Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:Another thing: Whoever actually wrote the Mueller report went out of their way to qualify their conclusion that there was not sufficient evidence to charge criminal conspiracy. Let's take a look at the end of the executive summary on the conspiracy investigation again:
Even when individuals testified or agreed to be interviewed, they sometimes provided information that was false or incomplete, leading to some of the false-statements charges described above. And the Office faced practical limits on its ability to access relevant evidence as well-numerous witnesses and subjects lived abroad, and documents were held outside the UnitedStates.

Further, the Office learned that some of the individuals we interviewed or whose conduct we investigated including some associated with the Trump Campaign---deleted relevant communications or communicated during the relevant period using applications that feature encryption or that do not provide for long-term retention of data or communications records. In such cases, the Office was not able to corroborate witness statements through comparison to contemporaneous communications or fully question witnesses about statements that appeared inconsistent with other known facts.

Accordingly, while this report embodies factual and legal determinations that the Office believes to be accurate and complete to the greatest extent possible, given these identified gaps, the Office cannot rule out the possibility that the unavailable information would shed additional light on (or cast in a new light) the events described in the report.
Among other things, any objective person should wonder what they could not corroborate. Maybe I'll know if I ever read the whole report. But it suggests that they had witness statements possibly indicating conspiracy but could not corroborate them. Do I know that? No. But what are they talking about?

Either way the author or authors of that language are clearly saying, "WE ARE NOT SAYING IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. WE WERE NOT ABLE TO LOOK AT EVERYTHING WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE LOOKED AT."

As I thought about this I thought about the recent national news story about a case where a guy killed his wife and his toddler son told people "Daddy hurt Mommy." The local police strongly suspected the guy offed his wife but they couldn't charge because they didn't have sufficient evidence. Didn't have a body. It wasn't until decades later that the son as a grownup was doing some work around the house and found his Mom's remains that they went after him

The point is, as you know very well, saying "we did not find sufficient evidence to charge criminal conspiracy" is not saying "we don't think there was a criminal conspiracy" and it CERTAINLY isn't saying "there was no collusion."

And, no, it's not like suspecting you of kidnapping the LIndbergh baby.
The lack of evidence is precisely the same.

The Mueller report reads like any investigative report where gaps are identified (a feature of every criminal investigation)

There are no contemporaneous communications saying “release the Kraken”, John. There is no conspiracy hiding in the gaps.

Anyone with a shred of logic who understands the timeline knows this with a very high degree of certainty. I made this very same point with Jelly numerous times(whose logical reasoning processes were also short circuited by his desired outcome). You can go back and read those exchanges where I explain the overwhelming likelihood that no conspiracy existed. The Mueller report confirms much of what I said back then.

There is a lot of wishful thinking which causes you and others to leave logic on the curb and it is obvious to pretty much everybody here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Okay StOnge. Here is your chance to see what is on the other side.
A carefully redacted footnote within a report by FISA Court Presiding Judge Rosemary Collyer has always appeared to be a clue to a domestic surveillance program. Now details behind the redactions tell a concerning story.
If you don't know who Rosemary Collyer is, it shows you haven't been paying attention.

Domestic surveillance on targets since 2012.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... ore-164349
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

SeattleGriz wrote:Okay StOnge. Here is your chance to see what is on the other side.
A carefully redacted footnote within a report by FISA Court Presiding Judge Rosemary Collyer has always appeared to be a clue to a domestic surveillance program. Now details behind the redactions tell a concerning story.
If you don't know who Rosemary Collyer is, it shows you haven't been paying attention.

https://www.jenkuznicki.com/exactly-mot ... se-website

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by SeattleGriz »

mainejeff wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Okay StOnge. Here is your chance to see what is on the other side.

https://www.jenkuznicki.com/exactly-mot ... se-website

And Jim Acosta is full of shit, but you love him.

It's about 4th amendment violations. Libs used to be on the side of non surveillance.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

SeattleGriz wrote:

It's about 4th amendment violations. Libs used to be on the side of non surveillance.
Who's Jim Acosta?

Go Black Bears!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by SeattleGriz »

mainejeff wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:And Jim Acosta is full of shit, but you love him.

Who's Jim Acosta?

Exactly. Your guilty pleasure just like your Nancy Drew collection.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:

I support the 4th amendment and I’m a lib (not sure about MJ but I know Ivy didn’t care for it at one point).

Never heard of the judge. Conservativetreehouse sounds legit.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:

I support the 4th amendment and I’m a lib (not sure about MJ but I know Ivy didn’t care for it at one point).

This is the judge that NSA Director Michael Rogers went to because his compliance check found that 85% of the queries were not done properly. In addition, contractors were allowed to use the system.

Rogers was the reason Trump tweeted that Obama wiretapped him. Rogers went to Collyer and spilled the beans on the illegal searches. I'll post a link to her redacted release when I get on the computer.

While Treehouse may be biased, they admit mistakes and have only changed story once. Thinking Russia collusion was to get rid of Trump, to believing it is now a cover up for the domestic surveillance.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:

Probably no less legit than CNN or MSNBC these past 30 months. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The former British spy who produced a dossier describing alleged links between Donald Trump and Russia will not cooperate with a prosecutor assigned by U.S. Attorney General William Barr to review how the investigations of Trump and his 2016 election campaign began, a source with knowledge of the situation said.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1SY20K

Maybe JSO can shine some light on why the guy who made the dossier is afraid to talk to the Feds? Seems legit. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:

Probably no less legit than CNN or MSNBC these past 30 months. :coffee:
Oh well...thank god then... :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Probably no less legit than CNN or MSNBC these past 30 months. :coffee:
Oh well...thank god then... :coffee:
Regardless, this was posted as a counter balance to StOnge1B. He can finally see what is still to come. He's only seen one side.

The real StOnge would see through this with his analytical ways.

The D1B in him denies such logic.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ok I want to go on record a little more than an hour before Mueller makes a statement scheduled for 11 AM EDT that Mueller is still an employee of the Department of Justice and I think that, as such, he would not be being allowed to make such a statement unless 1) Barr and Trump know what it is and 2) it is not in any way damaging to Trump.

I just finally saw a talking head point out that this is a Department of Justice Press Conference. She asked if people really think Mueller's going to say anything Barr doesn't want said.

In fact I think it's likely that he'll say something that Trump will like hearing.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:Ok I want to go on record a little more than an hour before Mueller makes a statement scheduled for 11 AM EDT that Mueller is still an employee of the Department of Justice and I think that, as such, he would not be being allowed to make such a statement unless 1) Barr and Trump know what it is and 2) it is not in any way damaging to Trump.

I just finally saw a talking head point out that this is a Department of Justice Press Conference. She asked if people really think Mueller's going to say anything Barr doesn't want said.

In fact I think it's likely that he'll say something that Trump will like hearing.
So he's going to lie? Because he's an employee? Come on, dude, you're way into Jelly territory now with this. Say hi to him for us when you see him.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Ok I want to go on record a little more than an hour before Mueller makes a statement scheduled for 11 AM EDT that Mueller is still an employee of the Department of Justice and I think that, as such, he would not be being allowed to make such a statement unless 1) Barr and Trump know what it is and 2) it is not in any way damaging to Trump.

So he's going to lie? Because he's an employee? Come on, dude, you're way into Jelly territory now with this. Say hi to him for us when you see him.
No kidding.

Mueller is retired and he’s basically a WAE contractor. He could give two sh1ts about what Trump or Barr or anybody else wants

That was just a stupid statement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

That was an impeachment referral.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Translation...stop asking me to testify. All your answers are in the report. Kthanks.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:That was an impeachment referral.
Well, well, well. Look what the fucking cat dragged in. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Yeah, decided to sit out the shitshow after Barr's "summary."

Thought about checking in after the redacted report was released... but, knew no one would read it.

His statement covers the salient points, and I don't believe there was anything new... but, I can at least assume some will watch a short video statement.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
css75
Level3
Level3

Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by css75 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Yeah, decided to sit out the shitshow after Barr's "summary."

Thought about checking in after the redacted report was released... but, knew no one would read it.

His statement covers the salient points, and I don't believe there was anything new... but, I can at least assume some will watch a short video statement.

Glad you are back, now you will be able to see the real collusion as the evidence comes forth. Get your popcorn and enjoy the ride as Coney and his gang begin their journey to having Orange as their favorite color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by css75 on Wed May 29, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

:lol:

Beautiful. Missed y'all.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

css75 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Yeah, decided to sit out the shitshow after Barr's "summary."

Glad you are back, now you will be able to see the real collusion a the evidence comes forth. Get your popcorn and enjoy the ride as Coney and his gang begin their journey to having Orange as their favorite color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol: :lol: You are adorable!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

The Trump presidency is defined by nobody getting what they want
and everybody feeling stupid-er for having participated

and of course:
The range of stupidity on both sides of this circus is alarming...
at this point we know what we're going to know
and each side gets to believe what they feel like believing

and as announced 18 months ago
nobody will get what they want
and we're all simply worse off than we were previously

We haven't hit bottom yet... enjoy the ride down
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:The Trump presidency is defined by nobody getting what they want
and everybody feeling stupid-er for having participated
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find