CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой!

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote:Forgive me if this question has already been answered but:

What does "Сделаем Америку снова великой" mean?
I think it becomes clearer if you read it from right to left. :nod:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:And, I wouldn't be surpsised if it's not the end of the Sessions story.

As I posted regarding Flynn:

If another leak comes out that Sessions had OTHER contacts and AGAIN wasn't completely truthful... it will put him in quite a pickle.

I don't know that it will happen.... but, we'll see... updates will be posted here. :D
There is a long line of people behind Sessions that would serve America better than Holder and Lynch. I won't cry if he is forced to resign.
Indeed, he was always one of the weaker cabinet picks, and considering Rick Perry is running a department he wanted to get rid of just a few years ago that's saying a lot.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:]

Just do what skelly did

Throw it into google translate

Lived a year in Russia last year and I'm married to a Russian. By no means fluent, but know a good bit of Russian.

Google translate fucks this up. Try it yourself.

For instance... Alec Baldwin's is a shitty translation.

Literally means:

"To make Americas good again.'
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:]

Just do what skelly did

Throw it into google translate

Lived a year in Russia last year and I'm married to a Russian. By no means fluent, but know a good bit of Russian.

Google translate **** this up. Try it yourself.

For instance... Alec Baldwin's is a shitty translation.

Literally means:

"To make Americas good again.'
Yeah our former "smart power" State Department under Hillary ran "RESET" through Google too, I believe

When you understand a language it gets funny as hell to see how Google translates some things. Thai is absolutely hilarious. Even better is Facebook's translations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

It turns out the same Russian ambassador that the donks are in such a tizzy about conks meeting with went to the Obama white house over 20 times, and has met with lots of donks, including Schumer amd Pelosi. And now Pelosi claimed she never met with the Russian ambassador, and now a photo has surfaced or her meeting with him. Donks :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:It turns out the same Russian ambassador that the donks are in such a tizzy about conks meeting with went to the Obama white house over 20 times, and has met with lots of donks, including Schumer amd Pelosi. And now Pelosi claimed she never met with the Russian ambassador, and now a photo has surfaced or her meeting with him. Donks :lol:
:ohno: You don't get it. You aren't comparing apples to apples. There's nothing wrong or improper with Pelosi, Cantor and other Republicans and Democrats having a public, scheduled meeting with representatives of a foreign country. Did you miss the part where he met with Obama before the Congressional leadership did? The horror! How DARE our elected leaders meet with Prime Ministers and Ambassadors and then record it! THOSE BASTARDS!!!!!! :roll:

The issue is an inappropriate and/or secret meeting/discussion with a foreign official from a country that is currently suspected of interfering in a US Presidential election and then you lie about it. And what's at the center is if anything improper was discussed (like negotiating on behalf of the country before the inauguration). Perception is everything. Perception is Politics.
No one on either side of the aisle has suggested it's improper for lawmakers to meet with foreign diplomats. Rather, Democrats have slammed Sessions for failing to disclose those contacts, and the fact that he apparently had private meetings with the Russian envoy. Those meetings came at a time Russia was increasingly believed by U.S. intelligence agencies to be meddling in the 2016 presidential election.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/n ... ing-235653

Are you capable of thinking critically and impartially? OR do you just see everything either R(C) or D(L). By your asinine logic here, NONE of our Senators, Representatives, POTUS or VPOTUS should be meeting with Russians. Ever.

OH NO! Here he is at Trumps address to Congress this week. THE HORROR!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:It turns out the same Russian ambassador that the donks are in such a tizzy about conks meeting with went to the Obama white house over 20 times, and has met with lots of donks, including Schumer amd Pelosi. And now Pelosi claimed she never met with the Russian ambassador, and now a photo has surfaced or her meeting with him. Donks :lol:
:ohno: You don't get it. You aren't comparing apples to apples. There's nothing wrong or improper with Pelosi, Cantor and other Republicans and Democrats having a public, scheduled meeting with representatives of a foreign country. Did you miss the part where he met with Obama before the Congressional leadership did? The horror! How DARE our elected leaders meet with Prime Ministers and Ambassadors and then record it! THOSE BASTARDS!!!!!! :roll:

The issue is an inappropriate and/or secret meeting/discussion with a foreign official from a country that is currently suspected of interfering in a US Presidential election and then you lie about it.

Are you capable of thinking critically and impartially? OR do you just see everything either R(C) or D(L). By your asinine logic here, NONE of our Senators, Representatives, POTUS or VPOTUS should be meeting with Russians. Ever.

Yes. Why did Sessions lie about it...and as JSO pointed out, without even being directly asked if he had met with the Russians.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

For all their crap, CNN actually does a decent breakdown of what we do and don't know.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/04/politics/ ... index.html
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:

The issue is an inappropriate and/or secret meeting/discussion with a foreign official from a country that is currently suspected of interfering in a US Presidential election and then you lie about it. And what's at the center is if anything improper was discussed (like negotiating on behalf of the country before the inauguration). Perception is everything. Perception is Politics.
No one on either side of the aisle has suggested it's improper for lawmakers to meet with foreign diplomats. Rather, Democrats have slammed Sessions for failing to disclose those contacts, and the fact that he apparently had private meetings with the Russian envoy. Those meetings came at a time Russia was increasingly believed by U.S. intelligence agencies to be meddling in the 2016 presidential election.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/n ... ing-235653

You don't get it. :roll: In response to the donks over the top, ridiculous hyperventilating over Russia, I made an over the top post. The donks have comically made a mtn out of a molehill of the whole issue. Their massive hyperventilating has been over the top comical. :lol: And the politico said:
the fact that he apparently had PRIVATE meetingS with the Russian envoy.
Sessions isn't accused of having private meetings with the Russian envoy. He is only accused of having a private meeting (singular) with the Russian envoy. (The other time was clearly not a provate meeting). If you watch the entire excerpt of the questioning by Sen Franken, Sessions was clearly saying that he didn't meet with the Russians while a surrogate of the Trump campaign.

Of course our politicians on both sides of the aisle should be able to meet with the Russians. Its the donks who started all this "the Russians, the Russians! hyperventilating..
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Сделаем Америку снова великой!

Post by CID1990 »

Foreign ambassadors meet with legislators all the time. Especially this guy -

There's always a bottom line in these cases and in this one it is a matter of whether or not the Russians and Trump supporters/surrogates were coordinating the release of the Wikileaks stuff. That's jail for somebody if it happened.

Everything short of that is going to turn out to be a nothingburger - it will be the left's Benghazi (and I expect there is going to be about 50 of those over the next 4 years)

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Obama sanctions Russia costing Exxon hundreds of billions in oil partnerships with Russia.

Trump appoints Exxon chief and Russian friend Tillerson to SOS.

Trump surrogates and campaign staff lie about meeting with Russians.

Russia sells of off 19% of Rosneft and the press can't figure out who the ultimate controlling stake holders are.

6 Russian Ambassadors have died since November. :suspicious:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist and we'll see what happens but this reads like a novel.

...Except the use of "nothing burger" which is already worn out. :ohno:
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

kalm wrote:Obama sanctions Russia costing Exxon hundreds of billions in oil partnerships with Russia.

Russia sells of off 19% of Rosneft and the press can't figure out who the ultimate controlling stake holders are.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist and we'll see what happens but this reads like a novel.

Clinton Foundation. :coffee:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Yes. Why did Sessions lie about it...and as JSO pointed out, without even being directly asked if he had met with the Russians.
Since it seems everyone in DC has met with the guy over the last few years, it's pretty clear that in the context of Session's answer he's claiming that he didn't meet with the Russian dude in the role of a surrogate for the Trump campaign.

There just isn't any there, there. :coffee:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Cluck U wrote:
kalm wrote:Obama sanctions Russia costing Exxon hundreds of billions in oil partnerships with Russia.

Clinton Foundation. :coffee:
OR (AND?) :suspicious:

phpBB [video]

:coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

But, but...Obamillary!!!

:lol:

I was as critical of the CGI as you guys... :coffee:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Baldy wrote:
kalm wrote: Yes. Why did Sessions lie about it...and as JSO pointed out, without even being directly asked if he had met with the Russians.
Since it seems everyone in DC has met with the guy over the last few years, it's pretty clear that in the context of Session's answer he's claiming that he didn't meet with the Russian dude in the role of a surrogate for the Trump campaign.

No, he said he didn't meet with him, period. It wasn't until this whole thing broke that he specified he didn't meet with him in his capacity as a campaign surrogate. Lying and/or withholding information is not a good way to convince people that you don't have anything to hide.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:Foreign am
Yeah, I don't think the issue is simply these folks meeting or having conversations with Russians.

It's why they repeatedly feel like they need to lie about it. If Sessions said - "yes, I met with the Russian ambassador and discussed issues related to my position on the Armed Services Committee." It would be a nonstory.

Same with Flynn.

CID1990 wrote:There's always a bottom line in these cases and in this one it is a matter of whether or not the Russians and Trump supporters/surrogates were coordinating the release of the Wikileaks stuff. That's jail for somebody if it happened.
Could just be coincidence - but, Sessions's meeting with the ambassador was 4 days before the DNC Wikileaks started.

Meeting: July 18
Wikileaks: July 22

The Podesta emails occurred days after Roger Stone telegraphed them. How did he know? :coffee: Maybe he just got lucky.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Baldy wrote: Since it seems everyone in DC has met with the guy over the last few years, it's pretty clear that in the context of Session's answer he's claiming that he didn't meet with the Russian dude in the role of a surrogate for the Trump campaign.

No, he said he didn't meet with him, period. Lying and/or withholding information is not a good way to convince people that you don't have anything to hide.
Its clear to anyone with half a brain that he was denying meeting with him in the context of a Trump surrogate, which means no lie there..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: No, he said he didn't meet with him, period. Lying and/or withholding information is not a good way to convince people that you don't have anything to hide.
Its clear to anyone with half a brain that he was denying meeting with him in the context of a Trump surrogate, which means no lie there..
You haven't watched the clip have you? At best he fucked up splaining that angle.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

BDKJMU wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: No, he said he didn't meet with him, period. Lying and/or withholding information is not a good way to convince people that you don't have anything to hide.
I may only have a quarter of a brain, but even I know that nobody has any way of knowing what was actually discussed in the meeting.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
You haven't watched the clip have you? At best he fucked up splaining that angle.
I can agree with this. People are talking about context. The context isn't only about the specific question and specific answer. The whole day of sitting there being grilled has to factor into it. Not an easy process for anyone to go thru. That said, his answer to Franken's question was not one that settles anything. And Franken should have drilled down on that reply.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Why do they have such a hard time remembering or fessing up until they're caught?

"I may have met him — possibly. It might have been in Cleveland.”

That was former Donald Trump adviser Carter Page's tortured non-denial in response to MSNBC host Chris Hayes's repeated attempts to get him to confirm a meeting with Russia's ambassador at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland last year. USA Today had reported hours before that Page and another Trump adviser had met with Sergey Kislyak in July, despite Page's denial last month that he had met with Russian officials. And Page wasn't about to totally confirm it, citing the forum's desire for confidentiality.
JUDY WOODRUFF: Did you have any meetings — I will ask again — did you have any meetings last year with Russian officials in Russia, outside Russia, anywhere?

PAGE: I had no meetings, no meetings.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 6e693d7bcd
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:But, but...Obamillary!!!

I was as critical of the CGI as you guys... :coffee:
No, klam, you weren't. Not on the Russia issues as they pertain to the CGF, uranium sales, and Obama's knuckling under to Putin.

I'll say it again-

If there's evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians on the Wikileaks stuff, then that will be a yuuuge issue.

If not, there will be nothing. Keep in mind that sanctions against Russia over Ukraine have not been lifted.

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Foreign am
Yeah, I don't think the issue is simply these folks meeting or having conversations with Russians.

It's why they repeatedly feel like they need to lie about it. If Sessions said - "yes, I met with the Russian ambassador and discussed issues related to my position on the Armed Services Committee." It would be a nonstory.

Same with Flynn.

CID1990 wrote:There's always a bottom line in these cases and in this one it is a matter of whether or not the Russians and Trump supporters/surrogates were coordinating the release of the Wikileaks stuff. That's jail for somebody if it happened.
Could just be coincidence - but, Sessions's meeting with the ambassador was 4 days before the DNC Wikileaks started.

Meeting: July 18
Wikileaks: July 22

The Podesta emails occurred days after Roger Stone telegraphed them. How did he know? :coffee: Maybe he just got lucky.
You mean the encounter at the GOP convention with reporters and several other diplomats and people around?

Did Sessions eye-blink Morse code for "release the emails" to the Ambassador?

The meeting in his office with staffers that came later is likely where the "there" is.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

One thing that is potentially informative is the answer to the question of whether or not Sergey Kislyak attended the Democratic National Convention. I couldn't fine an answer to that per se. But I did find this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/kislyak- ... ing-2017-3

It's clear that Kislyak was hovering around the Republicans during the 2016 Presidential campaign. Was he also hovering around the Democrats?

As far as I can tell the answer is "no."
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came