SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:
93henfan wrote:So those of you who have apparently already read the report, was it good?
The report might well show Trump to be a shady douche (he is)- but there are too many things that have not happened for there to be a hint of conspiracy

Hell, he may have obstructed justice even

On the points I have made over the life of this thread however- I have been 100% correct - including that Mueller’s team had no evidence to chase down, so they made a show when it comes to a conspiracy with Russians

Logically speaking- there cannot be an allegation of conspiracy in the Mueller report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too late! Already called it. While you were blathering on, I stole your thunder.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by CID1990 »

LAWL why haven’t I seen this dude before?

The part where he lights up a Black N Mild had me rolling

https://youtu.be/_nXZ5TFducE

FYI - people who believed in the Russian collusion theory?.... no different from the people who believe fervently that Hillary Clinton “suicides” people

Literally no intellectual daylight between those two groups AT ALL
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

93henfan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:BTW, kinda odd that Trump hasn't tweeted anything yet. Not that it's relevant or something to read into, but it simply seems out-of-character for Trump not to throw in his two-cents on something major (especially when it deals directly about him).

Although now I'm sure I'll wake up to 20 tweets tomorrow.
You know his Twitter finger is itching. He's waiting for his attorneys to fall asleep down there in Florida. :lol:
This has to be the longest Trump's ever gone without tweeting.

Or maybe the report is so bad they're trying to figure out how to spin it. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote:
93henfan wrote:
You know his Twitter finger is itching. He's waiting for his attorneys to fall asleep down there in Florida. :lol:
This has to be the longest Trump's ever gone without tweeting.

Or maybe the report is so bad they're trying to figure out how to spin it. :coffee:
Are you ready for the pendulum to swing back?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Could be. But on the other hand we have that thing where the Justice Department has a policy about not indicting a sitting President. So even if you find that the sitting President did something illegal that had to do with colluding with Russia he wouldn't be indicted. And if he wouldn't be indicted you have that other thing where the Justice Department is going to discourage saying anything.

It's also quite possible that there could be cooperation between the Trump campaign and Russia that is not a criminal law violation.

I would not be shocked to see the collusion thing end at this point. I also would not be shocked to see it continue.
So basically you're saying this whole attempt to get Trump impeached via the "Russian Collusion" conspiracy theory has been a waste of everyone's time and money...

...tell us something everyone here except for those pimping that conspiracy theory already knows.

:lol:
It was not a waste of time and it was not an attempt to get Trump impeached. We should all want the FBI to look into a situation like this one is/was. The big thing I don't like is yet another manifestation of the attitude that the President is special and is not treated like any other citizen. I'm talking about the Justice Department opinion that a sitting President can't be indicated because he's just TOO important to be distracted by something like that. In this case that opinion happens to introduce doubt. If it were clear that a person would be indicted if there were sufficient evidence to do so no matter who they are or what position they hold there would be no doubt. But the fact that the opinion exists provides a basis for doubt.

But that's not the only reason for not liking that kind of opinion. There is nothing sacred about the person who holds the President position at any particular time. They should be treated as any other person is as far as law enforcement goes. Our system is redundant and robust. The idea that the country just CAN'T have a person in the President's position having to worry about criminal liability is ridiculous.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SeattleGriz wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: This has to be the longest Trump's ever gone without tweeting.

Are you ready for the pendulum to swing back?
I've said from Day 1 that I'll accept whatever Mueller outlines in the report, but it needs to be public.

I'll let Congress decide if it's impeachable, but it's not like "Individual #1" hasn't already been named as a co-conspirator into quite a few illegal and frankly, super shady sh*t.

If I was in Congress, as soon as "Individual #1" was confirmed as Trump, I'd vote to impeach or convict.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:Image
It was not a nothing burger. It's just that things came out over time so that people have been kind of de-sensitized to it. Like we have this for instance:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... 6-campaign
Attorneys for Manafort, 69, revealed in a separate court filing last week that he is accused by Mueller of discussing a “Ukraine peace plan” with Kilimnik “on more than one occasion” – and then lying about it when questioned by investigators.

The allegations, if confirmed, would mean that Trump’s campaign chief was working on a plan to settle Russia’s conflict with Ukraine on terms favourable for the Kremlin while the Russian government was interfering in the 2016 US election to help Trump.
I think the the Trump people have always set a false bar. This was not necessarily about finding some smoking gun about Trump himself. It was about finding things associated with the Trump campaign that met the standard for criminal prosecution. Some things like that were indeed found.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
It was not a nothing burger. It's just that things came out over time so that people have been kind of de-sensitized to it. Like we have this for instance:

Attorneys for Manafort, 69, revealed in a separate court filing last week that he is accused by Mueller of discussing a “Ukraine peace plan” with Kilimnik “on more than one occasion” – and then lying about it when questioned by investigators.

The allegations, if confirmed, would mean that Trump’s campaign chief was working on a plan to settle Russia’s conflict with Ukraine on terms favourable for the Kremlin while the Russian government was interfering in the 2016 US election to help Trump.
I think the the Trump people have always set a false bar. This was not necessarily about finding some smoking gun about Trump himself. It was about finding things associated with the Trump campaign that met the standard for criminal prosecution. Some things like that were indeed found.
There certainly was a false bar here but it ain’t the one the Trump people laid down

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Are you ready for the pendulum to swing back?
I've said from Day 1 that I'll accept whatever Mueller outlines in the report, but it needs to be public.

I'll let Congress decide if it's impeachable, but it's not like "Individual #1" hasn't already been named as a co-conspirator into quite a few illegal and frankly, super shady sh*t.

If I was in Congress, as soon as "Individual #1" was confirmed as Trump, I'd vote to impeach or convict.
What would you say if there is a whole thread about how Fusion GPS mislead our intelligence agencies and they bought it hook line and sinker?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote: So basically you're saying this whole attempt to get Trump impeached via the "Russian Collusion" conspiracy theory has been a waste of everyone's time and money...

...tell us something everyone here except for those pimping that conspiracy theory already knows.

:lol:
It was not a waste of time and it was not an attempt to get Trump impeached. We should all want the FBI to look into a situation like this one is/was. The big thing I don't like is yet another manifestation of the attitude that the President is special and is not treated like any other citizen. I'm talking about the Justice Department opinion that a sitting President can't be indicated because he's just TOO important to be distracted by something like that. In this case that opinion happens to introduce doubt. If it were clear that a person would be indicted if there were sufficient evidence to do so no matter who they are or what position they hold there would be no doubt. But the fact that the opinion exists provides a basis for doubt.

But that's not the only reason for not liking that kind of opinion. There is nothing sacred about the person who holds the President position at any particular time. They should be treated as any other person is as far as law enforcement goes. Our system is redundant and robust. The idea that the country just CAN'T have a person in the President's position having to worry about criminal liability is ridiculous.
:shock: :? :rofl:

I'll just leave this here: BTW, Greenwald's Twitter feed the past 30 hours has been a treasure trove of pointing out the nonsense from the Left associated with this nothingburger witch hunt and now goal post moving. :coffee:
Last edited by SDHornet on Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SeattleGriz wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I've said from Day 1 that I'll accept whatever Mueller outlines in the report, but it needs to be public.

What would you say if there is a whole thread about how Fusion GPS mislead our intelligence agencies and they bought it hook line and sinker?
I agree the Steele Dosier is not something to base conclusions on, let alone judge someone.

(if that's what you're implying)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
I agree the Steele Dosier is not something to base conclusions on, let alone judge someone.

Of course the problem is that is what was used to get this whole investigation going. Whoops. :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I agree the Steele Dosier is not something to base conclusions on, let alone judge someone.

Of course the problem is that is what was used to get this whole investigation going. Whoops. :lol:
The DOJ IG is coming out in a few weeks and should shed some light on that one

It ain’t going to look good

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Of course the problem is that is what was used to get this whole investigation going. Whoops. :lol:

I'm of the belief the IG report will be very weak. He didn't do such a great job last time.

If I were Cleet's mom, I would apply love, but it doesn't seem like that would work at this point.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Of course the problem is that is what was used to get this whole investigation going. Whoops. :lol:

Nope.

BTW whats the over/under on jellybelly showing his face in this thread again? Last we saw him he was peddling the conspiracy theory about the indictment plane leaving Manassas or some shit. :lol: :lol: :lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I agree the Steele Dosier is not something to base conclusions on, let alone judge someone.

What? I swear with this revisionist history... :roll:

It was George P. and info the Australian government received which got the FBI rolling.

Even Republicans have said that.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote:
What? I swear with this revisionist history... :roll:

It was George P. and info the Australian government received which got the FBI rolling.

So you going with the "a guy heard it from a guy who heard if from a guy in a bar" story? :? :rofl:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: What? I swear with this revisionist history... :roll:

So you going with the "a High Commissioner of Australia to the UK heard it from Trump's campaign adviser in a bar" story? :? :rofl:
Fixed it for you. And yeah, when Trump's adviser is the one bragging about the DNC hack and Russia's involvement in said hack, that's kind of a big deal.

Maybe Trump should hire better people? Since you know, he only hires the best. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

The IG should clear up what was actually used for the FISA warrant. We already know the judge was not fully and clearly informed by the FBI about the Steele dossier’s origins

Two years ago: cocksure about collusion

Today: cocksure about the origins of the investigation?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:

Is that JSO, or is it JellyBelly?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

BDK must have finally read the report too.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Did they find WMD yet?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:Did they find WMD yet?
Yep, right on the grassy knoll... 8-)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Nope.

BTW whats the over/under on jellybelly showing his face in this thread again? Last we saw him he was peddling the conspiracy theory about the indictment plane leaving Manassas or some ****. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Think of this as one big long Chattownmocs thread and Chatty just lost to App State but they still have a shot at the at large.

Usually only took about a week and Chattown was back, changing his calculus and making excuses

Pretty much the same formula here except Jelly’s more of a glutton for punishment so I’m saying tomorrow