Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:36 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:07 am
FYP

У меня есть горячая и жесткая салями для вас
Valid point and great suggestion. I think we have enough material for a couple of cue cards to help him out on his next visit.
We'll need video. This could be YouTube gold so we're going to need our own channel. It will be like Impractical Jokers.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:47 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:36 am

Valid point and great suggestion. I think we have enough material for a couple of cue cards to help him out on his next visit.
We'll need video. This could be YouTube gold so we're going to need our own channel. It will be like Impractical Jokers.
But with a Italian twist.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Hey, could someone explain this whole Flynn lying thing to me and if it is a big deal or not? There's the typical breakdown of one side (FOX in this case) saying it's evidence of an FBI/CIA cabal and then the other side (CNN in this case) basically not reporting it all - so once again journalism comes up short when it relates to reporting the news. So the FBI guys tried to get Flynn to lie about something and ultimately he did. How bad is that and why?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:36 pm Hey, could someone explain this whole Flynn lying thing to me and if it is a big deal or not? There's the typical breakdown of one side (FOX in this case) saying it's evidence of an FBI/CIA cabal and then the other side (CNN in this case) basically not reporting it all - so once again journalism comes up short when it relates to reporting the news. So the FBI guys tried to get Flynn to lie about something and ultimately he did. How bad is that and why?
The theory goes as following: Flynn was targeted because he would have found out the political surveillance that had been happening to not only Trump, but others as well.

The abuse of the FISA system is already documented by two FISA judges. Rosemary Collyer and James Boasberg in separate reports talked of up to 85% of searches illegal and performed by contractors as well. Their reports are available on the internet with minimal redactions.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:Hey, could someone explain this whole Flynn lying thing to me and if it is a big deal or not? There's the typical breakdown of one side (FOX in this case) saying it's evidence of an FBI/CIA cabal and then the other side (CNN in this case) basically not reporting it all - so once again journalism comes up short when it relates to reporting the news. So the FBI guys tried to get Flynn to lie about something and ultimately he did. How bad is that and why?
The evidence is beginning to point to the FBI setting a process crime trap for Flynn to get him removed.

I’ve been on record for years in opposition to the statute that prohibits lying to Federal investigators. It is a bullshit statute, it is regularly abused and used as a pretext. Which is precisely what happened with Flynn.

Real cops - local and state - don’t have the luxury of a lying to investigators statute. They actually have to solve crimes with evidence. They have to prove their cases. Fed investigators should be no different. How this statute hasn’t been assraped by SCOTUS already is a huge head scratcher to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

DNI TO SCHIFF: THE TRANSCRIPTS ARE READY TO RELEASE. A big development in the fight over 53 secret interviews the House Intelligence Committee conducted during its Trump-Russia investigation. Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell has sent a letter to chairman Adam Schiff notifying him that transcripts of all 53 interviews, over 6,000 pages in all, have been cleared for public release. "All of the transcripts, with our required redactions, can be released to the public without any concerns of disclosing classified material," Grenell wrote to Schiff in a letter dated May 4.

The Intel Committee did the first probe into Russia's 2016 campaign interference and allegations of Trump-Russia collusion. Even today, its findings make up most of what we know about the affair. As part of that investigation -- it was run by then-majority Republicans -- the committee interviewed some key witnesses in the Trump-Russia matter: Donald Trump Jr., Steve Bannon, Andrew McCabe, Sally Yates, Michael Cohen, Hope Hicks, and many more.

The interviews were conducted in secret. But by September 2018, with the committee's report long finished and made public, the Republicans who still controlled the committee decided the interview transcripts should be released to the public. In a rare moment of comity, Democrats agreed, and on September 26, 2018, the committee voted unanimously to release the transcripts. But there was a catch: The documents would have to first be checked for classified information by the Intelligence Community. So off they went to the IC -- never to be seen again.

Now, in May 2020, they're still secret. Two weeks ago, the Wall Street Journal editorial board reported that the IC had finished its review of 43 of the transcripts, but Schiff was refusing to release them. The paper said Schiff was also preventing declassification of the remaining ten transcripts.

In the letter, Grenell revealed that the 43 transcripts have been finished since June 2019. Schiff has been sitting on them all that time. Grenell said the final ten have just been finished as well. "I urge you to honor your previous public statements, and your committee's unanimous vote on this matter, to release all 53 cleared transcripts to Members of Congress and the American public as soon as possible," Grenell said. Just in case Schiff is still not interested, Grenell added, "I am also willing to release the transcripts directly from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, as to ensure we comply with the unanimous and bipartisan vote to release the transcripts."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... ?_amp=true
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:03 am
GannonFan wrote:Hey, could someone explain this whole Flynn lying thing to me and if it is a big deal or not? There's the typical breakdown of one side (FOX in this case) saying it's evidence of an FBI/CIA cabal and then the other side (CNN in this case) basically not reporting it all - so once again journalism comes up short when it relates to reporting the news. So the FBI guys tried to get Flynn to lie about something and ultimately he did. How bad is that and why?
The evidence is beginning to point to the FBI setting a process crime trap for Flynn to get him removed.

I’ve been on record for years in opposition to the statute that prohibits lying to Federal investigators. It is a bullshit statute, it is regularly abused and used as a pretext. Which is precisely what happened with Flynn.

Real cops - local and state - don’t have the luxury of a lying to investigators statute. They actually have to solve crimes with evidence. They have to prove their cases. Fed investigators should be no different. How this statute hasn’t been assraped by SCOTUS already is a huge head scratcher to me.

The evidence is already there, I posted the Tweets that had documents of the FBI (Strozk, Page) setting up said trap.

The bigger question is where is jelly during all of this? :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

So what did Flynn lie about then - was it just the contact with the Russian ambassador during the transition period between administrations? Or was it something else? I get the gist of this is also that Flynn should've never been interviewed in the first place and that's where the fault of the FBI lies?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:52 am

So what did Flynn lie about then - was it just the contact with the Russian ambassador during the transition period between administrations? Or was it something else? I get the gist of this is also that Flynn should've never been interviewed in the first place and that's where the fault of the FBI lies?
Don't think he actually officially lied as much as pressured to plead, but believe it was over discussions with Sergei Kislyack in which the FBI had the transcripts of the call.

Information is now coming out the FBI had no reason to interview him in the first place, but also shown people thought he was truthful and lastly some wanted to end their "investigation" but were ignored.

None of this would have happened by the way, if Flynn hadn't switched attorneys. Get this, his former firm has former AG Holder as a partner. Got side deals and conflicts of interest being revealed here too. Not Holder, but the attorneys working for Flynn.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

James Gagliano defended the FBI’s honor during the time Flynn was being investigated

Now he’s made a different conclusion

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... comeys-fbi

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Thanks - I think that clears it up for me - I too think Flynn, who may not be a great guy, did indeed get railroaded by a biased FBI.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Last Analjelly posting on this thread: 4/16/20.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:21 am a biased FBI.
Anyone who denied that during the last three years is an idiot.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Adam Scsschiff is trying not to release House Intel transcripts

even though it was promised by unanimous vote

We are getting ready to “FIND OUT” that the IC told the committee ahead of time that there was NO EVIDENCE of collusion

knock me over with a feather

Wait.... I already said it in this thread... like 693 times

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:21 am Thanks - I think that clears it up for me - I too think Flynn, who may not be a great guy, did indeed get railroaded by a biased FBI.
As I stated above, it's looking more and more likely it was done to remove Flynn, as he would have uncovered the political surveillance that was occurring.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:54 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:21 am a biased FBI.
Anyone who denied that during the last three years is an idiot.
Yep. And it was more than biased. It's leadership (Mueller, McCabe, Strok, etc) was downright crooked.

More proof that this entire investigation was a complete and total sham, and was nothing more than an attempt to bring down a duly elected sitting president..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

And Flynn will now have all charges dropped. Seems right with this one. He may or may not be a good guy, but it looks like the FBI was crooked in this case.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52584193
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:29 pm And Flynn will now have all charges dropped. Seems right with this one. He may or may not be a good guy, but it looks like the FBI was crooked in this case.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52584193
I don't think he was a bad guy, but believe his judgement in his dealings with Turkey were a little questionable. Don't know Jack on the topic unfortunately.

No worse than any politician cashing in on their influence.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Flynn charges are dropped...

https://www.apnews.com/tag/MichaelFlynn
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Think about this -

Flynn charges are what started the Russian collusion BS. No Flynn charges likely means no Mueller special counsel. Without the Mueller investigation does the House switch to being Democrat controlled? No D house means no impeachment and all the other crap that has happened the last two years.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:58 pm Think about this -

Flynn charges are what started the Russian collusion BS. No Flynn charges likely means no Mueller special counsel. Without the Mueller investigation does the House switch to being Democrat controlled? No D house means no impeachment and all the other crap that has happened the last two years.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

So what do you guys say to those that would say "but Flynn pled guilty, he's getting special treatment, the FBI does this all the time"? Just throwing out there what the blue check marks on Twitter are saying.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:26 am
kalm wrote:
A former presidential campaign manager and a former national security advisor are insignificant? :?
I would be shocked if Flynn's case didn't get dropped. Too much wierdness with Contreras recusing himself because he knew FBI agent Strzok AND the fact the new judge has ordered Mueller to turn over all documents that may help Flynn, to his attornies.

As for Manafort, they better fucking throw Podesta in jail with him, he was lobbying right beside him in the Ukraine.

Funny how Podesta filed paperwork he hadn't in years right before the indictments on Manafort. It's almost as if he was tipped off.
Nice call :nod:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:58 pm Think about this -

Anyone familiar with the Ted Stevens/Obamacare/Mueller investigation? Same judge too. Can't make this shit up.

https://mustreadalaska.com/robert-muell ... d-stevens/