia Hoax you have been pimping for the last 2.5 years now? :suspicious:

:rofl:

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11941
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SDHornet » Thu May 30, 2019 6:08 pm

CID1990 wrote:Anyone who agrees that a sitting President should be indicted should take a very close look at places like Nigeria - and then ask themselves if that’s truly a path they want to take

Try winning elections instead


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can impeach then indict...

...of course if there was actually something worthwhile to impeach Trump on we would be well into the impeachment process by now...

...I wonder what is taking Pelosi so long to get this going. :lol:

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15317
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby BDKJMU » Thu May 30, 2019 6:30 pm

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Yep. A man who hates Trump, had an investigative team made up of democrat donor investigators, couldn’t say that Trump had committed a crime.

Where's the proof that he hates Trump? Mueller is a life-long Republican, which is more than Trump can say. Did you even listen to what the man said? It's obvious you didn't, otherwise you would know why he didn't say Trump committed a crime
if we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.
Only a partisan hack doesn't understand what Mueller is saying here.

Futhermore, you missed the part where he was actually being fair towards Trump.
Spoiler: show
It would be unfair to potentially — it would be unfair to potentially accuse somebody of a crime when there can be no court resolution of the actual charge.
.

You may not like the investigation into Russia interfering with our election, and I don't understand why would you not. Mueller truly is the "last Boy Scout in Washington." The man worked hard and made his determination. You just don't like the outcome.


Face it - Trump is a shady as **** person who has more than likely committed the crimes of trying to obstruct justice. You're too partisan and divided to put country ahead of party. If this were a Democrat, you all would be foaming at the mouth for Impeachment. You vote and support someone who is a petulant child and has more than likely committed crimes at POTUS.




I hate to sound like Trip and JSO. But you guys need to think critically and honestly assess the situation. You aren't. :twocents: :coffee:

But you do. :lol:
And talk about the pot calling the kettle black- It sounds like YOU are pissed off at the outcome.

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15317
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby BDKJMU » Thu May 30, 2019 6:31 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Where's the proof that he hates Trump? Mueller is a life-long Republican, which is more than Trump can say. Did you even listen to what the man said? It's obvious you didn't, otherwise you would know why he didn't say Trump committed a crime Only a partisan hack doesn't understand what Mueller is saying here.

Futhermore, you missed the part where he was actually being fair towards Trump.
Spoiler: show
.

You may not like the investigation into Russia interfering with our election, and I don't understand why would you not. Mueller truly is the "last Boy Scout in Washington." The man worked hard and made his determination. You just don't like the outcome.


Face it - Trump is a shady as **** person who has more than likely committed the crimes of trying to obstruct justice. You're too partisan and divided to put country ahead of party. If this were a Democrat, you all would be foaming at the mouth for Impeachment. You vote and support someone who is a petulant child and has more than likely committed crimes at POTUS.

I hate to sound like Trip and JSO. But you guys need to think critically and honestly assess the situation. You aren't. :twocents: :coffee:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like somebody ELSE doesn't like the outcome either... :suspicious: :suspicious:

No kidding. Beat me too it.

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17420
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby JohnStOnge » Thu May 30, 2019 6:31 pm

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Anyone who agrees that a sitting President should be indicted should take a very close look at places like Nigeria - and then ask themselves if that’s truly a path they want to take

Try winning elections instead


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can impeach then indict...

...of course if there was actually something worthwhile to impeach Trump on we would be well into the impeachment process by now...

...I wonder what is taking Pelosi so long to get this going. :lol:


You know very well why things are like they are. The Republicans in Congress have no integrity. They can see, as any rational person can see, that Trump should be removed form office. But they are not going to do it.

Pelosi knows that. Impeaching Trump and removing him from office would be the right thing to do. But Pelosi knows the Republicans in the Senate are not interested in doing the right thing.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11941
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SDHornet » Thu May 30, 2019 6:33 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote:They can impeach then indict...

...of course if there was actually something worthwhile to impeach Trump on we would be well into the impeachment process by now...

...I wonder what is taking Pelosi so long to get this going. :lol:


You know very well why things are like they are. The Republicans in Congress have no integrity. They can see, as any rational person can see, that Trump should be removed form office. But they are not going to do it.

Pelosi knows that. Impeaching Trump and removing him from office would be the right thing to do. But Pelosi knows the Republicans in the Senate are not interested in doing the right thing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, a bunch of "Never Trumpers" would have never went along with impeachment if there was some "there there" because of a "R" next to Trumps name. Sure thing bud.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2238
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby css75 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:52 pm

BDKJMU wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like somebody ELSE doesn't like the outcome either... :suspicious: :suspicious:

No kidding. Beat me too it.


Looks like Ibanez is ready to join the ranks with jelly and JSO.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15317
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby BDKJMU » Thu May 30, 2019 6:57 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:
kalm wrote:
No one should be above the law and the law should apply to all people equally but I’m guessing being able to indict the president would turn things even more political and become potentially destabilizing.


I agree that it could be destabilizing, but do not think it would be more political.

The DOJ and the Judicial branch are among the least political parts of our government
. It may be less so now, but it's still nowhere near Congress. Without both agreeing to the merits of an indictment... It ain't happening. It also must be initiated by the DOJ from his own branch of government... and the AG... appointed by the President himself and confirmed by the Senate.

Currently, it falls solely to the Legislative Branch... the absolute worst branch to handle something like this. Limp dick subpoena power to actually compel testimony or procure evidence. And because it consists solely of 535 elected officials... any decision will be measured primarily by its political value.

And, it could be destabilizing, but no more than impeachments could be, imo. Perhaps less so because there would be checks on indictments brought against a President. There are no checks on the propriety of the House impeaching.


Of course it would be destabilizing, and more political. If a POTUS could be indicted in office, then rogue, grandstanding prosecutor/DAs from the opposite party, including state/local, could indict the POTUS over BS reasons in order to make a name for themselves. Ever heard the expression indict a ham sandwich...A POTUS could literally be facing indictments right and left.

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12279
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Thu May 30, 2019 7:02 pm

And a judge will throw it out if it has no merit. There is a judicial check.

A President can be impeached for anything the House deems impeachable. There is no judicial check. The primary consideration is political.

There is "nothing" stopping a rogue assistant US attorney from charging Mitch McConnell or Nancy Pelosi with BS?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 41900
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby kalm » Fri May 31, 2019 4:19 am

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8240
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Fri May 31, 2019 5:05 am

Trump gets to England on June 3rd, expect Pelosi to start her "impeachment inquiry" June 3rd.

Wait until he is out of town.
Everything is better with Montana.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 22699
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Ivytalk » Fri May 31, 2019 5:07 am

SeattleGriz wrote:Trump gets to England on June 3rd, expect Pelosi to start her "impeachment inquiry" June 3rd.

Wait until he is out of town.

QE2 is probably dreading that visit! :lol:
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8240
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Fri May 31, 2019 5:08 am

BDKJMU wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Sounds like somebody ELSE doesn't like the outcome either... :suspicious: :suspicious:

No kidding. Beat me too it.
I guess Ibanez missed the whole Stzrok/Page texting part in which it took the IG to point out their bias to Mueller.

Yes, Mueller was a straight arrow.

In this sense, the only thing that makes sense is Cid's prediction... Mueller picked them to keep clear of being labeled, or the other option was he was biased.

His whole game reeks of this either/ or.

He was a hack or he filled his team with hacks to look better.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8240
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Fri May 31, 2019 5:09 am

Ivytalk wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Trump gets to England on June 3rd, expect Pelosi to start her "impeachment inquiry" June 3rd.

Wait until he is out of town.

QE2 is probably dreading that visit!
Well Meghan Markle is busy that week, so she won't be attending.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5449
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby UNI88 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:16 am

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Where's the proof that he hates Trump? Mueller is a life-long Republican, which is more than Trump can say. Did you even listen to what the man said? It's obvious you didn't, otherwise you would know why he didn't say Trump committed a crime Only a partisan hack doesn't understand what Mueller is saying here.

Futhermore, you missed the part where he was actually being fair towards Trump.
Spoiler: show
.

You may not like the investigation into Russia interfering with our election, and I don't understand why would you not. Mueller truly is the "last Boy Scout in Washington." The man worked hard and made his determination. You just don't like the outcome.


Face it - Trump is a shady as **** person who has more than likely committed the crimes of trying to obstruct justice. You're too partisan and divided to put country ahead of party. If this were a Democrat, you all would be foaming at the mouth for Impeachment. You vote and support someone who is a petulant child and has more than likely committed crimes at POTUS.




I hate to sound like Trip and JSO. But you guys need to think critically and honestly assess the situation. You aren't. :twocents: :coffee:

But you do.
And talk about the pot calling the kettle black- It sounds like YOU are pissed off at the outcome.
He doesn't sound anything like JSO or Trip just because he's pointing out that Trump isn't a good person. IMO Trump is a sociopathic, narcissistic charlatan who was fractionally better than Hillary. I like some of the things he's done as POTUS but there are also things that I don't like.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4472
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby mainejeff » Fri May 31, 2019 5:23 am

IMPEACH TRUMP.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11941
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SDHornet » Fri May 31, 2019 7:48 am

mainejeff wrote:IMPEACH TRUMP.

:coffee:

There is nothing stopping the House from doing so. What's taking Nancy so long? 8-)


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bearkat91 and 51 guests