Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern Uni.

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой!

Post by mrklean »

Cluck U wrote::suspicious: Did Obama resign after being taped saying this:

phpBB [video]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Liberal media...offended only if it isn't a Lib.
More Repuke Excuses :coffee:
So Typical
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Baldy wrote:Flynn got the boot because the coverup was worse than the non-crime. He talked to the Russians. He lied to the VP about it. The VP went on national TV and said Flynn didn't talk to the Russians. Illegal leaks came out and provided proof he did. Flynn lied to and embarrassed the VP. Flynn was given the boot.
Flynn wasn't given the boot because he lied to Pence.

The White House knew about these phone calls back in January and didn't do anything about it.

If it was simply "Flynn lied to Pence. He must go".... he would have been out then. :coffee:
:?

Derp...of course they knew about the calls. Most everybody did.

What was not revealed until just recently was the topics discussed during those calls.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Baldy wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Flynn wasn't given the boot because he lied to Pence.

The White House knew about these phone calls back in January and didn't do anything about it.

If it was simply "Flynn lied to Pence. He must go".... he would have been out then. :coffee:
:?

What was not revealed until just recently was the topics discussed during those calls.
The Justice Department told them what was in the phone calls in January.
The acting attorney general informed the Trump White House late last month that she believed Michael Flynn had misled senior administration officials about the nature of his communications with the Russian ambassador to the United States, and warned that the national security adviser was potentially vulnerable to Russian blackmail, current and former U.S. officials said.

The message, delivered by Sally Q. Yates and a senior career national security official to the White House counsel, was prompted by concerns that ­Flynn, when asked about his calls and texts with the Russian diplomat, had told Vice ­President-elect Mike Pence and others that he had not discussed the Obama administration sanctions on Russia for its interference in the 2016 election, the officials said. It is unclear what the White House counsel, Donald McGahn, did with the information.

In the waning days of the Obama administration, James R. Clapper Jr., who was the director of national intelligence, and John Brennan, the CIA director at the time, shared Yates’s concerns and concurred with her recommendation to inform the Trump White House. They feared that “Flynn had put himself in a compromising position” and thought that Pence had a right to know that he had been misled, according to one of the officials, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 41c769c8f1

It was new information to us... but, not to the White House.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Flynn shouldnt be the only one getting the axe. At least one person in the intel community (the leaker) ought to be getting the axe also.

"...Yet the leak itself is raising serious questions -- because when the intelligence community captures phone calls of an American inside the U.S., even if the discussion involves a foreign national (in this case an ambassador), steps must be taken to shield the American caller's identity.

Recent leaks also have revealed reported details from phone calls between Trump and the leaders of Australia and Mexico and from the intelligence community investigation into Russian interference in the U.S. presidential campaign.

"If [the Flynn conversation] was picked up inadvertently, then that would have had to have been approved by someone in the last administration to actually unmask his name so that the FBI or intelligence officials knew who it was on the other end of the phone talking to the Russian ambassador," Nunes told Fox News. "If, in fact, the press reports are right, someone made the decision to deliberately listen to General Flynn's phone calls and that is, I think, unprecedented, unwarranted and flat-out wrong."

Nunes said he is going to “be asking the FBI to do an assessment of this to tell us what's going on here because we cannot continue to have these leaks as a government."

Senate homeland security committee Chairman Ron Johnson, R-Wis., told Fox News that “somebody in the nebulous intelligence community” would have had access to the Flynn discussions.

“Who tapped the phones, who was listening to it, who leaked it? I think those are legitimate questions to ask,” he told Fox News on Tuesday. “Leaks of this nature are incredibly damaging to America … and we need to look into it.”

A congressional source told Fox News they believe the intelligence was known to a small circle of Obama administration officials and appointees at the end of last year, including some working within the intelligence community -- and the leaks were targeted and coordinated to undermine the administration...."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02 ... ation.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote:Flynn shouldnt be the only one getting the axe. At least one person in the intel community (the leaker) ought to be getting the axe also.
I thought it wasn't important who the source was... the important thing is the information in the leak.

:coffee:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Baldy wrote: :?

The Justice Department told them what was in the phone calls in January.
The acting attorney general informed the Trump White House late last month that she believed Michael Flynn had misled senior administration officials about the nature of his communications with the Russian ambassador to the United States, and warned that the national security adviser was potentially vulnerable to Russian blackmail, current and former U.S. officials said.

The message, delivered by Sally Q. Yates and a senior career national security official to the White House counsel, was prompted by concerns that ­Flynn, when asked about his calls and texts with the Russian diplomat, had told Vice ­President-elect Mike Pence and others that he had not discussed the Obama administration sanctions on Russia for its interference in the 2016 election, the officials said. It is unclear what the White House counsel, Donald McGahn, did with the information.

In the waning days of the Obama administration, James R. Clapper Jr., who was the director of national intelligence, and John Brennan, the CIA director at the time, shared Yates’s concerns and concurred with her recommendation to inform the Trump White House. They feared that “Flynn had put himself in a compromising position” and thought that Pence had a right to know that he had been misled, according to one of the officials, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 41c769c8f1

It was new information to us... but, not to the White House.
Benghazi!!!
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Baldy wrote: What was not revealed until just recently was the topics discussed during those calls.
Trump knew Flynn misled officials on Russia calls for ‘weeks,’ White House says
President Trump was aware for “weeks” that his national security adviser, Michael Flynn, had misled White House officials and Vice President Pence about his talks with the Russian ambassador before Flynn was forced to resign Monday night.

White House counsel Don McGahn told Trump in a briefing late last month that Flynn, despite his claims to the contrary, had discussed U.S. sanctions with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday. The briefing came “immediately” after the Justice Department informed McGahn about the discrepancy, Spicer said.

Sally Q. Yates, the acting attorney general at the time, and a senior career national security official at the Justice Department had informed McGahn at his office about their concerns on Jan. 26, according to a person familiar with the briefing. Spicer said the president and a small group of senior aides were briefed by McGahn about Flynn that same day.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 827e39cdb3

And, before you say it... it's not "fake news". It's straight from Spicer.

The White House freely admits this. :dunce:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Baldy wrote: What was not revealed until just recently was the topics discussed during those calls.
Trump knew Flynn misled officials on Russia calls for ‘weeks,’ White House says
President Trump was aware for “weeks” that his national security adviser, Michael Flynn, had misled White House officials and Vice President Pence about his talks with the Russian ambassador before Flynn was forced to resign Monday night.

White House counsel Don McGahn told Trump in a briefing late last month that Flynn, despite his claims to the contrary, had discussed U.S. sanctions with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday. The briefing came “immediately” after the Justice Department informed McGahn about the discrepancy, Spicer said.

Sally Q. Yates, the acting attorney general at the time, and a senior career national security official at the Justice Department had informed McGahn at his office about their concerns on Jan. 26, according to a person familiar with the briefing. Spicer said the president and a small group of senior aides were briefed by McGahn about Flynn that same day.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 827e39cdb3

And, before you say it... it's not "fake news". It's straight from Spicer.

The White House freely admits this. :dunce:
The fakest of news. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Russian spy ship currently off the coast of Delaware..
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/14/ru ... s-say.html
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote:Russian spy ship currently off the coast of Delaware..

Plus...
Russia has secretly deployed a new cruise missile that American officials say violates a landmark arms control treaty, posing a major test for President Trump as his administration is facing a crisis over its ties to Moscow.

The new Russian missile deployment also comes as the Trump administration is struggling to fill key policy positions at the State Department and the Pentagon — and to settle on a permanent replacement for Michael T. Flynn, the national security adviser who resigned late Monday. Mr. Flynn stepped down after it was revealed that he had misled the vice president and other officials over conversations with Moscow’s ambassador to Washington.

The ground-launched cruise missile at the center of American concerns is one that the Obama administration said in 2014 had been tested in violation of a 1987 treaty that bans American and Russian intermediate-range missiles based on land.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/worl ... reaty.html

Russian jets buzzed a U.S. guided missile destroyer in the Black Sea last week, the first such known incident since President Trump took office.

U.S. European Command confirmed the incident Tuesday.

The incident “was deemed unsafe and unprofessional because of various factors including low altitude and high speed,” said Lt. Col. David Faggard, a command spokesman.

The fly-by happened Friday and involved the USS Porter, which was in the Black Sea to participate in the Romanian-led multinational Sea Shield exercises.

The exercise had wrapped up when the Porter was buzzed by a Russian IL-38 transport aircraft flying at an “unusually low” altitude, Faggard said. After that, two Russian Su-24 jets flew by at a low altitude and a high speed. Finally, a different Su-24 buzzed the ship, he said.

The Porter was in international waters at the time, he added.
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/31949 ... -black-sea

The spy ship and the plane buzzing is relatively common.

But, all this at once... is... interesting. :coffee:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The WH's official narrative White House's official narrative was Flynn failure to inform the president about a series of phone calls with Russian officials. But that's not the real reason. And Flynn might have been the 1st target, but he want be the last.
Former Obama Officials, Loyalists Waged Secret Campaign to Oust Flynn
Sources: Former Obama officials, loyalists planted series of stories to discredit Flynn, bolster Iran deal.
http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... ust-flynn/
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

:rofl:

Lock them all up! :lol:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:The WH's official narrative White House's official narrative was Flynn failure to inform the president about a series of phone calls with Russian officials. But that's not the real reason. And Flynn might have been the 1st target, but he want be the last.
Former Obama Officials, Loyalists Waged Secret Campaign to Oust Flynn

Sources: Former Obama officials, loyalists planted series of stories to discredit Flynn, bolster Iran deal.
http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... ust-flynn/
Ain't payback a bitch? :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

BDKJMU wrote:Russian spy ship currently off the coast of Delaware..
No match for 93henfan on a surfboard with his AR.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Drip...

Drip...

Drip...
Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence

WASHINGTON — Phone records and intercepted calls show that members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to four current and former American officials.

American law enforcement and intelligence agencies intercepted the communications around the same time that they were discovering evidence that Russia was trying to disrupt the presidential election by hacking into the Democratic National Committee, three of the officials said. The intelligence agencies then sought to learn whether the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russians on the hacking or other efforts to influence the election.
American law enforcement and intelligence agencies intercepted the communications around the same time that they were discovering evidence that Russia was trying to disrupt the presidential election by hacking into the Democratic National Committee, three of the officials said.
As part of the inquiry, the F.B.I. is also trying to assess the credibility of information contained in a dossier that was given to the bureau last year by a former British intelligence operative. The dossier contained a raft of salacious allegations about connections between Mr. Trump, his associates and the Russian government. It also included unsubstantiated claims that the Russians had embarrassing videos that could be used to blackmail Mr. Trump.

The F.B.I. has spent several months investigating the leads in the dossier, but has yet to confirm any of its most explosive allegations.

Senior F.B.I. officials believe that the former British intelligence officer who compiled the dossier, Christopher Steele, has a credible track record, and he briefed F.B.I. investigators last year about how he obtained the information. One American law enforcement official said that F.B.I. agents had made contact with some of Mr. Steele’s sources.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/p ... &smtyp=cur
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Drip...

Drip...

Drip...
Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence

WASHINGTON — Phone records and intercepted calls show that members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to four current and former American officials.

American law enforcement and intelligence agencies intercepted the communications around the same time that they were discovering evidence that Russia was trying to disrupt the presidential election by hacking into the Democratic National Committee, three of the officials said. The intelligence agencies then sought to learn whether the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russians on the hacking or other efforts to influence the election.
American law enforcement and intelligence agencies intercepted the communications around the same time that they were discovering evidence that Russia was trying to disrupt the presidential election by hacking into the Democratic National Committee, three of the officials said.
As part of the inquiry, the F.B.I. is also trying to assess the credibility of information contained in a dossier that was given to the bureau last year by a former British intelligence operative. The dossier contained a raft of salacious allegations about connections between Mr. Trump, his associates and the Russian government. It also included unsubstantiated claims that the Russians had embarrassing videos that could be used to blackmail Mr. Trump.

The F.B.I. has spent several months investigating the leads in the dossier, but has yet to confirm any of its most explosive allegations.

Senior F.B.I. officials believe that the former British intelligence officer who compiled the dossier, Christopher Steele, has a credible track record, and he briefed F.B.I. investigators last year about how he obtained the information. One American law enforcement official said that F.B.I. agents had made contact with some of Mr. Steele’s sources.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/p ... &smtyp=cur
More like, dope...dope...dope. :lol:

All of the above is a nothing burger. If they really have something, why isn't it being released? :suspicious:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Its ironic that the former Obama officials & loyalists waged a campaign to oust Flynn, a registered democrat, who served in the Obama admin. Obama promoted Flynn to 3 star general in 2011 and nominated him to head the DIA in 2012. One of the few (only?) democrats Trump had in his cabinet democrats played a major part in getting ousted..
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

mrklean wrote:
Cluck U wrote::suspicious: Did Obama resign after being taped saying this:

phpBB [video]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Liberal media...offended only if it isn't a Lib.
More Repuke Excuses :coffee:
So Typical
:rofl:

Uhhh...Obama was a lying sack of sh1t. Public face saying one thing...but secretly making other deals.

It's OK, you can admit it. :nod:

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Cluck U wrote:
More like, dope...dope...dope. :lol:

All of the above is a nothing burger. If they really have something, why isn't it being released? :suspicious:
It's the way these things sometimes work.

You release bit by bit. Get the administration to comment on it. Release more. Catch them in lies. Get more comments. Release enough to force an investigation. Use all their previous lies and cover-up against them.

Remember Watergate? It was drip... drip... drip for TWO YEARS. Mark Feld could have leaked all his info early on if he wanted... but, it wouldn't have had the same effect.

There's a whole lotta smoke. And no fire yet... but, the intelligence community has been leaking left and right. We'll see how it goes. :thumb:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

I do find it sad to see people like Cluck going out of their way to defend terrible shit Trump has done. Seriously, we get you prefer rethuglicans. But Trump is an incompetent piece of shit, it doesn't matter who you vote for.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote:I think we'll be finding that Trump's ties with Russia are much deeper than Flynn....this is going to be the least boring administration ever...like a double-feature for half-price with two cartoons and a newsreel included..I already love this year and the fun is just beginning.
:nod:

Less than a month in and the unraveling begins. :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Thought Trump - Russia story probably deserved its own thread as the onion peel unravels. :coffee:

Flynn resigns as National Security Advisor
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... d#comments

Flynn aid denied security clearance by CIA
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/m ... ump-234923

Resigned 30 minutes after this article was published (since updated to reflect the resignation):

Justice Department warned Flynn may be compromised in January, but was ignored
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 2d818ba2cd

Intelligence agencies withholding information amid fears "the Kremlin has ears inside" the White House situation room.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 76986.html

Joins Paul Manafort and Carter Page as Trump advisors who have had to resign due to Russian entanglements. :?
Spandoslube :lol:

How dare the incoming head of the NSA talk to the Russians about sanctions! The horror. :coffee:

Flynn got the boot because the coverup was worse than the non-crime. He talked to the Russians. He lied to the VP about it. The VP went on national TV and said Flynn didn't talk to the Russians. Illegal leaks came out and provided proof he did. Flynn lied to and embarrassed the VP. Flynn was given the boot.

*yawn*
One administration at a time. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Vidav wrote:I do find it sad to see people like Cluck going out of their way to defend terrible shit Trump has done. Seriously, we get you prefer rethuglicans. But Trump is an incompetent piece of shit, it doesn't matter who you vote for.
Please post where I defended the terrible sh1t Trump has done. :nod:

Go ahead, I am sure you can drum up a lot of my quotes that demonstrate your theory.

This should be very interesting...

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Flynn shouldnt be the only one getting the axe. At least one person in the intel community (the leaker) ought to be getting the axe also.
I thought it wasn't important who the source was... the important thing is the information in the leak.

:coffee:
Apparently there is a sliding scale. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Flynn being sacked was the right outcome. If the FBI finds other wrongdoing then that should also be followed up on, and prosecuted if necessary. That's how it is supposed to work.

That said, everybody should be concerned that unelected government employees have leaked this information to the media, rather than going to the proper places with it. In other words, this is an indicator that the Federal government is in fact a self propelling, self interested machine. There ARE proper outlets. This is no different from what Snowden did.

If I see wrongdoing in my lane I have outlets. For criminal activity with a counterintelligence flavor, I have a number of appropriate places to go - CNN is not one of them. Again, unelected government entities decided to shape and manipulate public perceptions of the executive by leaking to the media what it absolutely classified information (methods) and whistleblower protections do not cover that. This is as troubling, if not more so than the Russian hacking (because that's what the Russians do by design- we should counter it better).

This sh1t cuts both ways and people taking solace in Flynn being brought low should consider that if public employees can do this with impunity then it is a clear risk to security, both domestic and foreign.

One other thing that indicates to me that this was inappropriate- this information was almost certainly being investigated by the appropriate agency - the FBI - and therefore the leaks both exposed an ongoing probe prior to any finding of fact. Somebody from within wanted to hurt the administration now, rather than waiting for the legitimate wheels to turn. It should be chilling to everyone that the bureaucracy has this amount of control, because it encourages exactly the kind of sh1t Clinton did- it encourages a lack of transparency in government.

I am confident that Flynn would have been sacked anyway - on the recommendation of the FBI to the AG, but now the intelligence community has served notice that it cannot be trusted, and that is bad for everybody.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris