JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby JohnStOnge » Tue May 21, 2019 6:58 pm

css75 wrote:[

John, Mueller had 18 rabid Democrats, manyHillary donors, they took 2 years and found zilch. Do you not think if they had something they would have pursued. Your TDS has taken your power of rational thought away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is not a "zilch" thing. That is the spin. It is not the reality.

They did not find sufficient evidence to support criminal conspiracy charges at the beyond a reasonable doubt standard with respect to two specific efforts by the Russian government. They did find plenty of interaction between people in the Trump campaign and Russians. Such as Manafort sharing polling data on key midwestern States with a guy with connections to Russian intelligence. Oh and stuff like Mueller's people deciding they couldn't go after Trump Jr. for the Trump Tower meeting because they couldn't show beyond a reasonable doubt that he KNEW he was violating the law.

They also clearly stated that they found possible evidence of obstruction of justice on the part of Trump himself. But they did so in the context of saying that they would not make a traditional prosecutorial judgement. So they left it hanging.

Many, many people who are reasonably qualified to assess the situation have said Mueller's report indicates Trump obstructed justice. Even somebody like Fox News' Andrew Napolitano. Yes, there are others who have assessed otherwise. But the point is that the claim that there is "zilch" is kind of ridiculous.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Postby CID1990 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:15 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:

John, Mueller had 18 rabid Democrats, manyHillary donors, they took 2 years and found zilch. Do you not think if they had something they would have pursued. Your TDS has taken your power of rational thought away.

They did not find sufficient evidence to support criminal conspiracy charges at the beyond a reasonable doubt standard with respect to two specific efforts by the Russian government. They did find plenty of interaction between people in the Trump campaign and Russians. Such as Manafort sharing polling data on key midwestern States with a guy with connections to Russian intelligence. Oh and stuff like Mueller's people deciding they couldn't go after Trump Jr. for the Trump Tower meeting because they couldn't show beyond a reasonable doubt that he KNEW he was violating the law.

They also clearly stated that they found possible evidence of obstruction of justice on the part of Trump himself. But they did so in the context of saying that they would not make a traditional prosecutorial judgement. So they left it hanging.

Many, many people who are reasonably qualified to assess the situation have said Mueller's report indicates Trump obstructed justice. Even somebody like Fox News' Andrew Napolitano. Yes, there are others who have assessed otherwise. But the point is that the claim that there is "zilch" is kind of ridiculous.

Zilch is a good description of what was found as it pertains to a conspiracy with Russians

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Tue May 21, 2019 8:52 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:

Tell me more about this polling data. That sounds bad.
Everything is better with Montana.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Postby AZGrizFan » Tue May 21, 2019 9:50 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:

You and your **** pitchfork-laden witch hunt are Exhibit A for why “beyond a reasonable doubt” exists. You’d have the motherfucker strung up tomorrow if you had your way.
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SeattleGriz » Thu May 23, 2019 4:45 am

Russian Consulate in Miami! Good old Source E from the Steele collection.

I personally liked when Steele used iReport to find claims.

Steele was a super spy right?

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby CID1990 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:06 am

SeattleGriz wrote:Russian Consulate in Miami! Good old Source E from the Steele collection.

I personally liked when Steele used iReport to find claims.

Steele was a super spy right?

You’d be surprised how much good data is on the internets

A good spook can do 90% of his work from his living room these days

BTW... Russian consulates in the US are all KGB

Or FSB... I cant let go of my okd acronyms

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Postby UNI88 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:26 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

You and your **** pitchfork-laden witch hunt are Exhibit A for why “beyond a reasonable doubt” exists. You’d have the motherfucker strung up tomorrow if you had your way.
Would that be bad in the short run? We wouldn't have Trump or Hildamort (many of the cases against her were stronger than against Trump - email, Foundation, Benghazi).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:41 am

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Would that be bad in the short run? We wouldn't have Trump or Hildamort (many of the cases against her were stronger than against Trump - email, Foundation, Benghazi).

Why are you trolling John with more than one (very short) sentence?

The game is to get 10 paragraphs out of him with just a word

We’ll call it the Salome Award

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Postby Ivytalk » Thu May 23, 2019 7:30 am

CID1990 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Would that be bad in the short run? We wouldn't have Trump or Hildamort (many of the cases against her were stronger than against Trump - email, Foundation, Benghazi).

Do invented words count? Something like “TrumpBestPOTUS”
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Postby Ivytalk » Thu May 23, 2019 1:19 pm

CID1990 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Would that be bad in the short run? We wouldn't have Trump or Hildamort (many of the cases against her were stronger than against Trump - email, Foundation, Benghazi).

Reminds me of the classic old “Silent Cal” Coolidge joke:

A gushy society lady comes up to Coolidge at a party and says, “Mr. President, I made a bet today that I could get more than two words out of you!”

“You lose,” he replied.
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Thu May 23, 2019 4:30 pm

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Zilch is a good description of what was found as it pertains to a conspiracy with Russians

No, it's not. Again: They did not find sufficient evidence to bring criminal charges of conspiracy with the Russian government with respect to two specific Russian government efforts given the beyond a reasonable doubt standard.

This thing where people are saying they didn't find any evidence of cooperation, collusion, or conspiracy with Russians in general because they did not find sufficient evidence to bring charges given the beyond a reasonable doubt standard reminds me of the common misinterpretation in statistics whereby people say the test showed that there was "no difference" or "no effect" because the test did not show sufficient evidence at 95% confidence to say there was a difference or an effect. No. When you're using a rigorous standard like that saying you failed to develop sufficient evidence to meet that standard is NOT the same thing as saying "there's no evidence of that."

The candidate's campaign chairman was discussing key midwestern states and sharing internal campaign polling data with a guy with connections to Russian intelligence. Nobody even disputes that. Saying there's "zilch" in the face of common knowledge of that going on is not defensible.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby CID1990 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:40 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

No, it's not. Again: They did not find sufficient evidence to bring criminal charges of conspiracy with the Russian government with respect to two specific Russian government efforts given the beyond a reasonable doubt standard.

This thing where people are saying they didn't find any evidence of cooperation, collusion, or conspiracy with Russians in general because they did not find sufficient evidence to bring charges given the beyond a reasonable doubt standard reminds me of the common misinterpretation in statistics whereby people say the test showed that there was "no difference" or "no effect" because the test did not show sufficient evidence at 95% confidence to say there was a difference or an effect. No. When you're using a rigorous standard like that saying you failed to develop sufficient evidence to meet that standard is NOT the same thing as saying "there's no evidence of that."

The candidate's campaign chairman was discussing key midwestern states and sharing internal campaign polling data with a guy with connections to Russian intelligence. Nobody even disputes that. Saying there's "zilch" in the face of common knowledge of that going on is not defensible.

Hey John

They also found zero evidence that I kidnapped the Lindbergh Baby

i.e.: they didn’t find enough to charge me with it

Doesn’t mean I didn’t do it, though I guess

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SeattleGriz » Thu May 23, 2019 4:45 pm

Super spies work virtual? Sweet, I want to be a spy now.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SeattleGriz » Thu May 23, 2019 4:47 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Bro. One paragraph please. I want to read what you say, but man you type a lot.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Thu May 23, 2019 5:02 pm

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Hey John

Not the same thing. The Mueller report found numerous interactions with the Russians including that thing where the campaign director shared internal polling data. It's not a "there was nothing" scenario.

There are indeed situation in which one can say "nothing at all was found to indicate." This is not one of them.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:11 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Hey John

Not the same thing. The Mueller report found numerous interactions with the Russians including that thing where the campaign director shared internal polling data. It's not a "there was nothing" scenario.

There are indeed situation in which one can say "nothing at all was found to indicate." This is not one of them.

Precisely the same thing.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Thu May 23, 2019 5:24 pm

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

No, it's not. And you really know that.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:05 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I know that you shilly-shallied about Hillary Clinton’s security violations ... running the gamut between incompetence to ignorance, and now you do an about face - I know that for sure

You have zero credibility on this topic

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Postby UNI88 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:32 am

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

I know that you shilly-shallied about Hillary Clinton’s security violations ... running the gamut between incompetence to ignorance, and now you do an about face - I know that for sure

You have zero credibility on this topic

Confirmation bias ...

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Postby GannonFan » Fri May 24, 2019 6:53 am

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Well, JSO's doing his best to be as discredited as Jelly has been - it's like he wants to be as wrong as possible and is frustrated that Jelly has that title right now.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam

Postby kalm » Fri May 24, 2019 7:30 am

GannonFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Well, JSO's doing his best to be as discredited as Jelly has been - it's like he wants to be as wrong as possible and is frustrated that Jelly has that title right now.

So there's as much evidence of CID kidnapping the Lindbergh kid as Trump colluding/conspiring/interacting/plotting with the Russians?

:?

Lord of the Flies in defending Trump...the cs version.

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: **** Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:34 am

SDHornet wrote:JSO still stuck on retard I see. :coffee:

Spoiler: show
I actually didn't read his post, but if anyone does can you let me know if my above post is accurate? Thanks in advance.
Hes in a hottub of stupid just relaxing and soaking it up.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Postby GannonFan » Fri May 24, 2019 7:42 am

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

So there's as much evidence of CID kidnapping the Lindbergh kid as Trump colluding/conspiring/interacting/plotting with the Russians?

Holy widening the argument Batman. Interacting with is not in the same scope at all with the other verbs. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam

Postby kalm » Fri May 24, 2019 7:45 am

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Holy widening the argument Batman. Interacting with is not in the same scope at all with the other verbs. :ohno:

I was being sarcastic. If I just said "collusion" I would have been reminded for 100th time that collusion is not a legal definition.

:lol:

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:09 am

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Yes - there is the same amount of actual evidence of a conspiracy with Russians as there is evidence of me kidnapping the Lindbergh baby. I don’t think I stuttered

I know some of you (most notably Jelly and JSO) have fanciful and highly customized views on what constitutes evidence of a crime, but there was no evidence of a crime in the non-make believe world that most of us inhabit

Return to “Politics”