UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:28 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:19 pm
Asking me to make that choice is like asking me how I want to commit suicide, drive off a cliff or shoot myself in the head. Sorry I refuse to pick either.

How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not talking about Christianity. I'm talking about people who identify as Christians. Saying you're a Christian and/or attending a Christian church does not automatically make one a Christian. I know we're all flawed and God doesn't expect us to be perfect but IMO s/he does expect us to put a little effort into it. Raging bigots and bullies aren't trying and it's fair to question whether they're really Christian.

Neither party has given me a candidate worth voting for in the last 2 Presidential elections. Obama was the last one that was close and I didn't vote for him either. Is it my fault that the parties won't stand up to corrupt narcissistic bullies (trump) or corrupt special interests (Biden) and give the American people a candidate with a tiny amount of scruples & leadership chops?
Being Christian doesn't mean you are perfect. That's an oldy, but a goody. You are implying how well you score on the "good Christian" scale determines if you are a good Christian. Quantifying salvation.

No it's not your fault.
That isn't what I posted at all.

Are you assuming that your version of Christianity is the correct version? How do you know that my version isn't closer to being correct?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:23 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:28 pm

Being Christian doesn't mean you are perfect. That's an oldy, but a goody. You are implying how well you score on the "good Christian" scale determines if you are a good Christian. Quantifying salvation.

No it's not your fault.
That isn't what I posted at all.

Are you assuming that your version of Christianity is the correct version? How do you know that my version isn't closer to being correct?
Because your version depends upon whether a person works their way to salvation.

Is salvation fully granted, or is the pledge only good for 75% and you work your way over the hump?

It's all or nothing.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:23 pm That isn't what I posted at all.

Because your version depends upon whether a person works their way to salvation.

Is salvation fully granted, or is the pledge only good for 75% and you work your way over the hump?

It's all or nothing.
Thank you JSgO for predetermining what my beliefs and argument are and making a case against your assumptions rather than my actual beliefs and arguments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:47 am
SeattleGriz wrote:

It's all or nothing.
Thank you JSgO for predetermining what my beliefs and argument are and making a case against your assumptions rather than my actual beliefs and arguments.

You bet! You keep telling Christians how to live their lives and passing judgement, I'll keep pointing it out.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:14 am

You bet! You keep telling Christians how to live their lives and passing judgement, I'll keep pointing it out.
I'm a libertarian, they can live their lives how ever they want. I'm also free to question them identifying as Christians just like MAGAt yahoos question someone who is born male identifying as a female.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Questioning the hypocrisy of proclaimed beliefs vs politicians you support is not telling someone how to live their life.

EG: Jesus would not ever have endorsed Trump or any MAGA candidate.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:34 am

Questioning the hypocrisy of proclaimed beliefs vs politicians you support is not telling someone how to live their life.

:lol: Yes, and I've seen you try to play this cutesy game of damned if you do, damned if you don't over and over with Christians.

Christians don't support transitioning an eight year old? Wailing and gnashing of teeth. Christians are evil. Christians feel Trump is the best option, more gnashing of teeth. Christians are evil.

Lastly, you have no clue what Jesus would do.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:41 am

:lol: Yes, and I've seen you try to play this cutesy game of damned if you do, damned if you don't over and over with Christians.

Christians don't support transitioning an eight year old? Wailing and gnashing of teeth. Christians are evil. Christians feel Trump is the best option, more gnashing of teeth. Christians are evil.

Christians aren't evil. Bigotry is evil. Being a bully is evil. Supporting/enabling bigotry and bullying is evil.

I admittedly don't have a clue what Jesus would do but I have an opinion just like you or a pastor/priest doesn't have a clue but has an opinion. They've studied scripture so their opinion might be more informed than mine but it's still an opinion. Don't like my criticizing people who identify as Christian but don't seem to exhibit Christian compassion? Too bad. We're not in the Coliseum, I'm not a lion and Christians aren't being persecuted. Toughen up buttercup.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Well only if the Bible, my pastor at Cheney Emmanuel Lutheran, Etc aren’t to be believed.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:13 am

Christians aren't evil. Bigotry is evil. Being a bully is evil. Supporting/enabling bigotry and bullying is evil.

I admittedly don't have a clue what Jesus would do but I have an opinion just like you or a pastor/priest doesn't have a clue but has an opinion. They've studied scripture so their opinion might be more informed than mine but it's still an opinion. Don't like my criticizing people who identify as Christian but don't seem to exhibit Christian compassion? Too bad. We're not in the Coliseum, I'm not a lion and Christians aren't being persecuted. Toughen up buttercup.
I have no issue with criticizing Christians. My issue is your statement that simply because a Christian voted for Trump, they are hypocrites.

It's not about the person, it's about their platform. Do you really think voting for Hillary would make someone a better Christian?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:52 pm

Well only if the Bible, my pastor at Cheney Emmanuel Lutheran, Etc aren’t to be believed.
Is your pastor telling you Joe is good to go?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:11 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:52 pm

Pretty sure my pastor died awhile back. But I don’t recall politics ever being discussed in church. What does your pastor say about Trump and Joe?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:51 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:11 pm

Pretty sure my pastor died awhile back. But I don’t recall politics ever being discussed in church. What does your pastor say about Trump and Joe?
Does not get involved.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ever the victim. Irony is dead.

SeavangelicalGriz :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:02 pm

He's spreading misinformation. I'm correcting him.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:36 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:02 pm

He's spreading misinformation. I'm correcting him.

Nobody spends more time telling others how to live their lives and judging than "christians". :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

...and you have no first-hand evidence that this person even existed. Some say its just a recycled Egyptian sun-god myth - I don't know if that's true or not, but many people are saying... :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:49 pm

...and you have no first-hand evidence that this person even existed. Some say its just a recycled Egyptian sun-god myth - I don't know if that's true or not, but many people are saying... :coffee:
It’s called faith
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:48 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:49 pm

It’s called faith
....almost as good as proof. :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:48 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:48 am

It’s called faith
Actually better
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:51 am
houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:48 am

Actually better
definitely easier. :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:02 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:51 am

Actually better
Actually it’s difficult
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:37 am
houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:02 am

Actually it’s difficult
Hyundai getting bludgeoned. Run along now boy, the adults are talking.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:31 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:37 am

Actually it’s difficult
Hyundai getting bludgeoned. Run along now boy, the adults are talking.
What do you find difficult about it?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:09 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:13 am

I have no issue with criticizing Christians. My issue is your statement that simply because a Christian voted for Trump, they are hypocrites.

It's not about the person, it's about their platform. Do you really think voting for Hillary would make someone a better Christian?
Where did I state that every Christian who voted for trump is a hypocrite? I know a lot of people see trump's faults but still held their nose and voted for him. They're not hypocrites.

It's the MAGAt yahoos who actually believe that trump is some kind of savior fighting the swamp on their behalf and who defend/deflect him for all the bad things that he's done (26+ sexual assaults/rapes, 5 children with 3 different women, stiffed subcontractors out of payment for their time & materials, etc.) that I think are hypocrites and/or dupes. They like to say that he's just "fighting back" or defending himself when he acts like a bully and/or calls people juvenile names but if anyone says anything bad about him or the MAGAt yahoos then they're "lashing out". trump and the MAGAt yahoos are thin-skinned weenies who can't take what they dish out.

I'm no theologian but I personally think the adulation for trump in many cases is a violation of Exodus 20:3-5. :coffee: