Political discussions
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by dbackjon »

css75 wrote:Where is the collusion, without that the rest is a big huge nothing Image burger Image.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just wait for the smocking gun
:thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
And a fascist unfortunately. :ohno:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I fight fascism.
Facisim, like calling any Republican, Hitler, has got to be one of the most over used and incorrectly used pejoratives.

You're looking for the term, neo-fascist when referring to the alt-right. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:
css75 wrote:Where is the collusion, without that the rest is a big huge nothing Image burger Image.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Smocking gun? That sounds pretty gay. :coffee:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Ibanez wrote:
dbackjon wrote:
Smocking gun? That sounds pretty gay. :coffee:
That ^ is how Trump spelled it in his twitter post yesterday
Try to keep up

:ohno:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Chizzang wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Smocking gun? That sounds pretty gay. :coffee:
Try to keep up

My apologies. I have better things to do than consume Trumps tweet vomit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Ibanez wrote:
dbackjon wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I fight fascism.
Facisim, like calling any Republican, Hitler, has got to be one of the most over used and incorrectly used pejoratives.

You're looking for the term, neo-fascist when referring to the alt-right. :coffee:
Isn't neo-fascism a more specific kind of fascism? Can you be neo-fascist but not fascist? :?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Smocking gun? That sounds pretty gay. :coffee:
Try to keep up

I don't think they're available to civilians unless they're a licensed dress-maker.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Facisim, like calling any Republican, Hitler, has got to be one of the most over used and incorrectly used pejoratives.

Isn't neo-fascism a more specific kind of fascism? Can you be neo-fascist but not fascist? :?
Neo-fascist is more accurate. Trump isn’t Hitler. Obama isn’t Mussolini. Neo-fascism is more apt in a post WW2 world.

That’s just my opinion.

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

There certainly are people behaving like fascists these days

One just delegitimized the civic standing of around half the country on this thread

10 years from now the scribbling class and people like Jon will be digging into people's histories to see if they voted for Trump

fascism indeed

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Maria Butina, a 30-year-old Russian gun rights activist who stands accused developing a covert influence operation in the United States, has agreed to plead guilty to conspiracy and cooperate with federal, state and local authorities in any ongoing investigations.

She admits, as part of the deal, according to a copy obtained by ABC News that is expected to be filed to the court, that she and an unnamed “U.S. Person 1,” which sources have identified as longtime Republican operative Paul Erickson, with whom she had a multiyear romantic relationship, “agreed and conspired, with a Russian government official (“Russian Official”) and at least one other person, for Butina to act in the United States under the direction of Russian Official without prior notification to the Attorney General.”

Based on the description, the “Russian Official” appears to be Alexander Torshin, deputy governor of the Russian Central Bank and a close ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Under his direction, the agreement said, she “sought to establish unofficial lines of communication with Americans having power and influence over U.S. politics.

The agreement, which Butina signed on Saturday, Dec. 8, also notes that the conspiracy charge carries a maximum penalty of up to five years in prison, but the deal could see Butina receive a lesser sentence, depending on the level of her cooperation, before likely being deported back to Russia.

It is unclear what Butina’s cooperation might entail, but federal prosecutors have reportedly notified Erickson that he is a target of an ongoing investigation. The target letter sent to Erickson is from federal prosecutors in Washington, sources familiar with the case told ABC News, and separate from any South Dakota-based federal fraud investigation into his business dealings that has been the subject of earlier media reports.
But now, according to the agreement, Butina has acknowledged that with U.S. Person 1’s assistance, she drafted a proposal called “Description of the Diplomacy Project” in March of 2015 which was later sent to the Russian Official, in which she said that she had already “laid the groundwork for an unofficial channel of communication with the next U.S. administration” and requested $125,000 from a Russian billionaire to attend conferences and meetings to further develop those ties. The Russian Official, the agreement said, confirmed that her proposal would be at least partially supported.

The government has alleged that U.S. Person 1 “worked with Butina to arrange introductions to U.S. persons having influence in American politics,” including high-ranking members of the National Rifle Association and organizers of the National Prayer Breakfast, that would ultimately give her a surprising level of access to conservative politicians, including — in one memorable interaction captured on video — to then-candidate Donald Trump.

Most notably, Butina’s Russian gun rights group “Right to Bear Arms” hosted a delegation of former NRA presidents, board members and major donors in Moscow in 2015, where she appears to have succeeded in arranging a meeting between NRA insiders and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, raising the prospect of a discussion between conservative political operatives and a powerful member of Russian President Putin’s inner circle in the midst of a presidential campaign.

After that now infamous meeting, the agreement said, Butina sent the Russian Official a message, which was translated as saying “We should let them express their gratitude now, we will put pressure on them quietly later.”

It would appear that, even as Erickson was helping Butina forge those connections, he may have been aware of the political implications.

“Unrelated to specific presidential campaigns,” Erickson wrote in an October 2016 email to an acquaintance that was later obtained by the FBI, “I’ve been involved in securing a VERY private line of communication between the Kremlin and key [unnamed political party] leaders through, of all conduits, the [unnamed gun-rights organization].”

And during an FBI raid of Erickson’s South Dakota home, investigators discovered a handwritten note suggesting Erickson may have been aware of a possible job offer from Russian intelligence services: “How to respond to FSB offer of employment?” Erickson scratched, an apparent reference to the Russian equivalent of the CIA.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/maria-b ... d=59719083
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Maria Butina, a 30-year-old Russian gun rights activist who stands accused developing a covert influence operation in the United States, has agreed to plead guilty to conspiracy and cooperate with federal, state and local authorities in any ongoing investigations.

She admits, as part of the deal, according to a copy obtained by ABC News that is expected to be filed to the court, that she and an unnamed “U.S. Person 1,” which sources have identified as longtime Republican operative Paul Erickson, with whom she had a multiyear romantic relationship, “agreed and conspired, with a Russian government official (“Russian Official”) and at least one other person, for Butina to act in the United States under the direction of Russian Official without prior notification to the Attorney General.”

Based on the description, the “Russian Official” appears to be Alexander Torshin, deputy governor of the Russian Central Bank and a close ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Under his direction, the agreement said, she “sought to establish unofficial lines of communication with Americans having power and influence over U.S. politics.

The agreement, which Butina signed on Saturday, Dec. 8, also notes that the conspiracy charge carries a maximum penalty of up to five years in prison, but the deal could see Butina receive a lesser sentence, depending on the level of her cooperation, before likely being deported back to Russia.

It is unclear what Butina’s cooperation might entail, but federal prosecutors have reportedly notified Erickson that he is a target of an ongoing investigation. The target letter sent to Erickson is from federal prosecutors in Washington, sources familiar with the case told ABC News, and separate from any South Dakota-based federal fraud investigation into his business dealings that has been the subject of earlier media reports.
But now, according to the agreement, Butina has acknowledged that with U.S. Person 1’s assistance, she drafted a proposal called “Description of the Diplomacy Project” in March of 2015 which was later sent to the Russian Official, in which she said that she had already “laid the groundwork for an unofficial channel of communication with the next U.S. administration” and requested $125,000 from a Russian billionaire to attend conferences and meetings to further develop those ties. The Russian Official, the agreement said, confirmed that her proposal would be at least partially supported.

The government has alleged that U.S. Person 1 “worked with Butina to arrange introductions to U.S. persons having influence in American politics,” including high-ranking members of the National Rifle Association and organizers of the National Prayer Breakfast, that would ultimately give her a surprising level of access to conservative politicians, including — in one memorable interaction captured on video — to then-candidate Donald Trump.

Most notably, Butina’s Russian gun rights group “Right to Bear Arms” hosted a delegation of former NRA presidents, board members and major donors in Moscow in 2015, where she appears to have succeeded in arranging a meeting between NRA insiders and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, raising the prospect of a discussion between conservative political operatives and a powerful member of Russian President Putin’s inner circle in the midst of a presidential campaign.

After that now infamous meeting, the agreement said, Butina sent the Russian Official a message, which was translated as saying “We should let them express their gratitude now, we will put pressure on them quietly later.”

It would appear that, even as Erickson was helping Butina forge those connections, he may have been aware of the political implications.

“Unrelated to specific presidential campaigns,” Erickson wrote in an October 2016 email to an acquaintance that was later obtained by the FBI, “I’ve been involved in securing a VERY private line of communication between the Kremlin and key [unnamed political party] leaders through, of all conduits, the [unnamed gun-rights organization].”

And during an FBI raid of Erickson’s South Dakota home, investigators discovered a handwritten note suggesting Erickson may have been aware of a possible job offer from Russian intelligence services: “How to respond to FSB offer of employment?” Erickson scratched, an apparent reference to the Russian equivalent of the CIA.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/maria-b ... d=59719083
She could smock my gun anytime she wants to...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I'm beginning to think Trump may actually end up in prison for the rest of his life.

I wonder how many conservatives will change their minds if Mueller finds Trump to be treasonous, or will they just blow treason off too? I won't put it past today's GOP to ignore it...
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I look forward to the day when it's as hard to find a Trump supporter as it is to find a former AGS Conk from circa 2005 that supported the Iraq war around here.
Last edited by Skjellyfetti on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

:lol: :lol: Who's getting played by the Russians now?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Skjellyfetti wrote:I look forward to the day when it's as hard to find a Trump supporter as it is to find a former AGS Conk from circa 2005 that supported the Iraq war around here.
I know what you're getting at, but I hope it's hard to find a Trump supporter in a few years - not because they're ashamed - but because they've acknowledged the mistake of electing a known POS.

Yet as much as history proves people like Trump are not remembered well, a portion of society will always sell their morality for riches or superiority...and try to hitch a ride on the garbage truck.

Trump is simply the personification of humanity's fallibility. We'll see another Trump one day...
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:I look forward to the day when it's as hard to find a Trump supporter as it is to find a former AGS Conk from circa 2005 that supported the Iraq war around here.
I know what you're getting at, but I hope it's hard to find a Trump supporter in a few years - not because they're ashamed - but because they've acknowledged the mistake of electing a known POS.

Yet as much as history proves people like Trump are not remembered well, a portion of society will always sell their morality for riches or superiority...and try to hitch a ride on the garbage truck.

Trump is simply the personification of humanity's fallibility. We'll see another Trump one day...
So did you get any on your date?
Proletarians of the world, unite!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:I'm beginning to think Trump may actually end up in prison for the rest of his life.

I wonder how many conservatives will change their minds if Mueller finds Trump to be treasonous, or will they just blow treason off too? I won't put it past today's GOP to ignore it...
:lol: Yeah, because wealthy people are always held accountable.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

∞∞∞ wrote: Trump is simply the personification of humanity's fallibility. We'll see another Trump one day...
Hope not since the Obama administration paved the way for Trump. If we see another Trump some day, it would likely be because we saw another Obama.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Oh, the irony in that statement is just so deep.
∞∞∞ wrote: Trump is simply the personification of humanity's fallibility. We'll see another Trump one day...
We'll see one next election cycle, and the one after it, and so on. Your naivete regarding politics and the people who inhabit politics, especially at the highest levels on both sides of the aisle, and your damnation of those you don't agree with, are part of the problem.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:
We'll see one next election cycle, and the one after it, and so on. Your naivete regarding politics and the people who inhabit politics, especially at the highest levels on both sides of the aisle, and your damnation of those you don't agree with, are part of the problem.
Democrats are the salt of the Earth!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Republicans are the Old Bay of the Earth. :king: :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

There's a reason I threw away my vote in the last election cycle and voted Jill Stein. Trump was/is a buffoon I could never, ever vote for, and Hillary was as corrupt as the day was long and had piloted a bald-face bit of crony capitalism for at least the past 10 years. And don't bring up "false equivalencies" crap or anything like that. Whether Trump was worse than Hillary or vice versa matters very little to me. I saw respectable people on both sides actually lionize either candidate in their rejection of the other depending on who they favored and that's a real problem we have with the political duopoly today - we get two awful candidates and we somehow think we're going to be okay or that we're better people than the other side because we voted for the one we somehow classified as the less awful one (who, because we voted for them, is now wonderful in retrospect). If we're so simpleminded to be so blaise about the flaws and negatives of the person we vote for just to smear the other side then we do deserve the government we get.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:

Correction: Hildabeast was the KNOWN POS. Trump was a SUPPOSED POS who has since confirmed he's a POS just like Hildabeast.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

If that makes you feel better, AZ. :lol:

What have we learned about Trump's shittiness that we didn't know in 2016?
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:If that makes you feel better, AZ. :lol:

What have we learned about Trump's shittiness that we didn't know in 2016?
His shittiness exceeds 11.